Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,321 to 39,340 of 45,533 messages
05/06/2013 at 21:26

I hope so CC - survived circuits although bit sore at times!

Sophie and Nicky both got their first teeth at about 7mths which I think is about average??  Hopefully she won't lose anymore for another year or so...!

05/06/2013 at 21:31

Just planned my races out for 2014/15/16 

probably not happen but: 

2014 fancy EMF May, local 10k Sept, Antonine half Oct, Glen Ogle 33 Nov 

2015 D33 March, Skye half June, Clydestride 40M July, local 10k Sept, Antonine half Oct 

2016 Really lost the plot + going for 

Hoka highland fling April, localsh dirty 30 June, devil o the highlands Aug, local 10k Sept, Antonine Half Oct 

Would b amazing if could actually do all those races, 

might take til about 2020 in reality but still, should b fun

05/06/2013 at 21:34

Think I'd just rather not run anymore marathons!!  And concentrate on nice little things like 5ks  Actually have asked for a bike for my b day, but have no idea what I want really.  A sporty looking hybrid thing, so I can ride in the forest and on the rd.  Anyone have any ideas?

05/06/2013 at 21:35

Minks, if you're lurking, I just sent you a message on FB as a friend is house hunting and looked at a house in your village today, and was asking about schools.  If you're on FB anytime could you let me know what school Kit goes to - thanks.

05/06/2013 at 21:37

Oh and an old colleague of mine in America had a baby today - Sage Michael.  If someone hadn't put 'It's a girl' I would have had no idea!!  Their son is called West......

05/06/2013 at 21:46

Warning rant alert!!

Arrrggghhhh this horrendous wind is drivin me crazy! No way I could live where you do CC!! It puts me in the worst mood. Not helped by an extra rubbish period (changing back to my old pill next time!), Matilda awake for over an hour in the night (because of said wind) then awake at 6. Also she is driving me insane repeating everything I say 3 times - yesterday it was relentless!! Not done to be annoying but very annoying none the less!!! Was so happy to escape to Book Group!

Off to see my osteo this morning, back no worse and possibly a bit better but will beel better getting it properly looked at and sorted. Bad back now would send me over the egde!

Ive eaten a chocolate bar and a packet of sweets and it 8.46am - looks like a promising day.....

05/06/2013 at 22:07

Hi all,

just popping in to say Congratulations to EF and Congratulations Wow!! to JT!!

Be back properly soon. 

xx

05/06/2013 at 22:30

Thanks chynah!

05/06/2013 at 22:32

Pfft hoggle you are but a novice. I'd have had a scone as well by then! 

05/06/2013 at 23:06

Just had to skim back through about 5 pages to find JTs news - congratulations!! 3 certainly does seem to be a popular number for kids at the moment.

Can't remember who said babies are like pringles but if that's true I've definitely had my fill! Love my 3 girls to bits but definitely couldn't cope with any more - in fact had a slightly worried couple of days last week as I'd completely lost track of where I was in my cycle and started to worry I was pregnant. Was the very first time I'd ever taken a pregnancy test wishing for it to be negative (which thankfully it was). Have now recommenced the vasectomy discussion with hubby but he's still not keen on being "stabbed in the ball sack with a sharp stick" - his words!

Another first for me last week - I've started karate lessons with Issie. I took her for the first time 2 weeks ago and didn't realise at the time that the kids and adults are all taught together in one class. It looked fun so the next time I took her I joined in too. It's a lovely class actually, and is mainly made up of either mums or dads with their kids. I was talking to one mum whose little girl has been doing it since she was 3 and she said it's been great for teaching her little girl about being focused, it's obviously good exercise and she pointed out it could potentially save her life as it's all taught from a self defence basis. So far Issie hasn't been tempted to try any of it out on her sisters which is great but the whole self defence aspect got me thinking that I'd actually quite like the other girls to give it a go too. Anyway, for now I'll just try and keep Issie interested - have told her if she goes for 6 weeks in a row I'll get her the outfit which she desperately wants.

Will have to go back and re-read properly to make sure I haven't missed any other big news, but hope everyone is happy and well. The only other thing that sticks in my mind from the skim read was Lotte's hubby being sent out to buy a bra which made me laugh. My hubby doesn't know where to look or what to say when Lily starts talking about her boobs growing! They're all growing up too quickly these girls ...

06/06/2013 at 01:05

You ladies have really made me laugh today. 

CC's S with 'the willy thing', EF's comment about Hoggle's amateur attempt at being a piggie and Karen's husband's description of the vasectomy. 

Hi Chynah, we've missed you. Come back again soon and say hello properly. 

Max has just successfully managed his first week with no accidents so we have been doing a sticker chart and took him to the shop after nursery today to buy his present. He decided he wanted a medium green bouncy ball. Result!  Just $3, very cheap taste.  OK better go and wrestle him into his pyjamas as he seems to have restarted the episode of Oomizoomi on the iPad. Oops it's bedtime!

06/06/2013 at 12:06

Tt, that is an awesome selection of races. Makes my possible 5 miler in September seem a little underachieving.  Is that just pre mara madness?  Wonder what your list would look like if you were writing it next Monday?  ('never again!?'). 

06/06/2013 at 13:58

Bad me, haven't even thought about carb loading, 

except have bought bagels. 

Have done all my long runs on low calorie electroltye 

drinks but am taking a calorie loaded drink with me, plus leaving one at 10 miles + 18.5miles, plus will carry my hi5 tabs to add to water from 

the drink stops + carry dextrose tabs 

Will eat some bagels over the next few days + 

have sports drink to have before + after race too. 

Plus will have my usual porridge, chia seeds, banana in the 

morn + will take a peanut butter + jam sandwich to eat 

on journey there + one for after. 

There is also free tea/coffee/juice , food + cakes for runners afterwards.

06/06/2013 at 14:01

Will b buzzing with all those calories + sugar mixed with adrenaline

06/06/2013 at 14:23

yikes, I feel  reading that list of energy!! Have you tried the full calorie drink in training at all - it's not one that will upset your tummy or anything is it?

I think keeping hydrated over next few days will be key too - what with the weather turning warm etc. On my runs recently I've realised just how much I've got used to not sweating etc in the colder weather and not needing so much fluid.  Will be packing suncream along with Smidge for Saturday for sure.  Need to think about my food supplies as there is nothing really provided on route. I've only been running with water but with this heat I think some SIS hydration sachets are in order, a couple of gels and a couple of muesli bars perhaps.

Caro - I'd give the marathon a miss altogether then if I were you, if you are really not fussed then why worry? And if you find yourself fixed and fancy one in a couple of years there are plenty of other fantastic ones out there - perhaps you could go and join your sister on one of hers or something?

I have lots of ideas of what I'd like to have a go at, but could never plan them that far ahead, but yes, plenty in there. I guess more like aims - to do more fell/hill racing, would like to do Cateran Trail next year perhaps, and Lakeland 100. Just want to get running round these hills a lot more too - not even as races, just long explorations, perhaps with some overnight bivvys

My car is dying again , it does have nearly 150,000 on the clock but it's such a pain when it does this - logistics of hubby having a car to leave at the airport etc etc. Anyway, it's booked into garage for next Weds and they will let me have a courtesy car in the meantime, and I just need to persuade hubby when he gets back tmrw eve that mine is fine for short journeys so I can nick the airport car to get to my race. Can do it by bus I think but will be a logistical nightmare with after school clubs tmrw too ... sigh ... why is nothing easy!!

oh god, brain gone blank, can't think what else I was to say.

But hope everyone is enjoying sunshine, it's perfect here at the moment - 18 degrees and NO WIND  and not a cloud to be seen.

Edited: 06/06/2013 at 14:24
06/06/2013 at 20:25

was 33degrees in my back garden earlier

06/06/2013 at 20:31

My travel plans have all changed, originally booked this marathon 

bcos running buddy lives half way between it + me, 

so planned to stay overnight at hers. But as I expected, despite me checking 

several times over last few months, she now has other plans 

So now travelling from home, with whole family in tow. 

Fortunately there is a fabulous wildlife Park, Auchingarrich, 

just next to race start, so they will go there for a few hrs while I run. 

But we will have to leave house at 7am on Sunday morn.

06/06/2013 at 20:34

Fingers crossed I have never had tummy trouble no 

matter what I eat or drink. Except often get heartburn 

after a race

06/06/2013 at 20:47

Wow that's an impressive plan for the next few years Tangy! Be careful not to overeat / drink too much on Sat. I also trained on very little and then drank loads, took gels and stuffed sweets in London and ended up in the loo. 

My limit was defo reached with Archie. NEVER AGAIN!! Although technically I have 3 kids, I consider myself a mum of 1 and a different mum of 2 as the gap was so long (16yrs). I don't grow healthy children and it would be unfair to risk another. Might point hubby towards snip although I don't mind my mirena coil and would never trust just the snip after my friend conceived number 5 after her hubby went for one! 

JT - hope you feel better soon, although if it is the dreaded morning sickness it could be weeks yet (which is a good sign but bleugh). 

Did our club 5k last night in 23:19 and back felt ok so may have talked myself back into man v horse mara on Saturday....... ooooooh dilemma!

06/06/2013 at 20:49

xposts tangy- glad you have a iron stomach!! Boo to friend - not really fair of her but nowt you can do! How far is it from home? 

CC - boo to car... crap. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.