Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

40,501 to 40,520 of 46,043 messages
16/09/2013 at 16:04

Wow Caro, that is amazing. Super speedy lady. I can't even manage that pace normally.

ooppps I just reversed the car into the car port concrete pillar & broke the back light, FFS, so annoyed with my self, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

no exercise done today, feels weird doing nothing. Working a night shift & will be up for about 27 hrs so thought it best to do as little as possible today. Just been trying to keep a toddler happy on a very wet, windy day

its really a depressing thought having to leave for work at 6.20 pm & knowing I won't be back until 9.15 am tomorrow 

yay to joining the gym Tatty. I know the bikes you mean, perfect for a pregnant lady I think!!

16/09/2013 at 17:45

that'll be a 'recumbent' bike then tatty, as RF says, perfect for pregnant lady . Gym is good call before the winter sets in too ... does it have a good crèche?  Lots of stuff you can do while pregnant including very light weights etc too

I have to say, after using my fabby new poles in race on Saturday, I can tell you what is good for bingo wings!!!

RF  to night shift and the gloomy weather, feels like winter here at the mo - was 11 degrees today.  Your efforts at the tri the other week sound fantastic, you are one tough lady.

Caro - you will storm round that course, much to the disgruntlement of those without a load to push I am sure

16/09/2013 at 19:28

Well done CC!  Outrageous to do extra miles though!

Caro - super speedy!

RF - aargh to the car.  So annoying!

TB - you are putting me to shame, not much exercise going on here!

16/09/2013 at 20:33

RF I am thinking of you and hoping it is ok.....and you may not be that speedy - but you do way way more mad things than running a flat as a pancake 10k with a buggy!!

I have heard from Minks on FB that she is doing it too......so now I am glad I will have the buggy excuse  Still have to have the all clear from them but am hopeful.

CC how was your day??  All I heard on radio 2 was Zoe Ball going on and on about how she'd run a whole 13 miles (couldn't even get the distance right) in the GNR yesterday, and how she had to walk downstairs backwards.  You should have e mailed in and said 'well actually I ran 100km yesterday.....)

16/09/2013 at 22:05

... latest rumour has it up to 112 kms!!! So nearer 70 miles plus all the lovely climbing ... 55th out of 86 finishers, plus 18 that DNFd on my course; 7th lady out of 16 ... I'm very happy with that, given I knew I was under-trained for all the descents ... if I could have kept up my pre-school holiday hill training it would have helped!!

Survived school run and work shift this morning OK but started to feel seriously wasted after that, an hour at home then back out for school pick-ups, home for snack, out for swimming, home for tea, out for Cubs didn't help ... thank the Lord for my lovely friend who brings J home from Cubs. Quads feel mega trashed still, triceps sore, calves twanging a little bit and ankles a bit stiff but really it's just the quads, the rest just feel fine which I am amazed about, even more so the no blisters.

Will do race report tomorrow after I've taught Pilates and been out for tea and cake with a friend .

LOL at Zoe Ball, I am proud to say that I have not walked down any stairs backwards from this little escapade

Do hope you get the all clear, can't see why you wouldn't, sounds nice straightforward course.

Off to my bed

Edited: 16/09/2013 at 22:06
16/09/2013 at 23:31

Phew CC you are a machine!!! Your list of things you've done today makes me feel tired and that's without the recovering from 112km tacked on!!!

I'm suffering from severe motivation deficit!! I'm going to Tauranga tomorrow for a meeting, I have to present to a committee on my findings from the first part of the service review I have done - I have been putting off finishing things u for a couple of weeks and now its tomorrow (and I'm driving most of the day) and I'm STILL putting it off! What is wrong with me?!!!

17/09/2013 at 08:26

Urrgghh hubby is in a FOUL mood tonight. He's feeling stressed about his course (doing fine but wants to be the best) and man do I know about it!! I'm actually glad to be escaping for a couple of days for a work trip!!

17/09/2013 at 13:09

Oh dear Hoggle Hope the mojo and a cheerful hubby return soon! Perhaps the break (albeit with work) might do you both good

CC - unfortunately no crèche but I am hoping that with Ben's new job, he will be more flexible with childcare . Definitely off to buy myself some poles now I know they work for bingo wings...surely you haven't got any though?!?

Caro, really hope you get the go-ahead to do the race! 

News is on but I am going to have to turn it over. All about poor little Daniel Pelka

Feeling a bit grumpy today. Lack of sleep to blame! JP came in to me at 5, crying that he had had a nightmare. Fair enough, I thought, but then he tells me it was because h didn't win the Octonauts playset that he has entered a competition for.  He snuggled up to me then, only for him to announce 15 mins later (as I had just drifted back off to sleep) that he had wet himself!!!!!! He NEVER does that! And in my bed!!!!! The cheek of it. Cue stripping of bed etc and didn't then get back to sleep at all because naughty Frances starting kicking! Early nights all round tonight, methinks

17/09/2013 at 13:21

Oh no TB!  Hope you are having a quiet day now!

17/09/2013 at 14:00

Just listening to the Jeremy vine thing on radio 2 about immigrants and they are interviewing a woman who came to the uk with nothing from hong kong and had to walk 4 hrs a day to get to college as she couldn't afford the tram, but she was so determined she did it.  She now runs her own company. They should make people who can't be bothered to work and who are happy on handouts listen to this!

oh dear tatty.  I would not be impressed with that!

17/09/2013 at 19:57

Oh no TB that's not good!!!

had a chat with hubby this morning ahost finding a better way to deal with stress!!!! He apologised for being unreasonable so now I can go away without leaving things unresolved. Looking forwacouple being just me and my audiobook in the car though!

17/09/2013 at 20:07

CC - awesome race, looking forward to your usual epic race report.  I can't believe the 'extra' you ran is way longer than I have run in one go for a long time!

Caro, you are right, people have become so used to their 'entitlements' now, grr.

Driving home last night, I got to within about 150 yards of our house and the road was flooded, there was a fire engine and an ambulance and what looked like a car bumper on the road.  I stopped and one of the members of staff (I live on a gated golf club) came and told me I could drive around the fire engine but to keep to the right side of the road.  I asked what had happened and he pointed to the 'bumper' and explained that a sink hole had opened up and what looked like a bumper was all that was visible of the car that had fallen in.  The lady who was in the car had got out OK thankfully but it has really shaken me up.  I keep thinking about what I would have done if it had been me with both boys strapped in their seats in the back.  It must have happened really quickly, absolutely terrifying.  I think there must have been a water leak which washed away the sand and earth under the road until eventually the tarmac gave way.  Horrible horrible.

Sorry but forgotten all I read now.  Hoggle, hope your husband can get into a better frame of mind.

17/09/2013 at 20:09

X post Hoggle, glad you have talked things over.

17/09/2013 at 20:44

Oh no TT, that is scary.  Hopefully just a one off! I often wonder what I would do with three of them if anything happened when we were driving somewhere!

18/09/2013 at 00:52

Oh TT that is scary, there are a number of collapsed mineworkings 

around here which scare living daylights out of me. One is big hole 

with very noisy waterfall inside it that is all fenced off at side of a 

trail. One is local rd that was closed a couple of yrs back bcos 

big patch of rd sunk, but it gets used by walkers and runners (me) u just run around the sunken bit very quickly. The third happened 

long time ago in local village 2miles from me, the kids playground collapsed into an old mine 

and 2 children died. It was infilled and is now a memorial garden 

for the 2 children and the victims of a train crash that happened in same 

village. It does make u a bit freaked out some times, thinking the ground could just open up and swallow u.

18/09/2013 at 07:17

Ooh JT did you have Tatiana?  She looked very calm and relaxing!!  Some of the others were a bit keen on it being medical I thought but she was even getting stressed about the chance of the placenta being retained!

18/09/2013 at 09:30

i thought the warm towels thing was a bit 'woo'. but i guess anything that helps / distracts at that point is probably a good idea. didn't catch the whole program, but did wonder why they were ALL on their backs on the bed. and the girl that was told to get back on the bed because 'you don't want to have your baby on the floor'. errr... I had E on the floor. no-one told me i couldn't! and you couldn't have persuaded me to move if you'd wanted me to. although the midwife did say 'I think we do need to take your trousers off before baby's born into them' and I wasn't happy about moving to do that either - haha. but then this was a home birth...

18/09/2013 at 10:00

Must remember to download it onto the i pad before my flight tomorrow.  Can't believe I'm going and will be child free for a whole week........Of course Eric has suddenly become very 'mummy mummy mummy' so I think he's going to be a sad boy

Got my 5k race on Sat with big sis - don't know anything about it, hope it's flat!  Then Sat afternoon we are going to riverfest - an all afternoon/evening all you can eat/drink music festival down by the river, with tonnes of crab to eat - yummy! 

18/09/2013 at 11:06

Ooh, exciting, Caro! Hope you have a great time. Whenever I have had time away from JP, he was even more cuddly when I arrived home. He is definitely a mummy's boy too, but absolutely fine when I was away

TTid, that is so scary . It does make you think sometimes when things like that happen. Hope you are otherwise OK at the moment x

JT, how cool to see your MW on the telly! I love mine so much - shame that it won't be her when I have the baby. She is a bit scatty but very experienced and really puts me at ease. 

CM, hope your house is vom free...LOL at the trousers! 

Just about recovered from my tired day yesterday I was zonked out by about 9.30! 

18/09/2013 at 13:54

yes, we are vom free, and if she voms now, it won't be my problem as they are with T. although the last time there was vom there, it was awful and he didn't clean it up and then everyone ended up being ill for ages. so in a way i would rather it was here so i can bleach the hell out of everything!

just had a VERY funny moment. walked down into the village to try and get my prescription (pharmacist on lunch - argh). anyway, on the way back, i walked past an elderly lady with an equally elderly dog. they were in the middle of the pavement, so i went around the outside, and as i walked past, she noticed me and pulled her dog out of my way. i said 'thank you', and she said, in a cheery but doddery voice 'that's alright my darling'. there was then a pause and she said in a still doddery but very much louder voice 'nice ARSE'. i actually laughed out loud at that! she was 80 if she was a day! perchance a bit senile? but when you're old, why not say disgraceful things, eh?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.