Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

40,161 to 40,180 of 43,664 messages
08/06/2014 at 07:43

Oh and I'm engorged too as gave up bf so I could take antibiotics. Sinuses lots better but boobs are sore! 

08/06/2014 at 12:35

Oh dear EF, hope Andy's back is better soon.  Hope the boobs go back to normal soon!

08/06/2014 at 16:50

Sorry to hear about sore boobs, school applications, contacts and kids. Good to hear about nice hols and days out from Sonya and Caro.

I had a very long day yesterday! Race report on the way. Back about an hour ago, just sorting washing and unpacking. Then onto the mundane Sunday night jobs. Looking forward to steak and chips tonight and some wine. Failed miserably at eating and drinking last night, just needed sleep. Massive breakfast described as large by the pub owner didn't touch the sides, but not eaten since so might need a nibble now. Back later...

08/06/2014 at 20:16

looking forward to your race report MM. get some food down you love!!

yes I did have the kids this weekend - thanks to all of you for your support. we have had a mad weekend. ballet / tap followed by visit to library; art class; then rugby presentation for J followed by a surprise party for my friend who has passed her Level 2 running coaching exam. kids not in bed till 9.30 so everyone is tired tonight. then today T took E to a party (because I'd taken her on one of his weekends recently when J had an all day rugby tournament - it's still 'tit for tat' with him). and then I took J up into the valleys to an outlet village which has a tuberiding slide, which he loved. and a skanky looking owl sanctuary (free) which he also loved. so he has been a mega happy boy tonight. I'm knackered now. kids in bed, so I'm doing sunday night jobs and getting an early night!

caro - hope boob less sore now. see you are still walking loads though. don't overdo it...

08/06/2014 at 20:39

I was pleased to see a photo of Minks' toyboy in FB today (well done on the race, BTW!). C'mon CC, get yourself in a photo with Romeo so we can see what all the fuss it about!

Well done MM. Rather you than me.

08/06/2014 at 20:44

Ha ha RB - I spotted the young man too!  How are you?

I had a good run last weekend but totally lost my mojo today, just pottered around Penyard hill talking to myself like a mad lady.  Should have stuck to the flat.  Ah well.

The pigeons laid waste to the peas I put in last week but I had heaps left over so I did it properly yesterday with stakes and nets and everything, even put some cd's on top to scare the birds off…  black fly have taken over my broad beans - cut out the worst bits and will have to get some spray.  The kids don't even like broad beans but I love them!!

08/06/2014 at 21:05

Glad to see the pic......I heard on the news that a man in his 30 sadly died during the race.....it was pretty warm here today.

less sore today.  It's fine during the day normally then gets sore at night because I toss and turn and keep rolling on it.  Don't worry CM, I'm not gong to do a single thing to jeopardise my recovery.  I realise this is not just a running injury that I can run through and keep my fingers crossed.

good to hear from you MM, look forward to your race report.

08/06/2014 at 21:23

Well done MM - awesome effort! Who else was running an ultra this weekend?

Still coughing badly hear and asthma not improved yet but had a great day yesterday - managed to do basically nothing in preparation for hoards for lunch. I sneakily saved all my cleaning jobs - bathroom, vaccuming etc for Sunday morning so I would look v busy and not get pressed into helping with food prep! Had a lovely time but was really willing all the malingerers to go by 5pm (arrived at 1)!! Knackered last night and this morning but a LOT of work to do so should get on!!

Glad you had a nice weekend CM, how annoying that T is still being so petty but I guess it means you get a bit of one to one time with J. Tube riding looked a lot of fun!

08/06/2014 at 21:50

Hi Kinsey I love broad beans too - even if you end up with a thimble-full of beans from 3kg of pods! I'm still suffering from the mystery illness that leaves me too tired to run but I've got fed up with having blood tests and then waiting weeks to get a doctor's appointment only to be told that everything is normal, so I'm just putting up with it. I suppose I'm fine but normal standards for people my age so I can't complain. Did you move house? I've lost track.

Sorry to hear about your cack situation CC. Can't believe your hubbie went on a week's cycling holiday with his mates. It would serve him right if you fell into the arms of another man. For goodness sake don't feel guilty about being off with him! Anyway, I found a five year old pic of Romeo on his FB page, which shows his chiselled features nicely. Definitely has the look of a "ladies man".

08/06/2014 at 22:03

I like broad Beans too, but Kinsey I did have to spray them for black fly lots when I grew them.

CC it must be cack for both of you, and I guess maybe you're both so tired when you see each other than its hard to look at it from the others perspective.  I know when my sister and her (ex) hubby did it for a couple of yrs, albeit with no kids, she was the one  flying every wk end, and she got so fed up with airports, planes etc etc.  you are living separate lives at the moment, and I think unless there is a real plan it must be very hard to see the way ahead.  If you had a goal, then at least you'd be able to say, ok we can do this for 3 more years because then this will happen, but with no end in sight I dont really no what the answer is, nor do I know how you've managed for so long.

forgot to say that my mother has departed.......and I don't feel remotely sad.  That in itself makes me feel guilty and sad, so I can't win.

08/06/2014 at 22:05

I don't think the symptoms match ME. I thought it was hypothyroidism as I have a lot of the symptoms (in common with several other conditions) but the doctors say my results are "normal". I'm not convinced, as "normal" is based on population averages rather than "normal for me". Nothing I can do about it as they base their diagnosis on the test results despite the symptoms. I'm not saying they're wrong but I'd be more convinced if they could tell me what it is that I have got rather than just send me away saying I'm normal.

08/06/2014 at 22:05

In your neck of the woods today Rb.  Took Matilda and my mum on the cable car.  Could have done without the American tourists in our car being really rude about the docklands scenery.  Ok it's not the best view, but its my city and I love it.

08/06/2014 at 22:06

Lol. Did you all see my toy boy!!!!!!  lol. 

Race report tomorrow. Ironing pile defeated. Steak scoffed and some wine. Bed now!!

08/06/2014 at 22:08

Oh CC. Big hugs xx

08/06/2014 at 22:14

RB that sounds very frustrating - not nice to not feel heard and be assumed well if test results come back normal. If you look at what you think it might be are their dietry/lifestyle changes that you can look at that might help. So frustrating when you are such an active person and your 'normal' would definitely not be an average normal!!

CC - that is not a petty thing to get annoyed about at all, I would be livid!! Although I have the opposite problem - a hubby changing careers and I see far too much of him! Is there a way to have some sort of time with him to talk properly before things go to far and become unfixable - maybe time to be very upfront and honest so that he starts taking it seriously? Does he feel like he's the one making the sacrifices by being away from home working?  Its very tough so am sending you a lot of hugs xxx

Right, get back to work slacker......

08/06/2014 at 22:18

Yes, I did spot him MM.  

I love the views from the cable car Caro. LB and I often cycle there as you get a pod to yourself if you have a bike. We've been to the Siemens Crystal a few times (basically an exhibition about sustainable cities) but won't be going now as it's gone from being free to costing about £8! Have you tried a boat trip? You can get a Thames Clipper from North Greenwich back up river to Westminster and it's a lovely trip.

If it is hypothyroidism then diet/lifestyle changes won't change it Hoggle unfortunately. I feel slightly better as long as I keep doing small bits of exercise during the day to stop feeling cold the whole time.

Edited: 08/06/2014 at 22:21
08/06/2014 at 22:25

We do the boat trips often when people are staying, and always in that direction as far less touristy than the other way.  yes been to the crystal and thought we'd pop in there today to kill some time, but no way at £8! Not sure who they think is going to pay that.......I did see the Thames path and am envious of people who live so near child friendly cycling.  We have to always put the bike in the car.

Edited: 08/06/2014 at 22:26
08/06/2014 at 22:55

Maybe a serious reality check from you as to how you are really feeling would shock him into action CC? that amount of inertia would drive me crazy. At the end of the day only he can change his work situation. Really really tough, keep coming on here to unload though - its too hard to try and keep it all in your head.

08/06/2014 at 23:12

Dr has told me if the increased asthma meds don't work then I need to go back and get steroids. Not that keen this early on in pregnancy but might not have a choice as still struggling.

08/06/2014 at 23:55

Haha, I did wonder if anyone else stalked CC's FB page to find him... My phone kept crashing when I tried to find recent pictures of him, it obviously disapproved of my stalking!

CC sorry you are in such a bad place at the moment. It has gone on for an unfeasible length of time now. His holidays with the boys would really nark me off, I know the work time stuff is unavoidable but that would really niggle. And grr to his crap planning for the weekend of your ultra. Hugs from me too. 

Yes, toy boys being revealed all around this weekend!

Bit p'ed off with Mr TT today as he went to play golf at 8:00, nothing wrong there, especially as he made me breakfast in bed first. I walked over to the club at about 12 with the boys and we stayed about an hour before I brought the boys home for a nap. He said he'd be back soon. About 2 hours later I sent a text asking if he would be home soon as I knew he'd be tired (and grumpy) so would want a sleep himself and I knew the boys would wake up soon. So he did come back but then flopped on the sofa and fell asleep. I tried to get him to at least go to bed so I didn't feel I had to keep the boys quiet when they did wake up but no, sofa it was!  So he's snapped at the boys and we've not gone anywhere. He's just cooked some tea at about 6 and taken Max for a swim now but poor Os stuck home with me. I would take him out for a walk but I ached so badly after just a short walk earlier, not sure what to do. 

Sorry, long boring moan there but I'm also struggling a bit at the moment and it helps to write it down. We're also rubbish at talking

Caro, you are an inspiration, sorry about things with your mum, you can't help but hope that something this serious would help her put things in perspective but obviously not going to be. 

Well done MM and Minks and anyone else who was running this weekend. 

Hugs to Hoggle too. 

I'm 29 weeks today and the aching is getting me down. Waves to Sonya, sounds like you are having a lovely break. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.