Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

41,061 to 41,080 of 46,355 messages
26/11/2013 at 22:49

Love the baby news, wish i was close enough for a cuddle Brookie and Tatty, glad your tummy is healed enough for a gentle jog Brookie and glad the planned CS reduced stress for you Tatty. not good about the haemorrhage, try and take it steady until your iron levels recover. 

JG - that does seem very old fashioned to leave your house to 'the eldest' esp when your mum has done all the care. I guess if her memory and capacity is questionable then she will have difficulty getting a new will anyway, so it may still go on what she wrote before (if she has a will at all). Does your mum get on with her brother? If so then maybe he will share regardless. my step dad was left everything by his dad but shared it all with his sister. 

Running club off to Ypres in september for the memorial marathon, going to back off a bit before building back up as i want my sub 4 next year if it kills me! 

27/11/2013 at 06:33

Please Help....Need to eat healthier 'Admission and working on it'.... My daughter is a year old next week, struggling so bad with midriff just isn't getting smaller, usually run around 18 miles a week however this will be increasing beginning training for GNR so trying harder with my longer run etc....Think being older really doesn't help having a baby at 40 is very different to when I was 25 and 30 after my sons, maybe patience and perserverence can help, any tips ladies? Thank You

27/11/2013 at 15:58

Hi fab40, my youngest is nearly 18 months and I am struggling to get out running much still so I'm not great for advice!  I have cut down on the fattier and more sugary foods I was buying and that's made a bit of a difference.

hopefully the longer runs will make a difference for you.

27/11/2013 at 19:32

Fab40 - no tips, you probably know what to do but need the motivation and time to allow you to put it into practice. Now that is something we all struggle to acheive and i for one have a horrendous overhanging belly which still hasnt shifted and my youngest is 5! 

kinsey - How much are you getting out now? 

27/11/2013 at 19:54

Camlo - yes she is the most old-fashioned woman you could meet!  No my mum and brother get on politely but he told her in front of me when we visited recently that "you really are the most annoying woman, I'm so glad I haven't had to spend the last 40 years with you!" so a sharing option is unlikely .  The trouble with that comment is that I agreed with him but obviously didn't want him being mean to my mum!  He's 8 years older too.

So tired today and got a bit of a gurgly tummy - hubby and I have both had it for a few days. Nicky's been ill so it's probably related to that.  No exercise for me since Sunday, and unlikely to be any till the weekend, such is life at the moment :/

Got asked if I was pregnant by a 16 year old student yesterday .  I brushed it off as my belly does stick out like that sometimes, particularly if I wear the wrong jumper (hubby won't let me bin it ) but felt really down when I got home and had a bit of a crying sesh upstairs about feeling crap .  Feeling a bit better today although the whole work situation bothers me, with not being permanent and not earning much at the moment, but hey ho at least I have a job and French teaching lined up in January for a bit.

Caro - Disney on Ice was fab!  The Tangled section is particularly good, so if M hasn't seen it I recommend a quick DVD session beforehand!  A lot of little girls were dressed up but there were some who weren't, so not compulsory.  However Sophie clearly felt like a princess the way she carried herself the whole time in her dress!   Oh and the merchandise was extortionate - Sophie didn't ask me for anything except a Mickey Mouse balloon on the way out.  Quick look at the price (£8 or 9, I forget which ) and I told her I'd buy her a cheaper one elsewhere!

27/11/2013 at 19:55

Hi Fab40 - you can probably tell I'm struggling to shift the blob too so no tips I'm afraid!  Long-distance training has got to help though so keep it up..

27/11/2013 at 20:36

Thanks JG - M loves tangled more than any of the Disney stories - the no of times we listen to it in the car........I am well prepared for expensive merchandise so shall bring sweets with me and that will be that.  Disney have had enough of my money just for the tickets!

27/11/2013 at 21:13

I am doing practically nothing! I'm just knackered running around after three of them. Benedict still wakes at least once a night.  If we have a quiet weekend then I get out but the rest of the time hubby is away and I always have B so its impossible.

my flipping SMax is playing up, the boot refused to open from Monday to today at which point on delivery at the garage it pretended nothing was wrong.  effing thing. Literally the back windscreen wiper wouldn't work on the way to school but then it magically repaired itself?? Have booked it in for next Tuesday when I have fewer pick ups to do.

trying to make our mind up on a house. It's lovely but blighted by proximity to a pylon.  Also not near much else so would be in the car for school etc.  but its so much nicer than the new builds we have seen.  Def a first world problem!

JG, urgh to the pregnant comment.  A bloody estate agent made a comment a while ago as though I were expecting!  Prob with carrying Benedict is I stand in an unflattering not sucking it in way so I probably did look a bit 'bloated'!

27/11/2013 at 22:09

I've resorted to weightwatchers. 11lbs off in 5 weeks though so def working! Plus I've upped exercise so doing a run, couple of nights on spin bike, pt sesh and gym sesh on own. Not sure how long I can sustain but I've still got 1st 2lbs to go to goal. 

27/11/2013 at 22:53

Well done TB .  Glad C section worked for you. if I had a third I'd def choose it again. Tho I'm not. Having a third that is! 

28/11/2013 at 00:50

Well done on the weightloss EF and boo to rude teenagers JG!!

I've definitely lost some weight since I've started walking to daycare and back most days. Trying to reduce amount of sugar I eat with carrying degrees of success! ALso yesterday I noticed that my glutes were a bit sore after the long uphill - this is actually a major achievement and means that my orthotics must be working. It's the first time my butt has actually done the work it should do in a LONG time!!!

Work driving me mad today - bunch of ungrateful sods!!

SPoke to our property management company yesterday and apparently if we move out before our contract ends we have to pay a fee for breaking the contract AND cover the rent until a new tenant is found. As the house is being sold there won't eb a new tenant so we'd have to pay right up til end of contract in Feb. SUCKS!!!! But at least its made one thing easy, we won't start looking for somewhere to move to until Jan and def won't move til mid Feb so can enjoy the summer in this place.

28/11/2013 at 06:20

Ooh well done EF!

28/11/2013 at 21:24

Well done EF!  My cousin, the one on the 2013 FB challenge, lost 89lb with weight watchers and her new found love of running - not that you have that much to lose but you can do it!  I am doing a 5 mile race with her on Sunday, it will be the first time I will have seen her run.  It's over in west London and Yve who used to post on here and is still on FB is running too, so may meet up - I think she and my cousin are in the same running club.

Just discovered that one of the dads on the PTA with me is in the BBC prog The Choir - next wks episode is citi bank and he will feature.  He is however sworn to secrecy so cannot tell me who has won!

Proud mummy moment, Matilda has moved up to stage 4 in swimming,  - yay!  I'm really happy as she tries so hard.

Hubby should be back from HKG by the time I get up tomorrow - his flight lands at 4.45am so hopefully I will awake to the smell of coffee wafting from the kitchen.

That is awful Hoggle, since you're only moving coz you have to.  But I suppose it means they can't put it on the market tomorrow and kick you out next month.  Definitely worth staying out as you don't want to pay double rent or rent and mortgage if you're no longer living there.

28/11/2013 at 21:53

Well done Matilda! I am also pleased with Lou this week as she has skipped all of stage 8 and gone straight to stage 9 with biff chip and kipper. Hurrah. 

28/11/2013 at 22:16

Had horrible news today, my friend moved to Australia 3yrs 

ago with her husband and 2 girls (who are now 10 & 13) and were loving their new life, but 8 wks ago her husband collapsed at 

work and ended up in hospital where he was diagnosed with 

leukemia. He died this morning. Just can't take it in. Her brother is 

married to my best friend too and we just can't believe it, all in shock. 

He was such a big strong healthy man, he was an ex soldier, and those 

poor girls. Just heart breaking 

28/11/2013 at 22:26

As I just commented on a friends FB post-life's too short.  Just get out there, enjoy it, and be the best person you can be, because none of us have any idea what's around the corner.  How terribly sad TT, I hope they find the inner strength to keep going, in the knowledge that things can only get better.

i had a desperately sad man in my consulting room on wed.  I was just about to put his cat to sleep (cancer), he was off work for bereavement as he'd buried his brother in law last wk, he lived by himself and his cat was his best bud.  I'd never met the guy before and things like that generally don't get to me, but I did lie in bed land think of him, all alone in his flat without his feline friend to keep him company. 

Ok I'll stop rambling now and go to bed!

28/11/2013 at 22:34

I would b a blubbing wreck every day if did ur job 

Caro, would b no use to anyone. Just read all the lovely 

messages on my friends fb page and was blubbing snottering mess. 

28/11/2013 at 22:59

So sorry to hear about your friend TT, hope she can still get the support she needs being so far from home. 

JG Grrr to looking preg, i have had that too and makes you feel shit. 

Hoggle - it seems very unfair if they are effectively kicking you out in feb that they would expect you to stay right up until the end. Glad the butt is working again! 

Caro, what a lovely wake up for you, will he then crash into bed with jetlag though?

Kinsey - Dont know how you stick it being sole carer so much. I would go stir crazy

Question for all you club members- how much subs do you pay and do you insist runners cough up straight away. We only pay £15 for affiliation and £5 for the club but some people come out with us every week and havent 'joined' so arent insured??

Did hill reps tonight, tried to copy the gazelle who makes it looks easy but,  er,   Failed. 

28/11/2013 at 23:15

oh how awful for your friend, TT. that is so sad - such a shock too.

i don't find i blub at anything really. i am sure i'm not normal. i certainly don't blub at stuff on the telly or stuff people write. i must be emotionally stunted or something. hmmmm. however, i do blub when my kids are sad. so there's a heart in there somewhere.

i did some running tonight. and i ran last night. and i'm planning to run tomorrow. what has happened to me?? 

28/11/2013 at 23:16

gosh we pay about 35 quid a year i think - that includes affiliation.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.