Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

40,621 to 40,640 of 46,036 messages
01/10/2013 at 16:14

Berlin - that sounds a grand ballot to enter, not one for big city marathons, but I think if I was to ever do one again, it would be a city somewhere other than the UK ...

01/10/2013 at 19:57

CC at my Park Run on Sat they said in their blurb at the beginning that any kids under a certain age neeed to run with an adult, and I can't remember if it was 7 or 11......I remember thinking it was quite old.

Pilates time now  -I promise not to spend the whole class gossiping!

01/10/2013 at 20:24

Caro - your break sounded fab. Enjoy pilates. Missing my pilates/gossip sessions this last couple of weeks. My instructor (friend) has gone away for another shot at IVF so fingers crossed for her.

Sorry to hear you are struggling with injury CC. It is SO hard to not run isn't it. I have resisted a run or a bike but no choice in the matter really, honestly my quads are really trashed so there is no point in trying, I just couldn't physically run yet. I will try the bike tomorrow though. Tried to do some core work today and couldn't even hold a plank as my legs were too weak! Went for a good long coastal yomp today, all on my own which was very strange. Legs def felt better after it.

Oh my your poor friend CC.

I really enjoyed the Great Glen and BaM who organise it are top guys. I would be tempted to do it again except that I would also like to try the WHW, but the problem with the WHW  is the whole support issue is just a damn faff! Yes will give you the low down for sure. I am thinking of the Highland Fling so will be wanting to quiz you on that one!

TattyB - woo hoo to Berlin. My running buddy ran it on on Sunday (3.25) but she said the congestion was a total nightmare. She loved the atmosphere, crowd support and finishing through the Brandenburg Gates but found it really very hard to set and stick to a pace. 

01/10/2013 at 21:11

I ran Berlin marathon - loved it! Although it was HOT!!! It was 27 degrees! I didn't find it too congested but that was about 4 years ago and no ballot then so maybe numbers were lower. Really great atmsphere etc!

im at Auckland airport waiting for flight to Napier. V sad to say good by to my baby for 5 days but happily hubby is  excited about his time  with Matilda! Helps that he's on holiday from his course and very relaxed! 

Worms ewwwwwwww not looking forward to that stuff.....

01/10/2013 at 21:33

I am so lucky, never had worms or nits, or any other horrible beastie 

type thing. Neither me, any of my kids or step kids and we'v only had 

1 case of nits amongst minded kids which didn't spread beyond 

the one child. And I have minded a lot of kids in the last 16 yrs. 

Both my girls always had wild hair and are nail biters so 

u would think they would have gotten both worms and nits, but no. 

I don't understand why not and why other kids get plagued by them, perfectly hygienic, well 

looked after kids. 

01/10/2013 at 21:52

my daughter seems to be a magnet for anything - it's always her that gets the worms, no-one else in the family (and I swear she's way more hygienic than her brother!), the only time we got nits was the week the kids spent sleeping in a room with a kid who unbeknownst to me had nits - given they were swapping beds and all the sleeping bags were the same it was inevitable. She gets bitten by every insect going (and reacts to them) and seems to be the only one who gets ticks too!!!

Hoggle - that sounds rather blissful dare I say it??!

God JT, that sounds absolutely horrendous; I know for a fact there are a couple of similarish scenarios going on at our school at the moment.

Lotte - walk sounds a good plan.  Can well imagine the state of your legs!! I couldn't balance properly when doing my Pilates classes the week after the ultra. I think the problem for me was that because nothing else especially ached, apart from the quads, I just assumed all was well - how very very stupid ... even now (into 3rd week post-race) if S sits on my quads they hurt so I mashed them good and proper!!! Frustrating as legs actually feeling quite sprightly!!

You will yomp the Highland Fling I think, middle section is gnarly with tree-roots etc and Conic Hill but rest is just undulating and much of the trail is good hard-packed stuff, Conic will mash quads if you are not prepared as is steep but I think the path has been improved since I last did it. Was the support crew cr*p that made me pull out of the WHW this year - was causing more stress than the training!!

Am doing Highlander Mountain marathon with a friend next year - usually same weekend as Fling so won't be doing that. Have told husband that I absolutely am putting in the Ballot for the UTMB (North Face Ultra Trail Mont Blanc) next year though as my points from SDW still count until end of this year.  Obv have to get through ballot, but worth a try.

Evening Pilates students much more focussed .  Need to go and prep stuff for my class in the church tmrw morning.

After dealing with double-homework tonight I am pooped so away to my bed

And finally, husband now back in country again and returns home on Thursday evening, think we've all forgotten what he looks like

01/10/2013 at 22:35

JT really sounds like class from hell?  Is whole school like it or just your class?  

02/10/2013 at 20:03

What JT!  Mad!  Did you watch The Midwives this week? Tatiana was on again and it was all high dependency births, including a lady who caught her baby as it popped out when she stood up!

sounds like your class are tno much work, how odd to have so many behavioural issues.  We have 'naughty Harry' in Martha's class but to be honest he is probably not that bad!

02/10/2013 at 20:46

Cool, I would love to have a baby pop out! 

Blimey, JT - on both fronts! Can't believe that you had been discharged. Good that the midwife was on the ball to sort it out for you. I'm at clinic tomorrow so should know more about what's what. 'Frances' is currently turning somersaults and seems to have been doing so all day, so I think I have a lively one on my hands! 

Yay to hubby coming home, CC. Do you find though that you end up arguing loads in the first few days after he comes back?! It might just be me, but Ben and I always seem to rub ech other up the wrong way for a little while until we adjust back! I think I get used to doing things a particular way and then he comes along and ruins it all (and throws dirty pants on the floor etc ). I wouldn't be without him though  

02/10/2013 at 22:41

TB - yup, we argue away, and then just as we are settling down he's off again!!! He usually arrives home Fri eve and goes Sun eve, weekends are way better when he comes home on Thur eve ... we get to spend Friday fighting and then the weekend generally passes more pleasantly!!!  Totally agree about doing things your own way etc, have learnt to let go at the weekend as I know come Monday it's back to same old, same old!!  But yes, as said, wouldn't be without though for sure

Christ JT, that sounds a really unfortunate mix for you, and like you say, hard for the rest of the class. As for the muppet of a consultant , thank goodness for switched on midwifes!!

Pilates finished for the week, just a library shift tomorrow to go, looking forward to Friday with nothing (except revision and arguing with hubby ).

Ran today - whoops! About 5 miles, very easy and no big ups or downs. Felt fine during run, bit niggly now but nothing like before so fingers crossed.

Right, horribly PMT-ish and need my bed

03/10/2013 at 07:10

Omg tmi. Gp prescribed antifungals for my toenail. Have been taking them about 2 weeks and have got really bad constipation which isn't like me as I am normally extremely regular!! Anyway got some dulcolax last night as was really uncomfortable all day and had indigestion and felt sick. Bloody hell did they work. on the sodding bog constantly since 2am. Supposed to be driving to reading but daren't - 100 miles in this state?!?? It will be q funny when I have recovered. At the moment it is extraordinarily painful. 

03/10/2013 at 08:00

Oh no CM! Hope you feel better soon!

03/10/2013 at 08:30

Oh no CM. That's not good. Hope body calms down soon. 

03/10/2013 at 23:05

Ok I killed the thread with my poo-trollery 

04/10/2013 at 04:14

Hahaha whoever said 5 days away sounds blissful (cc maybe) couldn't be further from the truth!!! We're in Napier which is beautiful, prime winery country, 20 degrees plus outside, lovely hotel across the road from the beach - sounds amazing right? except I've had to start going for a 6am walk otherwise I dont see any daylight from 7.15am until 10pm - inside a sports centre with no windows!! Bloody busy but such long days.

I'm enjoying it although having to be v careful of my back. Hubby says M keeps asking me when I'm coming home which makes me sad but I'm reminding myself that this is a small price to pay for having a full time job that gives me so much flexibility and afternoons with Matilda.

not really had time to read back - hope everyone is ok

04/10/2013 at 21:16

poo trollery hehehe. Hope it has stopped now! Fab running as usual folks and grr to class JT. 

not reading much, not running much (at all), not doing anything really. Should be packing for holiday (Monday grancanaria) but nan really poorly and can't think about anything else. 

04/10/2013 at 21:43

camlo (())

04/10/2013 at 21:57

Oh poor you camlo, sad for all but I hope you manage to get a decent, well deserved break.  We are thinking about gran canaria over Easter-have you been before?  Will quiz you after!

park run in the morning

Boo to Poo!

04/10/2013 at 22:05

Hugs camlo. X

05/10/2013 at 07:46

((camlo))

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.