Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,221 to 39,240 of 43,682 messages
28/03/2014 at 13:21

I want to do Ealing 1/2 in Sept Minks and just tick over really.  I need to go back to park run, plus there's those 10k and 5 milers in June/July that I am planning to do, nr Stansted.

Are you free next Sun 6th?  We have nothing on next wk end at the moment.  Poss planning a trip to the Olympic pool at some point as it's supposed to be really good for kiddies but other than that nothing on.

28/03/2014 at 13:59

bloody hell Lotte.  i was awake at 4am, stressing and worrying. last thing i would have felt like was getting up and running.

so... having had no work at all, i've just found out i've been assigned to a bid for the Post Office which I will be on until I leave. lovely. nothing like leading a whole workstream (which is what i will be doing) when you have resigned and are demotivated. they are a bunch of utter idiots. this is a massive piece of work, very high profile and high risk and they give it to someone who has resigned... at least i'll have something to do though.

28/03/2014 at 18:04

Good grief CC don't your friends have anything better to talk about????  1 more hr to go at work......

28/03/2014 at 18:14

Oh and here's a fri evening giggle -

I was in the park at lunch and a small boy was whizzing round on his scooter, and whizzed off and his mum yelled at him 'Winter Sage, Winter Sage, don't go out of the park'.......

28/03/2014 at 18:32
Fantastic news that ur feeling good after a 40 mile wk CC, long may it continue.

Wishing u and all the family a fantabulous holiday Lotte, enjoy that G&T.

4am running is just madness, I woke up at 6 and went back to sleep but am thinking I need blackout blinds so I don't wake up at 6.

Nice 18 miler for me this morning, thanks for the mention CC, all on Tarmac too which I thought would b a killer as usually do a lot of trail running. But my legs feel better than normal. Had forgotten how much quicker and bouncier tarmac is, trails sap every ounce of strength out of ur legs. Did a route I had mapped out way last year and it was just fantastic. Fantastic views, birds I had never seen before ( dippers and thrush I think, will have to look them up), a heron, plenty sheep and hairy coos and a few more route ideas for running and some hill walking with the little one. Was just great. Plus although I was feeling a bit sore by the end I didn't really feel tired. Upper body still felt strong and posture good.
28/03/2014 at 18:37
Now have a dilemma, do I go to the shops for red wine or have gin & tonic or bitter lemon ( hubby got huge bottle of gin for his birthday and he told me to help myself)?
28/03/2014 at 18:41
Not quite on 'winter sage' level but wee boy outside school this morning was called Loki.
29/03/2014 at 19:01

Winter Sage?  Really?  And would you really use the full name when calling them in public?  I hear the weather is nice in UK this weekend so hope you are all out hasing a great weekend. Has been pouring here so had very lazy morning. Better get in the shower I guess now it's 3:00!

Done all my washing though so that's out of the way for a while. Not sure if I mentioned but scan went ok on Thursday. We signed our mortgage up yesterday so that's a relief. House build going well. I'll post a couple of update photos on fb. our new product launch getting great reviews but slow to raise funds on kickstarter so can I please ask any of you who haven't already accepted my invitation on fb to like the page to do so and share details especially with anyone who likes the coolest new things or is in to home design/decor, safety or are germophobes?  Thanks all. 

29/03/2014 at 19:50
Weather horrible here, absolutely baltic freezing cold wind
29/03/2014 at 21:25
CC, I'm in that boat too. I'm training a guy who's doing Ironman in August. When I started running with him last September he had never run before (is a strong cyclist though). He only did two runs per week with me but I paced him to 1:47 for his first half in December. I do his long runs with him each week. He used to row with hubby - gave up rowing a year or so ago - and he is single with a reputation for being a bit of a shark. I don't think hubby likes that I run with him or that we text each other all the time about training. Doesn't help that he's fit and good looking but he's also 9 years younger than me! I admit I find him quite attractive but I am fully aware that the grass is not greener plus I would never jeopardise my family.

Caro, not sure yet about next Sunday - it's a possibility if we could run early doors? I've got my brother and SIL (yippee) and my mum coming for lunch so need to get run done early that day to get back in time to cook etc. I may even end up running Saturday instead but we haven't finalised arrangements yet so depends what time they're coming.

Well done Tangy, that run looks great! And to feel that good after 18 miles is impressive! CC really pleased that things are coming back together for you, that's great news

Cannot believe that about your work, CM. Just do the bare minimum that you need to do to get through this project - no putting yourself out, you hear?! They are not worth it. Bet you can't wait to leave now!

Happy Mother's Day lovely running mums!
29/03/2014 at 21:49

Winter Sage?  Loki?  (is that pronounced Locky or Lowky?!)  These poor kids...

Well done on the long runs, still stuck on short ones here but feeling good.  Physio said she'd send me a rough training plan and hasn't which is a bit annoying, as I'm worried if I start making it up I might end up back where I started .  I'll make another appointment for a couple of weeks just to check I'm going in the right direction.

Well my observation has now been cancelled for the second time - clearly a priority!  The department or college, not sure which, is being audited this week which means all lessons have to be on proper lesson plans.  Quite annoying the week of my interview but hey ho.

Speaking of which, I have tried on a couple of my suits which I have not worn in years, and they still fit, just about .  Now I need to dig out some shoes to go with them!  I live in jeans and boots/Skechers trainers at the moment...

Lose an hour tonight, boo!  I am expecting Sophie to be my waitress for breakfast in bed in the morning, little sweetie , then I'll go for a run and have my me-time.  Although I had a Swedish back, neck and shoulder massage today which was luuuuverly and relaxing, and got a load of knots out of my shoulders.  I could actually have gone to sleep afterwards!  Mental note to have them more often!

And I bought a magazine while I was in town which had a sample of some perfume in it - I loved it so Googled it and found it for about £27 instead of £50 so bought it  calling it my Mother's Day present to myself!  Happy Mother's Day tomorrow everyone!

30/03/2014 at 10:55

Happy Mother's Day lovelies. Not been on here or FB much or Instagram or what's app or anything much recently. Recluse as massive black clouds. Not even wanted to get up/dressed or anything. Shouting and crying at kids. All pretty awful. Starting to pull out of it a bit - enough to realise and accept I need to see GP again to see about some anti deps again. Don't even know if there would be any I can take whilst bf-ing. If not I guess I'll just have to cope. Anyway, hopefully  am on the up and maybe the gp can help. 

Hope you all are good. Have a fab hols Lotte. Seem some fab running from you briefly but will read back to catch up. Have a wonderful day all. Xx 

30/03/2014 at 11:17

Oh brookie get thee to the gp. Take whatever you have to to get back on an even keel. Remember that bf isn't the be all and end all and if the anti d s can help you cope and deal with the two young ones maybe consider bottle feeding. I'm only on two bf a day now and it's liberating. I am going to cut to one this week I think. 

Have be a good Mother's Day all. We made it to 9am tennis with monkey runner and Megan. Was going to run but dusted down the spin bike and did 20km instead. Struggling with the leg again. No pain but it's numb down front and back thigh and my shin. Not ideal really. 

30/03/2014 at 14:40

Ask for lofepramine Brookie. I bf J in them 

30/03/2014 at 15:46

Oh thanks CM. That's good to Know. was it ok for you? Any other side effects? Thanks so much for tip. Should help if I know what to ask for! 

30/03/2014 at 20:27

Hugs Brookie, good to hear from you - please share your black clouds on here if you need to .  Keep us posted on how you get on with the GP. xxx

Camlo    pirate
30/03/2014 at 20:27

Big hugs brookie, hope you find a way to blow the black clouds away xx

Yippee to eye candy on your runs ladies , new perfume, mortgage and building (love the pics), breakfast in bed, fitting in old clothes and getting to ski hol ok (nice pic on fb of Lotte) 

Boo to work hassles yet again, hope interviews and observations go ok JG and not quite sure what to say about your situation CM!! 

Been busy but managed a bike ride yesterday and another quickie today. Had a dinner party last night which was great but didnt get to bed before 2am (old time) so only got 6 hours sleep (which is for too little for me). 

Hope you all had a nice day - no pressies for me but mil got me some flowers and babysat last night so that was good. I made hubby coffee in bed, i cooked a roast, i planted some toms and courgettes, I emptied the dishwasher twice, i bathed the kids and I am waiting to empty the washing machine. 

30/03/2014 at 20:37

It is an old style anti d Brookie. So does have reputation for side effects. Only thing I found was a bit of constipation. there are others thAt you can take tho. Friend of mine bf on fluoextine. I think they weigh the risk up with these things. Not sure if tatty is back on anything?

30/03/2014 at 20:40

Hey Minks - just sent you a FB message.

Hugs Brookie......xx

30/03/2014 at 21:25

Brookie, glad you are rising out of the depths and getting help. Hope you're back on track soon. Sounds as though some of you have had lovely mothers days. Happy mothers day to all of us. It's not MD until May here so no treats for me today. Took boys shopping this morning which actually worked out ok. Had to get Max some new Crocs as his are going through at the toe and decided to buy Os his first pair too. They will look so cute together. 

There are a set of twins near us called Steel and Storm. I keep thinking they should be Sapphire and Steel if anyone remembers them!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.