Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

40,001 to 40,020 of 45,519 messages
21/07/2013 at 20:42
Brookie - the Phil & Teds 'me too'. I think it's been one of our most successful child-related purchases. I can't remember how old your E is, but isabelle used ours for ages, and I'm not in a hurry to move our E out, although it will probably be earlier than with Isabelle so we can get rid of the highchair which O is in. I scrub ours in the sink from time to time with washing up liquid and it looks like new after 4 years of constant use. The other seat we have is an ikea one which Isabelle sits on and is always extremely popular with visiting children and is the right height for small people. I think they've stopped making the one we've got! But it's similar to these
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/departments/childrens_ikea/18733/
21/07/2013 at 21:19

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10099897/

We have an ikea junior chair, not this one but similar and it is great.  But also when M was old enough we took the tray off the high chair and then just puched it close to the table for meal times.

21/07/2013 at 21:21

M had a super b day party and I think I even managed to enjoy it too.  12 little people, some from school, some not from school and I think it worked well, everyone seemed to have fun.  Can't believe she's nearly 5 though!

Went for a run this evening, first time I've done 2 days in a row in at least a yr I would guess, and (touching lots of wood!) I feel fine and nothing hurts!!  Amazing.  Means I've run 4 x this wk and a total of over 12 miles.

21/07/2013 at 21:41

Thanks for the tip guys. I shall investigate junior chairs and booster seats then & get one or other. Fed up of having high chair confrontations! 

So how long before the park runs again then Caro?! Loved M's cake BTW. V Impressive! Party looked fun too. 

21/07/2013 at 21:56

I wish wish wish we had Ikea here!!! That junior chair would be perfect for M! She sits on a stool we have (lid lifts up) because although she's ok on the normal chair size-wise she just mucks around WAY too much!! Too much freedom!

Good weekend here despite hubby working all weekend. On Saturday we went to the free zoo then did a big bush walk followed by a fab long sleep!! A lie-in on Sunday was frustratingly interrupted by an earthquake. Only mild up here but pretty scary for my sister near Wellington. Yesterday we went to a friends house who has a small farm so kids got to chase sheep etc.

Lots of work to get done this week as operation next week - eeeek! Getting pretty nervous now!

Hope the sunny weather is continuing. Sounds like CM is having plenty for her camping!

22/07/2013 at 17:18

Where r u Hoggle? My friend in Picton mentioned that they had had an earthquake, eeeeeek scary stuff.

not really read back, on our hols so thought betta not have face stuck n iPad too often!!! Also not much exercise being done which is terrible!!!! Feel like a big fat splodge from eating too much junk!

in Aviemore & the weather so far has just been so amazing, it's fab here anyway but in the sun it is awesome!

anyway betta go

22/07/2013 at 21:29

I'm in New Plymouth RF so quite a way away luckily! Blimey if they were in Picton it would have been pretty big!! Bigger earthquake than the Christchurch one so luckily it was not as shallow or close to Wellington as that was because it would have been devastating. We get earthquakes in NZ, its just a fact of life but since the Christchurch quake we are all a lot more wary as we know what can happen.

I see there is a new future king now. My friend who's baby came early is pleased her baby didn't arrive on its due date now!

22/07/2013 at 22:21

I wanted it to be born tomorrow, on M's birthday 

23/07/2013 at 00:47

I wanted a girl, so we could have another Queen

23/07/2013 at 12:47

I wanted a girl too - after all the palava of changing the rules!

Slept so so badly last night, heat, back pain, thinder, lightning, rain.  Today it is vile, so so stifling and sticky, no breeze, can barely breathe in my house.  

23/07/2013 at 13:29

I know, bet now they've changed the rules there won't b 

another queen for hundreds of yrs lol

23/07/2013 at 13:43

I thought it was slightly ironic that it was a boy after all the fuss about changing the rules!

Just thought I would 'consult the oracle' of our wealth of knowledge.  Benedict has had a go at eating bird poo in the garden - should I be worried??  He is my most feral child so far, he had just had lunch so he wasn't hungry - horrid boy!

23/07/2013 at 14:06

Dogs eat it all the time and they're ok........

23/07/2013 at 15:03

Think u just have to watch for symptoms such as vomiting 

fever, etc. Bird poo can have harmful bacteria in it 

that is communicable to humans, but it is likely it won't 

do him any harm. Yuck!

23/07/2013 at 16:36

E ate a blackberry out of bird poo once and she was fine. Yuck tho. 

Fab few days away. Back now to maggots in my food waste bin and bleached my nice purple top in the process of sorting it out. Sob. 

23/07/2013 at 19:46

yippee to having a new royal baby!!

Boo to earthquakes, preparing for surgery, feral children, heatwave and maggots. Don't think eating poo will hurt but hopefully he won't make a habit of it, 

Not brill here with the stupid black cloud hovering so forced myself to go to club and had a giggle doing reps and trying to out sprint the pensioners! 

Hope our wee scot has warmed up now EF! 

23/07/2013 at 19:48

meant to ask where you were Brookie. I have a booster which we don't use anymore (in fact I think there may even be an ikea high chair in the attic too) which you would be welcome to. 

23/07/2013 at 22:13

London I think camlo......maybe you could throw it at her next time you do the marathon

we had maggots in our outside bin due to nappies......one thing I really don't miss from working in a pet shop vets - rabbits covered in maggots.

23/07/2013 at 22:20

Ah well, he seems fine!  Not sure why he likes to eat garden muck so much!

23/07/2013 at 23:12

Bleugh to the maggots. I now know why I'm steadfastly refusing to partake in the food recycling! I do everything else! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.