Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,701 to 39,720 of 47,592 messages
02/03/2013 at 07:57
Oh I know hoggle. March?! Oh man I have so many cases due in court in the next 12 weeks I could cry and the trouble is that my prep has been pants cos I've felt so awful and my course has taken up so much time too. Had to do 6 days of just sitting in court. Oral exam is 1140 on Sunday. Spent most of yesterday finalising my submissions. We have a 40 min slot but you have to prepare the whole case so the judges can just take you to any part of your submission and say tell me about x. It's proper court of session judges too - two of 'em and they are scary clever. I'm terrified!

I know v little about nannies as just not an option for us. My friends looked at it as they have 4 kids but they got put off among other reasons by advice they got that if the nanny got preg they had maternity rights. Not to say a nanny shouldn't but just that they were just panicked by that notion.

Happy birthday Martha kit and Ellen. Any others? I remember a plethora of births in feb! Hope you've all had fun.

Oh Brookie - freshly squeezed orange juice first thing helps me. I defo have a citrus thing going on and do zero exercise. I find if I exert myself at all I get worse.
02/03/2013 at 07:59
I forgot - anj how's your hubby?
02/03/2013 at 08:39

Also forgot a well done to Ted. 

Just hung my double sided bump pillow out in the sunshine.  it's been in the attic 6 years and is a bit musty smelling to say the least.  I'm already feeling I need the support to lie on my side.  oh help!

Really ought to dig out more maternity stuff as well, living in 3 tops at the moment. Two of which I tend to wear at the same time - top and jumper! 

Gorgeous day here today, wish I could enjoy it properly instead of having exam exam exam going round and round in my head.  And when I push the word exam out, work comes flooding in!  argh!

Need to buy a crib but waiting til after the 20 week scan on 14/3.  Mothercare is a such a swiz though cos they're advertising that the one I want (think most basic, cheapo version) is £59.99 down to £39.99 but in the catalogue it's just £39.99!  Actually I say I need to buy one - really it's either me or my sister - we had one between us before.  But I can guarantee which of us it will end up being.  She's such a tight ass! 

Right better go and get showered - sitting here were hair all done in Elasticiser and a shower hat over it.  Reckoned maybe if I look good the judges won't notice the sh!t I'm spouting! 

02/03/2013 at 09:14
EF - thinking of you.

Standing by rugby pitch freezing arse off! Getting nails done with E after this! Wha a morning

A lot of nannies don't want part time as they tend (generalisation) to be younger girls so want the full time money. Our nanny worked 45 hrs per week as earned about 18k for that. I know a couple of nannies through her and they all want 4 days minimum. Much less than that and if they don't have supplementary work it isn't viable

Obviously if you find a nanny with own child then they may work part time but they would bring their child too. Which brings its own challenges. If money were no object I would def have a nanny over any other childcare option as it was so lovely esp when E was tiny. But it is such an expensive option! Also if you want to pay with childcare vouchers you need a nanny with qualifications and insurance who is prepared to register with your scheme. We ended up paying the registration costs because it was worth our while but it all adds up!

Fingers dropping off!
02/03/2013 at 09:37
Rugby watching then nail painting - exciting Saturday CM. I will admit I cannot wait for you to post pics of this pony extravaganza on Sunday!!!
So I ended up doing a couple of hours work which means I won't feel guilty slicing off to acupuncture on Mon. Busy time at work and I got so behind being off so at least I'm starting to get my head above water! Because I cram FT job into about 30 hrs most weeks I get so behind if I'm away!
02/03/2013 at 09:38
Skiving no slicing!
EF - course sounds GRIM!!! Not surprised you've struggled to concentrate while feeling awful!
02/03/2013 at 10:27
Golly EF. well impressed at you doing all that whilst having morning sickness! Wowzers. Lol to being an afalete RF. And lots of good running going on.

Thx for tips. Agree about eating, but its hard after an eating disorder to be eating all the time. I panic I'm gonna turn into a heifer by 12 wks! Have good weekends all.
02/03/2013 at 16:27

I was a heifer by 12 weeks with both, was fine by the end though

Have just booked my place on the Ride100, what have I done???????

02/03/2013 at 16:41
Woohoo JT!
02/03/2013 at 18:12
Oh if I was closer I would join ya JT!
I'm worried about my 43 miler in May as its all hills and people have said I'm mad to enter (who me??!!!!!!!!!) hahahaha. But did ma second ever road cycle today so wee bit more confident. 25 miles n 1hr 39. Not fast but was pretty undulating with a bit of a wind the last 9 miles! Could have gone further I know. In a few weeks will try a 38 miler.
Blimey EF, that sounds horrible especially since you've been feeling crap. You should be very proud of yourself for managing so far. Good luck for the exam tomorrow. Stay calm x
I craved apple juice when pregnant. Don't drink it normally. Also loved apples.
Brookie- try to eat little n often and think that your growing a wee person in there that you need to nourish. You are normally very slim so the weight will fall of after.
CM- hope you didn't get too traumatised by the nail painting. LOL
02/03/2013 at 18:17
Brookie I can't compare exactly as haven't had eating disorder but I would say that with Louise I was a lot more controlled re eating and terrified of weight gain but this time I am more relaxed because I know I can get the weight off and get back to exercise and it's more important to feel a bit better in the here and now. That's not to say I wouldn't mind doing a bit of exercise soon though! Spent 3.5 hrs in garden today doing pruning and then playing bubbles with Loulou.

Just back from Marks and Sparks. Bought Lou a load of clothes last wkend then mum gave me 20%off voucher for this weekend. So just brazened it out and went and said go and let me return all these and buy them again and she said ok!
02/03/2013 at 18:18
JT - off yer head but well done!
02/03/2013 at 18:39

and well done on the cycle RF - I am far too feardy ever to go on a bike!

02/03/2013 at 18:41

hope you enjoyed the nail painting CM - I love a manicure  - have had about 4 in my whole life!

02/03/2013 at 18:47

It's a shame your not RF!  I get the feeling we're probably much a muchness when I'm properly fit so we'd have probably done well together!

EF   I would have done exactly the same!  And why not?!  Hope you're feeling better soon, why is that the most challenging things seem to turn up when we're pregnant?!

Banana milkshake and pizza were my cravings, oh and I forgot, coupled with chips, sausage and curry sauce!  Would also have eaten chinese every night with Archie!

Trying to sort logistics now I've gone and done the deed.  The race starts from the Olympic stadium (how cool is that?!) and finishes on the Mall, but as it's two days before our holiday, hubby has decided that he probably won't come, so where is a safe place for a single woman with a bike?! I'm looking at the travel lodges and realising I don't have a clue where to go or avoid!  Any advice is warmly welcomed!

02/03/2013 at 19:06

My house  When is it?

02/03/2013 at 20:24
Can't remember having any cravings with Camryn, but that was prob due to extreme sickness followed by heartburn.

With Nat it was macaroni cheese, then opal fruits, then oranges, they were only things I could keep dwn for 1st 16wks. Then it was baked beans, smoked sausage (that was end of being a vegetarian, had never even tasted a smoked sausage til then) + galaxy chocolate.

Oh just remembered I could keep dwn burger king meals with Cam, never eat them any other time either.
02/03/2013 at 21:31
It's the 4th August caro if you're there? It's the height of holiday season but if you are that would be fab! Thank-you!
02/03/2013 at 21:55
I remember hiding in the crowd at Kings Cross station eating Burger King for lunch and hoping my colleagues wouldn't see (sporty Heath types!) when preg with Matilda. Smoked salmon and cream cheese and spent a fortune on out of season strawberries too. Craved that fresh taste and couldn't satisfy it as what I really wanted was a NZ ice lolly called a Fruju - had plenty since being home to make up for it!
02/03/2013 at 23:33
The day we sail to France I'm afraid. Sorry! Otherwise would happily have put you and your bike to bed.

Am a bit tipsy.......should stop trying to type really, as brain and fingers are not connecting!

Night all.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.