Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,161 to 39,180 of 45,822 messages
22/05/2013 at 22:50

Ok so I'm not at peak fitness and I'm carrying a fair few pounds - one or two baby, many more Cadbury twirl. But....did I have to be reminded of this by not one but two screws sheering off the loo seat which then slid and I nearly fell off!!! How insulting!! 

22/05/2013 at 23:33

Haha EF, toilet seats r always breaking in this house, 

kids stand on them all the time to reach sink/see in mirror 

CC- very jealous of ur Skye trip, give Sconser a wee wave for me 

I lived in the house with the telephone box at the front door

23/05/2013 at 12:13

Dust ball rolls throo the thread

23/05/2013 at 13:44

Oh dear EF. Mine broke recently too. But I wasn't sitting on it at the time

still ill . Haven't really got out of bed today except for tea and paracetamol and to have a bath (which just made me itch like mad). Reckon def flu

23/05/2013 at 14:03

glad you are trying to take it easy CM, only way to start to recover (())

I will have a wee wave as we head through Sconser then TT

LOL at the loo seat EF

flipping weather ... madness ... headed out for todays run up onto the moors, was 4 degrees where I parked, within a mile I stopped to put on waterproof top AND trousers (I have never done a training run in full waterproofs!) because the wind chill was so bad. It was alternating between snow and hail showers and occasional bursts of sunshine and gusting up to 40 mph . Had buff pulled up to eye level to keep the skin on my face!! The pluses were that I managed to run all the way up all the hills (which is a first so training is working), and my £10 cheapo waterproof trews were brilliant, despite making me look like the mitchelin man with the wind filling them with air! (they are a bit big).

Weather needs to do something amazing between now and tmrw evening ...

23/05/2013 at 14:20

Weather is awful, must admit I have run in full waterproofs a couple of times. It is very 

windy here in general so occasionally it is only way can run 

without hypothermia setting in

23/05/2013 at 16:45

yes TT, know what you mean as is windy here lots too but generally I can survive with just my windproof top or occasionally waterproof top but was the combo of the snow and the hail with the wind.

Got to love my daughters teacher - has given them all words to say in assembly next week about the Hungry Caterpillar, S very proud as she has several lines and we have been practising them but they are meant to be memorising and she gets a few bits wrong, so now in tears as has been told if she can't memorise correctly teacher will give words to someone else to say - FFS, what's wrong with having the piece of paper to prompt her ... this is the child who could barely be understood about a year ago ... is a big thing for her. Sigh

23/05/2013 at 20:54

Glad to hear it's not only my house where the toilet seats keep breaking - I blame the kids standing on them too (at least I hope it's that and not my huge bum that keeps breaking them ).

CC - that does seem a bit harsh about having S having to memorise verbatim, you would have thought they would want to show a bit more encouragement. Maybe have a word with the teacher?

I was going to say that my girls are lovely and sweet but then I remembered the tantrum I came home to this evening from Anna and the one Issie had last night. I know they all do it but I just wish it wasn't over the most pathetic reasons; so with Anna tonight as I couldn't be arsed to dig my keys out of the bottom of my handbag I rang the doorbell and because Issie got there to open it before Anna she started wailing and wouldn't stop. I sat her on the naughty step and let her get on with it and left hubby to calm her down and get her to apologise. And with Issie last night at bedtime I don't even know what was going on but for about 5 minutes every time hubby asked her to do anything she just screamed no at him. Eventually he managed to wrestle her into the bathroom where she continued to wail (no tears, just wailing and shouting) so I intervened by telling her that if she didn't stop crying and being so ridiculous she wouldn't have any TV for the next 2 days. Miraculously that did the trick! Anyway, they do have their good moments too ... honest!

We're off to Wales for a few days in half term as FILs latest blood test not great (he's had non-hodgkins lymphoma and since the chemo lots of problems with his bone marrow not doing what it should be doing). Will be nice to see the in-laws and to get away - am desperately hoping we can get a few lie-ins while we're there as both hubby and I are reaching exhaustion point now with too many late nights and early mornings and never being able to catch up on sleep. Fingers crossed for some Welsh sunshine too (does that even exist ?)

23/05/2013 at 22:38

hope everyone has nice bank hol wkends. I'm off to Wales too Karen. Let's hope it stays dry at least. Great that all your ladies are coming back for Pilates CC - it's cos u r a great teacher obviously! Unlike s's teacher. That is harsh. I hope it all goes ok in the end. I'm sure S will be fabulous! 

lol to loo seats. And get well soon CM!! And good luck for your marathon Lotte !! 

Sorry for stuff I have missed. 

23/05/2013 at 22:59

Haha Karen Welsh sunshine - good luck with that!!! Sorry to hear about FIL though!

I agree - very short-sighted of S's teacher CC. WIth that sort of pressure they are all bound to forget lines!!

Hope you are on the mend soon CM - not nice being sick.

I'm back fromanother blinking work trip (only 1 night and was back to pick M up from daycare so not too bad. Hopefully none for a month now. Worst thing is how tired I get - left at 6am on Wed and drove for 5 1/2 hours, then 3 meetings taking me up to 9pm, up at 6am next morning, meeting at 8am on way home and back for daycare pickup at 2pm. I choose to do it that way to minimise time away from home but still tough. Luckily I had a good audio book in the car which makes the drive go quickly!

Really should be working now so better get on with it!!

Viewing a house this afternoon - excepte can't remember time!

24/05/2013 at 14:23

ah it'll be sunny in wales. but it will also be very blowy. and rain. i know this because i am looking out of the window and that's what it's doing right. now. like bloomin' march it is. and cold too!

still ill

24/05/2013 at 17:43

O. M. G. Have just handed over vast amounts of money in return for some earth!  Eek. Started the week as homeowners, became homeless but with awesome bank balance and now are landowners with an almost empty bank account. 

We adore the land but it's an uncertain 3-6 months ahead as we try to get 4 walls and a roof onto site!

CM, sorry you're still feeling crap. Hope you're better soon. Sorry cant remember anything else, except it's good to see you again lotte but your dentist trips sound a total nightmare. 

24/05/2013 at 23:24

Had a fun night last night - was clear and sunny and the mountain with a fresh dump of snow on top looked beautiful. Hubby suggested a picnic dinner up the mountain. Some frantic running around for warm clothes and we headed out the door. Missed sunset but with a full moon and a million stars it was pretty cool - heated up leftover venison stew on the camp stove - yum!

24/05/2013 at 23:25

Ps eeek but exciting TTid!!!!

25/05/2013 at 07:49

V exciting TT!

looking out window at gorgeous sunshine and according to the forecast there is to be warmth too great for me but feeling for the poor marathoners tomorrow who have simply not had the chance to acclimatise to anything other than wind rain and hail. 

got my iron tabs yest. Got fumerate ones. Nevertheless I'm off to glug some lactulose from the bottle. Baby is still moving plenty but much less active yest than before and I'm convinced it's cos there's no room!! 

I had a night out last night. A real actual night out. With other people. And they had wine and we all ate a lovely tea. Amazing. I even pretended to have wine by putting a splash into a glass then having a bottle of soda in it the best bit tho is that today I'm not hungover and last night I got a bus to the car and got home quickly  

CM hope you're on the mend. Will try to read properly on pc tonight. 

25/05/2013 at 09:12

God I'd love a night out like that EF!! Sounds fab!! 

Horrible day today - cooped up inside as miserable outside. M had spectacular meltdown tonight and we fell out numerous times today (why does she insist on eating paint?!). Definitely not at my parenting best as I even shouted which I rarely do - shows how thoroughly cross I was!! Tomorrow will involve an outdoor excursion regardless of weather!

25/05/2013 at 09:18

sorry girls- no running for 2 weeks so have been hiding under the bed. 

boo to dentists, infected blisters, stern teachers, weather,stroppy kids, poor dads and long work trips

yippee to holidays, celebrating, buying land,clever kids and the few able to get out and run! 

off to Paris in the morning but still lying in bed looking at an empty suitcase so must shift arse soon. 

25/05/2013 at 17:13

That suitcase better b packed Camlo  

Scorching here today, so glad I am not running EMF tomorrow 

But hoping to God it's not as warm in 2wks, I am struggling to run 3miles 

in anything remotely warm as training has all bn freezing 

TT - so exciting to b building ur own house

25/05/2013 at 17:15

27 degrees in my back garden 

25/05/2013 at 17:16

There is a cool breeze tho, so some hope for EMFers

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.