Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,301 to 39,320 of 45,526 messages
05/06/2013 at 15:33

CC's friend is a dog walker who walks tilda swintons dogs + I take it 

her male nanny came for a run with them

05/06/2013 at 16:30

That was my translation too Tt!

CM what a rubbish wait time for the results. That will be 2-3 weeks since you first said you were getting tests. That's crap. 

CC are you racing this Saturday?  Tt are you Saturday or Sunday?  Camlo still running or no?  Let's have a quick round up of all of you running this weekend....

My fitness getting worse. Missed last night with running group and feeling really blobby. Probably need to do a couch to 5k like Caro. Did you find that online Caro?

05/06/2013 at 17:36

I think it's on the RW website TT?  I think I'm going to give circuits a go, dodgy neck or no dodgy neck - it doesn't hurt all the time, only with certain movements and frankly I'm too stubborn to stay at home !  I've made an appointment for Monday morning anyway in case it hasn't improved by then.

CM - that is totally carp 

05/06/2013 at 17:37

Sorry already told you about the appointment, apologies for being dull (and slightly insane) 

05/06/2013 at 18:42

aw no JT, thats so annoying re the sick kid at the childminder, hope archie recovers and you all stay clear!

Yes, that was what I meant with my rushed typing - a 'manny' being a male nanny!!

I have an 'event' on Saturday - not really sold as a race although there is a results list with times. It's over on the West coast near Shiel Bridge, there is a 30 mile route than can be completed by walkers or runners and a shorter 12 mile walk option ... doing the 30 mile run as a chance to cover longer distance and check all my kit works before Lairig Ghru in a few weeks (although Lairig race is shorter at 28 miles).  Need to get some long runs in the bank now anyway, now I got sold on the 100km Lakeland race courtesy of Lotte!!!

05/06/2013 at 18:43

JG - no chance it's just a cricked neck or a random knot?  Or perhaps something working it's way up and out?  All can last a few days?

05/06/2013 at 18:51

Love the look of that race CC, very close to Skye too which a nice wee bonus. 

All the races I'd like to do fall around the same time 

going to take yrs to do them all. 

Childminder should have refused to take the child who had bn sick, 

unfortunately you get people who just lie about it + u don't find out 

til later in the day. Very unfair on the other kids/childminder/parents, esp given that they have no idea if any of other kids or their 

families could have health issues that make them very vulnerable 

to severe illness if exposed to infections like that. 

05/06/2013 at 18:54

TT-  my race is Sunday @9am, so hopefully b finished by 2pm

05/06/2013 at 18:55

oh, and this made me chuckle in car on way back from guitar. Somehow talking about having hundreds of children literally - J said it would be quite painful for the person having them, so I pointed out that different people could have them, 'oh, so you'd get married lots of times' ... me: 'um not necessarily, sometimes people are not married and have children', so my darling daughter quite eloquently said "I guess he could just 'do the willy thing' and run away"!!! Doesn't miss much does she?

05/06/2013 at 18:56

I like the fact that this will be a very low-key event, I am planning to take my little camera (providing hubby brings it back from his week-long biking trip in one piece) and take pictures and generally amble round - is the plan anyway!

05/06/2013 at 18:57

JG - S was six at end of March. My children don't do early development - J was 12 months before he got any teeth at all, S was 14 months, so I never expected them to drop out early or anything.

05/06/2013 at 19:01

lol @ S and the 'willy thing'. fabulous!!

05/06/2013 at 19:08

CC I'm roaring at 'the willy thing'!

05/06/2013 at 20:20

Spluttered my juice at the willy thing. pmsl! 

05/06/2013 at 20:23

Good one S, loving it. 

I would like to do EMF again (always at end May), 

the Skye half marathon which is this wkend, 

the localsh dirty 30 this wkend again, 

the Hoka highland fling (end April) . 

05/06/2013 at 20:29

Suppose could do Hoka + localsh in the same yr, but got to get a place 

at Hoka 1st. Got to actually do a few mid distance ultras 1st too. 

Would like to train specifically for Edinburgh to try + get a good 

time, so think need to get my application in for EMF now. 

05/06/2013 at 20:29

God if early teething means early losing them Eric's should start falling out any day now!

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

This is the couch to 5k thing TT - I'm on wk 4.

I have my e mail from VLM telling me to click on the link to pay for next yr to confirm my deferred entry.  In all honesty I can't see me doing it.  I mean I guess I'll prob pay just to give me more time to think about it, but then not do it.  I'm still not right, even thoiugh I'm much better, and even if I weas better enough to start training I think I'd just trash myself doing it, all in the name of one marathon.  I think I just need to realise I have a good marathon PB, one lots of people can only dream of, and be happy with it!  

Paid someone from the after schoo;l club to take the kids home and put them to bed tonight, as hubby is at a black tie dinner for work - seems to have gone fine, in that they were both sound asleep when I got home.  No doubt M will tell me all in the morning.

05/06/2013 at 20:33

Have a local 10k in Sept + local trail half marathon in Oct so that's this yr 

sorted. 

05/06/2013 at 20:36

I wouldn't risk it Caro, are there not any other marathons 

u could do in a couple of yrs once u know back is sorted?

05/06/2013 at 20:58

Thanks Caro xx

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.