Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,281 to 39,300 of 46,040 messages
03/06/2013 at 22:25

Reading but just never seem to get round to posting.

Wow JT - congrats!

And congrats to you too EF!  Mailed you today about catching up but definitely need to do it soon and have celebratory lattes and scones!

Paris sounds lovely Camio, boo to not making the mara this weekend tho.

TTid - all sounds exciting on the house front!

TTwirly - given my uselessness at posting on here I'll say good luck for your mara now. Hope all the training pays off.

Caro - Sweden photos look fab.

Right, better get off here. Traybake still to make!

04/06/2013 at 08:07

Wow JT. I wasn't expecting that!  Fingers crossed for you...

and congrats to EF amazing after your rough times. Manic here. Am reading will post more soon...

04/06/2013 at 10:34

Congratulations JT!!! Lots of 3's on here, is it the magic number then?!

And well done to EF too!

Post more later once I've done some work

04/06/2013 at 10:39

wow congrats, JT. i did wonder when you posted on FB that you'd been in JoJo's

and brilliant effort, EF!

Still feeling crap - blood test tomorrow to find out whether it's glandular fever

04/06/2013 at 16:19

Sonya - my hubby mentioned 4 this morning.  I'm definitely not up for it though, I'm 40 next year and I feel like we are incredibly lucky to have 3 healthy kids.  Suspect I'd have done a Lottie if we'd met and started earlier

04/06/2013 at 17:54

Hahahahahaha same as me Kinsey. I reckon we would have had a fourth if had met hubby earlier. But am 42 this year so defo not. Also hubby wouldn't want another and I find 3 hard enough!!!'m

brain mashed &have a school parent  council meeting tonight, oh joy. What I really want to do is go for a run up a hill, ahhhhhhh well no can do...............

04/06/2013 at 19:56

Gosh, well this spring chicken of 35 is definitely not up for having a 3rd!!  Discovered one of M's friends mums is 22 today........I knew she was young but still!

Ill again - I swear I have had a cold monthly all yr, bloomin kids!  Pilates tonight and all I want to do is sleep.  But my back is sore and I know it will help.

M has a pair of those keen type sandels with the elastic tightener thing (as do I actually!) and they are great.  

04/06/2013 at 20:06

I'd have more if I could afford a surrogate to endure pregnancy for me! 

04/06/2013 at 20:16

Really?  I'm not sure I would although part of the reason I don't want more is financial, but that's not the only reason.  I quite enjoyed both pregnancies, apart from all my back issues with Eric, and I do feel a little envious when I see women with bumps around.  Not sure how I would feel being handed my baby after someone else had had that experience!

04/06/2013 at 20:19

I'd feel slim, smug and undamaged. What I'd find hard is not knowing if they had sneaked more wine than they should or smoked at all. But pregnancy is just not for me, thankful though I am to still be pregnant. It's much harder this time although I'm definitely a lot brighter now I've had iron for a week. What a difference! 

04/06/2013 at 22:17

I'd have more in a shot. But I'm too old. And there is a small matter of not being in the sort of relationship where a baby would be a good idea...

04/06/2013 at 22:38

I have no idea tbh. I definitely don't want any more now, am too old and I am happy with the balance as it stands (and at times when I have my black clouds etc I struggle to cope with my two wonderful children as it is).  When I first met hubby he wanted five kids apparently , for a while I wasn't sure if I really even wanted kids, so five was never ever on the cards ... although I can remember going for my scan for Scarlett and having everything crossed and praying away there was only one in there. My SIL 'did a Lotte' although she 'only' had two when she accidently acquired another two by way of twins!

04/06/2013 at 23:40

Hmmm a lot of you saying you are too old for more are younger than me...  I would love another although we are definitely not giving O anywhere near as much attention as M got. 

EF glad the iron is making you feel better. 

CM when do you get your blood test results?

04/06/2013 at 23:43

I definitely want another - just a matter of when really. Need to wait until hubby has done his re-training and found a job. He won't agree to it until we are financially secure which is fair - I'm more of the well it takes a while to get preg and then you are preg for 9 months!! Would love to get preg now (am jealous of my sister I must admit!) but must be realistic about it and he is right about waiting I think.

Probably will stick at two - like Caro for financial reasons really

05/06/2013 at 10:14

I would have had 6 kids if hubby had wanted to, broke my heart 

when Nat was effectively an only child all those yrs. What made it worse was her half 

brother + sister also have a half brother who they lived with 

+ there was an obvious closeness between them + him that 

they didn't have with Nat. Altho now they are all grown up it isn't 

noticable, she has quite a close relationship with her big bro + sis. 

Camryn doesn't as she never knew them growing up, Nat seen them every 2nd 

weekend, Camryn only sees them a few times a yr, altho she is instantly comfortable 

with them. So I think it won't really have a bearing on their adult relationship. I am

sure as she gets 

older she will go + spend more time alone with them 

stay for weekend etc. Plus she has a big sis who lives with her.

Wouldn't want any more kids now, being pregnant in my 

mid 30's was way harder than being pregnant in early 20's, would not want to go through it again now.

05/06/2013 at 11:51

my kids hate each other with a passion at the moment. They are constantly hitting each other; fighting; shouting / screaming at each other. I assume it's all part of growing up. But seriously - they bicker, argue, fight and cause each other pain the whole time they are together!! They so rarely play together. Yesterday we went to the beach after school and I was amazed that they co-operated over the digging of a hole - E dug and J ran backwards and forwards to the sea for water. It is a rare thing indeed!

05/06/2013 at 12:01

Interesting how many would've had more kids given the chance! We'd all be a lotte! (and run as fast maybe...?!).Second pregnancy was def harder than first but I was only a year older so think the chasing a toddler had more to do with it than how old I was. I am very keen for a third (would absolutely love a boy - although I realise I am more likely to have another girl!). But I am definitely not ready yet, since getting this injury I just desperately want to get my knee/body fixed then have a full year of good running, have another crack at a marathon PB without breaking myself. Then maybe I'll be back to thinking about babies plus need to convince hubby... he is not keen atm but the girls are only 1 and 3yrs so we need at least Mags to be at school first! I am slightly scared that another pregnancy would b*gger me for good though! And TT - age is relative! You've had your boys quite close together, possibly if you've had Max ten yrs ago you may feel too old to do it again?!

Sandals - Mags now has a pair of clarks doodles off ebay for a fiver, they look very comfortable and well made. (She is an F width so we have plenty to choose from).

Still spending £'s on my physio, decided to attempt to run last week and knee went within a mile so got thoroughly despondent again. Then at physio on Sat we spent all session on the treadmill videoing me running/walking (all on my iphone so I can see my awful form!). Very interesting watching me swing my hips, knock knees, swing my left arm far more than the right etc. She tried out different adjustments and to start with we are going with making sure I run with at least a fist width between my feet and land lighter on the right side. Have been instructed to run 1min walk 1min 3x, so a whole 3min of running! Its not long enough to feel the knee pain so no idea if its working and I'm running with my legs so far apart that hubby says its hilarious! Saw the Dr this morning about MRI and he obviously does not like physios.., has perscribed me an anti inflam and told me to come back in 3weeks if I still can't run then he might consider referring me!! 

Enough moaning, Maggie is getting to watch a lot of peppa while I write this . She has preschool this afternoon (on her freebie hrs) and Rosie at the childminder so I will be officially working at home. I am actually going to the gym then the shops and will catch up on work once they're asleep tonight (whilst watching the apprentice probably ). Expect I'll be back when I'm 'working' later.

05/06/2013 at 13:39

Have you got strengthening exercises etc for the muscles that are tight/pulling things the wrong way Sonya, that will have a degree of influence on running style. Some things you may never change other things are more important - like strengthening so knees track properly etc.

I am going to be 43 this year, obv if by some act of miracles I ended up expecting we'd go with it, but NO WAY by choice. Kids are at school, I am starting to find my feet again having spent time at home etc so it's a no-brainer for me, no way I would like to return to battling the pits of PND for starters!  And as Caro says, there are financial implications too. 

Nice hilly 8-miler this morning with my friend, this time we had Tilda Swintons dogs and the 'manny' for her twins ... we didn't lose the dogs this time, but did lose the manny!!! Just as we were thinking we'd have to go in search he appeared, having done a couple of extra miles!!! Great hilly route though and legs feeling pretty good so hopefully bodes well for Saturday. TT - think the warmer stuff is here to stay, at least there has been a bit of time to acclimatise to it though I guess ...

Um, well JT, I did have a little wonder about your condition ... I think you made a reference to 'not likely to be running for a while' or something similar, kind of got me thinking and then I quickly dismissed idea

Right, I need to get sausage rolls made for our picnic tea in the car that is always part of Wednesday chaos. Kids have Junior jog Scotland 3.45-4.30, hop in the car over to Nairn for Guitar at 5-6, and then back home again and get them in bed ready for pilates 8-9 ... phew.

S lost her first tooth yesterday ... spent all evening reminding myself about the tooth fairy as she's been a bit forgetful in recent months ... thankfully she turned up!

05/06/2013 at 14:32

How old is S, CC?  Think she's a little bit older than Sophie?  Sophie managed to wobble/pull her second tooth out yesterday so I was on constant "don't forget the Tooth Fairy" reminders last night!  What do you do with the teeth, chuck them?  Hubby can't believe I haven't instantly chucked them out but I keep thinking I should keep them, or is that just weird?!

Well after my optimism that my neck pain would just go away, it seems to be getting worse and radiating into my shoulder blade - don't think I'll be doing circuits tonight   Why is it every time I feel fitter I get set back again?  So frustrating.  I've made an appointment for Monday morning at the physio (same practice where I was seen for my frozen shoulder) as that's the earliest they can do.  I keep popping the ibuprofen and paracetamol and trying to stretch/mobilise it but no idea what it needs really.  Sigh.  It is the same side as my frozen shoulder so I wonder if it's related.

9 days till Sophie's birthday...the excitement builds...  And I've just bought a Nexus 7 for hubby's birthday plus case - my mum gave us £75 from a distant relative's inheritance so, although it's technically hubby's I thought I'd put it towards the cost - eases my conscience at least and I'm sure I'll get a go at some point .  I know nothing about tablets so I hope I've made the right decision!  It was £160 ish so not too bad, plus £15.99 for the case.

Nicky has now had 2 naps this week after over a week of refusing them!  But he didn't go straight to sleep last night and was awake at 5.15am this morning so tired again now - not letting him have one today though!  I told him to go back to bed as it was too early this morning, which he did, but 2 mins later heard his door open and him sneak downstairs - bad Mummy rolled over and went back to sleep !

05/06/2013 at 15:05

what does Tilda Swintons dogs and the manny for her twins mean?? i am lost!!

forgot to say, TTid - i had my blood tests today. obligatory week wait to get nurse's appt for bloods. I'm still coughing and blowing constantly. asthma is also quite bad

it will be another 7 - 10 days for the results; then if i do need to go see the gp again, it will be another 3 weeks for an appointment!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.