Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,801 to 39,820 of 46,382 messages
08/07/2013 at 07:26

hope all goes well Brookie 

08/07/2013 at 07:54

hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go....... bed lush but black outs aren't quite enough so awake from 6 (yes, that's too early for me...)

Hope baby has grown for you Brookie xx

08/07/2013 at 12:00

Hope all is good today at your growth scan Brookie. Please let us know all is ok. Shall be thinking of you today.

08/07/2013 at 12:40
Yes, thinking of you Brookie, and hope it's all ok.

EF - about 10 minutes outside down here today and your little man would be toastie warm and definitely not in need of any jaundice lights. (might have to overlook a bit of sunburn though, so maybe not such a good solution!). Thinking of you too and hoping you're back home soon. Can't remember when Lou's birthday is but hope you make it!
08/07/2013 at 13:47

Hoping everything is ok for you Brookie xx

08/07/2013 at 13:59

Brookie I hope it goes ok. Xx 

08/07/2013 at 15:46

Hope it goes ok too Brookie. And EF, hope your lovely baby boy has warmed up a bit.

08/07/2013 at 16:42

We're out the incubator and now monitoring how he goes. Last temp check 36.7. He has crazy amounts of clothing on! Plus 4 folded blankets now one of which is swaddling so that's 10 layers of blanket! 

08/07/2013 at 17:45

howJohn long will it be until he can regulate his temperature a bit better EF, hope you are doing ok too xx

08/07/2013 at 18:04

Hi all. Thank u all SO much for the kind comments. Scan and appt with consultant went better than I'd ever have hoped for. Saw a different man who was lovely and so matter of fact but so reassuring at the same time. He said my baby was still small "you aren't going to deliver Arnold Scwarzeneggwr") but was growing normally. It is tracking just below the 3rd centile but is fine. He was not worried at all. 

Then he discussed delivery. The consultant I saw last time said he wouldn't advise a cesarean and made me go see more midwives to discuss a natural birth. This consultant was like, no way, unless you are hell bent on a natural birth, c section is the way to go! I said I was happy with that and he booked me in there and then. HUGE weight off my mind! Best do tea for E now. More later. 

08/07/2013 at 20:38

Brookie, that's fab news, so happy to hear it.

((JT)), this little one is really putting you through it too, please let that be the last of it now.

EF - poor little thing must be smothered under all that weight!  What is the reason for his low temperature?  Do they know?  I've never heard of that before.  Hope your room mate is nice and quiet for you tonight.

CM - fab looking cake on FB and sounds as though J had a great birthday.

JT, so nice that the school rewards the ones who don't miss classes.  Hope he has fun.

Was woken at 4:20 last night by Max falling out of bed, we took the side off his bed a couple of weeks ago (was a top bunk from a bunk bed).  I couldn't tell in the night but he had quite a bad graze on his ear which I noticed this morning.  Then shortly afterwards Oscar started fussing for food so I got up to feed him then.  I think he is having a growth spurt as seems to have increased his intake suddenly this last week.

Unfortunately I now have a cricked neck, either from sleeping in Max's bed or on the sofa where I stayed after feeding Os.  I'm sure it'll go in time but is painful at the moment.  Grr.

Still nightmare stress about our plot of land.  Wish we could just get a mortgage to build on it, would make life a lot more straight forward.....

08/07/2013 at 21:16

Jt I hope you're ok. The emotional roller coaster is not fun for you. 

TT it's just his prematurity and size that mean he can't regulate his own temp. He's just puked all over himself, me, my pillow and followed it up with a nasty black poo. Hmm. Need to spk to midwife as they were yellow earlier! 

08/07/2013 at 21:31

Yeay Brookie, that sounds loads better, great to have positive doctors who make you feel better rather than worrying you more!

EF - hope you are out soon once Fraser is a bit more settled - love the name by the way!

TT - Martha had a spell of falling out of bed after we moved house, back to normal now though!

08/07/2013 at 21:32

Awww, poor thing .  Oscar has done some almighty pukes in his time.  Whereas Max was little and often, Oscar was more of a game of Russian roulette!  I'll post a photo on the running mum's FB if I can.  He seems to be over it now though.

08/07/2013 at 21:52

Great news about the scan Brookie!! I can only imagine the worrying you have been doing (I'd be the same!) so its good to have your mind put at ease!

Fingers crossed you are on the road to getting back into the outside world EF!! Such a titchy wee thing must have looked like a tiny dot with all those blankets!!

JT hope this is the last and you can relax a bit. Well done to Ted!!

Busy week here this week and need to make cup cakes for daycare birthday and then again for M's party with friends somewhere in the midst of it all. Still trying to work out logistics of time off after surgery. Most is sorted but a couple of tricky days! Although it will all fall down if daycare can't cover the extra hours I've requested!!

I looked at myself in the mirror last night and my whole upper body is significantly shifted to the right at the moment - I am standing leaning one way with hip pushing out the other way - weird!! Everyone keeps saying how great the surgery will be but I know that it's only going to fix the nerve pain, then I will have to deal with all the back stuff that I can't sort at the moment - so will be great but won't be a magic quick fix!

Really glad to hear you are getting some proper summer weather over there at the moment!! About time a good summer turned up!!

08/07/2013 at 22:44

JT - glad things seem to have settled down again. Yes, pregnancy is totally an emotional roller coaster! Hope work is ok tomorrow for you. EF - Fraser is deeply cute! Hope he continues to grow and keeps toasty warm. E had jaundice too as he was early. 

Higgle - hope you get the daycare sorted for your surgery. Your description of your posture did make me smile tho! I'm sure no one but you notices! 

Ttid - hope the land/house stuff gets sorted soon for you & that max is ok after his bump in the night! 

CM - another fab cake in FB - after RF's too! Am well impressed. And water fights sounded fun! Hope everyone else ok today too and enjoyingather sun! 

08/07/2013 at 23:30

Nat had problems with low temp when she was born 

but was fine after a day or 2, she was a titchy 6lb 7oz at full term tho, so not much body fat

09/07/2013 at 21:17

Fraser is skin and bone at the moment but he had gained 40g since Sunday woo hoo. 

Just gearing up to do my first shot at sterilising and expressing. Wish me luck - it's been a long time. Can I even assemble the breast pump?! 

09/07/2013 at 21:29

Argh turns out box marked breast pump has the electric pump in it but none if the attachments!! 

09/07/2013 at 21:58

Aw bless him. Hope you find the bits and pieces 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.