Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

40,081 to 40,100 of 47,637 messages
17/03/2013 at 21:19
Hoggle he has an appt a couple of wks ago and is now on a list to have injections in his back, I guess it's a steroid injection, not sure whether it goes into the nerve or disc or what. Apparently it's routine to do these before they consider surgery, which is why I wondered about yours and what kind of surgery you were having. Do you know if its key hole or not? And what exactly they will be doing? Also his MRI showed several other degenerating discs around the one that's gone. Dad yours show that or is it just the one disc? My MRI showed degenerating discs too.....makes me worried for the future!
17/03/2013 at 21:34
Hahahahahaha how embarrassing!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for your lovely comments. Think I will run away into a corner and hide, hate being in the lime light!!!! Og gosh and the singing, mortified!!! They put a camara on my bike for a lap in the middle of the night!!!! Singing & humming & gibbering rubbish got me through the laps!!!!
Hope you have warmed up MM, don't be too hard on yourself.
So sad for your friend Caro.
Hugs Hoggle for a difficult week coming up ((((())))).
Cycled 26 miles on the road bike today. Few glasses of wine then. Working tomorrow so betta get to bed.
17/03/2013 at 21:36
Yes trust you to pick up on that caro! Not with it at all.....
18/03/2013 at 01:15
CC- have u tried taping foot? I found it really helped when had PF. Easy to get demo on how to do it on utube + I just used fabric strapping I got from Tesco as couldn't get any decent strapping tape anywhere local. Only did it for longer runs.
18/03/2013 at 11:20
Will have to see if I can watch it on the iplayer RF!

Hoggle - so sorry to hear the news about your friends' little boy, so sad. I hope the funeral goes as well as it can. I have absolutely no idea how I would hold it together through something like that, but I'm sure they will appreciate all the support they can get.

CC - loved the pic of you climbing on fb, and how great to get the children out doing it as well. There is a great wall near us and we used to go every week with some friends, climb for a couple of hours and then have a beer and chips afterwards - happy days! We took Isabelle to a 'ringo' party at the dry ski slope there recently and they had added loads to the wall and made it even better - we looked at it wistfully! It probably isn't that far from your parents when you're down this way - calshot, right on the tip of the new forest, sticking out into Southampton water and the Solent.

MM - hope you're feeling better soon. Liked your Easter bonnet pic - we have the same hat in yellow for Isabelle, but yours is better as I had to let her 'design' and make hers herself! It takes all my will power to sit on my hands and not try to 'improve' all these creative things which get sent home.

So, I did my 10k 'race' yesterday. I had accepted that I wouldn't really be racing since I've only run 4 times in the last 3 weeks due to a combination of things, but it was on the common about 2 minutes from our house so I knew the whole course inside out, which definitely helped. I decided to try and go out nice and slowly to make sure I could actually get round(!), and then for the last couple of miles when the end was in sight, go a bit faster. Anyway, my splits were 10.09 (bit too cautious a start!), 9.32 (about what I was aiming for), 9.52, 9.16, 9.09, 7.55. I think it's safe to say I probably saved a bit too much for the end, but the 5th mile was up a longish hill so I relaxed and ran comfortably up that, overtaking loads of people, and then really let go about halfway up and stormed (for me!) the last mile into the finish. I actually really enjoyed it as I usually go off too fast and slow down towards the end, but it was quite fun overtaking lots of people and finishing strong. Now need to find a half to focus on and actually try and get a decent run of training.

Right, O is asleep so I really should try and get the house in some sort of order - Isabelle's birthday on friday and party on Saturday left us a wee bit tired, and the house a bit of a mess!!
18/03/2013 at 11:36

What are you doing up at 1am Tangt?!

Rf- am annoyed to have missed your debut! I have sky so could've watched it, just had too many relatives around to look on here and see what time it was, grrr. Maybe I can find it somewhere... wouldv'e loved to hear the singing

MM - sorry to hear reading didn't go as planned (although I'm assuming your time was still very fast to mere mortal like me!), but if you know it's because you have a bad cold then you mustn't beat yourself up. Rest up and you'll be raring to go again.

Even without my dodgy leg there's no way I could've done any running this weekend, my cold is naaasty! I sound hideous and the stuff coming out of my nose and chest is gross (sorry for tmi).

Sorry but have forgotten last page! Hoggle (()) for the funeral coming up. And glad to hear you are being less hard on yourself about work.

EF- still not telling...?!

CC- love the climbing pic on FB, that looks so awesome! You must get back into it. Especially now you can start taking the kids.

Survived the baptism! I had to completely ignore the fact I was ill (as us mummys always have to do anyway) and was making sandwiches etc in the morning whilst the girls destroyed any tidying I had done and hubby was at the hospital. He reappeared with MIL at about 10.30, who was fine! Had a bad drug reaction as had failed to tell the drs that she had also taken codeine (on top of her asthma meds, other painkillers, statins, bp tablets etc etc). She pottered off upstairs to straighten her hair and get ready. Hubby was really angry with her (but never says anything to her face), she didn't even apologise and can hardly remember what happened Saturday. Anyway, church service was lovely, even though Rosie screamed at the vicar and has puffy, gummy eyes in most photos. Lovely time afterwards at ours which everyone seemed to enjoy. No naps from Rosie or Maggie so they were shattered by the time everyone left. Got them in bad early, ate leftovers then I suddenly felt very ill and went to bed. Still rough today and am doing very little work.... All relatives now sent on various trains and we're all set to prepare for Maggies birthday and party this week now - which will be a breeze, 20 toddlers are far easier than a bunch of relatives

And when is spring arriving?

18/03/2013 at 11:42

x-posts Vixo. Those are bloomin amazing splits!

18/03/2013 at 11:48
Thanks Sonya. Sounds like a busy weekend. 20 toddlers - wow, you'll really be ready for a break when you've finished with that! We're all full of cold here too, and I'm really ready to be feeling better again - and for everyone to sleep a bit better. Poor O has been so bunged up it's been waking her up (and me) as she just can't breathe. Can't complain though as we've had quite a few nights where she's slept from 10.30ish until 6 or 7, so hoping that when the cold has gone we'll be heading for some nice peaceful nights for everyone! Hope you're feeling better, and manage to have a little time to yourself today.
18/03/2013 at 13:06
Sonya, 20 toddlers?? Are you crazy! I felt a bit overwhelmed with just 3 of them running around at the weekend and that was with all patents there too!
18/03/2013 at 13:08
Edinburghemma, hello. Your post has got a bit hidden there at the top of the page. Catalina is a pretty name, nice to know that she will be unique too.
18/03/2013 at 13:29

Ooo, just found RFs show on the iplayer - if anyone hasn't found it yet you need to go to the regional area and you can find it there. Have downloaded it to watch on my phone on the way home. RF - you superstar you!

Sonya - 20 toddlers? Good luck with that. Hope you're feeling better soon too.

EF - so you're re-using the pink clothes right?  Good luck trying to keep that secret, no way I'd be able to keep it to myself but we went for the suprise with all our 3 (although wasn't much of a surprise when girl number 3 came along, I'm sure hubby doesn't make the right swimmers to get boys!).

Hoggle - so sad to hear about your friends little boy, absolutely heart-breaking stuff. Hope they're holding up okay.

Vixo - great result on your race, well done. You'll be flying round your next proper race.

13 miles done yesterday but very nearly only did 10, last 4 miles were such a slog. Heart and lungs fine but legs just felt dead. Managed to average about 8.50mm though so still on course to do the half in under 2 hours although have given up all hope of getting a PB.

Right, best get back to work ...

18/03/2013 at 13:40

Just came to say I found the adventure show too - only 6 days on i player so get watching!

Edited: 18/03/2013 at 13:40
18/03/2013 at 13:50

TT - that's exactly what I've started to do now, with Tesco's finest strapping, just for longer runs, so will try it out on Thursdays 15ish miles.

20 toddlers - OMG, something out my worst nightmare!!

Well done on the racing Vixo - LOVE that last split, I never know how to pace 10kms and the like, to used to the longer stuff where it really doesn't matter too much. So what is next?  Have never been to Calshott but parents discovered it the other week - think they went to the cafe there.

Good going Karen, esp if legs were not willing.

Just had a long rambling email response from Inverness Leisure - I wrote to give them feedback on my thoughts on their opening hours - OMG how much waffle about studies and reviews to maximise budgets (which I DO get), but why they can't have just one day a week when public could use wall in the morning ... oh no, only groups and clubs ... and apparently you can't have a ladies only session because of Sex Discrimination Legislation? WTF? Those type of sessions are run very successfully at other big climbing walls - sigh.

Speech therapy with S first thing, supermarket and then 7.7 miles for me round forest in 63 mins, legs feeling very sprightly which is a pleasant change . Is so muddy though where logging lorries are churning it all up.

Right, lots of jobs to be done in the next 50 minutes so best get ar*e in gear

18/03/2013 at 13:53
So ladies only swimming is discrimation too? A friend tried to take a boy to mile end climbing wall recently and apparently you have to be 6. Hubby has taken M a couple of times and she has a harness. V nr us are some artificial outdoor boulders that are great fun in nice weather........
18/03/2013 at 14:31

I know Caro - that's why they are talking out of their *rse re descrimination!!!  We have a harness too for ours. There seems to be no age restrictions for kids at the wall. There is a leisure centre down in Grantown, again v small with just evening sessions but is only 20-odd minutes drive so am going to investigate that next. Inverness solution for me was to 'rearrange my schedule to fit climbing in during the sessions they are open ...' - they were very polite though!!

18/03/2013 at 14:31

I can't see a post from edingburghemma anywhere - am I missing something TTid?

18/03/2013 at 14:42
Very top of this page CC
18/03/2013 at 14:43
Isn't that typical, my post goes onto next page! Ok, very top of last page...
18/03/2013 at 15:09
You ladies are the best for advice so I'm going to ask you. I'm hoping to go in to the hospital to see my friend later. Any suggestions for a good present to take in. She can't eat or drink so that's out.

Got to take Max to doc later. A couple of times recently he has complained that his 'winkie' hurts but yesterday he was distraught and there was a little bit of blood at the end. He also has a raised temp 100 degrees. The doc has been saying since he was born that his foreskin is tight and we should circumcise but we are not keen. I always felt it was because they don't see many complete 'winkies' here so just always recommend the same and think they all look tight. He is weeing ok and seems ok in himself, just tired but he did have a busy weekend. Was a tiny dab of blood in his overnight nappy but he's not complaining today.
18/03/2013 at 17:49

Americans are obsessed with chopping winkies!  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.