Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,261 to 39,280 of 46,061 messages
03/06/2013 at 19:00

Well I've re-read that last sentence about three times now and the only conclusion I came to was   wow after thinking I'd got the wrong end of the stick!!

Slapped cheek - both mine had at various points in nursery - was always difficult to tell with J cos he was teething from six months through to 4 years and continually had red cheeks because of it!  When S had it she also got a body rash but nothing more. Agree I think it's contagious until it appears

Mighty relieved that J agreed he was too tired to go to Cubs tonight - was dreading that battle but he announced he was so tired he could go to bed now (we'd just got back from school!).  He actually wasn't too stinky just grubby and sticky!!! Not too impressed with the hiking boots that were worn for kayaking and swimming in the sea - looking rather in need of some tlc now - have never tried sea swimming in hike boots!!

Yay to the run JG and fingers crossed the neck was random and the leg is healed.

11 miles run this morning in HEAT and sunshine  round the forest.  Then 10 miles biked this afternoon (dropped kids bikes at school this morning so we could all cycle home).  Treat was ice cream when we got back and that soon relieved the overtired overheated grumps!!

Semi-easy running week as I have a 30 mile race on Saturday, although am not intending to race it as such seeing as I have my 'proper' race at end of the month, treating it more as my last long run (although is a couple of miles longer than the Lairig Ghru Race) so need to make sure I bimble round, think I will take the camera as scenery should be good http://www.lochalsh-trails.co.uk/

03/06/2013 at 19:13

Yes I've just re read it three times and janie!!  Fab News. I was trying to tell if you'd told your boss or if you were just so bored you were telling your own head!! 

Edited: 03/06/2013 at 19:14
03/06/2013 at 19:26

Woohoo, only came back on to congratulate EF on passing her exam and her forthcoming promotion but JT has dropped her bombshell in the meantime.  Go JT!!  So excited for you and wishing you a healthy and stress-free (if only!) time.

But still, well done EF, especially with your sickness and stress, I'm sure I couldn't pass an exam right now!

03/06/2013 at 19:31

I'm now sitting with a big smile on my face after hearing your news JT, also heard that one of Max's best friends (Cash for those who have seen my FB pics from this weekend) is also going to be a big brother.  I think his Mum is about 2 weeks ahead of you so I shall be able to visualise you all of the way through!

Babies are a bit like Pringles aren't they? 

03/06/2013 at 19:49

Haha to your boss's response.  How old are T and A now?

03/06/2013 at 19:50

Fab news JT

03/06/2013 at 20:05

Good grief JT I wasn't expectine that!  Wowsers!  Congratulations.

Also well done EF - we all knew you could do it!

OK, been up since 3.30am UK time.  Need sleep!

03/06/2013 at 20:18

All you mentalists with 3! I have a recurring nightmare at the moment that I fall preg naturally by accident and it turns out to be twins. I categorically do not want to so pregnancy again tho in my defence I have of course endured the yucky first 15 weeks x3 already! I'm well pleased for you though JT and hope that it all runs smoothly and uneventfully! 

03/06/2013 at 20:37

Congrats JT!  Fingers crossed it goes smoothly for you.  3 is mostly amusing, B is up to 8 steps now, likes eating dirt, is 1 this month!!! And just points at things and says 'eh' very loudly and we have to decipher his needs!!

Slapped cheek - I read the NHS direct website and it implies that its fine as long as they don't have a temp which she hasn't had.

Think Aidan had it too but his rash has gone quickly.

Vixo - bad news is that we had a bbq with my brother and his pregnant girlfriend the day before the rash came out.  Really don't know whether to say anything or not.  I don't want to stress her out but its worrying me.

03/06/2013 at 20:51

Oh no Kinsey, that's a worry.  I don't know what I would do in your position.  There's really nothing you or she can do now I guess.  Would she know by now if she had contracted it?

03/06/2013 at 21:01

huge congrats to baby news and exam success!!!! Yippee too for sleeping children and fab running. 

Kinsey - I would maybe tell your brother but not his girlfriend so at least he can keep an eye out for it without worrying her? 

Tried to run again today but every mile was a real slog and I cadged a lift home after 8 miles, guess I won't be doing the mara this weekend! 

03/06/2013 at 21:17

I was so busy trying to interpret JTs message that I forgot to congratulate you EF - I think that's fantastic, . No mean feat at the best of times, let alone with how completely cr*p you've been feeling and family commitments too. Well done!

Thankfully I don't like Pringles  ... so no chance of any repeat performances here (well not planned ones anyway!!).

03/06/2013 at 21:18

Camlo - you never know, you may still refind a spring in your step yet, if not, hey, I am sure you have something else lined up?

03/06/2013 at 21:26
Congrats EF, that's pretty impressive! Are you on the countdown for finishing work now?!

And huge congrats too JT, wasn't expecting that news!! Hope all goes well, and can empathise with the anxiety - but fingers crossed everything will go smoothly.

Kinsey - tricky one. Does the nhs info say how long before the rash you're contagious? I think if it was me I'd like to know so at least I'd know what to look out for - but it may be that she's already out of the danger window depending on which of your children got the rash after seeing her, and how long the incubation period is. (in which case she doesn't need to know anything!)
03/06/2013 at 21:34

Well done EF - fantastic!   Great that all the hard work was worth it.

And JT - read your post and thought "hang on, must have missed an earlier post somewhere"!  Congratulations!   Fab news.  I'm sure all will be fine but it's only natural to worry a little bit.

Every time we decide not to use anything (sorry if TMI!) because I have a Mirena coil, I always panic that I am pregnant - pretty pointless having it as most of the time I insist on an extra layer  but I just don't want to take the risk, particularly as Nicky was conceived first month of trying .  A little part of me would love 3 kids (shh don't tell hubby!) but I also know I could not cope with it all again, I just don't think I'm psychologically stable enough . A friend of mine is expecting her 4th - no.3 was an accident (she's Catholic and persuaded her hubby to use the natural method - he was not impressed when he found out!) and it turns out no.4 was too...when will it end?!

Must be lovely to have 3 little monkeys though, and especially when they're older.  I'm one of 4 and we're all very close, even if we have our little disputes from time to time!  Or 6 little monkeys Lotte 

03/06/2013 at 21:35

Oh and my neck seems to be slowly improving, very weird how it happened, I do hope it was a one-off!  Thanks for your thoughts .

03/06/2013 at 21:36

woohoo fab news Janie, congrats.

Well done you EF. Had to laugh at your recurring nightmare which was my reality, only I already had 4...

03/06/2013 at 21:40

Congratulations JT!! Thats awesome news!!!

And well done to EF too!!!

Glad you are all finally getting some sunshine now! It's cold, wet and miserable here at the moment and I am feeling slightly depressed that its onl the 4th day of winter!! I've lost my UK hardiness well and truly!

Well we got a toddler bed for M (decided that as there is a double bed in her room already (big room that is also spare room) it would be too cramped with a single and managed to win a fab bed on trademe (ebay). She was excited then changed her mind at bedtime. After much reassurance and a nightlight she went to sleep fine - fell out of bed at midnight, lost bunny at 2am and came in to me asking for porridge at 3 but then slept til 7am. Told me this morning that she had a nice sleep and was happy so I guess thats a success - I'm knackered!! Period turned up today, plus a dodgy tum so am feeling really rubish and was glad to pack M off to daycare. WIshing I didn't have so much work to do though!!

03/06/2013 at 22:03

Vixo, feel a bit less worried, nhs says its most contagious 3-7 days before the rash and we saw them 1 day before it appeared so will mention it just in case but they didn't really have any physical contact that I remember so hoping its ok.  Aidan's face is flaky now, he hasn't had it on his body, and so far Benedict is ok but I felt v rough a few days ago and did wonder...

well done EF!!  Totally missed your news for some reason

03/06/2013 at 22:04

Brilliant news JT, exciting, manic times ahead!!!!

and EF, such a great result, bet your well chuffed, go girl, partner too, excellent

hoggle- had to chuckle at your night! Poor thing knackered, sore tum, nae good. Hope u manage to get through the day x

TT- best of luck for your marathon just in case I don't get on here. You"ve really put the training in so try and enjoy the ride!!!!

have been reading now and then but time appears to be flying past me & just don't seem to get time to post. Had yoga tonight so got a good stretch & a nice lie down!!! Study day today on "pain management" and tomorrow on " intermediate life support". Was on a night shift Sat. night so it's busy and am pretty tired but hey ho. Managed to squeeze in a 10 mile MTB cycle before dinner last night at least. It's going to be difficult to fit the miles in this week. Think will have to be a cycle Wed. & Thur. night. 

Sorry for all I"ve missed.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.