Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

40,121 to 40,140 of 45,507 messages
30/07/2013 at 22:09

Damn black clouds this evening. Damn! Have been running but very sore Achilles and  rather upset tummy not helping. Nice afternoon with the kids too. Guess you can't predict it's arrival. I think I preferred the night sweats and hot flushes phase

31/07/2013 at 08:53

boo to black clouds - hateful things! 

yippee to mad Russions, swimming lessons, orienteering (with being zipped) and super speedy RB

31/07/2013 at 08:56

oops forgot to say thanks for tips about wetties, not looked at clip yet JT. Will defo try and get some swim coachingand give  you a shout if I can't get something locally. 

Did 17 miles on new bike yesterday and took10% off previous time followed by a 8 'mile hilly run in the evening. That counts as a double day doesn't it??!

31/07/2013 at 16:35

ha ha, well remember the jelly legs thing from the one and only duathlon I did, kept chanting to myself 'just keep moving' in the hope that they would!!

Fab training that sounds to me Camlo

Boo to the black clouds - beastly things that they are, and dodgy Achilles too MM, but loved the comment on FB about your hubby cleaning toilets!!

Lazier day for us today - the excitement of a trip to Tesco this morning ... wow, an informal tennis lesson for S at lunchtime, and I have a friend sitting for me tonight so I can do a nice 'race' up to our local viewpoint. 5km road uphill all the way, certainly won't be racing it for sure!!! Treating it as an opportunity for some hill training.

31/07/2013 at 22:13

3weeks??  That sounds a tad excessive.........

01/08/2013 at 08:54

Perhaps not move your car JT, they should shift theirs if they are already inconveniencing everyone!  I'd be pretty cross about the dust too, why is it taking so long?

We seem to have summer colds all of a sudden.  I thought Benedict was just teething but Aidan and I seem to have it too and I'm pretty sure I have all my teeth, as does Aidan.  We are meant to be going to Hereford tomorrow for the weekend and they will be really chuffed if we bring lurgy with us!!

01/08/2013 at 22:52

So annoying JT!  Hope it's not aggravating your asthma.

Well done RB, 3 seconds!

Just enjoying a boozy anniversary night in with hubby (I'm on the tea now!) - Tesco curry takeaway and fizzy rosé .  Italian meal out tomorrow night - still debating whether to get a taxi or one of us drive!

Had a particularly annoying day with family trying to organise a holiday that my mum wants to pay for for all of us.  I have suggested a Christmas get-together as we are all spread around the country, and was on the verge of booking it when my brother and now one of my sisters has come in with a totally negative view of the whole thing.  Not a good time of the month to be winding me up either 

On a positive note, a friend shared a link for 5 riding lessons for £25 the other day so I decided to buy one for Sophie, she had her first lesson today and loved it!  I love riding too so I am very pleased to see my little girl taking it up too .  They went on a little half hour hack (on leading rein) so me and Nicky followed and we had a nice little walk together too - a whole half hour with no whingeing!

York 10k on Sunday - really want to crack an hour again.  1hr 55 on my last race so not far off.  I managed to get a pb at the parkrun on Sat despite only turning up about 3 mins before the start - oops!  31:48 so still pretty slow really but I'm slowly improving.

Sorry to anyone I've missed, have been reading but head to foggy with rosé right now 

01/08/2013 at 22:52

*too foggy (not that foggy!)

02/08/2013 at 05:21

Boo to black clouds, dust, etc. but lots of good stuff too for a change - great running, swimming (go M!), new wetsuits, PBs, anniversaries and riding lessons. 

All ok here. I'm so glad I stopped work earlier this pregnancy (& resigned!) as I've felt heaps better physically even with the heat. But things are a bit hectic/stressful as wan accepted an offer on our London house so if it all works out we will be leaving Londonat the end of September - 9 days before my c section! We haven't got anywhere to move to yet so it looks like we will have to put our stuff in storage and live with my parents for a bit. That might be ok as I've heard you can't do much for a few wks after Caesarian. But not indefinitely! And golly, moving/selling houses is stressful! I've never sold a house before and I'm paranoid they will change their minds! 

Missing exercise badly at the mo for stress relief. Doing loads of walking and cleaning and stuff so I'm active but it's not the same as a run! 

02/08/2013 at 12:32

I'm off...... I may be some time....

going to Yorkshire to climb the 3 peaks tomorrow. 

02/08/2013 at 15:45

But hopefully you'll be back Camlo! 

Enjoy yorkshire

We're off to France Sun evening.  Still have sooooo much packing and organising to do.

02/08/2013 at 21:20

Ohh good luck Camlo. I did that once many moons ago!

The surgery went well and I am recovering pretty well. It's less painful and I'm more mobile than I thought I would be. Still pretty sore though and have to be very strict about not bending or lifting for ages. Luckily hubby is being great at the moment

02/08/2013 at 21:22

Wishing you a speedy recovery Hoggle

02/08/2013 at 22:00

So I'm very impressed with Happy Little Soles who Vixo told us about - I was looking on there for school shoes for M, but procrastinating and never got round to buying them while they were on sale.  Plus I only had her feet measured this wk, and I didn't trust myself to do it properly so wanted a professional to do it as well before spending £40 on shoes!  So once I'd finally confirmed what size I wanted I then googled them and found them a bit cheaper on another website, so I e mailed Happy Little Soles, and told them I'd found them cheaper so would they sell them to me at the sale price - and they said yes!  And then I cheekily asked if they would mind not posting them for 10 days as we're going on holiday, so they're hanging onto them for a couple of wks for me.  That's what I call good customer service. 

03/08/2013 at 20:46

wow Hoggle, fingers crossed, hope you heal speedily and well!!

JT - I would be absolutely FUMING with all of that, what a nightmare

Hope you are having fun Camlo, and it's a bit less breezy there than it is here at the moment!

04/08/2013 at 13:53

Au revoir all - see you in 2 wks!

04/08/2013 at 19:29

Bonnes vacances Caro!

59:47 for me at York 10k - yippee!  First time under an hour since before Sophie was born, very pleased!  Nice flat route, loads of people (it's a Jane Tomlinson race) but enough room and I felt good most of the way round really.  Had to keep pushing in the last couple of km (did 5k in 29omething so wasn't going to lose out on a sub-hour 10k!), then didn't see the 9k marker so didn't speed up till I saw the finish.  Feeling very virtuous .

Camlo - enjoy the Peaks!  Give me a wave if you pass Sheffield .

Hoggle - great that the op wasn't as bad as you thought.  Fingers crossed you'll be back to normal in no time.

04/08/2013 at 20:42

yippppeeeee I have peaked, not once, not twice but a whopping 3 times!!! 

Left the house at 4:45 to drive to the start and signed out at 7:15. Walking in group of 4 but actually felt like I was walking in a group of about 100 as there were so many forming a stream up the 1st hill to penygent. Had to scramble a bit to reach the peak by 8:15 (good start). Few bits of rain but not enough to worry us as we picked our way down and then marched the 8 or so miles to the butty van for a bacon roll. Seemed to take an age and i was concerned that we were falling behind schedule. Long, long climb onto the top of wernside which was blowing a gale and then very steep descent into the valley and another tea. Thankfully eldest had taken the rucksack off me at the top of wernside as it had been digging into my back so I felt a bit lighter to climb the final peak ingle borough. Mad scramble with scary bits but the view from the top was amazing and we could see the sea at Blackpool! I knew it was a good way back to the car but I hadn't figured on the difficult terrain lasting nearly all the way! Ankles and hips were sore especially as I had the rucksack back..... eldest jogged the last few miles so he could have a fag and time for a call to mates. We finished in 10hr 45 and could have paid £6 for a certificate and badge but couldn't be arsed......feet were dry and not a blister in sight! ok today, bit stiff but nowt much.  4 hour drive home today but then had 10mins on my new vibration/ power plate - not sure if it is garbage but think it helped ease the tightness?

Hoggle - so glad the op went well. take it easy. 

Boo to courier JT but yippee to PB for Joggergirl! 

Enjoy all the holidays folks! 

04/08/2013 at 23:26

Well done Camlo! Was it a specific 3 peaks event somewhere? I did the traditional 3 Peaks many years ago (not the race but later in the year) with some work colleagues. It was definitely an 'experience' as it turned out I was the only one who could read a compass (necessary several times in complete whiteouts!). Most of my colleagues were proper London-ites who had no experience in the outdoors (one brought a plastic rain poncho out of a packet which was interesting when it snowed at the top of Ben Nevis. I enjoyed it but we were woefully under-prepared and had such huge ability differences in the group. As I was the only one who had a clue what I was doing which was amusing when trying to convince my boss that what he thought was completely wrong and I knew better!! We spent one night in a backpackers during it as well so didn't do it in the 24 hours.

Recovery is going well. I can pretty much do everything except lift and bend excessively. So I can get down on the floor with Matilda etc. Mum has been staying which has been wonderful. I think she will go tomorrow and then next week I will go own to the farm with Matilda for 5 days to make sure I continue taking things easy.

Well done on race RF!!

Hmmm who else - did I spot on FB that it was MM's birthday? If so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

JT your neighbours sound seriously annoying!!!

05/08/2013 at 07:45

no Hoggle it was the 3 peaks in Yorkshire and we just did it for ourselves. Saw lots of organised groups though (last week they had 2000 walkers in the area). back to work this morning....... already threatening the kids that I WILL get rid of the TV if they can't get dressed and breakfasted without taking their eyes off it..... 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.