Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

40,681 to 40,700 of 45,864 messages
09/10/2013 at 20:15

Is he quite tall caro? My friend's wee girl didn't move at all til 18 mths and nothing wrong. No crawling even. So as long as he is moving in some way I would give him a bit longer before worrying. tho I would of course worry if he were mine, it's easy to advise when not yours!!

09/10/2013 at 20:52

Wow fab brews Brookie. Haha autocorrect from news but brews is good too. You did brew a good one! After all that worry

i think hyper mobility is queried with late walking sometimes?

09/10/2013 at 20:54

Wonderful news to wake up to this morning Brookie!!!

09/10/2013 at 20:57

Yay Brookie! Huge congrats xx

09/10/2013 at 21:30

Well done Brookie! 

Does he speak or make speaking noises Caro? My friends girl has been "diagnosed" with Global delayed development which is a bit of an umbrella term I think for they aren't sure what's up. She doesn't speak (she is 3.5) and is very tactile and didnt walk until she was over 2. 

09/10/2013 at 21:39

Congratulations Brookie!  Love the name Isaac too 

Not sure on the walking thing Caro, I guess if he's cruising then he is on his way, I'd be more worried if he was still crawling or not even that.  Was he a bum shuffler at all?  They are usually late walkers.

09/10/2013 at 21:52

not overly tall but heavy I'd say.  He's baby no 4 (this is my amazing cousin who's lost huge amounts of weight for those of you on the 2013 tri challenge FB thing) so I don't think she's as worried as if it were no 1 and she was comparing him to all her friends babies.  He crawls fine and fast, haven't seen him in a while so not sure about talking. He's only 2 months older than Eric so I have the milestones to compare, otherwise I'd have no idea what a 22 month old should be doing / saying!  She took him to the dr and they said re ch in a month if still not walking.  

09/10/2013 at 21:56

Soooooooooooo  good to read a positive thread on this site , I had nearly given up !!

09/10/2013 at 22:11

Congratulations Brookie!  Nice normal weight in the end, hope you are all doing well! Xx

Hi Casey!  We are a relatively happy lot here!

Caro, I suppose she should just check back with the doc if no progress is happening but cruising etc all sounds good.  We were with my friend today and her little boy is still not walking and is a month older than Benedict who by now is v solid on his feet at nearly 16 months. Sounds like a lovely day out!

09/10/2013 at 22:21

You really are !! read the threads and thought yep !!!

My sister has a 2yr old , can I compare him please

09/10/2013 at 22:25
Well done Brookie!!
10/10/2013 at 04:25

Fab news from Brookie, congratulations and welcome to Isaac. Pictures please as its been a while since our last forum baby (was it wee Fraser?) and I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms

Caro, sounded like a brilliant day, and you even managed to run. 

Mr TT been away again since Monday but getting back late tonight. Getting tired of all this single mum time but I know he doesn't enjoy being away either so can't complain. 

Happy birthday Hoggle. Hope you had a lovely day. 

Have the most annoying cough at the moment. Not productive but has gone to my chest. Have sore sides from coughing.

OK enough moaning from me, hope Camlo is having a good holiday. 

Hi Casey, come on in and join the fun!

10/10/2013 at 11:01

Hi Casey  

Caro - if he's particularly efficient at crawling, he probably won't want to switch to something much slower! JP's god mum's little girl didn't walk until she was 2.5 because she was an amazing bum shuffler. She took her to be checked out afte she turned 2 and nothing was found to be amiss. It's good she has the benefit of experience and isn't stressing about it though. I remember beng really worried about JP because he didn't roll over or sit up for ages, but then in the space of two weeks, he started crawling and was walking about a month after that. I find it fascinating how the rate of development is so individual 

Hugs to TTid! I will be on single mum duty from tonight until late on Sunday too. I would say I would console myself with wine, but erm... Dark choc will have to do! 

Finally got the new car . Aside from the short test drive I had in it, I had never driven an automatic until I drove it home just now...was a bit scary to start but feeling very proud of myself!

10/10/2013 at 21:08

Hi all you mummys

I have to look after my 2year old nephew this weekend (oh heck) all by myself

Sister and hubby ready for a nite out .......

10/10/2013 at 22:19

So are you a running Auntie then Casey2?

10/10/2013 at 23:28

2 yrs olds are fine. It isn't like they can tantrum for hours or put iPhones down toilets or phone 999 and tell the operator they have an upsydaisy with hiccups. Or lose blankie and vomit in hysteria. Or put a piece of Lego up their nose and turn purple. ahhh you'll be fine

11/10/2013 at 11:04

ha ha CM!  One 2 year old should be easy Casey.  Especially if its asleep!

11/10/2013 at 14:21

Medised.........

11/10/2013 at 14:22

If only they still sold it!!!

11/10/2013 at 19:31

Te He Te he .............u have so made me laugh , I just feel a bit nervous about looking after the little blighter by myself , he should be in bed yeeemy sister and hubby desperate for a night out by themselves and why shouldn't they ............

And yes I am a running aunty

U lot have been welcoming and helpful so taaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.