Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,221 to 39,240 of 47,644 messages
15/02/2013 at 22:44
Wow, E was weighed at his 1 year check last wk and he was 10.2kg-that really puts it into perspective. My Moo aged 4.5 still has runny poos, says her tummy is sore a lot, but not to the same degree as yours obviously. She was tested for coeliacs, and we did lactose free for a couple of yrs which I think helped, but now we're back on eating everything and she seems to live with it. The tummy pain seems to go very fast and doesn't stop her eating or doing things.

Having a nice time in york, went to Viking museum today and I went for a nice walk with E whilst M and daddy did another museum. Treated myself to some new clothes from fatface
16/02/2013 at 01:51

Boo to food intolerances and not knowing what's wrong. Hope it gets sorted soon By Eck.

Bit pished as been our with 2 friends, one of whom lost her husband in a car accident last year and it was his birthday yesterday (on V Day).  Good night in the pub but pushing 2am now and really should have sobered up and gone to bed!

Yeay to new clothes Caro  Hubby noticed tonight that I've kept both the coats I ordered in the sale which I was supposed to be choosing between - oops !

16/02/2013 at 07:53
Hi all. Sorry been lurking recently and not posting. I'm so busy and so tired and still pukey so I sound like a broken record and figured it better to turn my sound down!!

In a course this weekend. 9-5 both days and I've got to be the one acting out role play today and tomorrow I have to present an appeal. Oral Exam in two weeks when you present a (different) appeal to two real judges. Why the flaming Nora did I sign up to this?

No running. I did go for a two mile walk. I then slept for 1hr45 on the sofa. Got 16 wk appt on tues with the dozy midwife whom I can't stand and 20 wk is on 14/3.

Sorry to have so many poorly or on bench. Right better shift my ass!
16/02/2013 at 15:03
crumbs - must be a huge worry for you by'eck. Hope you get to the bottom of it soon. Guess your running helps to take your mind off it for a while? My youngest has kidney/ plumbing probs and needs catheters so I know how valuable my running is to me.
EF - boo to still feeling pukey, hope your role playing goes well.
Yippee to new clothes Caro and to night out JG.
CM has posted from chessington so guess the bugs have let up a wee bit! Hope she is having a nice day!
Only time for a quick run so did 5k in 25mins, was proper panting all the way! early night on the cards so I can join club for a 17miler in the morning.
16/02/2013 at 18:33
That was speedy Camlo 17 miles? Wow good luck on that girl!
Role playing EF, yikes I hate that! Boo to still feeling yuk.......... Don't worry about moaning to us
Scary I agree by'eck, you sound like you get plenty of input but its a shame you've never got to the bottom of it.
Mmmmmmm fat face clothes Caro, lucky u.
Hope JG not too tired today.
I felt wee bit rough after having half a bottle of fizz and 2 other drinks yesterday afternoon at my friends. It was nice but it's only 5 wks till she leaves
A wee 4.5 mile run today & going out with the cycle club tomorrow.
Have 2 interviews. One on Wed. & the other in March.
Have to do a 5 minute presentation on the role of the practice nurse for Wednesday, yuk.
Hope everyone's well.
16/02/2013 at 20:44
Oh yes EF - get on and moan as much as you like. I do it all the time

By eck - has he been checked for any auto-immune stuff like crohns or ulcerative colitis?

Posting from chessington. Was expecting it to be shite. 96 quid for hotel incl Bfast, two days in park with all the Madagascar 3 stuff on for the 3 of us. But it is amazing. Much of the park is shut but tbh that is the rides my kids wouldn't do anyway. Today they chortled like mad at sealion and ran round like enthusiastic loons in the aquarium. We also had photos with Alex the lion and king Julian. There is much more zoo stuff to see and we also have arts and craft activities in the morning which my 2 will love. And this afternoon we went into the pool here which was lovely. They swam like sealions for an hour and wore themselves out so much that they were practically comatose before their dinner. The hotel room is amazing. Never stayed in a family room with separate kids sleeping area and lovely bathroom. It is a real treat not to have to sit on the bog while they fall asleep and then spend the night with E's elbow up my nose! So if anyone was thinking of chessington - so far so good!

Of course I can't actually walk. Am getting around by just putting the toes down on my right foot and now my left calf is killing me too presumably due to over compensating. No motorised scooters sadly...
16/02/2013 at 22:28
Back to a&e this morning after a completely sleepless night with nerve pain. Similar thing to last time - disc bulge pressing in nerve - just have to wait until it reduces.
So frustrating!! K having to take time off work as I'm not capable of looking after M and she just wants me to pick her up!
Not to mention already way behind at work after week holiday and work trip - hmmmm working hard to manage stress levels. Reminding myself of my friends who are back up in Starship again as Fletcher's liver failing. Hubby potential donor but must loose 8kgs first - not sure there's a bigger motivation to diet than that!
Glad you're having fun CM you deserve it!
Some good runs out there too - TB!
17/02/2013 at 06:20
Ok so being practically crippled is clearly not enough punishment for me today! M managed to cover herself and the carpet (rented!!!) with sudocrem! Arrggghh! Thank god hubby was home as I wouldn't have managed and it would have been much worse!
So...... How the hell do I get the stain out?!!
17/02/2013 at 07:50
Lemon juice diluted in hot water. Scrape as much as you can off using a flat bladed knife or spoon, then use a cloth dipped in the lemon/hot water mix to get up the rest
17/02/2013 at 09:54
Just a quick one from me to say Evie iris was born this morning at 1.42 weighing 6lb 10oz. All really well and ridiculously happy. It's not on FB yet as I'm not sure who hubby has told!! Will post more later.
17/02/2013 at 10:02
Yay Anj, fabulous news. Congratulations to you all. Lovely name. Looking forward to seeing some photos of her.
17/02/2013 at 10:20
Congrats Anj, fantastic news! (At first glance for some reason I read the name as elvis - Evie iris much nicer!)
17/02/2013 at 11:39
Congratulations. What a lovely name. Have you managed much rest yet?
17/02/2013 at 14:22
Congratulations Ang, lovely name + well done you!
17/02/2013 at 14:23
*Anj
17/02/2013 at 15:12

Oooh, congrats Anjelicals.  Lovely lovely names!

17/02/2013 at 18:25
Congrats anj. Great name
17/02/2013 at 18:59
Congratulations Anj!! Love the name and just saw pic on fb, she is gorgeous
17/02/2013 at 19:11
Congratulations Anj - great news. Hope all is well and looking forward to hearing how it went xx
17/02/2013 at 19:24

Congratulations Anj!  Love the name Evie and Iris is so pretty .

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.