Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

40,181 to 40,200 of 45,456 messages
21/03/2013 at 20:47
I'd keep an eye Caro and go with your gut instinct. Both my boys are like that with tonsillitis. If his temp doesn't go down with calpol and nurofen I'd be inclined to give out of hours a ring to get further advice. Just make sure he doesn't get too hot. Good luck tonight!
21/03/2013 at 21:13
Is anyone else watching the ITV birth programme. Why does she have her eight year old son watching her in labour?!!!
21/03/2013 at 21:25
Hope he is ok Caro, I finally bought a Braun ear thermometer last year, has been very handy as we have all been so ruddy ill recently.

Glad your quad is ok Lotte.
21/03/2013 at 21:30
Nurofen is much better for high temps than calpol so if you can get some or have some I would give that to him. And if temps don't come down for long with that, I'd do gp...
21/03/2013 at 21:35
He had calpol at 6.30 and has been asleep since, so I'll give him some ibuprofen before I go to bed.

Watching born to be different rather than more giving birth programmes. Although on OBEM last night there was a v small child watching mummy in labour! No thanks.
21/03/2013 at 21:41
Give him a combo of ibuprofen and paracetamol caro, and if his temp stays up with both of them, or he gets floppy/less responsive, then he needs to see someone. If you're concerned then no one would (should!) object to seeing him at any point - go to a good a&e if it's the middle of the night, rather than messing about with out of hours. Hope he's settled down though, and you all get some sleep!
21/03/2013 at 21:42
Cross post Caro, hope he stays ok.

We're watching the programme about avoiding errors in surgery!!
21/03/2013 at 22:35
hope poorlies get better soon, stuffed with cold, tummy ache from eating too much and tired out so going to sleep ....now!
22/03/2013 at 08:28

hope eric is ok this morning and schooltime brings no new traumas

about to take my car for its 100,000 mile service, so am anticipating traumas of my own later. then a whole day of conference calls and typing up review findings. gah. also have my friend coming over later for a chat. she's running a local 20 mile race at the weekend and i'm going along to lend some support. don't get kids back until monday am as it's holiday time so the normal routine doesn't apply. HATE IT. but we are off to legoland - hoping our friends from edinburgh will be able to get down to join us with all the snow that's around. none here but plenty en route from edinburgh i imagine!

22/03/2013 at 10:08

managed to jog a whole 0.6k along the relatively flat section of road at the top of the hill on the way back from the garage. woohooo! no pain. but definitely no gain from that short distance. will do it again in reverse picking car up. in fact, may jog more of it as it is all downhill - just over a mile

also just had email to say that E has reception place for september.  not that there should really have been any doubt because we are in catchment and her brother is already at the school, but you can never be 100% about these things!! (paranoid...)

22/03/2013 at 13:01
Woohoo CM. fab news. Go steady though hey! No snow here just pesky rain and wind and cold. Got to walk to church now for Easter school service and its pouring. Bah!

Had positive session on treadmill last night. 8x600 in 5:58 pace and 2 miles at MP. Didn't feel flowing but got it done anyway. Rest day today, then got to fit in 2 runs Tom around a full day in Taunton on coaching course. Hmmmm!
22/03/2013 at 13:22
Caro - hope you got some sleep!
Cm - a jog is a jog, good luck for later (car and more jog)
MM - is it best to have a rest day then a double than to just run once per day?
Have got Tom poorly so have sorted all boys clothes out (halved tshirt pile from 40 to 20), changed beds and watching trashy tv. Wanted to get a wee run in but it's pouring with rain and snow is threatening. ggrrrrrr
22/03/2013 at 14:05

Good news CM. And yay to the good sesh MM.

Hope poorly Tom better soon. Hows Eric today Caro?

Hate living on an island sometimes. Bloody boat is disrupted because of swell in Aberdeen harbour so swimmng trip is cancelled as they won't arrive in time now, and athletics trip looks likely to be off too. Such a shame for all the kids who have trained so hard.

10 miles this morning. Leg feeling ok.

22/03/2013 at 14:20

oh that is a bummer, lotte.

got car back. comes to something when you are relieved that it's only 220 quid really! that did include new tyre. but i am glad it wasn't more!! plus car is getting on a bit now; 100k miles and it's a 56 plate so could have been worse

did 2x5 mins with lots of walking (route was 4.5km in total). can feel calf now so lots of stretching and strengthening required. but at least i did it. in the glorious p1ssing rain. haha. typical that after 2 months of calf strain preceded by 2 months of illness, the first time i get out for a trot and it's pishing down!

22/03/2013 at 14:38

Much better today thanks, back to old self.  Amazing given how hot and miserable he was last night.  Delayed vacs though.

It is so COLD!!  Apparently this wk end is set to be the coldest March wk end in 50 yrs - just thought that would cheer you up!  Matilda has a leaving party for a girl in her class tomorrow - at the Epping Forest Field Centre, for a nice walk in the forest followed by tea.  They're going to freeze!

22/03/2013 at 14:45

Glad Eric fine. Baltic here too. No snow but snowy showers and strong wind, well into the minus figures with the wind chill. Dylan is on a John Muir outdoor day, they are supposed to be either bog jumping, coasteering or canoeing. Brrr. 

Hate 'wasting' money on cars. Glad your bill isn't worse CM.

22/03/2013 at 14:59

glad Eric better. they do go up and down very dramatically don't they!?

i guess the only consolation is, lotte, that, even if they got off the island, the rest of the competitors may not make it there... pretty vile weather forecast for lots of places incl southern scotland

yes, it does come to something when you are glad your car service is 'only' £200!! i always used to get it serviced at the dealer but stopped that when i separated from T. use local garage now. dealership for Ford cars in newport was fab - service was great. but price was NOT! local garage is good, too, fortunately. and they are always really helpful.

hope dylan is okay on his outdoor day - that will sort the men from the boys!!

22/03/2013 at 15:00
We have a poorly here too. L went to bed after eating no tea yesterday and was sick everywhere at 10. Lots of red, chunky sick all over her, bed, hair etc. poor thing woke up all confused and I had to carry her downstairs trying not to found as horrified as I felt. We've never had sick on that scale before! So we both had showers, and I did the cleaning and washing throughout the night in between Evie's feeds.
She seems ok today after sleeping til 9 and has eaten so fingers crossed that's it. We were supposed to be going to a Michelin starred restaurant later but cancelled the inlaws coming to baby sit as I'd hate to pass it on. I suspect it'll be beans on toast instead. Hey ho. Feeling pretty fed up though and v restricted at the moment.

Running wise I've been on the treadmill twice this week and run outside twice. Did some good intervals out on weds. Hoping to get out later for the sake of my mental health!!

I also had an eff it moment earlier (thanks jt!) and booked a holiday in may to Crete. We'd been talking about it and hubby had the time off so thought what the heck and booked. It looks lovely and great for kids- can't wait.

Good news on the run cm...hope you have another good one later. When are you at legoland?

Really sad about your friends baby hoggle. I can't bear to think how they must feel. So sad. (())

Grr, on iPhone and haven't read back... What else? Hope poor lies are better camlo and caro and big boo to bullies.

Glad injuries seem at bay for lotte, mm and cc. Long may it last. Hope your kids get off the island lotte. V frustrating.

Off to watch tangled now...the joys!!
22/03/2013 at 15:03
Cross posts !! Glad calf feels ok and Breton being outdoors. I've not stepped outside all day and leila is still in pjs!
22/03/2013 at 15:13

Fab news CM and Lotte. Is that everyone off the bench? Dare I jinx it?

Can't run today Camlo. Hubbie left the house at 6am and won't be back till gone 7pm. Not going out then on a friday night. I need wine tonight  and I would like to see hubbie too!! As it is I had to do my dreadmill session at 7.45pm last night once got boys into bed as hubbie was out. So can't face it tonight. Would rather get up early and run tom. If I can't fit in the 2nd one tom not too bothered, only 4 miles easy.

Need a full rest day after a high mileage week and sore legs too. Cold water in the swimming pool has helped though  and got away with the walk to church and and back. Not too bad just windy. Lovely easter service and sophie loved all the singing and play acting!!

Boo to all the poorlies. How is Eric Caro?

I have another interview for the job I got a telephone for but can't make the day they have asked for as noone to have the kids at 4pm (rubbish time hey!) as it would take me 45 mins to get there and back again too!!

Also another interview for different job on weds when I do have childcare!! Scarey stuff!

Annoying about the boat Lotte. Guess you just have to set their expectations?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.