Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,941 to 39,960 of 43,660 messages
19/05/2014 at 22:35

Wow, must be something with runners. I had a message yest from a girl in our club who had succumbed to prolonged chasing from another  (married) member. Sh*t hit the fan and she is now devastated as he is standing by wife (but still sending streams of smutty texts). I feel so sorry for her (and his wife). He had the gall to turn up for a local race on Sunday as if nothing had happened - if i had been such a tw*t i would have hung my head in shame. 

Anyhoo - said race was tough in the heat. i chose to do the 5m instead of 10m because of it and was 2nd overall, 1st lady but because the field was only small they gave all prizes to the 10m race. Not even a clap - i was gutted! 

Caro - cleaners are worth their weight in gold! Good for you. Hope pre-op and biopsy results are ok. 

CM - Glad you enjoyed sunshine for a change and got a run in too. 

Fab efforts CC, MM and RF and good luck for the swim Pip. 

Took hubbys stitches out earlier, good job i am a nurse as he laid out scissors, a stanley knife and a hacksaw for me to choose from! 

19/05/2014 at 22:52
Lol to the hack saw, the Stanley knife sounds perfectly reasonable ( but my Dad's a joiner, they perform lots of self treatment with Stanley knife)

Boo to no prize for ur fab running

And OMG people r seriously bonkers with all the bed hopping, don't know how they can b bothered. Boring family life is stressful enough without all that palaver.
19/05/2014 at 22:55
Woohoo to the cleaner Caro, sounds like a very good idea. My best friend would have bn divorced a long time ago without a cleaner. Both her and hubby have stressful jobs and long hrs and 3 children so cleaner was a God send.
20/05/2014 at 07:07
Goodness me does sound like Eastenders CC!
Caro my sympathies are with you re. Eric! Not what you need. Hope your appointment doesn't require too much waiting.

Well I foolishly thought my morning sickness was improving - managed 2 days of my work trip ok then had to sneak out of training twice to be sick and leap out of the car when we arrived to throw up in a rubbish bin - VERY PUBLIC place to puke! Feeling awful now trying to eat something while waiting for my flight.

Hubby on the other hand has had a great few days and they are currently staying in a hut on the mountain tonight - just over an hour walk for adults too 3 but apparently she was awesome considering it's mostly uphill!! Wish I was with them!!
20/05/2014 at 08:22
Yuck to morning sickness.

CC- sounds like typical country life to me lol. My friend lives in small village nr Dunblane and the gossip is much the same. She had cousins who were step siblings in her school as one sister had had an affair with her sisters husband and was now married to him. Nuts! Sure it goes on just as much in towns and cities we just don't know about it the same.
20/05/2014 at 09:29

i'm sure it goes on everywhere; it's just harder to hide in smaller places. plus maybe not as much diversion and people tend to know everyone else and their business! but wow - nothing like gossip and scandal eh? stay well clear of that man tho, cc. he's certainly not worth wrecking anything for by the sounds of it...

so i finally got an xbox, having sold loads of the kids toys and stuff (including all J's moshi monsters - he had 100s!) on gumtree / ebay to fund it. J has been desperate for minecraft for ages. i have cancelled sky subscription also so i thought it was a way of softening the blow for him (since he was addicted to reruns of superhero cartoons!). i have never known J and E play in the same space together on something for 40 mins before with no squealing. don't suppose it will last but it was a revelation. even though i have NO clue at all about minecraft or what you are supposed to be doing!!

PG3
20/05/2014 at 10:21

CC - I followed the Eastenders type scenario.  The woman sounds like she needs to get a grip and some of her behaviour is probably guilt.  Just keep running and not crossing any lines and people can gossip all they want but there isnt anything to talk about really.  Bedhopping etc happens everywhere.  My step mum has been married 5 times (my Dad is the 5th), this list includes a wife swap.  My grandparents were divorced, great Uncle, parents, my only uncle, my sister.  I swear to god, marriage doesnt last long in my family!!

Caro - defo yes to the cleaner.  You have more than enough on your plate and to come home to a clean and tidy house is something you deserve.  Sorry about terrible 2s.  No fun at all.

Hoggle - rubbish about the sickness.  It's miserable and i hope it passes soon.

Camlo - boo to no prizes.  You cant do any better than first!

Enjoying a day with only my baby today as my daughter is in nursery.  Phew.  My house is a tip and I have a long list of jobs to do, that list doesnt include posting on here!!  Guess i should get on with it.  Holiday a week on Friday  It looks like a total chav hangout (it was cheap) but  it has a kids club and thats good enough for me!

20/05/2014 at 13:20
Ooh controversial CC, either I am not in the loop for any gossip but I havn't heard of any of that malarkey going on much (although a couple of examples did just spring to mind!). I would just carry on as you are but to a shame your friend has made you feel awkward about it.

Caro, think I will put off taking the sides off B's bed for as long as possible! Too stressful!
20/05/2014 at 14:53

wow Pip that is quite impressive with remarriage / divorce in your family. i am the black sheep on here... only one divorced (although i think a couple of others have been divorced but not while their kids were wee like mine)

camlo - yes that is rubbish re no prize. you are flying at the moment. well done you

i did paltry 3m earlier. am trying to keep it light touch at the moment with a view to making sure it is sustainable for when i start my new full-time job and also i don't break myself which is what usually happens! i managed an 8.30 mile on the flat, which nearly finished me off tho. i am v unfit!!

3 days left. 3 days left. woohoo woohoo. 3 days left!

20/05/2014 at 19:47

Boo to the crumpled bike RF!!  I tell you the way my head is at the moment I am sure I'll lose one of my children or something soon.

So another afternoon in the delights of Whipps X hosp.  I tell you, I go into that place feeling perfectly fine and happy, and within minutes the life slowly gets sucked out of you, so by the end you are a quivering wreck with a spinning head who is incoherently dribbling.  

Nothing actually went wrong today, everyone was lovely, the Dr I saw looked about 12, the medical student with her was older than she was.  Everyone in the place apart from the dr made me feel very young.   - which has mixed blessings.  I just look at the other patients and think how come I am here in the same place as you when you're 70 and I'm 36?  Had wt, height, BP etc checked, a million and one questions to answer, incl am I a Jehovah's witness.  Wt has dropped even more, only 46.3kg now, I really am trying to force food into me.  Mother is going to freak when she sees me.  Then had to go and have bloods done, had to wait for ages.  

So now I have to go back tomorrow to see the consultant, then Tues to have more bloods done that cant be done more than 7 days pre op, then Thurs to have the radioactive material and blue dye injected into me, then Fri for my op.  And I discovered on the day of my op I dont even get a bed!!  I have to arrive at 7 am and wait in a chair all flipping day till its my turn, in a room with everyone else!  They told me the young, fit and healthy get done last........great.  

So now I am going to pilates and I am going to try and relax.

Tomorrow I have no kids all day and I am going to go for a run, then a friend of mine is moving to Devon and she is having a Cream Tea and Coffee morning at her church as a goodbye thing, so I am going to eat my own body weight in cream! 

20/05/2014 at 20:18

Oh flip Caro, you are so light. My goodness girl get lots of that cream tea into you.

hope Pilates relaxes you a bit. Today sounded very tiring but glad you know the plan. So is that next week your op? Glad your getting a day to yourself tomorrow, make sure you chill n enjoy it as much as you are able to. Hope E behaves himself. Monkey.

goodness yes Cc that all sounds very soap opera like. Silly woman really, so much for being your friend, charming eh. You have done nothing wrong so why shouldn't you run with him if you want to. Mind you he sounds a right womaniser so be careful.

i don't know of any of those kinda things up here but no doubt it goes on!

wowCM not long now, best of luck for your new job.

Hoggle- feel for you with the sickness, not nice

Camlo- well done on the run, doing fab. Boo to the no prize, very unfair methinks.

Pip- hope u got some housework done!!!!!

Caro- yes good job on the cleaner for sure. You don't need to be thinking about cleaning at the moment.

CC- yeah funny to think I was the other side of the Cromarty firth from you! Was a glorious day. Actually pretty hot cycling! 3hrs 50 mins of cycling, 58 miles. My goodness I am so tired now!!! So yes u seen my bike dilemma on FB, silly fool!

20/05/2014 at 21:02

oh Caro, that sounds terrible - what you all sit around and compare what you're having done?  Get thee a kindle and a ton of decent literature on it.  I always revert to kids' books in times of stress.  Harry Potter, Anne of Green Gables etc.  You are so awfully light as well.  Scoff as much cream as you can.  Is the weight loss directly attributable to the cancer?  In that does it cause weight loss or is it more a case of the worry causing you not to eat so much?

CC that's all just mental and your "friend" needs to get a grip.

Hoggle, I hope that sickness moves on soon!

RF - gutting about the bike.  Fingers crossed it's fixable.

CM well done for the 8.30 mile.  I'm doing well if I average out at 9.15 these days.  Over 5 miles.  Pah.  As for Mimecast or was it Minecast?  I have no idea what that is.

Pip I hope you achieved something -  like sitting on your bum relaxing! that's an achievement in my book.

Camlo - well done in race and boo hiss to no prizes.

Lotte - are you ok?  come in Lotte, calling Lotte...

And MM - you too how are you?  Your run at the weekend looked awesome.

On the 7am flight to Brum tomorrow.  Then the 6.15 train home because it was too expensive to fly both ways Get to Waverley 10.20pm. 

Saga continues re MIL - she wants to go to a home she says.  The one her mother was in.  In Stoke on Trent.  FFS.

20/05/2014 at 21:08

Caro - yes on the cleaner. Both my friends had one whilst undergoing treatment and say it was the best decision ever. One friend paid hers extra to do the ironing as well - bliss!

CC - blooming heck thats a saga and a half.  I can never understand where people find the time or energy to have such tangled personal lives!!  And I do detest these people who try to turn their behaviour around to make you feel whats happened is somehow all your fault - they are not worth the time and effort.  She's obviously too afraid to say anything directly to Mr Good-Looking but seems to think its fine to say it to you. Grrr.  I would just keep running with him, it clearly riles her which I would take great satisfaction from ha ha! 

RF, well done on bike ride, not so much so the wee 'agreement; with the carport!

Camio - well done on the win. Agree no prize and no applause is rubbish so I've just done wee round of applause sitting her on my sofa in honour of your win!

20/05/2014 at 21:08

Somehow managed to post this twice, Macbook gremlins at work!

Edited: 20/05/2014 at 21:10
20/05/2014 at 21:11

caro - yes that is light. well, if your mum is so worried, she can come and cook you meals and feed you up, huh? don't worry about what she says - seriously. least of your problems!

RF - what was hubby's reaction to bike thing? i can imagine that utterly sickening sound of it crashing into the car port too. oh god - poor thing

as for cleaners - i have had many and they have all been rubbish. so hope yours ends up being ok caro! i have ended up more annoyed by the poor jobs they have done on my house that i have always just canned them in the end! can't justify or really afford one any longer, so not currently a problem for me!

20/05/2014 at 21:19

Hmm - think gremlins might be with RW site. Can't edit tonights posts now and first one is full of typos which are annoying my inner grammar pedant

20/05/2014 at 21:54
I really miss my cleaner she was actually pretty good at cleaning and an excellent gossip!

Hope lots of cream scones help Caro. I get stuck into the Georgette Heyers when I need a mood enhancement. Not to everyone's taste though!
20/05/2014 at 22:17

Have been told not to bring anything valuable with me, so will go to the library rather than take my nook.  But I am bringing my ipod, I will need to block out the world around me.

Thanks guys.  Just having a down moment this evening.  

21/05/2014 at 05:45

16 mins door to door house to airport MR. No way I'm missing flight. Darn. 

21/05/2014 at 05:53

And thru security 8 mins later!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.