Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

40,701 to 40,720 of 47,084 messages
18/04/2013 at 23:56
mmmmmm cornflake cake........
19/04/2013 at 10:23

huge amounts of good luck, sprightly legs, settled tummies, clear heads and positive vibes to all who are racing this weekend.  my friend is supposed to be doing her first mara in llanelli this weekend and came down with D&V yesterday and couldn't keep water down. she still has diarrhoea today and i think she knows she can't do it. how absolutely gutting for her. .

have had a truly unpleasant time in london this week. not london's fault  but all to do with the solution director and client manager that i'm working with. they are truly obnoxious people. the solution director is very shouty and stressy and won't let me get a word in edgeways. everytime i tried to open my mouth yesterday he mouthed a 'shh' to me. he is so controlling. the client manager just sews confusion everywhere as she has no idea what she is doing. she is also very rude and abrupt. so all in all it's truly awful. i am back there again next week too. waaaaah

19/04/2013 at 11:13

Just popping in to wish our Marathon competitors all the best.

Sadly I won't be joining you - I gave it all I could in training but I realised that something was badly wrong with me when I started getting slower and more tired instead of faster! I've just had a blood test to find out what is wrong with me so fingers crossed that it can be fixed.

I'll be out on the course as it goes past the end of my road so I'll look out for you all.

I'm glad that meeting me and Angelicals was one of the nicer aspects of doing the London marathon CC. It was lovely to meet both of you too!

Belated happy BIG birthday to Karen.

Good news on the peak flow JT

19/04/2013 at 12:50
RB good to see you. Hope the tests don't reveal anything serious. Didn't you have some health concerns last year?

I wanted to add my good wishes to all running this weekend. Hope some of you manage to meet up. Looking forward to hearing all about it.
19/04/2013 at 13:50
The news from Boston this morning should be some comfort to the London runners. Hope they get the second one alive to find out why they did it.
19/04/2013 at 15:01

Hello. Not had a chance to post for ages. The holidays were so busy and we sort of had a no computers rule, we were away in the caravan and had visitors (BIL and family). I did have sneaky peaks at my phone to read I can't post on my phone for some reason. Then back to school on tuesday and yep, as CC says, its been a bit manic ever since. Plus it is so hard to catch up properly when you haven't been on for a while!

Feeling quite envious of the London crew. ITs not my favourite race but then when it comes around and there is all the hype you do miss not being there. Anyway I hope you all have brilliant runs, smash your targets and enjoy the day. Looking forward to following progress and hearing race reports. Can't believe its a year since Janie, Caro, PP, EF, Karen and I met up at VLM

Hope you find out whats up RB but that its nothing serious.

Belated birthday wishes to Karen on the big 40!

Take it easy EF, sorry to hear of your scare but glad all ok. I had two big bleeds with Dylan, at 15 and 19 weeks. Scared the bejesus out of me. First one I called the Dr in the middle of the night (you could then-a-days!) and she came and did an examination and said I was having a m/c get to hospital. Then the bleeding stopped and I had to wait until lunchtime the next day for a scan which showed all was ok. What an agonising wait. Low lying placenta but it moved up and didn't have any more bother after the 19 week bleed.

Have had a niggly knee for past week or so, so been on low (for me) mileage. 55 miles last week and nothing longer than 10 miles. Then today I went to see how far I could get and felt no pain so ended up bashing out a totally unfueled 20 miles this morning. Well wobbly by the end given I'd had nothing to eat since 6pm last night, was wishing I'd had carbs with my tea thats for sure. Pleased to have it in the bag though as hubby is away this weekend to some coaching workshop in Inverness so no other chance to attempt it.. Had almost given up on the idea of doing Edinburgh marathon in 5 weeks time but maybe there is still hope! Have a 15 mile trail race at Balmoral next weekend so will see how that goes and then make a decision.

Sorry not to name check everyone else. Will try to keep up from now on

19/04/2013 at 17:22

Happy Birthday Karen!  Well done on getting the last of the cake!

Hope everything is okay RB, one of my friends here has just had glandular fever, fingers crossed whatever they find is minor.

Good luck to everyone for Sunday - we have the inlaws here so I doubt I will see much of it unfortunately.

CM - some of your colleagues sound like utter muppets!

Hello Lotte!

19/04/2013 at 19:11

Am sure I'll be on here before tomorrow evening, but adding to all the other GOOD LUCK wishes to you, may you all fly round

RB - hope nothing serious, but glad to hear you are having a blood test as slowing down etc NOT good.

Lotte - good to hear from you, am sure if you recover properly you will be fine for Edinburgh, just make sure you've got all the ultra out of your legs - ie when they feel proper sprightly again. Wow to the unplanned 20-miler though!

I did 14 today, was originally planning an 18-miler but after yesterdays impromptu hilly 10, the day after the hill reps with 7 miles, I just knew I was asking for trouble!!! So I've run five days in a row this week and hoping to get an easy 6-8 in on Sunday. Mad weekend what with orienteering tomorrow and I am helping with the running of it and hubby out for his usual 60-mile bike ride on Sunday before departing in the afternoon, so knew I needed to get long run done today!

S had her first tennis lesson after school today - loved it so much she was crying as she didn't want it to end!

J & S had a fab assembly this morning - up int he woods to celebrate end of their Spring watch week. So lovely with the sun streaming through, but freezing. Lots of lovely sunshine now though and almost warm!!

CM - that sounds dreadful, boo to having to work with such imbeciles, and double-boo to having to go back for more next week.

For those of you not tieing yourself in knots about racing on Sunday, have a good weekend, for those racing, keep up the carb-loading.

And yes Lotte, know what you mean about not likeing the race but getting pangs when everyone else is doing it!!! I think my dislike of London is well documented but I do love the buzz about it.

19/04/2013 at 20:04

Good Luck!!  See you in Rotherhithe

19/04/2013 at 20:41
Good luck all!!!

Cc - quick question! Thinking of going to a local orienteering event tomorrow, they've got yellow, orange courses, (plus the rest!) which do you think would be the best to start with?

Karen - Happy Belated Birthday!

Rb - hope you're on the mend soon! Don't like to think of you as just 'Bear'!

Cm - grr!!!!

Lotte - you will taper won't you. I'm sure you storm it. Am I right in thinking Edinburgh is a quick course with a lovely large section of downhill? I'm guessing there must be an uphill somewhere though...

Kinsey -woohoo to sleep!

Got on my bike today. Felt great so hopefully can strengthen up legs ready to run again. Didn't help I missed my clip on the drive and fell off . Knee telling me about it now!
19/04/2013 at 20:47
Feeling the pangs of not racing VLM too. But at least I know I CAN'T do it this year but can watch it. Stupid phone STILL won't load RW. EF what phone and what network are ou on? I'm O2 and iPhone 4. Wonder if it's our wifi or network or something. Even iPad is sloooooooowwwww.

Lovely to hear from u lotte. If u do Edinburgh u will be so fast it's such a fast course.

Boo to rubbish bosses and carp London trips. Yay to unplanned 20 miles and new runs with friends and famous dogs! V impressed. Didn't realise she lived in Scotland!

Sorry not to name check everyone but my bed is calling. Sure I'll post before then but if not GOOD LUCK everyone for Sunday and hopefully I'll see you all running!
19/04/2013 at 22:17
Brookie it's finally loaded - I have iPhone 4S but I'm on orange. I have no idea what's going on!!
19/04/2013 at 22:31
We have chosen our NT property for tomorrow. Going to Ightham Mote in Kent. Bizarre name, no idea how to pronounce it but it looks lovely, and only an hr away. Looks like the sun is going to shine too

Hi RB. I kept meaning to ask if you were running this yr. hope all well and little B is well.

Matilda has her first gymnastics in the morning, hope its good.

First day at new job no 2 went well I think. Had one client who told me to my face that she was disappointed I wasn't the normal vet, but c'est la vie. They'll have to get used to me! Walked rond highbury fields at lunch time.
19/04/2013 at 22:36

JT - depends if you are going on your own or taking the kids?  On a Full Colour Coded event WHITE is the absolute easiest, then YELLOW, ORANGE, etc.  If it is a guide, J will go round YELLOW courses on his own now, after a year or so of me shadowing/advising him; S can do a WHITE with me shadowing her. I can get round an orange just fine, light green provides more challenge and I usually make stupid mistakes but mainly cos I can't run and read map at same time.  First time I did one on my own I did an orange, figured better not to go too hard and make a total hash of it.  If with kids the definitely YELLOW. Not all courses are created equal and there is the distance to consider too.  Just bear in  mind the scale of the map - nothing like a normal OS map ... good luck though, hope you enjoy.  YAY to the biking, looking good

19/04/2013 at 22:51
Good luck everyone! CM summed it up v well!!!Sad I won't be able to watch - will keep an eye out for a snippet on the news.
Wet wet wet here - luckily off to coffee group now. No plans for Sunday - hoping its fine so we can get outside.
Hope M enjoys gymnastics Caro. I will get M to go to a per-school session in a year or so but have interesting conundrum - part of my job is to work with the local gymnastics clubs. One of them has a properly odd guy running it. I work with him a lot so he would be offended if I don't send M there but no way I would want her in a session with him!!! Ah well maybe he'll retire!
Hope you all have fab weekends xxx
20/04/2013 at 08:09
Ooh, good reminder Caro. Was thinking we should go to mottisfont tomorrow, which is our nearest NT place. You pronounce it like 'item'!

Today I am planning to get as many loads of washing as possible done and hung out in the garden. I live a proper rock and roll lifestyle!!
20/04/2013 at 10:00

Vixo - that's my aim too!

Been reading but not much time to post so just a quickie to say good luck to all you marathon runners tomorrow.  Sooooo pleased they've caught the second suspect so we can all enjoy it properly tomorrow.

Hubby let me have a nice lie-in this morning till 9.15   Better get dressed I suppose!

Glad you're ok EF, take it easy.

CM - boo to irritating male colleagues!

Sorry to anyone I've missed, enjoy the sunshine if you're lucky enough to have it 

20/04/2013 at 17:26
whoops - got to London & went straight to expo, walked lots and drank too many beers last night. Woke this morning, skipped breakfast and walked too much again. Finally put my foot down and said I was going back to hotel for a sleep so now sat in bed trying to rest a bit! Had a full running evaluation at the expo - generally good but right side is tighter and has less movement than left so I have stretches to do. Was so grateful they did it for free when normal cost would be ??165!
Not really nervous but will be glad to get it done and going to glue myself to the 9mm pacer.
Hope everyone is OK!
RB I am wearing a red and white vest with red deely boppers! Please give me a shout!
20/04/2013 at 20:36

good luck camlo and hope my logistics advice works out!

also MM, JohBo, minks and who else?

fab night's camping last night. only made it as far as llantwit major which is only a few miles from cardiff - as M4 was stuffed westbound with 11 miles of stationery traffic. didn't fancy that, so we went for a campsite closer by. had lovely walk on the beach last night and i ran similar route this morning. then we went to merthyr mawr - area of huge sanddunes including the highest in europe - this morning and had lovely walk. cream tea for lunch (!) and home then for cleaning and wine and crisps as the sun went down in the garden. nice day

20/04/2013 at 20:37

oh and RW won't load on my phone either

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.