Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

40,701 to 40,720 of 45,770 messages
11/10/2013 at 20:42

Casey you'll be fine - I luuuuurve babysitting nowadays.  Kids are generally in bed and I get a few hours of total peace and quiet to read my book.  The babysitter rule is of course that you can raid the fridge and that your sister will have a wide array of goodies for you

Medised.  Ah how I miss thee.

11/10/2013 at 20:56

Oh well done EF , ok look out fridge here I come lol

Is it acceptable to have a glass of wine ?

11/10/2013 at 21:18

Erm, totally.  i may not be setting a good example though

11/10/2013 at 21:21

lol lol oh yes you are lol

11/10/2013 at 21:33

Oh yes, the fridge is fair game!  If it's your sister or a friend then I say yes yes yes to wine.  I wouldn't be happy with a relative stranger turning up and boozing though.

Does anyone fancy popping to Florida at the weekend?  I'm looking for a sitter in Port St Lucie on Monday and Tuesday.  It's south Florida so the weather will be luverly and we are renting a villa in a place with a lovely pool......  Struggling to find someone at the moment.  It's at times like this that you really miss having family nearby.

11/10/2013 at 21:40

Lol at CM's voice of painful experience!

11/10/2013 at 21:41

What time do i need to be there ? lol

11/10/2013 at 22:03

Would love to be able to pop to a villa in south florida!  i have wasted hours looking for flights and apts in gran canaria over Easter and really can't get inspired by the place.  It just seems such a lot of money for 1 wk away and the hassle factor of kids, flights, car hire etc.  It will end up more expensive than our 2 wks in France over the summer.    So camlo, when you come back you need to tell me the place was amazing, and well worth it and tell me where to stay, but at the moment I'm being a grump about the whole thing and CBA!

will catch up with minks on Sunday at out 10k in what looks like pissing rain.  The kids will love the fun run......

11/10/2013 at 22:22

would also love to pop over to a villa in South Florida ... whilst there was a stunning sunset here on the Moray Firth tonight, it's bliddy freezing!!! Went for a gorgeous run on coastal path tonight while husband covered kids tea, and had hat AND gloves on ... neglected to take head torch though, won't be making that mistake again, heath gets very confusing at dusk with steamed up glasses!!!

Medised - yes, a loss indeed RIP

Like you EF, happily babysit for friends for that peace and quiet ... no jobs to do in someone else's house!!

Orienteering in the morning for this family

Caro - took a leaf out of your book today, after I got back from work shift, dragged husband out for lunch at our favourite café down in Findhorn. Glorious in autumn sunshine

11/10/2013 at 23:11

to online ticket booking.  aaaaaaaaaaaaargh.  I want two hours of my life back please and I still don't own the frigging Lion King tickets.  Have just transferred £157 to my mother to go and get them tomorrow instead.  The flaming price of them is enough to get me riled never mind when I can't actually get them.  But as for ticketmaster's £4.50 booking fee per ticket PLUS a processing fee still to be added after.....no way so tried a different website.  In fairness I think it's a Halifax/BOS problem as it's the last bit about verified by visa which fails.  I could weep.

12/10/2013 at 03:26

Grrr EF, I hope your mum can get them tomorrow. How many tickets is that?

You can ALL come to Florida, I'll rent a bigger villa. Party!

12/10/2013 at 08:32

I'm in! Seriously though, we are definitely coming over next summer. Have withdrawal symptoms! 

Good luck for Sunday, Caro and Minks 

Ah, would love to see Lion King. Don't envy you the stress of trying to book it though, EF!

Why oh why do children readily get up at 6 on Sat when you have to drag them out of bed at 7.30 in the week? Sigh. Long day ahead. Going to stay over at Mum's tonight so I will at least get some help. Ben off 'networking', I.e. getting pis**d and talking! Then I guess he will expect me to nurse him next week after he has his nose op on Monday (having his sinuses widened and everything straightened). Maybe he might not be surgically attached to his phone for a day?!

happy Saturdays everyone!

13/10/2013 at 22:05

Sigh.... suffering from a sever case of Monday-itus today!!

Had a lovely weekend at the farm and am now trying to motivate myself to work but am tired and its rainy and cold and I just want to go back to bed! Challenging thing is that I could go back to bed but that would mean no work got done etc etc! So instead I am on the internet not working but not feeling as guilty because unlike if I was asleep I could technically start working any second now (of course I won't though!).

Hope you all had lovely weekends everyone

13/10/2013 at 22:21

Haha Hoggle. I love your logic!  Hope the week picks up soon for you. 

We drove down to Port St Lucie today. The villa we have for the next 2 days is nice. Mr TT is not feeling well so is trying to get some rest while the boys and I are watching tv. I have found a sitter for the next 2 days through a web site (care.com) and have spoken to a lady she used to nanny for but can't help but have that mini panic inside (what if she runs off with my boys?!?). I'm not normally a panicker or over rotective

13/10/2013 at 22:23

**protective, (grr pesky iPhones!), but I just have that tiny voice in my head. 

14/10/2013 at 09:20

we are mums, we will spend rest of our lives with tiny voice in head encouraging us to panic and worry whenever possible!

lol at the logic there goggle, but glad you had good weekend.

busy Saturday for us with orienteering, then yesterday morning was rugby and lots of boring domestic jobs in the afternoon and revision ... sounds joyous doesn't it!

hopefully of out on bikes soon. have hubby home until tmrw evening   we've even managed to be almost nice to each other most of the weekend.

half term now so running will take a nose dive for two weeks!

14/10/2013 at 13:06

Lol at goggle !

I totally agree with your logic Hoggle 

Well yesterday morning I was out in the mud doing a 10k race in our local park (Endcliffe Park for Sheffielders!).  It was ok but not as enjoyable as my usual races as I had to go so slowly due to slipping and sliding all over the place in the mud!  So it was a very slow time but made the hot bath when I got home all the better .  Plus hubby had taken the kids to his parents, rather than make them stand in the rain watching me (fair enough!) so the house was empty when I got back - a bath AND an empty house, I was in heaven !

Our shower is on the blink so we're having it replaced this afternoon rather than waiting for it to conk.  More expense...

I was so tired yesterday I dozed off on the sofa at about 8pm!  I'm going to try and be in bed for 11pm rather than midnight this week...

14/10/2013 at 17:28

No running for me this weekend as I was so busy tidying for Aidan's birthday party - he is 4 today!

Hopefully the effort spent organising everything burned a few calories.  Benedict also came down with and ear infection so was not on top form and has antibiotics now.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend!

14/10/2013 at 17:50

Happy Birthday Aidan!

I enjoyed my race yesterday despite the foul weather.  I enjoyed watching the kids first, and Matilda ran the whole way on her own (1 mile ish), as she told me she didn't want me to run with her.  She was the smallest and youngest - and lastest!  But happy with he medal and she took it to school today.  I was happy with my mug for coming second lady - I'm sure if Minks hadn't been pacing her mate she would have beaten me.  Nice to see her again, and some other friends.  Course was one giant puddle, the tow path really doesn't drain well, so it really was just wet feet from the word go.  Good thing I am planning a wk off as it will take that long for my shoes to dry.  Lots of people were trying to dodge the puddles but I am afraid I am a straight through the middle girl - what's the point in trying to go round the edges and waste time plus add distance??  I overtook one layt at 5k and then the marshals started telling me I was second lady so I just did my best to hang on.  Never laid eyes on first lady so she must have ebenw ell ahead.  Official results not up yet but garmin said 43.12 which I am happy with as I really didn't know what kind of shape I was in and wasn't aiming for a PB.

14/10/2013 at 18:55

Caro, I already said my congratulations over on fb but it deserves a second one!!  Fab result. 

Happy birthday to Aidan today. Wow, 4!?

CC, nice you get a bit of quality time with mr cc. Enjoy the rest of your time. 

We have just popped back to the villa for a quick rest while the afternoon sessions kick off at the boot camp. Both boys are in bed (or did she sell them?!? Yikes, not actually seen them!!). Hope to see them before we go back for late afternoon sessions and dinner. Max was up at 12:30 last night for a bottom wipe and then hung over the toilet for 10 minutes saying he felt sick. Thankfully he wasn't sick but it made for a very disturbed night. 

He is going to be the demonstrator tomorrow and a lovely lady golf pro is going to give him a lesson. Really hope he's back to his normal chirpy self by then. Ok going to try to copy mr tt's lead and grab 40 winks!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.