Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,361 to 39,380 of 45,629 messages
07/06/2013 at 22:05

Eek Vixo, scary.  am on my second period but it was about a 36 day cycle, wasn't really starting to worry as my body is being very obvious about my cycle and we weren't taking any risks either!  So annoying to have got my hormonal skin back.

good luck TT!

Can't remember anything else!  Time for bed, having three who,like to get up early is certainly a bit tiring!

07/06/2013 at 23:50

Got no idea on the time Vixo, have done a sub 4:30 

training plan, but it really aimed at flat marathon, 

one I am doing is described as challenging with 1500ft of ascent. 

However I have looked at hills on the route + they 

r no worse than hills on my LSR, in fact my LSR is worse 

So just have to go 4 it + see. Will b happy to get under 

5hrs but would b ecstatic to get close to 4:30 

Not confident with the heat but it was just as warm 

at EMF last yr

08/06/2013 at 17:19

Dying to know how CC + Camlo got on with their races

08/06/2013 at 17:24

Started to actually get things organised for tomorrow, 

pack running belt with electroltye tabs, emergency loo roll, £10 for massage after etc, not actually laid out clothes yet. 

But getting that sick butterfly feeling now 

08/06/2013 at 20:43

Good luck tt! And hope cc and camlo got on well today. Man it was baking!!!

ok I know we've had this conversation but I can't be bothered to trail back for it. Getting Lou a new scooter for her birthday. What's the "in" one to have if you're a 6 yr old girl. Shld it have 2 wheels or 3?

ta!!

08/06/2013 at 21:02

Good luck TT!  Waiting to hear match reports from CC and Camlo...

I'd like to know too EF though not getting one yet, I think Sophie will have outgrown hers before long.

Just saw the crazy woman on BGT throwing eggs at Simon Cowell!  Was about to put on a DVD as hubby out with friend but now watching it!

08/06/2013 at 21:10

I am alive but only just!! Race report will have to follow but heat was a KILLER!! Clocked around 24 miles and most of them were totally exposed. Lots of casualties with horse ambulance and human ambulance both utilised. Would have pulled out but nowhere to actually do that so HAD to carry on and I beat a few horses in a time ofaround 5:15. 

No idea of scooter EF - our boys have the basic 2 wheel types handed down from eldest and the neighbours! 

Good Luck TT - what about a hat or at least a hankie type thing you could drape over if necessary? oh and SUNCREAM - I had factor 50 on but there were lots looking like lobsters. 

08/06/2013 at 21:20

I got Martha a Micro Maci but she is currently saying she wants a 2 wheeler.  I've told her to learn to ride her bike first!

Well done Camlo!  Sounds v tough!

08/06/2013 at 21:48

http://www.micro-scooters.co.uk/product/micro-scooter-sprite-blue/

Vixo said Isabelle had one of these, and this is what we're planning on getting M for her b day - she is a whizz on the mini micro and can ride a bike so time for a 2 wheeler.  Although all she says she wants for her b day is  a hula hoop!  

Well done Camlo!

08/06/2013 at 22:01

Thanks folks! 

08/06/2013 at 22:55

Camryn had one of those ones with the two wheels 

at the front that u lean instead of steering, But the wheel 

fell off going round a corner yesterday, she doesn't use it 

much either + it's just over a yr old. 

Went to halfords + got her a two wheel one that folds 

up for £10, she's over the moon with it as it is purple 

+ several other colours.

Plus it's all adjustable so will last a long time

08/06/2013 at 22:58

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=918533&categoryId=165644&langId=-1

09/06/2013 at 09:13
Wow Camlo, that sounds tough. Well done! Oh, and loving the image of TT doing her marathon with a hanky draped over her head!!

Yup, Isabelle has the micro sprite and it's fab. She loves it, and the best bit is that it's good up to 100kg so we can use it too - great fun. E is getting the old mini micro for her birthday, but she's already been using it, and actually scooted all the way to school the other day which was pretty amazing - she doesn't quite look big enough to be on it but is surprisingly proficient.

Hope TT's race is going ok.
09/06/2013 at 11:49

blimming heck Camlo - that sounds TOUGH!! Well done

Back later with a race report for me, but suffice to say it was sweltering on the Scottish West Coast yesterday with very little shelter from the sun, wall-to-wall blue skies, no cloud and a very slight breeze.  Anyways, 30 miles and 1152m of ascent 5 hours and 59 minutes - so delighted to just squeeze in under the 6 hour mark   will be back later but sorting out usual domestic chaos at the mo

Thinking of TT at the moment

09/06/2013 at 14:33

Well done CC and Camlo, both sound tough races in different ways!  Can't believe people were out with no suncream on though Camlo  and hope the horses were ok (and the people but you know what I mean ).

No running this morning for me though I hope to go out later when hubby gets back from playing golf.  Shoulder/neck still tight though so not sure how well I'll be able to run!  Had a nice walk round Ladybower reservoir instead with the kids.  They had fun pottering along but had had enough about half of the way back to the car, so I had to carry Nicky and Sophie sulked along complaining her leg hurt!  Lunch in pub and now boy in bed (he's finally stopped shrieking...) asleep.  Our friend stayed last night so they shared a room and didn't shut up till gone 9pm, then both up at 6.45am!

Nice sunshine here today though cool wind.  Might go and mow the lawn if I can get my butt off the sofa .

09/06/2013 at 16:35

4hrs 49mins 35sec over the moon 

Ran whole race with an ultra runner called Robin, 

I kept the pace up in the 1st half + he kept me going 

in the 2nd half. 

Weather was kind, warm but not too warm, stayed overcast for 

entire race + now scorching in back garden. 

Heading to McDonald's for a pig out now.

09/06/2013 at 19:31

Well done CCCamlo and Tangy! It's about time they called it "Person versus horse", though . Sounds like the weather in Scotland was better than down here. I wore gloves on my run today.

I'm shocked by how much those Mini/Maxi/Micro Scooters cost nowadays, considering what's involved in making them compared with a bike. Someone's coining it in. We'll be sticking to bikes from now on.

09/06/2013 at 19:32

Fantastic TT!  Great to have someone to keep you going too, and yeay to the sun staying behind the clouds till you'd finished 

09/06/2013 at 20:37

Yay CC & Tangy - glad you managed the heat better than me!! Awesome pace CC and fab idea hooking up with another runner TT. 

Gloves RB???? really???? 

Was stiff as a board this morning but having spent the day throwing balls for the boys I have freed up a lot. 

Scooters are overpriced arent they?? I can remember searching the week before Christmas and spending £60 on a basic one for eldest when they first became popular.

hey ho!! 

09/06/2013 at 20:53

Well I was over the moon with Camryn's £10 scooter 

so don't have to b expensive 

She had £30 birthday money left, so got her scooter, a dolls car seat  

+ a picnic basket from Asda that is the same as Dorothy's 

basket in wizard of oz 

she is a huge fan 

Hooking up with Robin today has only fueled my desire to 

get into ultra running. 

So just need to work on my stamina now

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.