Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

40,041 to 40,060 of 43,675 messages
29/05/2014 at 20:59
Good luck tomorrow Caro,will be thinking of you xx
29/05/2014 at 21:47

Thinking about u for tomorrow Caro, take care ((((()))))

hope today went well CM.

Yikes Kinsey that sounds a lot of veg to sort out but will be fab eh!!

26 mile road cycle this morning & 3 mile power walk tonight. Have put on weight, really need to stop eating so much.

Camlo    pirate
29/05/2014 at 22:53

Good luck caro, hope you are treated with kindness and care. Will you be home tomorrow or staying in? 

CM saw your post about caffeine withdrawal. Hope you have sourced milk or bought some coffee mate for emergency cups! 

tired out as only getting a few hours sleep and still cramming all i can into my days. raced 5k last night and think i was 5th or 6th lady. Had to do an evening work visit tonight and got back to find hubby had cooked the sweet and sour for tea but they ate it without rice/ pasta so hardly any left for me again....... Grrrrr. 

29/05/2014 at 23:28

Caro, just wanted to add my best wishes for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you xxx

Camlo, good running again. Grr to no food left and hope you are not overdoing it again and manage to get some rest and decent sleep soon. 

Kinsey, your fruit and veg garden sounds amazing. You're going to need a big freezer!

29/05/2014 at 23:47

Caro, hope tomorrow goes well and you are taken early. (())

30/05/2014 at 00:56

Good luck Caro - thinking of you lots!

I had my 12 week scan yesterday and all went well. Only one in there (phew!) and all measurements seemed within normal ranges. She told me my bladder was too full (I didn't even drink all I was told too) and asked me to empty half of it - errrmm that's tricky when you're busting!

Anyway glad to see that there's actually a baby in there and can relax a little more hopefully (have to wait a few days for results).

Now off to Taupo for the weekend - long weekend here yay!

Kinsey your garden sounds amazing!! I am v jealous - my garden is shameful at the moment - total weed mess - just haven't had the energy or inclination!

Camlo I would have been cross re. food too!!

PG3
30/05/2014 at 03:57

Hello

Off on holiday in a minute.  I wanted to post yesterday but i spent the entire day packing.  A bit of a shock to me how much planning it takes with 2, i am sure i dont need to tell you guys.  Anyway i wanted to wish Caro good luck.  I really hope it goes well.

30/05/2014 at 05:33

Thanks all.  Didn't sleep well - have sore throat.  Boo.  Nice time to catch a cold.  Have just downed 2 glasses of water, and now it's post 5.30 so I'm not allowed anything else..........

Fab news Hoggle (but I was kind of hoping for 2 )

Have a super holiday Pip.

Don't know when I'll be home, but you know me, I'll be so bored within 5 mins you wont keep me away from here and FB

30/05/2014 at 10:05

Good luck Caro, keeping everything crossed for you that it all goes smoothly.

I have entered the Brighton Marathon 2015.  As soon as entries open I will also sign up for the Royal Parks Ultra 2015.  And my plan is to use both of these events to fundraise for Breast Cancer Care (or the breast cancer charity of Caro's choice) in honour of brave, strong and determined women everywhere.

30/05/2014 at 17:02

Good for you minks. That's a really lovely thing to do. X

Camlo    pirate
30/05/2014 at 17:05

Hope you are OK caro

bad day for me as my beloved nanny died last night. as you know it was very expected but still gutted. 

30/05/2014 at 17:46

Oh camlo it's still sad even when it's expected. Huge hugs. 

30/05/2014 at 18:25

Sorry Camlo, still awfully sad.  Take some time to spend with your family and some hugs from all of us.

Minks, great idea.  Have you just snuck in your first ultra under the radar there??

30/05/2014 at 21:53
Sorry to hear your news Camlo, hope you are all ok xx

Caro hope you are all right too and that it went ok xx
30/05/2014 at 21:54

((Camlo)) So sad to hear. Even if it was expected, it is still tough to lose someone you love

Minks, that is a wonderful idea. I will of course sponsor you So pleased to see on FB that Caro is home now.

only one more day as a single parent, hooray! Ben is back first thing on Sunday. Had a really good chat yesterday and have sorted out for him to be at home a lot more just while I am back at work. Can't believe it is on Tuesday that I go back. Still, it isn't for long - that is what I keep telling myself. G has been fine on her nursery visits but I will be interested to see if she takes a bottle for them - she won't for us! She will drink water out of a beaker though (and did so for them yesterday) so hopefully she will have the EBM. If not then she will be thirsty when I fetch her!

Kinsey, the garden sounds great. I am very jealous! We had a lovely raised vegetable growing bed that we made out of old railway sleepers at our old house and we grew all sorts of things. So nice to eat something you have grown yourself.

must be off to bed now I suppose. I like my early nights! Had a bit of a blip last weekend and some yucky nights, but she is sleeping for 12 hours now 

30/05/2014 at 22:43

Hoggle I meant to say phew to one only and to a good scan. v relieved. I find it hard to contain my nerves for people nowadays until at the very least the first scan but preferably baby being born safely.  Off to an excellent start though. 

Still can't hear, smell or taste. Meant to go to gp today but we announced redundancies for secretarial staff and felt it better to show face. So as I'm back in Glasgow on Monday it will prob be tues before I can contemplate dr. Unless it gets even worse. It's like existing in a bubble. I refer to it as muffliato- like the spell in Harry potter! 

30/05/2014 at 23:36

That's pretty miserable EF and has been going on for ages now. Hope it clears itself up before Tuesday. 

Hoggle, sorry also forgot to say congratulations on a good scan. Whew to one!

People keep asking if I'm ready for the baby then double taking when I say I have 3 months still!  Big-bumps-r-us!

31/05/2014 at 07:53

So sorry to hear your news camlo.  Expected or otherwise it's still sad.

EF hope you're feeling better soon.  I am slightly coughy and sore throaty and really hoping it stays away as it hurts to cough.

i slept so well last night, didn't take the sleeping meds but have been prescribed co codamol and I assume some of the other drugs were still in my system.  Wke up at 5.30 then just dozed.

i will do a 'race report' later-it's the only race I'll be doing for a while so you get to hear all about it 

31/05/2014 at 08:02

And minks that is very kind of you-I plan on doing something similar (well maybe a half!) when back in shape.  breast cancer care are the ones who support people with breast cancer and their families.  They are the ones who I have spoken to a few times over the past month, and when I got my initial diagnosis I was given a couple of their publications, plus I got the 'mummy's lump' book from them.  A scientist from breast cancer campaign came and saw me yesterday and I signed a form giving them permission to use any leftover bits of my tumour for research.  

It feels really weird lying in bed, knowing I don't have to do anything........get up, make food, go to gymnastics.  Strange.  Thank god for the I pad.

31/05/2014 at 12:20

Caro, glad you slept well last night. Make the most of the complete rest. You know it won't happen again until E leaves home

I found the iPad and YouTube great the last time I was stuck in bed. Watched old episodes of things I used to enjoy years ago, there is so much on there. 

Taking the boys to a place this morning where they can sit in diggers, police cars, helicopters and the like. We are meeting Max's best friend so he is very excited. Better go and shower I guess.  Have a lovely weekend all. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.