Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

41,601 to 41,620 of 47,552 messages
14/06/2013 at 12:29

off to read that link Caro too - looks interesting stuff

14/06/2013 at 12:30

Grr indeed TT! How frustrating...

cm - I responded far better to fluticasone finger crossed it's the same for you.  Just wondering if the allergy markers are asthma related and exacerbating the asthma and not letting your body recover from the issues you've been facing? Just a thought.

ef - thinking of you. 

Going to read Caro's article now

14/06/2013 at 12:38

read it ... while squatting!!!   Very interesting stuff and links well into the Pilates alignment what with sacram alignment etc. Especially found the squatting element interesting, something we all used to do a LOT more of before modern furniture came along.

Quite a different thing but linked to the squatting - is a great stretch for tight calf/Achilles too and when you read the info from the guy on the Vivo website about barefoot running and prepping/building up to it, squatting is a key thing.

So thanks for that Caro

14/06/2013 at 12:41

really interesting Caro. Another thanks from me, and makes so much sense. Invariably with any other muscular issue we look for the route cause. Given my current     Glute issues I think I better get squatting!

14/06/2013 at 12:50

Gluteal weakness has a lot to answer for really doesn't it ... all these back and hip problems and pelvic weakness ... best get kicking ass!!

14/06/2013 at 13:08

another one with weak glutes. better get squatting!

14/06/2013 at 13:22

Hope everything's ok EF, rubbish being stuck in but best for you and baby I guess.  Can do without chavvy families though!

Off to read that article...

14/06/2013 at 14:35

on a ward! Yay!!

14/06/2013 at 15:49

only 10 hours after you arrived

14/06/2013 at 17:22

Yup. Tea here now. Why is it always macaroni. Found about ten pieces of pasta. Asked for orange juice but got apple which I hate. Even the ice cream looks more like mousse than ice cream! 

14/06/2013 at 18:27

Why is hospital food just soo bad....? I had 12 days of torture as I was entitled to free 'food' as I was feeding Archie.  

Glad they've finally got you where you belong.   They could be in competition with the Gwent there

14/06/2013 at 19:23

oh yes the hospital food in the gwent was soooo grim. I was feeding E too when I was in there with her so was entitled to meals. god it was awful - and because J had chickenpox, T couldn't come in and visit because J wasn't allowed in, so I had no one to bring me any food parcels!

14/06/2013 at 19:52

Are you not given free meals always on NHS? 

Lazing in bed while hubby makes pancakes - will get up at last minute a after enjoying as much peace as possible!

14/06/2013 at 20:08

hoggle - sounds good (although I hate pancakes!). you get free meals if you are a patient. but if you are staying in with a baby, you only get free meals if you are breastfeeding them!

14/06/2013 at 20:09

that is - if the baby is the patient. if you are in having a baby, you get free meals. but if you go back in again after the baby is born, you don't unless you are feeding them.

14/06/2013 at 20:37

Hmm, don't think I saw any fruit when we were in. How scary is that?  And I used to get presented with 'ice cream' as though it was a treat .  My biggest fear was having to have my Christmas dinner there!

14/06/2013 at 21:18

Glad you found article interesting - my sister sent it to me.

EF sounds dire - I do wonder sometimes why we harp on about how lucky we are to have the NHS.  I imagine in the '60s it was great and a revelation, but these days there is never going to be enough money for all the new illnessess, treatments, inhabitents of this land of ours.........

I am just amazed about F in Ls treatment so far.  Not that there is anything wrong, but still 6 or more wks after diagnosis he is having test after test after test, and all days/wks apart at different hospitals.  By the time they start treatment it will almost definitely have spread if it hasn't already!   He finally saw a consultant on Mon who explained the gist of the treatment (major surgery, removing the lower part of his oesophagus and pulling the stomach upwards to reconnect it to whats left of the oesophagus.  But depsite initialy saying the CT showed no spread they know say they're not sure, and he may have something on his lungs, so he needs a PET scan.  I dont know what that is.  So anyway........not looking good really, for an over wt smoker who will be 80 in Aug.

So mother is in the UK for 5 wks, I pick her up on Sun.  Hubby goes to HK tomorrow for first wk I'm on my own with her.  I am determmined to try and enjoy it(!) and turn a blind eye to the drinking because otherwise it will just be a cause of friction.  She needs to pick up the kids on Wed and put them to bed as hubby will be away, and Fri is an inset day so we're hoping she'll take M off and have a nice grannie/daughter day somewhere......we shall see!

Going to a picnic in south london tomorrow.  One of my school friends is organising it.  It's to raise awareness of this charity http://fireflyinternational.org/firefly-international/ that was set up by another school friend of ours who died of cancer 4 yrs ago and there should be other school friends with their kids, so should be fun as long as it doesn't rain.

Good wk ends all - and preferably out of hosp EF!

14/06/2013 at 23:20

oh no EF, hope you and baby are ok and the food improves!! 

Boo to continued asthma CM, cancelled flights and passing like ships in the night.

Yippee to zooming and squatting! 

Weather is crap here, hubby working all day tomorrow so will have to think creatively to entertain the monkeys. 

15/06/2013 at 02:28

I am going to scream!! My idiot husband promised he'd be on the last train home. He's just turned up after five minutes f inability to unlock the door I have just let him in. He invited his parents tomorrow, the house is a tip, Ted has a swimming lesson at 11.30 that he is supposed to drive him to. I could kill him. Only consolation is I'm on a course tomorrow so he has the kids. Ha!

15/06/2013 at 02:33

Oh dear JT. Hope your course goes well and maybe you can tag a couple of hours on the end for a quiet drink or shopping before you have to head home to the in laws. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.