Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

40,621 to 40,640 of 47,591 messages
16/04/2013 at 08:26
EF - thinking of you and keeping all fingers crossed that everything stays ok.

Caro - glad to hear your sister is ok. What awful events.
16/04/2013 at 08:39

Oh no EF, thinking of you too and hoping all well. xx

16/04/2013 at 08:46
Hell EF that must have been terrifying for you!! Glad you are in the right place now and hope everything is ok! Take care!!
16/04/2013 at 09:11

OMG what an awful night. So glad you are OK EF, was terrified for you when I read your post. take it easy please.

And so glad your sis is OK. I can't quite believe anyone would do that to a marathon race. All those kids watching parents. I can't quite believe it. Am rather worried now about my family coming to watch me??  I am sure it will be OK but its playing on mind somewhat, along with that 8 yr old boy who died .

On a different note. CM if you are reading or JT. I have just claimed a family voucher for Caldicot castle on 5th May on Groupon. Wondered if you fancied it? Its valid for 3 more days.

16/04/2013 at 10:04
EF - that must have been terrifying. Glad all is ok. Hang on in there Little Flump, we're all dying to meet you but not until full term please.

Caro, can't imagine what you went through while waiting to hear about your sister. So glad she is safe and well. What kind of sickos target a sporting event like that? I really hope they find out who is behind it before Sunday as if it is a home-grown US thing then at least those of you running in London can get some comfort that there will be no danger there.

Os did well tonight, from about 8:00 to 4:30, just need to work on pushing back that last feed. Unfortunately though Max got up in the middle of the night and got into bed with us. Wouldn't have been a problem if he went off to sleep but he was fidgety and kept us awake. I took him back to bed and had just nodded off when he came in again saying he wanted a cuddle from Daddy. We sent him back to bed which was absolutely heartbreaking to hear him wailing 'I want a cuddle with Daddy' as he walked back to his room
16/04/2013 at 10:07
One of my friends went into hospital yesterday to be induced. She must be about 39-40 weeks I think but has had terrible PUPPPS (I think they call it PEPS in uk?). Still waiting to hear but as of about 7:00 last night she was still waiting. Can't wait to meet the little fella!
16/04/2013 at 10:22

EF ((   )))  Glad you and baby both OK though.  Have texted you and Andy to say if theres anything I can do to help out just give me a shout. Happy to have Lou, come look after her at yours, come visit if you're in ERI for few days, etc etc.  Thinking of you all - hugs.

16/04/2013 at 10:30

Oh EF hope you are ok, havn't been on here until now.  Fingers crossed everything is ok, how many weeks left?  One of my June mum's from last year had a lot of bleeding and gave birth early but Thomas is a bouncing boy now despite being I think 8 weeks before due date.  

16/04/2013 at 10:52

oh EF - i do hope all is well. you poor love. what an absolute shock for you.

terrible news from boston - can't take it in really

i'm afraid i don't have the kids that sunday, MM. i'm in the dales on a walking weekend with N and his friends that weekend anyway. would have been good otherwise. caldicot castle is lovely.

16/04/2013 at 11:07

Likewise, my good friend down South had lots of bleeding from five months in to the end. It became a standing joke on a Friday eve that I would get a call from her ... something along the lines of 'guess where I am' 'oh, that'll be St Peters then?' ... when he eventually arrived, several days late, it was a Friday of course!!!  Anyway, hope baby Flump continues to stay put and stay well.

So many worrying tales at the moment ... my mum just called to say that my cousins little boy, three weeks old, has got to go in for chemotherapy  ... he was born with a large strawberry mark on his lip, but lumps came up all over his body ... and it's melanoma ... cannot imagine a lad that wee going through chemo, he's already had an MRI and several general anasthetics too.  such a horrible horrible time for my cousin and his wife too. Was just about to send off package with card and a couple of small presents too - bit undecided what to do ...

I think if I was down to run London at the weekend I would still do it - if we back down they have succeeded. 

Three miles done on dreadmill this morning, hopefully another 3-4 later. Pilates class No. 1 taught, off for quick cuppa with a friend before more jobs ...

16/04/2013 at 11:26
Oh cc your poor friends that's awful.

I'm ok. It just happened so soon on the back of Paul and Alanna that I immediately thought that's it. Not least because it was literally pouring out of me. Anyway it's stopped now. Scan at 12.05 - more detailed one on better equipment downstairs and they will see what they can see. Last night they said it looks like the placental wall or was it ledge and thought they cld see a haematoma there. Baby heartbeat still strong and he's bouncing around too.
16/04/2013 at 11:30

CC - that is so sad, I hope they are able to do something. 

16/04/2013 at 11:50
'he' EF? Is that a clue for us??!! Hope all looks ok on the scan, and you can get home soon.....but enjoy the rest while you're there!

Still can't get O to take a bottle. I've been trying virtually daily and am running out of time and options! I've ordered a couple of cartons of formula to be delivered with our shopping today to see if she's interested, but after that I'm all out of ideas. She's certainly a stubborn little madam!
16/04/2013 at 14:05

Gosh I had no idea you could be born with melanoma.

Hope scan was ok EF.

Oh dear Vixo.....starvation?  Bit harsh I know.........

So my sister was in a bar a couple of blocks away from the finish line, and heard nothing.  Then a waitress came and told them and the tvs were turned on, and they stayed there till they were evacuated.  Fortinately she was already booked on a bus to leave so I think it was all quite straightforward.

Just heard some Boston reporter interviewed on radio 4.  Apparently the little boy who died had just seen his dad, who was running.  He'd run up to him and given him a hug, then his dad ran on to collect bags etc, and the boy went back to his mum.  He died, his sister lost a leg and his mum was seriously hurt.  

16/04/2013 at 14:21

OMG that breaks my heart!

16/04/2013 at 14:28

No words to describe, just horrific, and as MM says, utterly heartbreaking

16/04/2013 at 15:26
Oh god that's just heartbreaking.
16/04/2013 at 15:40
Scan as good as poss. Am now randomly on a ward with two folk getting waters broken, neither speak English. Other lady has had her baby who is screaming just now. The bleed seems to be from haematoma and is still a small one there so may well bleed again or if lucky it will re absorb. It is however sitting on top of cervix right next to placenta which is further over cervix than suggested at 20 wk. if doesn't move then it's a definite c section. Whatever. I don't care, I just want to not have to go in an ambulance again!!
16/04/2013 at 18:21
Vixo - what about you go out and someone else tries bottle?
16/04/2013 at 18:37

I'm guessing she's tried that.......

I'm always amazed by the fact that they put women with potential complications with women who are cuddling newborn babies.  Seems a bit unfair.  Even if you have to stay in bed for the next 3 months EF, it will be worth it!  Didn't Vixo have a haematoma with O?  Not sure if she had bleeding though.

So I have an appt next Mon with the Osteo my friends have recommended.   £80 for a first hr long appt......I am trying not to think about that part!!  Then I have an appt with my gp the following Mon just incase she can suggest something else, or the osteo thinks I should see anyone else.  Am back on the non steroidals, and I haven't had to take them for months.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.