Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

41,041 to 41,060 of 45,825 messages
22/11/2013 at 18:47

Hmmmm those hashes were supposed to be hugs

22/11/2013 at 19:07

Karen I did 1 day and then completely forgot! Really need to give myself a kick up the backside as naturally when life got busy all my good work went out the window!! Must try harder!!

Off to the swimming pool this afternoon so will have to get my pudgy pale body out in public - yuck!!! I hate this part of summer when you are so while its grey!

Sis and family coming up this weekend which I'm really looking forward to. They have rented a holiday cottage which means we get all the fun without having to do the work of looking after guests!!

22/11/2013 at 19:09

Hugs to you Ttid - life sounds very stressful at the moment for you. Glad you have a lovely break to look forward to!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Camlo - I hope you get spoilt rotten!!!

22/11/2013 at 20:34

We usually run at around 9 on the stress levels, has definitely been up around 10 this last few weeks.........

22/11/2013 at 21:09

Boo to stress levels TT, hope things calm down soon.

Karen - I was doing it then completely forgot for a few days!  

Nicky's currently asking if it's Christmas pretty much every day, and Sophie was bouncing at bedtime because she's written her first letter to Santa and put her Christmas wish (using magic wishing glitter) inside it!  We sneaked a peek and her wish is that she gets lots of presents - should be able to manage that one .

I had a slightly odd afternoon in that I was invited on a CPD course at a language school where I would like to work but have so far only got on their email cover list.  It was interesting (well, if you find different approaches to teaching grammar interesting ) but I didn't know anyone there nor do I work there!  Nicky had a nice time with his grandparents anyway - we have Travelling Teddy for the weekend too .

Happy birthday Camlo !  Hope you enjoy your weekend .

22/11/2013 at 21:31

Matilda keeps adding amendments to her list - the latest thing was ice skates.....er no!   I have just been at the london vet show for 2 days so have picked up loads of tat from the commercial exhibition suitable for xmas stockings - a fleecy blanket (probably meant for your dog) a yo yo, pens, sweets, fluffy chickens, bags.  The trouble is they all have some kind of veterinary advertising on them, which obviously wont mean anything to Eric, but Matilda might wonder......

23/11/2013 at 07:59

Happy birthday camlo and tangie!

23/11/2013 at 09:26

23/11/2013 at 12:19

Yes. Happy birthday Camlo and TT!

23/11/2013 at 21:21

Happy birthday TT!  Same day as my sis 

23/11/2013 at 23:36

Happy birthday TT and Camlo. Hope you are both having fab weekends. I'm still alive and now 6 weeks post baby's arrival. Been reading but no sort of routine yet so hard to post. Huge hugs to those of you who need them. I've been sorry to read about all the black clouds Camlo & CM especially. And also MM thinking of you & the other absentees at the mo. 

Glad folk are still running & impressively too Caro! And well done on park run PBs JG. I went for a tiny weeny "run" the other day. Waited till darkness so no one would see me run/mostly walk along the pavements. Only did 20mins of which probably less than 10 was actual jogging but it was a start! Had physio this week & tummy muscles are healed and back together so it's just a case of building up again slowly I guess. Got into Berlin marathon for 2014 so it's nice to have a goal for a years time ! 

Will try to keep up better now. So sorry to hear about the various house issues and tenant issues too. Hope all works out. 

Right little Isaac seems to be asleep now so I'll move him into his crib...,, oh and before I go - CONGRATS TATTY B!!! loving the pics on FB and what a great name! 

24/11/2013 at 00:10

Love the name Isaac

24/11/2013 at 00:12

In fact love most of those old biblical boys names Jacob, Zachary, Elijah etc

24/11/2013 at 19:34

Survived a day and a half of single parenthood - roll on Fri!  Went to a nearby man made sailing lake today to run/cycle - had Eric in the buggy and Matilda on her bike and we did 4 miles, before I let them play - such a meanie!  Going to use the buggy again tomorrow whilst M is at school to keep me sane, then hopefully manage a Wed lunch time run whilst at work.  Been enjoying working out how the new washing machine and microwave work - such a saddo I know.  Am using the microwave 'combi' mode for the 1st time - only to re heat some chicken but we shall see.  I fully expect to come back to an exploded mess in a minute.

Hope everyone had a nice wk ends.

25/11/2013 at 13:34

Well done Caro !  Hope the chicken stayed intact!  I cooked a Slimming World Mediterranean Tray Bake last night which claimed it took 50 mins to make.  After well over an hour it was still half raw and we ended up eating the edible bits, microwaving the rest and eating what was cooked, and chucking the rest!  There's enough for tonight too so we left it in the oven for about another 45mins and I think it might finally be cooked now.  So annoying!

I'm at home with a poorly boy today . He suddenly came on all wheezy yesterday just before tea and has been coughing and wheezing ever since.  He had something similar a few times last winter and threw up every time, but so far so good...  A friend has kindly offered to bring Sophie home from school so at least I don't have to drag him out again.  Just hope he's better tomorrow as I'm working and hubby has an interview!

Brookie - well done on stretching your legs for the first time in (I imagine!) months!  Take it steady and build up slowly - I'm sure CC will be recommending pilates, as do I!  Isaac is a lovely name - a bit sad in our family as my brother had to have his baby boy terminated due to a bone condition, and they called him Isaac.  Otherwise Nicky might have been an Isaac!

I'm having a bit of a work dilemma as I was asked to cover 3 Fridays which obviously I jumped at as it means more cash.  But then I realised one Friday is our PTA Christmas Fair, where I am Santa's elf (!), and the grandparents can't do the other 2 Fridays .  So a friend has said she can pick up N and S one Friday but can't pick S up on the other Friday as they are going to a party.  So now I've said I can work 2 out of 3 Fridays (after initially agreeing to all 3) and then had to say actually I can only work till 2.30pm on one of the days...I expect the guy organising it is really fed up with me!  Shows how hard it is to work if you don't have family or a regular childminder to help out.

My mum rang earlier and is a bit fed up as my 98 year old Granny is becoming so forgetful she said she's not like her mum anymore  and she does most of the caring for her.  Anyway, it's a long story but basically Granny was leaving my mum her house, then my uncle (mum's brother) came back from abroad after 30 ish years away in March and has moved in with my Granny.  And now she says she's leaving the house to him as he's the eldest etc .  Feel sorry for my mum as she's looked after Granny for years and he turns up and takes the house off her.  Families and wills, so complicated!

25/11/2013 at 20:22

Oh no JG, that is rotten.  I think my dad had similar with his mum regarding the will but they sorted it out.  

hope you get the work sorted out, I'm helping a friend tomorrow by having her son as she is doing some work in school and is thinking of retraining as a teacher.  Always a juggling nightmare.

our car has gone wonky, the boot won't open.  Seems like an electrical fault.  It started this morning but when I spoke to hubby he said it was doing it on Saturday too.  The garage had a quick look and I have booked in for a proper look on Wednesday As they think it might be the switch. Urgh.

Martha's reading has taken a leap, so rewarding.  She was just reading a magazine to herself and is naturally curious and just picking stuff up and reading it spontaneously, yeah!

25/11/2013 at 23:27

Yeay to Martha's reading  but boo to the boot  - Sophie's currently (not right this moment I should add!) reading Justin's Jokes which I picked up from the library on Saturday - she's just about getting them, with a bit of explanation from me at times!

26/11/2013 at 21:10

Hello! Loving all of the Santa smileys Thought I had better pop in and update you all on little one. She is just fab and we are all besotted. She is a very calm and content baby (so far a lot easier than JP was, but I think that my being relaxed has a lot to do with that) and she is sleeping for 2-3 hr stretches at night. Most nights we're getting a total of 7 hours, which I am very happy with! 

The birth itself was amazing and I am so glad I went for the C. I guess otherwise we would still be waiting! I was first in theatre at 8.45 and she was born at 9.11. I really enjoyed the whole experience and felt calm right the way through. I haemorrhaged quite badly (1200mls) but they managed to stem it fairly quickly and I had a syntocin drip in recovery. That was probably the worst bit because I was there for five hours, but we did do lots of skin to skin to pass the time Six days on and I cannot believe how good I feel! Tummy is looking less pouchy (you know what I mean!) all the time and the wound is healing brilliantly. All worth it though! 

26/11/2013 at 21:34

Hi TB! Lovely to hear from you and such happy news  - great that you are doing so well and that your decision to have the c-section was definitely the right one.  7 hours in one night should not be allowed at this age! 

26/11/2013 at 21:44

Congrats again TB!  Almost makes me clucky......

So JG how was Disney on Ice?  And is the dressing up mandatory?  (at least in the eyes of a 5 yr old girl!)

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.