Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

40,721 to 40,740 of 47,222 messages
20/04/2013 at 20:51
Good luck everyone for tomorrow............will be thinking about u all. Hope u all get the times u hope for.
Blinked EF that sounded scary , hope your taking it easy missus. Diving at the commy sounded good.
So glad your sis was fine Caro, very worrying moments.
Happy belated big birthday Karen. Cake sounded fab!
CM- yay to camping, walking, cream tea n wine. Great
RB - hope the blood tests show something simple to fix.
jG- wow to the lie- in, lucky u!
JT- yay to getting back on the bike.
Lotte- a 20 miler on no fuel, wow, I would collapse in a heap after a 10k with no food before, very well done.
1 K swim whilst the girls at stage coach in Inverness this morning & then we went to a bike fest thing in the Black Isle, was good. 100 squats to do today!!!
Thursday I did 1hr 20 mins on the turbo of the 'sufferfest' videos. Yesterday a 3 mile buggy run and 30 mins on the turbo.
Job going ok, busy busy though & lots to learn.
20/04/2013 at 21:38
Glad the job is going well RF.

CM - I love Merthyr Mawr, my friend used to live there as her husband was a Gardner on the estate. Gorgeous day for it too!

Camlo - running analysis sounds interesting. Bargain! Oh, and alcohol is a form of fuelling, just not one of the more recommended ones!

Well did the orienteering. Came spectacularly last but I really enjoyed it. Intend to do lots more. It was a standing family joke Uncle Geoff always got lost as he orienteering, I've obviously taken on his mantle

And finally... GOOD LUCK VLMers tomorrow! Wish I was with you. Xxxx
20/04/2013 at 22:17
Just popping on to say good luck VLM girls!!! Can't come into town to watch but will be stalking you all via your numbers on the computer
20/04/2013 at 22:27

Loving your race prep Camlo, that's the spirit!  Funny -  have no desire to run another marathon after tomorrow, and am almost tempted to forget about a PB and just run to enjoy it and savour it - but would probably just regret it afterwards if I didn't go for it.  Ho hum ...

Anyway - all the very best to my fellow VLMers, may you run like the wind and achieve all your dreams.

20/04/2013 at 22:48
What's your number Minks? X
21/04/2013 at 06:46

Minks is 27735 JT, looks liks its going to be a nice day for it, hope everyone has a great race, especially Joh in her tiger suit!!

21/04/2013 at 07:29
Sunny but 1.7 c in London! brrrrrrr.
21/04/2013 at 08:23
Good luck all the vlmers. I'm with cc on this one, no desire to run London again (think we both had a nightmare didnt we st the same race?) but missing the hype. Very exciting.

Ef, hope you're doing ok.

Camping cm? Brr.

Will be trying to keep up with all those running online. Does anyone have a full list of numbers? I'm on phone so not easy to scroll back
21/04/2013 at 12:07

Anj - I can't find Camio anywhere on the Virgin tracking thing but MM is 310, Minks is 27735, and JohBo is 28425. MM and Joh are already through the halfway mark.

I really must stop watching the marathon and get my children dressed soon ...

21/04/2013 at 12:09
MM 1:30:34 at halfway!
Camlo 1:57:26!

Can't get the others to come up....
21/04/2013 at 12:12
Johbo 1:56:57 in a sweaty tiger suit by now
21/04/2013 at 13:11
How about Minks?
21/04/2013 at 13:36

MM and Minks spotted at mile 9.  It was still fairly emptyish when MM came thru so I ran right up and yelled to her - she was absolutely in the zone so not sure if she heard me.  Minks not too long after, looking strong.  I did yell 'go johanna' to a random tiger - no idea if it was the right one.  Didn't see Camlo, no red deely boppers sadly.

So the RW pacers were way way way out.  All I can think is that the starts didn't start together, because we saw the 3.15 pacer, then two 3.30 pacers, then quite a while later another 3.15, then 3.45 running right next to the 4 hr guy, and it just went on like that - they were all mixed up and coming in completely the wrong order.  At one point the two 4.30 guys were 20 mins apart.  Odd.

Anyway, fun fun fun, don't know if it has got me enthused about next yr.  Sooooooo many people!!

Oh I saw a Forres Harrier lady as well CC - quite petite with v dark short hair tied back.  Anyone you know?

21/04/2013 at 13:45

yes, know who you mean - Cisca Cameron is her name, last year she was bashing out 3.30 and sub-3.30 marathons all over but think she got injured!!! Was delighted to see one of the guys from our club do 2.55 on the back of about six weeks quality training!!! He is a gifted speedster though, but gives hope to the 40+ ers!!!

Checked Virgin site, MM in, but nothing for Minks from 15km I think, Joh almost in. Haven't got numbers for the others but best go and make my kids some lunch ... they've just done an 8-mile bike ride with me!

Back soon ...

21/04/2013 at 13:46

I love spectating but no desire to do that race - YES Anj, you and me both had a perfectly dreadful race!!!! I look back now and realise I was shattered from single-parenting and virtually no sleep as S was always up in night, plus a niggly injury - perfect race prep really ...

21/04/2013 at 15:41

I'm stalking the tracking pages too!  Well done all so far!  Looking forward to the race reports

Ooooh and I am faster than Kelly Sotherton over 26.2 miles even when I'm injured

I'm having an unspeakably boring day with an unspeakably tired and irritable daughter.  They apparently went to sleep about 11.30 and got up about 6.  Dear goodness how do you guiders do it?  MR you are a saint!

Got to go back to work tomorrow, not really looking forward to it but it's more to do with the fear of having been away for 4 days with no absence prep! 

I'm having pangs of desire to run another marathon but I think that truthfully a half is more my distance so aims will be a sub 45 10K before I'm 40 (hah, only been chasing that for the last 10 yrs!) and a 1.40 half.  It's going to be such a long haul back though as no exercise here since 26 October just before I started the IVF and funnily enough it's not about to happen. 

Debating a trip to marks and sparks just for something to do.  It's only 4 mins along bypass and I'm so bored.

As a total tangent, has anyone build an extension which involves taking out the outer wall and extending the external wall by about 1.5m.  I'm trying to guess what the cost might be of extending and re-doing the kitchen.  We have a path down the side of the house which is just dead space and I'd like to fill it and square off the kitchen and make it into something I've always wanted but I don't know if I'm looking at £20K all in or £40K all in.  Doubt the Clydesdale will lend me the cash anyway but I'm wondering just the same!

21/04/2013 at 15:42

I can't find Camlo either but that's cos right now I forget her real surname!  I know it's not actually Hulse. 

21/04/2013 at 15:43

RF I'm glad your job is going well.  It was a scary experience last week but I'm ok for now and the worst bit is just the dread of every toilet trip and every twinge down low. 

21/04/2013 at 15:46
Had a lovely day watching the race! Wished I was doing it and think I will try enter for next year. A post baby come back race? Anyway, it was a lovely lovely day. I was sooooo pleased to see you Johbo, MM and Camlo. Not sure if any of you heard me yelling at you but you all looked fab. Amazing running from what I saw at miles 15 odd and mile 21. Sorry I didn't see you Minks. I was peeling my eyes but sadly must have missed you. So sorry.

Anyway, well done all of you and thanks for giving me someone I know to cheer for! Always makes spectating that little bit more special if you are looking out for people. But I thought it was a great day!

Now go have a beer!
21/04/2013 at 15:49
Have found everyone on the tracker except minks who seems to have disappeared after 15k. Hope she is ok?

Well done all. Can't wait to hear race stories!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.