Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

40,461 to 40,480 of 43,210 messages
23/06/2014 at 21:42

Nice to see you Caro & glad your sis is over to support you this week. Hope you get some sleep tonight and the drains don't annoy you too much. Keep taking the painkillers and get some movicol for sure.

CC - glad you and hubby managed some communication at least, not easy. Hope you are ok x

Oh dear Camlo to eldest, difficult but yes they are our kids even if we don't agree to everything they do. ( dreading mine being teenagers!)

We did do the odd wee skip down some of the hills!!!!!

Yay to trampolines but yes u need pelvic floors of steel, lol.

Vixo - of course Caro would love an elsa costume!

Just been to yoga so had a good stretch. Night shift tomorrow night and Friday night.

Sleep well Caro x

23/06/2014 at 21:55

How about an Elsa cake too Caro? Vixo would love to make you one. Hope the drugs do the job but the sooner you're out of there, the better. Nothing beats your own bed.

Sounds like hubby has finally realised that it's not all about him CC - although somewhat typical that it was Romeo's attention that eventually triggered his interest!

23/06/2014 at 21:58
Caro - hope you get the drugs soon! Make sure you take the max amount of 'regular' painkillers - say yes to the paracetamol, ibuprofen etc - because in their defence, the controlled drugs are a real pain and require 2 nurses to sign them out etc. It's a tricky system - obviously the 'powerful' drugs need to be kept safe, but all the cloak and dagger stuff means that people in pain often end up waiting for what they need.

I'm considering some tena lady equivalent for trampolining sessions!!
23/06/2014 at 22:02

Glad to hear you are doing ok caro. Hope you get a good rest tonight.

Hope this is the start of a road to recovery of your relationship CC. Sounds like it might be quite hard work but hopefully ultimately worth it.

Midsummer weekend involved climbing a local Big Hill. Both kids made it up although the boy fell asleep on the way back down and the girl got a nosebleed and freaked out. Ho hum. a trip to a passing fun fair sorted them both out. 

We ole our trampoline! The kids have 

23/06/2014 at 22:05
I am well aware of that Vixo so I knew my request would not be popular-but tough! I am so tired, have been up since 5.30, had major surgery, and the nurses are still faffing!! It's bed time! And I have a dotty old lady next to me.... this does not bode well.
23/06/2014 at 22:06

Caro - I am glad you are around and sounding ok. Keep the drugs topped up. did the top doc have any other words of wisdom? hope you aren't in too much pain

camlo - well done there for being there for your son. And for not slapping him! He seems like a real cutie tho. In spite of clearly having his moments!!

cc - gosh. is he talking to you again yet?

23/06/2014 at 22:10

Hugs CC. Glad you've at least started to talk about the problem. I know we are all comparing our problems to the hideous ordeal Caro is facing at the moment but I guess we should all remember that just because someone is going through worse than us at the moment it doesn't make our sh1t taste any better. Hope this is the start of you both repairing. 

23/06/2014 at 22:14

Hope you got the heavy duty pain relief Caro. Paracetamol just does not cut it for that kind of pain!

Just read about CC too, blimey. Have you spoken since he went back?

Lotte I biked 40 miles yesterday in 2 hours 40, and was trying hard!! Was by myself though, managed to run 5 miles straight after too. Tired now though after early am swim 2.75km and 6.5 mile plod tonight. So hot here!

Bedtime

23/06/2014 at 22:17

Hope you get your meds very soon Caro. Glad things went well and fingers crossed you are home tomorrow. Really hoping you get some good sleep!! SO good to hear your sister is over as well xxx

CC - good to get things out in the open but as you say needs to continue. REally tough so sending you a hug too. CM's listening comment was so relevant to all of us I think - definitely something I need to remember more!!

Vixo we are getting a trampoline for M for Christmas (she is obsessed with them and desperately wants one. It will be a combined birthday/Christmas present from us and grandparents and I think will be a great source of entertainment when I am endlessly breastfeeding! Although not stoked to hear about pelvic floor issues!! I've had a terrible cough for weeks and its shown how weak mine is eeek!

23/06/2014 at 22:18

TTid Your duplicate post reminds me of the joke "How do you know if someone has an iPhone" - answer "Because they'll tell you".

23/06/2014 at 22:19

Sorry, ruddy gremlins again. 

My sh1t?  Well I certainly wouldn't choose to make a sandwich with it!  ;-)

23/06/2014 at 22:21
TT - only one thing on your mind this evening?!

Caro - hope you get your drugs and some sleep, and the dotty lady doesn't keep you awake!
23/06/2014 at 22:21
Hmm, cross post fail on my part!
23/06/2014 at 22:27
Hoggle - we have got a springfree trampoline - originally from aus I think so might be cheaper down your way? Expensive here, but great size, and what I decided I wanted after looking around. Ours was a combined present from us and both sets of grandparents for all their birthdays this year!! (they did get some smaller presents as well, but neither of the big 2 really asked for anything, so we thought much better to spend the money on something they'll definitely enjoy).
23/06/2014 at 22:43

That's what I'm figuring Vixo. She really really wants one and will love it (at the moment she makes circles out of iceblock sticks on the floor and pretends its a trampoline.

I think the springfree trampoline was invented in NZ. Plenty of second hand ones around but will get a new one. We are doing same with birthday - a few small presents but putting money aside for Christmas. I wanted a trampoline for most of my childhood (used to save up but never get far!). Now that they are springfree and have the nets they can be used by far younger kids so will get a lot of use out of it I think.

23/06/2014 at 22:59

Just popping in to say I'm glad it went well for Caro today and I hope you get some rest.

(PS :  Trampolines are Fab!)

24/06/2014 at 00:15

There's a company here that builds the trampoline into the ground and surrounds it with rubber crumb. They look really good. Might get one ourselves for the boys when we move in to our house. 

24/06/2014 at 02:34
I'm going to kill her.......and all the nurses who can't whisper, and the machines that beep, and the lights that flash!! I can't sleep a wink and that's with the morphine! Argh!
I want my own bed.
24/06/2014 at 06:03
Oh dear Caro, that's crap. Hope you got some sleep in the end. Are they letting you out today?
24/06/2014 at 06:19
I will walk out if they dont!!
Zero sleep, and I can only lie on my back due to pain which doesn't help.
Things like talking blood pressure at 2am are so unnecessary!
Now I want breakfast and to go home. Can guarantee it will take hours.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.