Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,841 to 39,860 of 46,364 messages
10/07/2013 at 22:05

Oh and EF, fess up-you did know it was a boy didn't you?

10/07/2013 at 22:13

Yeah I knew . We really struggled for names for a boy too as Andy was originally vetoing anything Scottish! 

10/07/2013 at 22:16

Yeah, and you definitely said something at some point that made me think its a boy....and then denied it!

10/07/2013 at 22:18
She knew - she told us she knew ages ago!!

Glad to hear he's doing ok EF, and great to read the story now we know all is ok with you both. So pleased you'll be t home or Lou's birthday too, I think that would have been hard to miss. What does she think of her new little brother? I bet now he's here she's absolutely delighted, despite the y chromosome!

JT - I agree with Caro about the bike - look at the measurements and then give them a call, they're very happy to give advice. I think the sizes are exactly as they say on the website. Depending on how tall ted is you might be good with a cnoc 16. Isabelle must be just over 120cm and she can happily ride her Beinn 20 small now, and looks very big on her cnoc 14 if that helps at all! I don't think they're particularly any heavier than any other bikes size for size.
10/07/2013 at 22:19
X post! Love the name too, I am very fond of both the Fraser's we know.
10/07/2013 at 22:47

Eek to the blood loss EF, how are you feeling now?  Good to be home, hope the feeding is going well, let me know if you want the pump xx

we have the smallest Isla and next one up, I measured then rang, they advised going for the smaller one while they are learning to ride As they were both borderline on the measurements.  Martha is loving it now, she bombs around the garden all the time and complained this weekend that we hadn't had time to go to Brooklands where there is a huge old runway they can ride around.

10/07/2013 at 22:47

fab effort EF. and FYI it was quorn cottage pie I think that night. definitely quorn something - you posted on RW on FB about it. and then you said you went and bought food from the café and we all had a good chortle about that. and about 2 hours later Fraser was here.

so happy for you guys - I think he probably is THE thread baby. after the years of trying and heartache and everything else you went through - I reckon we are all just so happy he's here. we could at least have given him a middle name

one of each is great - although my two hate each other, but yours are spaced further apart so may not!

10/07/2013 at 23:12

Ah yes the quorn cottage pie which had no flipping quorn in it. Shudders

well got 30mls which is not bad a start as had to take from boob he just drained at 9.30! Left boob is still useless. He drained that at 7pm and there's still nowt there.  Andy's going to try him with this at 1230 feed and I'll top up if needed. 

Lol to giving fraser his middle name. We pondered using grandparents but my dad is lumbered with Kenneth boyne (oh yes!) Simpson for forenames and andy's dad was Terence Harvey. I said I'd rather just use andy's middle name since Louise has Elizabeth the same as me! 

11/07/2013 at 00:06

Eeeee just text my friend to arrange catching up this afternoon and she's in labour! So exciting 1.5 weeks early too!

11/07/2013 at 00:10

Well said CM!! Definitely Fraser is definitely THE thread baby!! What's Andy's middle name? I can see why you aren't keen on the other options!!

11/07/2013 at 01:47

EF, awesome race report. I agree totally about the torture of the inflating and deflating leg massagers. They drove me nuts. Never had the itchiness but I had huge uncontrollable shakes after both my sections. 

Wow what a traumatic night for you both. Andy must have been beside himself when you had to put the phone down. Hope the little fella stays warm and you get to keep him at home from here on. 

Hoggle, exciting about your friend. Hopefully some good news before the day/night is out.

11/07/2013 at 18:22
Isabelle has the bizarrely named deuter schmusebar. It's a good size for her - can fit her swimming things in, or a picnic and change of clothes, and has straps the right size.
11/07/2013 at 18:29

That's such a cool name Vixo, I had to look it up!  Love the essential teddy bear pocket!

Max decided that his teddy bear wanted to go into Oscar's bouncer yesterday.  Was very sweet, he managed to get teddy's big fat feet and legs through the leg holes but unfortunately they were too short to reach the ground

11/07/2013 at 20:20

Isabel Rose arrived yesterday do she shares Matilda's birthday which is cool! Sounds liLe it was a very straight forward home birth. Can't wait to meet her!! My mad friend is planning on coming to M's party tomorrow so will get some cuddles then.

11/07/2013 at 20:35

Wow, that's hard core Hoggle!  I thought I was mad going out to dinner with O and Max and Mr TT the night I came out of hospital but he was a whole 3 days old by then!

11/07/2013 at 20:37

Matilda has this one http://www.vaude.com/en-GB/Products/Kids/Ayla-6-red-mandarine-print.html

complete with doggy and it is great.  Good for making her carry her own stuff about the place!

11/07/2013 at 21:55

Woo hoo 120ml expressed daddy's turn to do the 1045 feed tonight. Just need to hope Fraser takes it! 

11/07/2013 at 22:25

How old is Ted JT?  And how big?  M used hers the other day and packed clothes, snacks and water bottle in it no probs.  she's had it 2 yrs I think, and it will do another 2 I'd say but it's not what I'd describe as big.  If you can wait till the wk end I can take a pic with it on her back for proportions.

fraser.....if you know what's good for you you'll drink the milk from daddy!

11/07/2013 at 22:28

ef - wow well done you. i'm sure he will take it. it's usually later (8-10+ weeks) they become bottle refuseniks!!

11/07/2013 at 22:50

40mls scoffed already 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.