Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

40,361 to 40,380 of 47,221 messages
29/03/2013 at 17:48
Central London on a bank holiday sounds hard work Caro! You seem to have had a lovely day though. Hope you're feeling better, my first af after both boys was a shocker.

Tatty - I think these things often happen for a reason. You sound like you're on the right track, I'm guessing telling us all about the issue can only be a good sign that you're determined to fight this? I remember the biggest issue with my sister was getting her to admit the problem. She still struggles to accept it even now.

Lotte - that is one carp day . I hate having to spend money on stuff like that, seems such a waste. Hope you're better soon.

TT- it would be some form of hideous toy for 'the boys' in our house

Thanks for all your empathy. I feel so rung out, I'm just hoping against hope he doesn't die on Sunday as obviously Easter which would double up the day if that makes sense, but it's also my Aunt's birthday which would make it triply carp.

Lovely day here today, so nice to be out of the biting winds up North! Really must get back on my bike....
29/03/2013 at 19:19

Take care of yourself Tatty, sounds like you have been having a tough time xx

Caro - def not looking forward to the return of AF, hope you feel ok now.

Lotte - hope your hubby did ok with the purchase, what a nightmare.

Bought Benedict his first shoes today, too cute!  He is a 3G already and weighed in at 10.5kg on Thurs!

29/03/2013 at 19:31
Tatty - Hope it all goes ok for you in the next few weeks, sounds like it's been a bit of a bumpy ride recently.

Kinsey - that's more than Eliza weighs!
29/03/2013 at 19:31
Can he walk?? Ericmonly has the soft shoes still.
29/03/2013 at 19:39

He's cruising Caro and I just remember it being a pain once Aidan started walking as we ended up with a lot of filthy socks plus I needed to get M & A's feet measured anyway.  They are just the soft shoes and hopefully he won't have a foot growth spurt!

He's just over the 91st centile Vixo but he's not massively chubby in my eyes, just very solid!

JT - I know what you mean, my gran died very close to my grandpa's birthday which makes it a difficult time for him.  Hope you are all ok and well done for getting up there to visit.

29/03/2013 at 19:56

Yippee TB!!

Hugs JT and glad you made it up to Cumbria in that awful weather.

Can't help on the bottle front I'm afraid as Sophie happily switched between the 2 from 3 days old and Nicky flatly refused to take one until he was about 4months at which point he flatly refused to breastfeed anymore!

29/03/2013 at 20:16
I think Eliza might be a bit short, but we don't really know many other children her age to compare! She went througgh a really chubby phase - well, a huge toddler belly phase - but seems to have lengthened out a bit now.

Look at happylittlesoles.co.uk for little shoes, they are just gorgeous, and from a small family company based in Cornwall. We got Isabelle some great boots for school from there which have been her only shoes all winter, and Eliza has a lovely pair of leather trainers as her first 'proper' shoes. They've some lovely girls summer shoes but I have managed to stop myself buying any yet - which is just as well since snow boots have probably been a better option recently!
29/03/2013 at 20:32

REally need to read back properly but just to say a HUGE HUGE HUGE Yippee to the Bogle!! That is the most fantastic news, am so very pleased for you

Lotte - hope you didn't end up with a TV and the germs are abating???

WIll be back tomorrow, bit mad here!

29/03/2013 at 20:34

Have just skim-read a bit anyway ... many many hugs to the Bogle and JT for challenging times

29/03/2013 at 20:44
Big congrats from me also Tatty, fabby news & it's sounds like you have been through some very hard times recently...........look after yourself now gal
Hugs JT, very difficult time for you all.............(((((()))))
Lotte- rubbish day, hope hubby sorted oot a new machine for you & your cold doesn't last........
Bottles - no help am afraid as my girls were also a nightmare at taking one!!!!!! Drove me to despair I remember!
Ran 3 miles at 6 am & then 4 miles on treadmill. Couldn't do it all outside as hubby left for work at 6.35 am. Was -6 degrees outside but lovely blue skies & so peaceful! After shower, breakfast, housework, get the 3 girls, chickens & dog sorted we left house & I started to sneeze and throughout day developed a full blown cold and now feel like shit, boo. Having a brandy and then going to bed.
Have a craft fair tomorrow so hop I feel bit better. Have made Easter cupcakes, fudge & peppermint slice, quite impressed with it!
29/03/2013 at 21:21

On very dodgy wifi connection so will be quick - MASSIVE CONGRATS TattyB!  Sorry to hear about ED but sounds like you're getting there. Look after yourself Mrs Bogle - its no easy feat growing a Pope you know

JT   Hope it is peaceful when his time comes.

CC - think you've been whizzing down the slopes at the Cairngorm ski area yesterday? I was there yesterday too - eating bacon rolls & drinking hot chocolate, such an elite athlete eh?!! What a pity to have missed you - S & J's skiing feats would impressed (and hopefully inspired) megan! Think from FB you've moved on to the Lecht - enjoy!

RF - wheres the craft fair????? I love peppermint slice...!

Right, wine is calling. Had a lovely week here in Aviemore - has snowed every day and temp has never gone above 5 degrees. Back home tomorrow    

Happy Easter all - hope the Easter Bunny has left some choccie eggs for you you!

29/03/2013 at 22:14
Fab fab news TB. So pleased for you

Oh nightmare Lotte. So hope you are ok for Sunday. When do you have to go?

Fabulous day here in Wales. Beautiful clear skies. Cold wind but can cope with that with the sun. 12 miles first thing, then a 2.5 mile walk along coast path to sloop inn in porthgain. Lovely pub! Mussels and chips. Lush! Pint of real ale. Lush! Then a 2.5 mle walk back across the fields. Sophie walked at least half of it. Carried for rest of time. Sea was so calm. Stunning. I love it here when it's like this. Bro and SIL arrive tomorrow with their new adopted daughter (sister of their first daughter) who is just over 1. Can't wait to meet her.

Hope all unwell feel better. Hopefully the sunshine will help?
30/03/2013 at 06:58
Ooh had a better night, some moaning but not much sitting up and def woke less. Naturally for the first time in ages Aidan came in THREE times!
30/03/2013 at 11:16
Oh I love the Sloop Inn! Was there last September on a lovely sunny day. Sat outside to eat. We are going to Pembs again in may. Can't wait. Any recommendations for what to do with a 3-4 year old there? Our friends are coming too and their daughter is older than E.

Hope wkend improves Lotte and you are fine for tomorrow. Take care of yourself tatty. Are u also on pregnant runners thread as well then? I haven't been over there yet.
Aviemore antics sounded fun MR and CC. Enjoy.
And glad you had a slightly better night Kinsey. Yay to first shoes too. So cute!
30/03/2013 at 11:17
Is aviemore in the Cairngorms or is my geography waaaaay out? Best go check!
30/03/2013 at 16:59
Yeah broOkie Aviemore is by the Cairngorms. It is loverly there. Sulking upstairs on my iPod. Hubby peeing me of & swore at me so threw a tattie at him as I was peeling them at the time & then slammed the door, ooooops!!!!! So need to go back downstairs now in shame. Ah well. Feel really fed up, having the cold doesn't help but must get a grip!!!
Craft fair went Ok, not a great turnout but made ??100 for the school so better than nothing I guess.
Will write more later but it's rubbish on iPod.
30/03/2013 at 17:41
oh dear RF, I did chuckle at the tattie tho.
30/03/2013 at 18:58
That sounds like me throwing the basket of washing at hubby when I found out he'd started smoking again RF, horrid feeling isn't it? Hope he's better when you get down.

Mm - sounds like you're having a lovely time.

Brookie - there's always Folly Farm, the dinosaur park and just general pottering. There's loads to do in Pembs, you'll be fine!

Wedding Anniversary today. 11 years! How did that happen?! Had a lovely day. Went to the Theatre to see We're going on a Bear Hunt and then to Pizza Express for lunch. Was really lovely and the Bear Hunt was just fabulous. Both boys were utterly enthralled. Would heartily recommend it to anyone.
30/03/2013 at 19:08
Brookie - we went to Castell Henllys last time and they had an event for kids Martha really enjoyed it, and also a kids event at Carew Castle went down well with her. Aidan was still 2 and was less interested!
JT we still havn't been to the dinosaur park! Must try it next time.
30/03/2013 at 19:10
RF hope you have made it up with hubby!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.