Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,201 to 39,220 of 47,535 messages
14/02/2013 at 10:50
Nothing exciting happening here yet I am afraid. Just back from the gym in the hope I might jiggle it into action on the cross trainer. Leila was a week over though so maybe I'm just a slow cooker.

Enjoy York Caro. A part of the country I would like to visit. And good luck for parents eve.

CM, poo story made me heave just thinking about it!

Hope your back gets better hoggle. Is there an abundance of osteopaths in nz would you say? One of the reasons I am studying osteopathy is with the hope of getting a visa to live there in the future.

JT hope you get signed off to run. Can't wait for my running to start again. Port toilet very accurate... I can't think of anywhere more depressing to live.

Off to find a new car today as ours was written off. Going up to car giant to have a look so the stress of that might spur things on!
14/02/2013 at 10:52

Hoggle, boo to the back pain - sounds like sciatica to me.  My hubby is currently crippled with it too, Caro.  He was just about to start rowing again following his cruciate ligament reconstruction last September, then his back suddenly went after some threatening twinges over a few weeks.  Sent him to my chiro for a couple of sessions which helped, doctor prescribed some strong painkillers and anti-inflammatories and referred him for physio.  It's eased off a lot now but he is very stiff first thing - struggles to bend over enough to get his socks on.  He's just paying for social membership at the rowing club at the moment because he can't really row properly - just hoping it gets better soon for him.  Personally I think another couple of sessions with the chiro would help but he's too tight to pay for treatment!

Most of the snow had gone by last night so was able to get out for my 7 miles.  The time passed SO much faster than when I ran on the treadmill on Tuesday.  Even though it was freezing cold, icy rain blowing in my face, and a strong wind it was lovely to run outside.  I'd only done one indoor session and that was enough!  JT, the treadmill in the gym is set to an hour and after that it switches off.  So when the hour was up I'd done just shy of 8 miles and then had to restart it for the rest of the run.  Also had a weird 'sea legs' sensation when I got off and found it hard to walk, maybe because I'd been on it for so long!

JT, have fun with your houseful of boys!

Camlo, I know - I really must get myself some offroaders as I do quite a lot of that these days.  I always seem to need to replace my road shoes though and can't afford two pairs at once.  Will have a look online and see if I can get any for a good price

Happy Valentines to everyone!  K was very upset this morning that hubby and I had cards to open and he didn't - he said he felt very left out   Might buy him some chocolates or something just to cheer him up!

14/02/2013 at 15:58
Thanx for that link Lotte, very interesting. Might try some iron though as eat most of those foods. Will look when next at shops.
Blooming rubbish weather, rain and more rain, depressing.
Oh no to the back pain Hoggle, not nice. Good that you had an app. anyway. Sounds like a trusty wee place u live in there!
I did 3 miles on my treadmill in the garage this morning Mnks. It is boring. Think the longest I've ever done is about 8 miles when marathon training. Boring but needs must n all that. Was going to do more but planning a turbo session tonight.
Hmmmmmmmm JT, that'll be rather noisy then with all those boys. Enjoy!
Hope u find a car Anj before baby appears. Good luck
14/02/2013 at 16:03
Enjoy your days away Caro. Was once in York many moons ago and remember it being nice.
Me n hubby decided not too buy valentines cards for each other, waste of money.
Accidentally entered a road race in May, ooopssss. Bit worried now TBH as haven't even been out on my second hand Giant bike yet. It's been on the turbo since December when I got it! Of course I wouldn't pick an easy sportive oh no. It's only 43 miles but has 2000 feet of ascent with a 10 k hill! It's on the west coast passing Applecross. Yikes. Hope I can do it and won't be last!
14/02/2013 at 16:13
I'm enduring "Get Well Soon". It's the nit episode. I'm trying to.resist itching. The kids love it. Has anyone else seen it?
14/02/2013 at 18:46
Cam loves Get well soon, fortunately she has forgotten about it for now.
14/02/2013 at 18:50
boo to cramming stuff in, more voms/poo, bad backs and knackered trainers.
yippee to valentines day, new cars, entering more races and counting down to new baby!!
Minks - the adidas kanadia are good off roaders and cheap compared to others at about ??35.
By'eck - I am the resident yuck breeder on the thread, we have had foot and mouth, molluscum, nits, worms, 4 verruca between us at present not sure if we have ever had the plague but certainly wouldn't be a surprise.....
Have a nice break Caro- love your fb pic of valentines day treat!
JT - hope you are surviving- wasn't sure if having that many kids made a yippee into a boo.....
Had a day off today so dropped kids at my sis and set off in a t-shirt for a wee run, loving the sunshine so decided to 'go long'. Of course the clouds soon appeared, followed by icy rain and wind..... I was not impressed. 11.3 miles in 1:50 and knees were crying so packed kids into car and went for a swim to warm up and loosen up!
14/02/2013 at 18:56

oh no re knees camlo

i started spewing at 4am and finally stopped about 9am. T then texted me at 10 to say E had vommed. so we have now all had it apart from him. E is fine apparently and i'm getting there too. have had a really high temp which broke about 4pm and now i feel better

14/02/2013 at 20:36
Surely it is his turn now CM!! Hope you're better soon.

Talking of molloscum M's finally seems to be going-hurrah! Only about 2 yrs later. E had a few but his immune system seems to have done the trick as they never amounted to much.

Parents evening was much better than I feared, really focusing on the positives. It seems she is doing fine, v social and outgoing with lots of friends, and reading well. We got to see her work books as well which were all really nice, lots of nice photos of her doing things and looking happy. And her behaviour has been great this wk, lots of stickers on her school sticker chart and I made sure the jar got full of its pebbles tonight so she got a cream egg.

In the car now, half way to york, both kids asleep.
15/02/2013 at 10:58
I am going to scream. Just went into garage to check something and my shoe came off. Hopped back out and calf popped again. Agony. Can't walk. Back to square one. I haven't run since dec and won't be running any time soon. I am so p1ssed off.
15/02/2013 at 13:17
Bum CM, that sucks. Make sure you rest as much as you can. Also jope the voms are gone for good now. Did I gather from FB that N is back on the scene? Hope you 2 have sorted things out.

Hoggle, hope your back is improving.

Man, we are all falling apart!!

Not much to say from here. Have been going in to office this week, no such thing as maternity leave when you are the boss . Very tired but not much we can do about it at the moment.

Hope you all have good weekend and had lovely valentines yesterday. Max came back from nursery loaded down with sweets, chocs, cards etc. it is the way here that everyone gives something to everyone else in their class. Not sure we shall entertain that silliness every year!!
15/02/2013 at 13:29
Oh yes, doc prescribed me iron tablets when I left hospital but never told me about one of the side effects.... Black poo!! Looked a bit like Oscar's first dirty nappy, ewwww!
15/02/2013 at 16:21
I remember that surprise Turbo.
My little boy was at the paediatrician this morning. He is 3 in a week and weighs 9.8kg (21lbs 5oz). She is very concerned so we see her again in 2 weeks. If he doesnt put on lots of weight we will need to intervene and tube feed him.
15/02/2013 at 18:01
Boo CM that sucks!
Scary by'eck - are there reasons for lack of weight gain or just a wee lad?

Back is ok but am worried about my leg. Nerve pain pretty much gone but something obviously still compressed because it feels like leg doesn't work properly - eg. Can't flex my foot (pull toes towards leg) properly or curl toes under. Trying to tell myself this will improve quickly but feeling a bit freaked out esp as weekend so can't see anyone. Very hard to rest properly with an 18 month even with hubby around and he is back at work tomorrow.

So looks like I'm stuck on the bench too - at least I'm in good company!!!
15/02/2013 at 20:49
Not sure why he doesnt put on weight. He has lots of food he can't eat, which doesnt help.
15/02/2013 at 21:11
Has he been tested for coeliac disease?

TT - can't imagine working with a newborn. N has been down twice in the last couple of weeks. Not entirely happy about it but kids delighted. Dunno what I'm doing really. Gah!

I still can't put any weight on my foot. Fear we won't be going to chessington tomorrow

Put E in her new bed tonight. It is so high - she can't get in it without jumping bless her!
15/02/2013 at 21:34
CM, o is still so young he sleeps most of the time so not really a problem having him here at work. What is a problem is how tired a newborn makes you and also feeding. Am currently sitting in our boardroom with him attached to me. All decent but still feels a bit odd talking to my colleague with him on my boob!

Hope you are fit enough for chessington tomorrow. You could always rent a motorised scooter!

By'eck your little one is wee! Max will be 3 next month and I think is about 38lbs, he's quite tall for his age I think and quite a chunky monkey. Hope you don't have to go down the route of tube feeding him. Are there higher calorie versions of the foods he can eat that you can substitute?

EF, hope you are doing well. How is sickness now?

Anj, thinking of you. Remind me, when is your due date? Still can't believe that I could easily have still been pregnant now...
15/02/2013 at 21:48
Yup, coeliacs came back negative. We've tried everything we can to boost his diet but there's so much he can't have. He has a wonderful diet, for a healthy balanced lifestyle. Sadly it doesnt have enough in it to make him out on weight.
15/02/2013 at 22:17
yippee to new beds and boardroom baby!
Boo to injuries, bleached skirts and black poo.
By Eck - you must be frantic. Why can't he have certain foods? allergies? behaviour? I think I would be looking at a cause before I allowed tube feeding which will only temporarily address the symptom of not eating and may even cause more distress?
CM - chin up girl, your bad luck has got to pass eventually!!
15/02/2013 at 22:30
It is much easier to get on with things when they are tiny. If you can cope eith the extreme tiredness and hormones etc.
Moo has several diagnosed intolerances. It gives him dreadful diarrhoea, blood in his poo and he gets the most horrendous bloated tummy and gut pain. He's been tube fed in hospital 5 times before@ no because of his failure to thrive and bouts of significant weight loss. We see a dietician every 2 week's at the moment for review and support, and she doesnt have anymore answers. We really have come to the point where we're all scratching our heads. We've changed his milk, add calories to everything, he likes food but just can't take enough to keep him going.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.