Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

40,241 to 40,260 of 43,675 messages
11/06/2014 at 22:16
Ach Caro - that sucks. As everyone here knows you're a fighter and am sure you'll keep giving it both barrels as you have been doing so far.

One of my two friends who had breast cancer had all lymph nodes under right arm removed (at same time as major lumpectomy). She'd had chemo pre-op and then had radiotherapy post-op. Was also getting herceptin every 3 weeks. It was a tough year but she came through it all and one year one month on from diagnosis was riding roller coasters at Disneyworld. As the others say chemo may not be pleasant but if it does the job...

Hugs hugs hugs (autocorrect keeps trying to change this to hugh, who the hell is hugh, lol!)
11/06/2014 at 22:18

Oh Caro, I am so sorry to hear that. What a shock, sending lots of hugs and thinking of you and your family. Like JT says, you can fight this.xx

Like CC I am struggling with all the end of term stuff and extra sports things. Car died again after being in the garage for another week, only had it back 3 days, so logistics are all a challenge. Work is manic at the moment so not even getting a chance to catch up then. Dropping ball all over the place. Missed the twins assembly today too, totally forgot and feel like shit about it. Especially because Lewis was crying because I wasn't there.

Fab running from MM, loved the race report, well done.

Looking forward to the summer and can't wait for you coming up CC. Sorry to hear you are having a tough time and I think you are amazing holding everything together.

Better go, 10.15 and all the kids still up on a school night, just eating supper. LAte back from Dylans parents evening. Will try to get on tomorrow.

Still can't believe what shit news you have had Caro, take care.xx

PG3
11/06/2014 at 22:21

shit news Caro. As others have said, I wasn't expecting that. I bet it feels really surreal that its happening to you. Big hugs and take all the r and r you can get.

There are lots of sad things happening on here. I hope everyone is bearing up OK. Oh and I ythink the trip to Sweden is probably a step too far although its fun (and exhausting) spectating at an ironman.

I have entered a sprint tri for next weekend. I will be super slow but I don't care

11/06/2014 at 22:24

Caro I am so sorry to hear your news. Did they explain why they initially thought it hadn't spread - from the biopsy? Glad hubby was there with you. Hope you can sleep. this sounds very similar to my friend tbh. She was told at each stage that it all looked positive and she wouldn't need mastectomy / chemo etc and then at each stage she did. She is fine now two years on. So it Can and does all work. It is just hideous for you to have to go through it. Huge hugs xxx

11/06/2014 at 22:28

We are into the last hours for mil. She has a chest infection and has suddenly just stopped eating. Not good. However true to form my kids turn our focus back to them. You may recall Louise starting the pox the night we got the crap cvs results. Well we are not quite there but Fraser puked at nursery so has to stay off for 24h. And he has some pimples on both arms. I'm going with sweat rash for now.....

11/06/2014 at 22:33

Aw EF sending hugs to you too. xx

11/06/2014 at 22:47

EF - hugs to you too. Sad news. We heard "the last hours" said many times about my Nan over a period of years. You never know. But I am thinking of you all anyway and I hope Fraser isn't starting the pox xx

Camlo    pirate
11/06/2014 at 22:54

Hells bells caro, so sorry that the news wasnt more positive. Was going to say try and keep calm but i guess that is rather flippant and you must be terrified. 

EF - really hope the end is peaceful for your mil and you are all ok (pox or not!)

sounds like Scotland needs a few more hours in each day? 

Going to take grandad for a haircut tomorrow then go and sit with my nan for a few hours at the funeral home. 

11/06/2014 at 23:33

Damn, isn't it about time we had some more happy news on here

Hugs to both EF and Camlo. Hope the next few days pass as well as they can, considering. 

Uhoh. Brought some angel delight back from uk and made some for dessert tonight with banana and hundreds and thousands on top. Oscar now is beautifully decorated with h&t!!

12/06/2014 at 01:07
Oh no so many hugs needed out there!

Caro I'm gutted for you. Cheesy analogy alert but you've been unwittingly signed up for your first major endurance event. You're such a fabulous strong woman I know you'll smash it. However it must be utterly terrifying right now so just sending you a whole lot of hugs. I wish we were all closer and could rally round with meals and childcare.
EF huge hugs to you too, I hope it's bearable and the spots are not pox
Camlo - another round of hugs, will be thinking of you and your lovely nan

Everyone else - take care of yourselves, sounds like end of term exhaustion is hitting. I'm in bed with antibiotics and steroids as decided after coughing up some blood (nothing serious just too much coughing) that enough was enough.
12/06/2014 at 02:52

Oh no Hoggle, hope the meds help and you're feeling better soon. How's your sickness now?  And how is the manflu doing in your house?

12/06/2014 at 06:07
So sorry to see your news Caro, really hope they can get this next stage organised as quickly as possible. Please don't dwell on worst case scenarios, my friend Charlie had secondary spread and it has been managed really well so far. What a horrible shock though.

Hoggle, hope you feel better soon too x

Camlo, think you need a hug as well xx
PG3
12/06/2014 at 06:48

Arghh lost post. Grrr.

EF and Camlo big hugs at a horrible time. Hoggle hope you feel better soon.

My baby just turned three months yesterday. Time is flying so quickly. I am only breastfeeding first thing now and having the odd guilt pang for stopping so early. I know its nuts and I am the first to tell others to not feel guilty and do what works. Parental guilt hey. My three year old is being really naughtey again. She has wet herself in the last couple of days at nursery and in the car (great). Not sure if its attention seeking or something as she hasn't wet herself for a long time. I just keep being firm, following through on punishment promises but trying not to shout. I hope it blows over as my time with her is no fun when she's like this which is sad.

Caro hope you got some sleep.

12/06/2014 at 10:13
Just b careful she doesn't have a minor infection Pip and it interfering with her ability to tell when she needs a wee.

In the spirit of 'happy' news let's focus on the fact that Camlo's Nan passed knowing how loved she was by her wonderful grand-daughter and other family members and the same for EF's mil, she has family who love her and are going out of their way to spend time with her in her last days. And Caro, the fact u found the lump and got to doc and got diagnosed is a blessing, u could b still oblivious and have found out way too late for any treatment to work and I am sure that is not the case. And again u have a wonderful husband and two fabulous children to help u through this as well as all ur lovely friends, ur Sister and understanding work colleuges (give up trying to spell it right got no idea). As they say we have to experience the bad to fully appreciate the good in life.
12/06/2014 at 11:24

Hi all,

hope you dont mind me joining your thread here. Many congratulations to those of you who have had babies & best wishes to those who are expecting!

I havent read all the posts here but just wanted to say my thoughts are with those of you going through difficult times at the moment.

I wanted to introduce myself.  I found out 3 weeks ago I was expecting (a year on from my mum passing away).

I've been a runner for about 20 years (now 33). I have a few questions....i havent been given much information by my GP at all and cant always find answers on the internet. Not seeing midwife until end of the month. Do you mind if I ask a few questions on here?

Thank you in advance for the welcome to this thread

12/06/2014 at 11:38

Hi LTS and welcome. Ask away, there is a wealth of experience on here and I'm sure someone will be able to help. Congratulations, I'm assuming this is your first. 

12/06/2014 at 11:51

Oh Caro, what an awful day for you. I hope you took some pills last night and got some sleep and are getting lots of hugs from your babies. Sending you a huge virtual hug ((((((((((())))))))))). But please try not to look on the dark side, you will fight this damn cancer and win. You have many more races to win and PB's to get and a life to live. You are strong and determined. Please come on here and vent/ moan/cry, our shoulders are all here for you. Thinking of you.............xxxx

huge hugs also to EF and Camlo, so much sadness ((((((()))))) x

CC- hope your ok x

blimey Hoggle- rest up & hope you feel better soon.

End of term madness- hope everyone is surviving and keeping balls in the air. Deep breaths and grab moments to yourself when able

MM- freakin awesome lady on your race, well done. Great race report. Hope your recovering well, eating heaps and resting plenty.

Welcome life's too short. Fab name by the way. Lots of experienced mummy runners on here to provide info and support. Listen to your body is my advice. Ifs it's sore then stop. Be gentle on yourself. Stay fit and active but you are growing a baby so remember that x

Tangy - well said.

12/06/2014 at 11:54

Pip- don't make a big fuss about the accidents. It will only make her worse. Prob just a minor setback. Ensure drinking enough and remind her to use toilet often.

school sports day this afternoon so hope the rain stays of.

Oh meant to say CC how cool your going to Shetland for your hols. Never been myself, maybe one day. We 're of to Aviemore again for a week in July. 1.5 hrs in the car, nice and easy and relitavely stress free!!!! Lol

Right lunch time and really need to do some cleaning before sports this afternoon.

12/06/2014 at 12:13
Ladies forgive the intrusion, I've not posted on here before but I am one of Caro's friend (from Grovelands parkrun) and I'm just popping in to wish her the very best of luck - Caro you know where I am if you need any help/hug/coffee etc., ((()))
12/06/2014 at 12:31

Likewise Caro, you know where I am too ((()))

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.