Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,201 to 39,220 of 45,530 messages
28/05/2013 at 00:13

Sounds fab CC, last time I was in Skye was 2weeks b4 fell 

pregnant with Camryn, so nearly 6yrs :'( 

We found some amazing things in pools at Broadford beach 

little tiny seahorses + teeny little puffer fish things 

I cheated with the French + used Google translate, my French 

is extremely basic, can figure out what is written but wouldn't 

know how to reply 

28/05/2013 at 00:17

Well had to wear a blister plaster over blister for Sunday's 

10miler which made blister go all soggy + when took plaster 

off the skin came with it NICE 

It has dried up fine but is still red + the itching is driving 

me bonkers, not sure whether should go to doc for 

antibiotic cream or not?

28/05/2013 at 01:41

Agree Skye sounds fab CC!! I've been twice - once hitch-hiking when I was 18 on my gap year and once with my parents and brother. Such a beautiful place! WOuld love to go back again!That rockpool counds amazing TT!! I would LOVE to see a seahorse! There are some fab looking rockpools along the coast here - should be fun for rock-pooling next summer!

Brrrr its cold in my little office (home). You would all be appalled at how badly set up for heating NZ houses are!! Central heating doesn't exist, and we don't have a heat-pump (NZ equivalent sort of!). Only 1 heater in the entire place - a useless gas thing that we don't use as so crap! Think I need a hot water bottle!!!

28/05/2013 at 07:45

My Mum said Australia was the same Hoggle 

she went there yrs ago to comfort her sister after 

her husband died + it was Aussie winter, said it was freezing in the 

house. Made worse by fact everything tiled to help keep 

cool in summer.

28/05/2013 at 08:07

There is a fantastic little aquarium along the coast from us at Macduff. It's really small but brilliantly set up for kiddies - have rock pools you can put hand in and touch what's in there along with a tank full of baby sea horses etc. Much get there in holidays again ... makes a good day out.

Depends if the itching is because it's healing or because of infection I guess TT.

28/05/2013 at 09:09

I know that's the conundrum CC, have an app for doc at 

3:20 (great time for school /nursery, kids r running home from school & D or Nat will have to collect teeny from nursery) 

Plus need to b back by 4 as Ch will b coming in from hi school too.

28/05/2013 at 17:18

these appointments are always at a great time aren't they?!  So how did you get on?

Crazy day but managed to squeeze in 10 miles after doing school run, pilates class, airport run and supermarket shop!! Just done school run & swimming so just tea, bed and another pilates class to go ...

Really windy again but also fairly warm - well I think 16 degrees is toasty enough for running!  1.20 for that run so a decentish tempo one I think but was definitely a bit dehydrated BEFORE I started which is never good.

Right, best get this roasted chicken on plates ... delighted to find it hadn't burnt to a crisp in the oven while we were at swimming lessons

28/05/2013 at 17:46

Don't think I'd be brave enough to leave roast chicken in over and go out.  Sounds good though.

Working today as going to swden tomorrow.  Should be home by 8, then need to stuff food in face and leave for pilates at 8.25.  We don't leave till 7pm tomorrow but havent done much packing, and just feel a tad lackadaisical about this whole trip.  I guess I'll have fun once I'm there, but they're hubby's friends really, and it is such an effort to go for 4 days with 2 kids as you all well know......

F in law had more tests today, and finally sees a consultant of some sort tomorrow so maybe he will actually have an idea what treatment is going to involve.  He wont stop smoking 'it's only 4 a day' blah blah, I called him a stubborn old fool half jokingly yesterday, but seriously, if you have cancer, how can you keep smoking???

Well done Lotte for Sunday!

28/05/2013 at 18:49

I wonder that too, esp when it's 'only' 4 a day, but then my sister has been smoking since she was 15, 'only' 10-12 a day, she was delighted when her Dr told her it would be more stressful for her and baby to try and give up when she was pregnant so kept going through pregnancy and still does now. I totally struggle to understand how she could do that, esp as it took a while to concieve but she likens giving up smoking to asking me to give up running ... sigh ...

Good luck with the packing, know exactly what you mean about four days and two kids - still need the same amount of cr*p as you'd pack for two weeks away!!

I have just paid a deposit on a Yurt for a long weekend in the summer hols for our 'family holiday' - at Rydal Hall in Lakes so pretty central. Think kids will be ridiculously excited about the idea.

Chicken was fine - I can pretty much time it to the minute as it takes us almost exactly the same amount of time every week to get out of that place and I had 15 minutes leeway

Edited: 28/05/2013 at 18:49
28/05/2013 at 20:06

I bet if doc had told u u had to stop running while pregnant 

as it was likely to cause u to miscarry or ur baby to b born early 

or too small etc, u would stop like a shot. 

I was a smoker b4 had Nat + gave up immediately I found out she was on the way 

Doc gave me fucidin cream CC, 

28/05/2013 at 20:10

was quite odd doc appointment, he was asking all stuff about the marathon 

how far it was, what training I had done, the furthest run I had done , how many times a wk I run etc 

and he was typing all my answers into the computer

28/05/2013 at 20:42

Some serious foam rollering of my hip + quad muscle 

has made huge difference to my back + dwn side of thigh 

so need to do more tonight to keep it loosened up

28/05/2013 at 21:10

Glad you got some cream TT but perhaps you need to invest in super dooper plasters to protect from now on. Keep on rollering girl! 

CC can I come on your holiday??? Please, please, I will be good I promise!!! 

Glad we did the Eiffel tower this morning as hubby now got dodgy guts and hasn't left the room since lunch time. I however donned my kit and went for a lovely run along the seine. Only had 15 miles in my legs since the marathon 5 weeks ago so pleased to get 7 done! 

28/05/2013 at 21:53

going to order some injinji socks, have bn wearing toetoe 

ones but they r cotton, so not good on long trail runs where 

my feet often end up soaked. 

Have chopped a bit of the insole of shoe where it's bn rubbing.

Run sounds fantastic Camlo.

28/05/2013 at 21:59

Caro - know what you mean, we are off to Ireland tomorrow.  Hope your trip goes well!

also my step mum has given up her 4 a day about 3 months ago.  She is rather disappointed as she feels no better for it.  She has one of those electronic cigarettes for when the urge strikes!

28/05/2013 at 22:46

Wow JT didn't know you were away - sounds fab!!

Freezing here but sunny which always makes a difference. We tried to go up the mountain to the snow yesterday but the road was closed. M was so upset and cried mountain mountain mountain all the way home! I have splashed out $0 (5 pounds) on a pair of fleece trousers to wear in my 'office' while working! Must remember to change them before collecting Matilda from daycare!

3rd wedding anniversary today. Hubby cooking rack of lamb tonight - yum! Decided not to go out as we have a bottle of bubbles saved from my sisters wedding (same bubbles that we had at our wedding (YUM!!).

29/05/2013 at 07:47

Mr Tangy bn off the cigarettes for about 2 months, he has some 

pmt type days but doing well. After smoking for 40yrs it's a miracle, just hope he can keep it up.

29/05/2013 at 08:23

My grandad smoked all his adult life (started about aged 18), finally decided to give up when he was 70 when going in for his second hip operation. He was a average smoker I guess ... lived to 97 and died of old age and swore by walking a mile a day and a yeast tablet!!!! I guess he had good genes or something but, yes, like you say TT, if my doc had said that to me it would have been a no-brainer.

J had Fucidin  once when he kept getting random sore patches round his mouth. Seemed to work. 

Injinji socks are fab although the thicker ones can be a bit warm.

JT - that sounds fab and I am so good you have had a proper holiday cos you needed it!

Camlo - sounds like you having fun in France (despite hubbys dodgy guts)

Hoggle - dinner sounds yummy, happy anniversary. I do school run in all manner of state of dress - from fairly spruced up right down to covered in mud.

Dentist today ...

29/05/2013 at 11:23

going for the anti blister 2 layer ones CC, I have an old pair of 1000mile ones like that + they r very thin, so hoping injinji 

ones r the same

29/05/2013 at 20:03

bonjour ma cheries, la louvre fantastique mais ma feet sore avec grande blisters et le weather crap!! Grande P*ss down. Tres expensive!!!!!! Cafe et tarte tatin pour deux = 20e. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.