Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

41,021 to 41,040 of 45,810 messages
20/11/2013 at 16:44

Any Tatty news?  I can't access FB at work.

I think we're all guilty of thinking 'what if' all the time, and wondering if the grass is greener CM........

20/11/2013 at 17:00
Yup. Tatty's hubby has posted
20/11/2013 at 17:08

Hello ladies - for the first time in months have found a small window of opportunity to have a quick catch up here. Sorry to read some of you going through tough times and black clouds. Good to hear about impending new arrivals though - look forward to seeing some pictures of Tatty's little one soon.

So we've been through some ups and downs since I last posted. FIL passing away at beginning of Sept was very hard on all of us. He'd been ill for a long time (non hodgkins lymphoma and then other blood / bone marrow related problems caused by the chemo) but he deteriorated very quickly at the end and about 2 weeks after the doctors said they couldn't offer any more treatment he passed away. Girls all handled it differently, Lily just won't talk about it, Issie has pictures of Grampa all over her bedroom wall and Anna is just too young to really understand. Very sad.

Another worry is that Issie is now being assessed for dyslexia. She has always been behind her peers in reading and writing but I'd been assured by previous teachers that "all children learn at different speeds" and that because she is one of the youngest in the class it might take her longer to pick things up. But by the start of this school year it was clear there was something more going on as as well as struggling with the reading she still reverses a lot of letters and some numbers too when writing. Fortunately the head of year is fantastic and is really supportive so Issie is getting a lot of additional help but we're just waiting now for the LEA to send somebody to do the official assessment so we know what we're dealing with.

Positives are that Anna started nursery in September and absolutely loves it. She does one full day and 4 half days and has lots of friends already. Lily is in the running club at school and was selected for the school to run in the borough cross country race the other week. She did brilliantly and I was so proud of her. Hubby's business is taking off a bit more now he has more time to devote to it when Anna is at nursery so he's added another 2 midweek bootcamp sessions and has managed to fill most of the places with mums from school. With Xmas coming up the extra money will definitely help.

I'm still plodding along with my running. Don't know what has happened lately though as the last few months every run I do feels hard even if only running for 4 or 5 miles. I know I'm not running as often as at the beginning of the year when I was running 5 or 6 times a week but I'm still getting out 3 times a week at least. Oh well, will keep going for as long as my old legs will let me.

Anyway, hope you ladies are all keeping well and will try not to leave it another 6 months before catching up with you all again. Although I feel like I'm keeping up to date by nosying at what a lot of you are up to through FB x

Oh, and Caro - have you been to the new Leyton lagoon yet, hubby took kids the other week and they loved it.

20/11/2013 at 17:55

Well tell me then!! meanie.........

20/11/2013 at 18:00

Yes to leyton leisure lagoon and I even went down the flume!  We really should meet there sometime (rather than at a freezing cold reindeer run!)

How old is Issie? And what yr is she in?  I guess the main thing is it has been picked up.  Hubby is dyslexic and wasn't diagnosed till he was at uni.  That's great about hubby's business. 

Sad about F in L.  Mine starts radiotherapy after xmas and everyone I've spoken to says its worse than chemo, side effects etc so I don't know how he and M in L will cope esp as its daily trips to Colchester hosp for several wks (1/2 hr drive) and M in L doesn't drive so he will be driving himself.  Really not sure how that is going to work.

I am planning on doing Roding Valley 1/2 next yr so come along and join in   Or hubby.

20/11/2013 at 18:09

Giovanna Edith, she looks scrumptious!  No weight as yet!

huge congratulations Tatty and family xxx

20/11/2013 at 18:10

Caro go to tatty's FB page and you can see Announcement and pic  

20/11/2013 at 18:12

I can't I'm at work!!!!

Thanks for putting me out of my misery

Congrats Tatty!

Edited: 20/11/2013 at 18:13
20/11/2013 at 18:30

Some charities provide transport too &from hospital for radiotherapy, my friend's Mum got 

taken too & from hospital for her treatment by charity volunteers.

20/11/2013 at 18:37

Doh didn't read that bit! Well now you know. And she's gorge. 

20/11/2013 at 19:38

Awwwwww great to see the new addition - sooo cute!!!

20/11/2013 at 21:14

Congratulations to TB - cute photo on FB, love the scrummy little babas.

Sorry to hear about your FIL Caro - might be worth looking into the charity transport thing TT was talking about as my FIL was too weak to drive himself during chemo.

Shows how education has changed I guess, in that your hubby got all the way to uni before being diagnosed. Issie is 6 and in year 2, so it's her last year at infants and if she is dyslexic I want her (and us) to be prepared for how this is going to affect her going into juniors next year and what we can do to help her. Hate to think of her having to struggle all the way through school.

Will give Roding Valley some thought - might be the goal I need to work towards.

21/11/2013 at 09:53

Karen - hard one, but there is support that can be accessed and it sounds like the school is on the ball.  I worry about J and his handwriting because it is beyond awful. But school isn't bothered particularly. He's not dyslexic - he just can't write legibly. Or at least, he won't write legibly. Hates writing, so won't do it. E on the other hand ...

Back at work today after over a month off. First thing I had in my inbox was a 'great place to work survey'. oh how ironic.

Speaking to my boss later - supposed to have a return to work interview, but not sure that will happen.

21/11/2013 at 10:01

My brother's handwriting is disgraceful and he is 

38 yrs old, he is a really good artist too and does really 

intricate craft stuff as a pastime, u Would think someone who is 

so artistic would have lovely writing but no. Camryn's writing looks 

older than his. 

21/11/2013 at 10:06

Yes - J loves art too. He takes lots of care with his drawing and has spent hours and days colouring and does it very carefully. But writing - god no, he hates it! so it's not about pen control as such. No idea what it's about really!

21/11/2013 at 10:58

Ah hello all. Long time since I've been on the runners world forum. So I have just skimmed the last couple of pages so probably missed loads. But as Karen says I kinda keep up with some of your life's via FB!!!!

huge congratulations to TB. Ahhhhhhhh she looks so adorable & lovely name. Enjoy those fab newborn snuggles.

sorry to hear there black clouds around. I hope they vanish soon. Hugs to Karen for FIL, very sad for you all & I guess the girls will all deal with it differently. When we lost 1 Aunty & 3 uncles in the last couple of years Ruby just laughed(6 at the time) and would wander around saying stupid things that I found quite hard. When my friend died 5 years ago ( aged 36) I was vy upset but they were all too young to understand. hubby was very unsupportive. Anyway must stop waffling.

im worried as we haven't ordered any Santa presents yet, yikes!

still enjoying my new job although already been there 6 months. Some lovely girls, a good team that on the whole work well together. It's manic some days & the patients can be pretty sick but you do feel that you are helping & mostly patients and 

21/11/2013 at 11:06

relatives are very thankful which is nice for a change!!! It's not often in nursing these days that you are appreciated!!!

still trying to get out cycling as much as possible & running when I can fit it in but that's not very often. Not been swimming for a while. Last did an open water swim about a month ago and brrrrrrrrrrr it was cold!!!!!!! I have now done about 2200 miles biking, running & few miles swimming this year!!! This month I am doing a challenge of 100 sit ups, 100 press ups & 100 squats every day! I would have a great six pack if I kept my hands out of the biscuit tin & sweetie cupboard!!!!! Hahahahahaha but then life would be boring eeh.

Have entered into the "strathpuffer" agin middle of Jan. Am obviously slightly deranged in the head. Why would I do that again??!!!!!! 

Anyway betta go as said I would get M a snack ages ago!!! She fell asleep in the bike trailer at half nine when I was out for a wee bike/ run with my friend. We did 6 miles & took turns running / cycling with the trailer, was good fun & we had a good gossip!

M is tired as keeps waking up several times in the night because of " monsters" .

21/11/2013 at 13:40

CM - I take it that work may have contributed to you needing a month off. Hope you manage to get back into the swing of things and it's not too stressful. My work is ok, like RF I'm lucky enough to work (mostly) with a good bunch of people, but still the idea of doing this for the next 20 years makes me want to run away sometimes.

My hubby has awful writing too - he doesn't think it's that bad but I think it's a scrawl. Issie's writing is perfectly legible and not too bad (for a 6 yr old) but like I said she'll reverse a lot of letters including s, n, and p - so it's obvious it's more than just your standard kids getting b and d the wrong way round. She'll also muddle letters so if she's writing "love" she'll write "lvoe" - all the right letters just not in the right order.

RF - I think the strathpuffer sounded fun ... but only for other people, would never be able to manage something like that myself. You must enjoy it really, so good luck and have fun.

I keep forgetting about the plank challenge - will have to set a reminder on my phone or something so I do it every day. Whenever I remember I do a 1:30 one but I think I've only remembered 3 times so far - where is everybody else up to on it?

22/11/2013 at 15:18

morning folks.... Just got to Bath and enjoyed a fab lunch but not so fab that the xmas markets dont start until next weekend..... Doh! Also not impressed that my Mum called by first thing and instead of giving me a birthday present she walked off with one i had just opened.... 

Have checked into our hotel and hubby now snoring loudly..... i will give him 15 mins then I'm off shopping with or without him! 

22/11/2013 at 18:38

Happy Birthday Camlo, hope Mr Camlo woke up and whisked you off out for an afternoon of shopping.  I think you said you were heading to the spa too, sounds lovely. 

Karen, up to about day 27 of my plank and ab challenge.  Is up to 4 minutes now for the planks but I can't do 4, it seemed to jump ridiculously quickly after building up slowly at the start it then jumped 3 - 3.5 - 4 minutes really quickly.  Last night I did 1.25, rested, 1.25, rested then finished with 1.5.  Mr TT did ask if that was allowed but I'm sure someone over on FB said it was.

Stressed to the max with everything we have going on at the moment.  My elbows have both broken out in a lovely scaley, blistery rash.  Not pretty.  We have just 1 week until we go away so I'm hanging on to that thought.  The hotel is all inclusive and there are kids' activities too so I'm hoping to get a few hours each day to myself.  At least now that my stress is showing itself externally, Mr TT can see for himself how this is all affecting me as I tend to internalize my problems.

CM, hope first days back at work were OK (()).

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.