Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,841 to 39,860 of 42,849 messages
11/05/2014 at 22:24

Really well done CC!  It's so satisfying beating people.  Well done too tatty-nice medal 

nice curry, now bed time, and its Monday again, how did that happen?

11/05/2014 at 22:57
Woohoo fabulous racing going on girls!

Caro - like CC says just take it as it comes and don't b worrying about not being worried. Can imagine it is weird when you don't feel ill.

TT- seriously did laugh out loud at the stabbing with a dirty fork

It is quite cathartic just writing dwn their irritating traits, makes u realise just how silly they r and that they aren't really worth getting urself all het up about and simmering with resentment. It is exasperating but life is much easier and happier if can learn to laugh them off.
PG3
12/05/2014 at 05:40

Great racing everyone. 

TT - love the list. My husband does many of those things too. I imagine he would have an equally long list for me! One thing I don't get though, how can you live somewhere for 12 years and still not know what goes in the recycling, especially when each recycling bag prints the instructions on the side! Arghh

Second day in a row that I am the first one up. Baby slept 8-6.45 yesterday. Still sleeping now. Still won't take a dream feed but maybe he just doesn't need one? He is HUGE! I am hoping no 2 also has my husbands sleeping genes. I am not great, but he can sleep for england. 

Happy Monday everyone. Going to make an effort to get those scales to move this week. I had a goal for my holiday and its two weeks on Friday and still have three kilos to go...

12/05/2014 at 07:37

Great racing Cragchick. I'm not surprised that you're happy with that. 

I'm glad you enjoyed your evening out Caro. 

Congratulations on your pregnancy Hoggle. Who else is expecting again then? I'm definitely sticking with 2, it feels nice and balanced and neither of them are in nappies anymore, Billy never used the buggy anymore either so we've definitely moved onto a new chapter; it's a good place to be!

TT, you were virtually on my doorstep if you went to Cirencester, how rude of you not to call me! Are you still in this neck of the woods? How long are you in the UK for?

12/05/2014 at 08:17

Sticking to 2 here too. 

Irritating hubby habit from this morning - piling all Fraser's garish plastic toys on top of the empty toy box then complained that our house is a tip. 

Edited: 12/05/2014 at 08:18
12/05/2014 at 08:26
Oh yes on odd occasion hubby picks up a toy he just chucks it in any toy box, but we have different boxes for different things and I then have to tidy every one out to find all the bits of each toy aarrgghh
12/05/2014 at 08:31

annoying hubby traits - well you know how annoyed i got with mine. he did all of those things and more. i couldn't stand it!! i am incredibly impatient and intolerant though. N is brilliant in comparison but i still get annoyed when he doesn't do things the way i want them done. that's another reason why i will never let him move in. i just want things 'my' way and hate other people around really (except the kids - i love having them around obviously even though they make FAR more mess!!)

ESTYN inspection at school today: they have been terrifying the kids because J was worrying about not being good enough at school this week. i don't think that can be right...

fab running from you guys. sod all here this weekend, except for 5 miles when the kids were at art class on saturday afternoon. may get one in today - work permitting.

12/05/2014 at 13:44

Now ladies I would have to say 6 is the perfect number!! For a life of chaos and financial ruin.

My hubby has many annoying traits but it doesn't seem to get me too riled anymore. I think I have just accepted that he isn't going to change now. It will be our 16th anniversary on Friday, you would do less time for murder

Love how chuffed CC sounds and no wonder. You are flying girl! Well done to TB too.

Lovely to hear from PP and Anj.

Nice weekend. We decided to take the caravan a whole 4 miles up the road and stay overnight in our friends garden!! Haha. They just got a new caravan so we were all going to go somewhere but in the end the closest site was full and we were too late to go further afield. It was such a good laugh and we drank lots of wine and then got up and had a lovely walk next morning to blow the cobwebs away before heading home in the afternoon.

12/05/2014 at 22:18

Boo to being fed up ladies, annoying habits, useless hubbies, insulting parents and inspections at school

YIPPEE to sunshine, fab racing from everyone (including those braving the black stuff CC), kids enjoying yomping and holidays. 

Love the baby talk but i too am done with no desire to darken the maternity ward ever again! 

Did a 10 mile by myself yesterday and had to force it a bit as felt knackered but happy with 90 mins and got to bed ok but woke today with awful back ache. Have popped some paracetamol and hope it goes. 

Archie had a trophy for most improved football player tonight but Tom got sick of the crowing so told him bluntly it wasnt because he is the best player it was because he was crappest to start with. 

12/05/2014 at 22:45

Ahhh useless hubbies!! Well mine doesn't do a lot of the things tt mentioned re. kitchen mess - he's the opposite in the kitchen and nags me about my messes all the time instead!!! I suspect his list of complaints would be long!! He's pretty tidy all round, not to say he doesn't drive me CRAZY at times - shovelling all M's toys into a pile if they are lying around or just dumping everything on a general toy basket instead of actually outing things away is a classic!

Hope your sore back improves Camlo and I laughed at Tom!!

When do you start the new job CM?

First midwife appointment went well yesterday. 12 week scan in 2 weeks.

12/05/2014 at 23:15

Bragging has stopped now but he is sleeping with the trophy!

Glad the midwife appt went well Hoggle, you should get some zing back soon. 

No moaning about my hubby, he cooks, builds me fab extensions, comes away with us on adventure hols or anywhere else I choose, looks after the kids and has fab parents! Only bugbear I have is he is a messy cook, he wears bobbly socks and leaves black fluff everywhere and he gets obsessed with game of war/ civilisation/ candy crush or whatever is the current fad (until i throw a strop and he sells his account....). He is in Birm tonight as booked in 8am at QE for biopsy, have the bed to myself and it feels HUGE! 

12/05/2014 at 23:38

Hope all goes well with biopsy Camlo - glad he managed to get in earlier in Birm than your other option!

13/05/2014 at 09:39

well done archie! hope hubby's appt goes well

N doesn't really have any annoying habiits as such - i just get annoyed by everything because i am intolerant. he sniffs, snores and takes a glass of lemonade up to bed at night. who takes lemonade to bed??? if there isn't any lemonade, he takes squash. i don't know why it annoys me, but it does.

new job starts on 29 may. am already stressing because my car service isn't due yet for another 3000+ miles so it won't be due until after i start my new job but i can't do it now because it's too soon. the dealership in cardiff is awful (i bought my first ford from there and they ripped me off with stuff) so i won't use them, and i'm now stressing about how i will get my car serviced at the one in newport and still manage to get to work. N's suggestion of dropping the car off, getting a cab to the station, getting a train to cardiff, walking (is 1.25 miles) to the office and then repeating on the way back makes me panic. argh!! car is still under warranty so have to have it dealership serviced (plus newport dealer is fab fab fab and is reason why i bought another ford). why do i stress about such things???

13/05/2014 at 10:58

Can they service it on a saturday? 

13/05/2014 at 15:04
No they don't do Saturdays. I just need to get a grip. It isn't the end of the world! Other people have cars too lol
13/05/2014 at 18:09
It's our 8 th anniversary today! We both forgot! I only remembered when my mum sent a card!
Hi PP, I am in your neck of the woods now, moved to Ross a few weeks ago.

JT, also didn't broadcast third baby, also felt like I couldn't complain about feeling crap for 9 months as I knew what to expect and having a third felt like a bit of a luxury in an odd way!?!
13/05/2014 at 20:04

Happy anniversary Kinsey!  Love that you both forgot. 

Just got 2 VERY tired boys into bed. They were very trying tonight but I suspect more to do with us being tired than anything else. We were out late (for us!) last night and not sleeping brilliantly so are getting more and more tired as this trip goes on. 

Camlo, hope biopsy brings good results. Well done to Archie, lol to his brother's taunting. 

Someone upstairs does not sound asleep......better go. 

13/05/2014 at 22:01

Deep breaths CM!! These things always work themselves out. Don't waste energy stressing about it.

Hubby at home annoying me today!!

Caro how are you doing? Do you have another appointment this week or am I getting confused?

13/05/2014 at 22:43
Happy anniversary Kinsey.

Hope hubby got on ok Camlo fingers crossed
13/05/2014 at 22:45

A 3rd would feel like a penance to me, not a luxury!

hi Hoggle, yes tomorrow to get the results of the MRI and presumeably be told what kind of surgery I'll be having and then whether I will have radiotherapy or not.  Then going for piss up with friends, think we've got about 8 or 9 of us going.  One friend cancelled her driving lesson for the following day so I think she's expecting perhaps not to feel so good!

ran again today, now going to have a few days off.  

Happy anniversary Kinsey.  I am way too anal, I would never forget, or let hubby!  He'll know when dementia has arrived when I forget something like that 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.