Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

40,121 to 40,140 of 43,660 messages
04/06/2014 at 13:02

Bicycle or motorkbike CC??  Yikes.  Every few months hubby gets knocked off his bike by some idiot driver, fortunately the bike comes off worse than he does!  But he knows it terrifies me.

04/06/2014 at 14:20
Think it bicycle Caro, he's off cycling with the boys.

Well I have ran today, yesterday and Monday and foot feels exactly the same. Can feel it the 1st couple of miles then it goes. But can feel it niggling when walk fast going to from school. So think it just walking that aggravating it. Have my 1st sports massage booked for Friday afternoon, wibble I am scared. But hoping it irons out everything so I can look forward to being able to walk after Lochalsh.
04/06/2014 at 21:28
Take that back foot doesn't feel the same, feels much better today since my run this morn. Haven't had any diclofenac since this morn either as don't have enough left to last til Lochalsh if keep taking 3 a day and they cost a fortune to buy same strength ones as get from doc. Plus no need to take them if nothing hurting.

MM - does hrt not cause gut problems too, or exacerbate them? I know I don't feel good dwn there when TOTM due and for 1st few days, so hormones can wreak havoc with ur guts I reckon. There was a doc on TV the other day going on about hrt and recommending only using natural hrt rather than artificially produced, apparently less side effects. Not that that would necessarily reduce symptoms such as gut issues, as that happens with our own hormones that we produce naturally.
04/06/2014 at 22:26

TT The bloating and almost early stage preggers tummy has been with me a while (before HRT) and is one of the reasons I gave up bread last spring before I was diagnosed. It just got very bad the last few weeks especially after pasta, museli. Natural HRT is fine for those of normal age but for those in early menopause it won't help as natural HRT won't replace the lost oestrogen. Its progesterone that causes the dodge tummy and other awful symptoms which is why the combined HRT is so bad, osterogen helps with these symptoms. Thats why I have the coil and take Oestrogen only HRT, its a steady level of hormones. I have read so much about it. There is no ideal as the natural substances have no back up evidence. They alleviate symptoms but don't prevent fractures and osteoporosis.

Mind you saying that I feel bloated now and have had zero gluten for 2 days now!! I'm going to try the elimination and then try to bring it back in again. Something is wrong for sure!!

04/06/2014 at 22:36

Sorry not really remembering much even though i am reading through....

yippee to G taking some milk, flowers off friends and er, um, errrr, oh yes feeling 'comfortable at 7min miling'!!! 

Boo to colds, feeling wiped out, sweats, gut issues, foot niggles, flexor probs, irritating hubbies (to include obsessions and unthoughfulness), weird colleagues & teething probs with new work regime CM, getting TOTM out the way before ultra, hubbys accident CC, working nights, friends marital/ relationship issues and losing loved ones.

I did my triathlon Saturday, biked Sunday, ran monday and tuesday and swam 2k today...... Anything to keep me from thinking about my Nanny. Funeral not until the 13th which i am dreading with every bone in my body. My dear mother of course is in germany on her jollies and still hasnt even come home. No wonder my nan took me off her and brought me up instead! 

04/06/2014 at 23:05
(((Camlo))) hard times but good that ur keeping busy and exercising.

MM very frustrating, I have never really gotten to bottom ( no pun intended) of my loo issues either. Tried cutting out things and it helps initially then returns. Not had any real loo emergencies since going lactose free though and keeping egg yolk consumption to a minimum.
05/06/2014 at 01:05

Whats an improving dot?!!

Urrrgghhh work! Some days its just really crap! I'm much better at dealing with conflict than I used to be which is lucky since mediation seems to be a big part of my role at times but sometimes it just makes me feel horrible. I'm dreading a Skype meeting tonight as I have to referee and its all nasty interpersonal dynamics that have been blown way out of proportion (one person is not completely paranoid and irrational) and I have to try and help them reach a decision. You'd think gymnastics would be all about sport right?! Tonight we will be debating whether it should be compulsory for athletes to stay with the provincial team (when one club in the province hates the other club......). SIGH!!!!

05/06/2014 at 07:57
Improving foot I think lol
05/06/2014 at 08:09

We had the rain yesterday CC - it was miserable!!  I did three loads of laundry though and have hung them all out this morning as today we have sun!!

05/06/2014 at 08:13

Thinking about the tummy issues here - I have been far worse since I had Benedict, also get really bloated but I am pretty sure it is when I ovulate and then at the end of the month too.  Def not fun feeling like I look potentially pregnant at random times of the month!!

Hoggle hope the call went ok - sounds like a total pain.  Fortunately we all seem pretty sane but there are some proper odd ones out there!

05/06/2014 at 08:17

CC I have that problem - 2 gym clubs in town and would really like Matilda to go because gymnastics is awesome for building fundamental movement skills so excellent precursor to all sports but the politics involved in me choosing one club over another make my head hurt and I don't want to spend more time with these people than I have to!

Waiting for last person to turn up in order to start - god I just want this over with - do not need this stress!!!

05/06/2014 at 14:07

It seems that the end is nigh for my poor mother in law. She has had so much suffering rammed into six months of her life. We had a call yesterday to say she had deteriorated and suggesting that all three boys might want to visit if they hadn't been in in the last couple of days. Thought that a v random thing to say - oh i was in last night so I won't bother even though she may pass away tonight?  Anyway she rallied last night but the other dr called Andy today. The new dr. Still nothing from the haematologist at all. She said she isn't giving the chemo today and probably not again because myeloma is now the least of the problems. Her heart is failing and her breathing is poor. dr has given June days maybe a few weeks. I'm so sad that she won't see my kids grow up and oh Caro I hope this isn't upsetting you. Please remember that your stats are so very much better.  June had a heart condition even before.  I'm sitting here having a weep so I can try to be strong when we go in later.  Andy and I talked a bit last night and we are trying to be happy that she knew the kids and knew that we had Fraser which of course his dad never did. He never saw Andy grow up either. 

05/06/2014 at 14:11

I have been to dr myself today and got some antibiotics because I was fretting that I still couldn't visit June as I was so ill. Plus I couldn't speak this morning. Anyway I have doxycycline As amoxicillin makes me sick. So it's no more boob for Fraser As they are't suitable for bf. I was only going to go til he was 1 anyway so it's only a few weeks difference. Hope they improve me although in the circs we are not too concerned about my sinusitis. 

05/06/2014 at 15:35

Hugs EF - it makes me sad that my kids won't know F in L as I really doubt he'll be around by xmas, if he makes it that long.  My grandfather died when I was 2 and I have no recollection, but my sister who would have been 6 does remember him, so I'm hoping Matilda will, even if Eric doesn't.  Hope she isn't suffering. 

05/06/2014 at 16:49
So sad EF. My Mum said only thing that got her through when she was very ill in hospital was sheer determination to live long enough that Camryn would remember her, as although she remembers that she loved her gran she has no actual memories of her.
05/06/2014 at 16:55
Need advice on sports massage. I had an appointment for tomorrow aft but girl has just txt to say she has flu so can't see me

How close to a long run is it ok to have a sports massage? Lochalsh is a wk on Sat and only days I have nothing on next wk for rearranging appointment r Monday anytime or Thurs morn. But thinking Thurs morn too close. So unless she's better and can see me Monday then it's not happening. Very disappointed!
05/06/2014 at 18:34

Going out for dinner with hubby tonight.  Am very hungry and am planning on drinking for the first time in almost 2 wks........looking forward to a glass of wine!!

05/06/2014 at 20:41

Yes, enjoy the wine Caro and CC be careful Hubby doesnt get wind of you getting wet knockers while running with Romeo...... 

JT - i think you should be carefully optimistic because 'they' havent made rational decisions up until now. Are you going to have the same problems with George too?? 

Yippee to arnica, boo to cancelled massage (Thurs would be ok in my book as long as they heeded my request for a gentle massage, although that is just indulgence then?!)

Hope your call went OK Hoggle, i chaired a meeting yesterday where i had to keep reining people back to the agenda and stop a moan fest. 

Got a lovely summer dress for the funeral today - reduced to £15 in dotty p which nan would have loved! She said no black so gone for a nice colourful flower pattern! 

Club run tonight - way up over the hills bathed in bluebells and looking down on the lakes. probably one of the prettiest ever! 

05/06/2014 at 21:14

It looks like I'm not the only one willing this awful week to end!

EF I'm so sorry about your MIL - horrible that so much of the last few months has been affected by confusing/poor service. Am thinking of you xx

JT - gah I can totally see how maddening it would be to do all the work to get the extra places and then not get one! How long until you know? Sorry I can't offer any help with next steps.

Camlo I'm glad you have found a dress befitting of your Nan. Your run sounds like it was good for your soul - hugs xxx

Caro I hope the wine was delicious - perhaps just the natural sleep aide you need?!!

Meeting went much better than I thought but was exhausting as I had to facilitate the hell out of it to make sure that we stayed on positive focused topics and didn't stray into dangerous emotional territory, was literally holding my breath at the end waiting for it to go pear-shaped and one woman couldn't help herself at the end and add a whole lot of rubbish that others would have poss have taken personally but I leapt in and changed the subject! Hoping to not get any negative emails today about it!!

Had a terrible night with M having bad dreams, ended up sleeping in her room and morning sickness back this morning because I'm over tired. I've decided to keep her off daycare as she is v coldy but am starting to regret it already and its only 8.15!!

05/06/2014 at 21:43

EF, hope you are able to visit your mil too. So hard for you all and kids dont understand the 'finality' so dont absorb as much as we try to. 

Glad you got call dont hoggle but not good having M off Or the morning sickness. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.