Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

41,001 to 41,020 of 46,086 messages
18/11/2013 at 22:59

Yes well done vicky! I'm so impressed. You did well at the weekend too I Eem to remember Caro. 

19/11/2013 at 04:05

Our rent house is a 2 bed which is fine as we are only renting but we would need to buy a 3 bed so no use buying it and no not being sold as a rented property. Ah well, hubby not working will mean he can project manage operation move house! Which is a good thing as he's the fussy one and I usually end up getting frustrated trying to meet his requirements!!

Will get out of the grumps soon, stupid work is what's making me grumpy really!

19/11/2013 at 06:18

That is crap Hoggle.  We had it happen last year but we did manage to extend until they had actually sold but then that means you have to put up with viewings.

Hope you can find something suitable xx

19/11/2013 at 07:39

Eek, Hoggle hope you find somewhere to move to, but as you say not easy when you have so much up in the air at the moment.  

JG -Wasnt impressed with the implied laziness given to us mums either. My actual job is only part of the work i do keeping us afloat, running the house, managing kids (feeding, clothing, cleaning, dr, dentist, ordering supplies, xmas and birthdays, etc etc), bill paying and general grown ups admin duties..... Some people still believe in faries. Hope you got your lesson plan sorted. 

19/11/2013 at 12:05

Kinsey- we have tickets to Cinderella in Woking! Maggie is very excited about seeing mr tumble in it but it is bl**dy expensive so hope you win the tickets!

JG- sorry for slack response to your questions about kindle! Pretty sure its a16gb kindle fire hd so must've been over a £100 new. Its not the latest model anymore, he bought it in May. Has got a nice purple case they can have too. Trouble is, hubby is a hideous liar to me about how much things cost (because I hate spending lots of money and he spends like theres a hole in his pocket) so if I ask him how much he spent on it he will knock at least half the money off it (I have many times found receipts for things which he has lied about - he really should learn to hide the evidence!). So if your friend really is interested I will ask him later how much he wants for it rather than how much he bought it for...

My hubby would never dare imply that I don't work hard at home with the kids as they're both pretty full on at the moment. I did make him laugh on Friday though, he'd sent me a text from work saying how horribly stressed he was. Just happened that I'd been to a school xmas fair and bought cakes and fudge (as you do) so sent him a photo back of us all eating cake "another tough day at the cake factory". I guess I am not helping the image of us mums sitting around drinking coffee and eating cake all day Cake factory is reference to a great Mitchell and Webb sketch when they describe their working days, one in a hospital and one in an icecream factory. Will have find it on youtube and try and link it...

Hoggle - that is pants about your house. Is there much to rent in the area? do you have a bargain house? Hopefully will be ok if your hubby is happy to get searching for something. I can imagine as much as its great that hubby is retraining and following his career dreams, the lack of employment is a real stress.

Caro- wow, your sis is super speedy! Well done to her. Is all your family sporty? did either of your parents do a lot of sport?

EF- lovely to hear your little man is doing so well and making you smile.

Camlo- hope black clouds have well and truly lifted and you're excited about birthday plans. I would most certainly not like hubby planning a surprise weekend without some involvement from me either! (and thus not making it a surprise, so ungrateful aren't we.....)

Might have to add a bit of ranting too, sorry! (time of year for it!)

We currently rent out our flat and are renting a house. Two of the tenants have moved out and have stopped paying their portion of the rent believing it was the remaining tenant's responsibility to find new tenants or pay it all. They are contractually liable for it as its a joint contract between all of them. But while all is being argued between the tenants we have not received rent since Sept. Which covers our own rent. Not a good time of year to have to go into our overdraft and savings! And this may happen next month too. We will of course hold their deposit back but that'll take ages so we will likely be a couple of grand out of pocket until sorted!

Also, just had my childminder who looks after Rosie every other Wed quit (nanny does the other days, slightly complicated setup!). And neither me or hubby have enough holiday left to cover it.

Work is pretty awful as we are being backstabbed by another group who share some of our lab, they are moving new equipment in without prior discussion and taking down our two office cubicles to do it. Only found out as overheard them in corridor. We have no office space to go to so may end up sat in the corridor. And is all happening pre-xmas, don't know when they were intending to tell us! Feel so sorry for my boss and he's just gets walked all over by gro

19/11/2013 at 12:08

My post was too long so it cut it off! Fair enough

It did say a couple more rants, I will give the shortened version then

Boss gets walked all over by groups with more money and power.

I'm feeling crap about my lack of looking at schools for Maggies application so it'll be just based on closest not on best because I didn't go on walkabouts like good parents do.

And my lovely bike got nicked (they got through both my locks).

19/11/2013 at 12:54

I am chuckling at the thought of my parents being sporty!  We did lots of walks as a child, at high speed, which is why I only have one walking speed now (fast!) and get infuriated when walking behind slow folk.  But nothing else.  My sister was over wt until she was 10, and neither of us were in any teams at school, apart from me being goalie for the hockey team (ironic given how tiny I am!) I once found her in her room at school with several teachers in the recovery position as she had semi collapsed during cross country (and she was probably plodding along at the back!)  Her (now ex) husband got her into running, and I followed suit shortly afterwards as I realised it was easier and a lot more pleasant to stay thin by exercise rather than starving yourself!

I am soooo tired,  I need to clean bathrooms but all I want is to go to bed......

19/11/2013 at 12:54

Bugger to bike Sonya!  Bastards.

19/11/2013 at 13:14

Helloooooo! Have been so bad about posting lately but just had a mammoth skim-read. Some horrid things happening and I really hope the black clouds go away soon. CM - Citalopram is the best AD I have ever been on. Once the initial side effects wear off, it is truly fab. I just feel 'normal' on it, whatever 'normal' is! Big hugs xxx

Frances is coming tomorrow! I am feeling quite calm but then a bit nervous too. Keep worrying that there will be emergencies and I will get delayed. Or that it will snow and the surgeons won't get in. Not really worried about the surgery itself, bizarrely! I will post some news as soon as I can

19/11/2013 at 13:23

Good luck tatty!

19/11/2013 at 15:03

Good luck Tatty! 

19/11/2013 at 15:29

Ooh, exciting Tatty.  Good luck xxx

19/11/2013 at 19:09

crikey tatty - tomorrow - wow, good luck xxx

boo to black clouds

permanently shattered here and seem to be screaming at kids constantly!

Pilates class to teach in 50 minutes, currently want to put head on table and sleep (or cry with tiredness!!) ... onward and upward!

and that sucks Hoggle re the house

Have been reading but not posting as been a bit black-clouded and overwhelmed with the day-to-day stuff!

big hugs to all those who need them (())

19/11/2013 at 20:27

Ohhh GOOD LUCK TATTY!!!!!! Hope all goes smoothly and can't wait to see some pics!

Sonya - sounds like work is VERY frustrating, nightmare about tenants and also the childminder - blimmin deck of cards really isn't it! That's another thing about moving - I currently walk M to daycare most days so will likely have to stop that.

Hubby at home as not starting course until 10am - far out he is ANNOYING!!! He seems to forget that during the day the house is my office. Playing music, asking me endless questions etc!!! I'm dreading him finishing his course as it will mean 3 days a week of this (although hopefully he will pick up some shifts at his old work for a while).

Arrrggghhhh I just want a nice simple life...... ok scratch that I really just want a second baby but too much up in the air at the moment to think about starting trying - sigh!

19/11/2013 at 21:28
Good luck Tatty!!

((cc)) - hope you are ok x

Oh I am so much happier now the kids are back. It is like I drop off a cliff when they go though. They go again tomorrow but I get them back again on fri morning and I am also seeing them on thurs for Xmas light switch on and fireworks in town. How can I ever get over my wish to stop living when they aren't with me? It is 3yrs and 3 months now and I am no more reconciled to the situation than I was when it happened.
19/11/2013 at 22:19

(((CM))) When I miss my kids I try to focus on what fun they'll be having - I don't know if this is the case when they're at T's?  They are benefiting from being with both parents (much as we all know what a loser T is) and personally I can say that makes for a more stable individual (though maybe I was always destined to be loopy ).  I can't imagine how you feel, however, so I am in awe of you just getting through each week and looking forward to getting them back again.  Keep looking at the longer term picture and how it will help your kids overall and try not to focus on how much you miss them as you will still miss them regardless. Sorry I'm waffling on again.

Bollox to the bike Sonya, people are scum. My friend tells me she has found one now but thank you and grr to hubby's sneaky tactics!

GOOD LUCK TATTY!!!!! 

More lesson planning...

19/11/2013 at 22:20

A new Kindle, not bike...

19/11/2013 at 22:26

Go Tatty!!! Hope you enjoy meeting your wee girl xx

Arse to everything else, was bike insured Sonia? 

19/11/2013 at 22:28

But would you be any happier if and T were still together??  I think you know the answer to that.  Enjoy lights and fireworks, sounds fun!  

I am at the London vet show thurs/fri so am staying thurs night with a friend who lives nr Olympia, as it's a 90 min schlep across town from here.  She runs, so we're gong for a run together thurs night and I am very excited as I never get to run with anyone!

19/11/2013 at 22:54
No I wouldn't have coped staying with him. But it's not quite that simple either. I crave having them sleeping in their beds with me every night. But this is about me not them. Am sure they are fine with T although neither of them really wants to go. I think they are ok when they are there and they are both thriving at school so I think they must be ok. I think my anxiety and stress is more about me. Gah

Sorry about your bike Sonya

And Hoggle - it never rains but it pours. Nightmare.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.