Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

41,741 to 41,760 of 47,520 messages
22/06/2013 at 11:34

Of course it could just b ur being unwell that's causing 

the periods, but that wouldn't explain why u have bn so 

unwell

22/06/2013 at 12:15

Ugh CM. How is WsM?  Cold and wet?  That's my old stomping ground. 

22/06/2013 at 20:53

I haven't been checked but would have thought that pelvic infection would cause pain and I am getting no pain with periods at all. They start with no warning. No premenstrual symptoms and no cramps. Have gp appt tues anyway so will ask. 

wsm is fun. Well e thinks so. Has cost me fortune. Ah well. e asleep now so I am in hotel in darkness - suspect it is a stag hotel Tho

22/06/2013 at 23:35

Glad you're having a nice girly weekend with E CM. Hope the hotel doesn't end up being too noisy.

We gave karate a miss this morning in the hope that a week off means Issie will be more enthusiastic next week (she normally starts to get bored about half way through the class). Spent the morning tidying the house instead - not the best idea given cleaning and tidying always puts me in a bad mood and I've massively got PMS so was in a shitty mood to start with! Issie was also a complete pain today too, just wouldn't listen to a bloody word I said - 5 year olds can drive you mad sometimes! Finally got out this afternoon to go swimming which was just what we needed - kids loved it and Issie finally learned to go underwater without holding her nose or anything ! Really proud of her so must get her some lessons sorted soon as she's so ready for them now. 

Overheard my 10 year old Lily tripping up the stairs later today and saying "Oh shit"!!! . I don't think she's heard us saying that so I'm blaming the other kids at school! 

Just me and the cats in tonight. Trying to coax them into the front room with me but they're still settling in and not sure about us so I've just got a bottle of red to keep me company right now . Night all!

23/06/2013 at 08:27

Where do you go swimming Karen now leyton leisure lagoon is closed ?  Do you know of any other fun pools around?

23/06/2013 at 11:29

Awww Leyton Leisure Lagoon has closed Caro? That was the fsport gym I joined when I moved to the UK (lived in Leyton for a year - interesting place!!). How was Camden?

Tell me to shut up next time I complain about the weather - while the rest of the country has had appalling weather (cyclones etc) we have been sheltered by our mountain and had 3 idyllic days of glorious sunshine. Shortest day over and I am reminded why living here is so great - seriously this is not winter!

pilates again tomorrow - am really enjoying it. Back still worrying me though - if I bend over eg at sink it is so hard to straighten back uFine ill ask teacher for some extra exercises tomorrow. 

Hope you've all had nice sunshiny weekends

23/06/2013 at 17:57

Not closed for good, but till end of yr for refurb.  Hope it's all nice and shiny when it RE opens.

camden fun, had 2 cocktails which was plenty, nice food, nice company, good music and was home just after midnight.

had a good wk end with all our out door activities.  Lots of showers but not enough rain to stop play.

23/06/2013 at 18:21

Caro - We either go to the Pool and Track or Larkswood for swimming As they both have small and big pools. Larkswood pool is bigger than Pool and Track but neither are "fun" pools (as in they don't have slides and whatnot) but we still have fun in them . Kids are only concerned with the post swim chocolate from the vending machine anyway so they don't care which pool we go to .

23/06/2013 at 20:36

Eric and Matilda have their lessons at larkswood, I'll be there in the morning.  Yes nice, but still not fun like the frog swimming pool, as M used to call LLL.  We need to find another fun one nearby.

my mother has been here a wk.......and is driving me mad.  God I wish I had a normal mother, who actually wanted to spend time with her grandchildren, play with them, read to them, rather than seeing it as a chore.  She chose washing up over helping with bath time yesterday, and today I asked her to watch Eric for a couple of minutes so I could help Matilda do something and she said ' gee thanks' in a sarcastic tone of voice........the rest of the time-nothing.  She takes zero initiative and stays in bed till past 9 am.....anyway.  Enough wingeing, I knew she would be no help so I shouldn't be surprised, although she as good as told me she didn't want to spend time with them, so I told her that I came as a package now and she had to accept that. 

23/06/2013 at 21:04

Next wk end we are camping for 1 night for a friends 40th at a place called Tanners Hatch YHA inbetween Dorking and Leatherhead.  Does anyone know that area?  We were thinking of something to do either Sat afternoon or Sunday and wondered if anyone had any suggesitons?

23/06/2013 at 21:49

I used to go mountain biking down there Caro but couldn't suggest anything sensible for children. And sad re your mum. Even though you knew she would be like that the reality I bet it is much more frustrating/disappointing in reality!

Can anyone give me some constructive suggestions on how to manage toddlers who have very fixed ideas about what to wear (CM?!). I don't mind her choosing her clothes but the length of time its takingto get dressed because she chooses one thing then rejects it, doesn't want to wear tights with a skirt (v cold just now!) etc etc is driving me mad!!!

23/06/2013 at 21:49

Bocketts Farm Caro - not far from Dorking.  Plenty of animals and a lot of playground too!

http://www.bockettsfarm.co.uk/plan-your-visit/how-to-find-us.asp

I do feel a bit outraged by the price whenever we go, but the kids have loved it both times (and Martha went with school too).

How much longer is your mum staying?  Mine is pretty hands off but was a lot better for our last visit.  You never know what you're going to get though!

23/06/2013 at 22:11

hoggle - I just think 'this too shall pass'. the more I make an issue over how long / how many choices, the more control she tries to exert. to be honest, she's always been quite speedy about it and now takes herself off upstairs and changes her clothes mid-morning, mid-afternoon, after school and often in between times. I end up with basketfuls of laundry though as it's invariably all got pen / food / snot on it!

it depends how good her understanding is - at this point I guess it's still not good enough to understand choices. such as - let's choose 2 tops, 2 trousers and 2 pairs of socks and take them downstairs. those are what we must choose from.

as for being cold / wearing inappropriate things for the weather - I just let her get on with it. when she gets outside and has cold legs, I whip out a pair of tights / trousers and we put them on quickly. however, she is much better at understanding that she needs to wear appropriate clothes for the weather now. it has only taken her about 2 years of experimenting to fathom that out tho!

23/06/2013 at 22:16

oh and I have before taken E into nursery with completely stupid items of clothing on, and a bag with some proper stuff in. so once she went in with a pair of shorts, a skirt and a dress that was about 3 years too big for her on (she found it in her wardrobe in a bag of handme downs - I couldn't do anything about her desire to wear it). so I packed a bag with trousers, t-shirt and socks in and asked them to persuade her to put it on at the appropriate moment. I thinks she put the trousers on eventually but the dress was still on over the top when she came home!

so if it's making you late for work, i'd just say - let her wear whatever she wants and let them have the battle later (assuming they are prepared to do that!)

23/06/2013 at 22:54

agree with everything CM says about the clothes thing Hoggle. S was impossible with clothes when she was at pre-school and the combinations were completely outrageous at times. I just went with it, way less hassle for everyone. I just made sure she had appropriate extra layers for when she WAS at pre-school - they could have the battle with her about wearing those ... it DOES pass, believe me, as you'd never believe to look at S now the kind of things she used to wear. Others can probably remember me going through this with S and advising CM about E!!!

Sorry, too late to play catch-up tonight as should be away to my bed but have read back, albeit briefly!!

23/06/2013 at 23:01

Thanks CM and CC! She often goes in a t-shirt/bare feet and I pack warmer stuff. So will just sit back with the rest of it and let her go with what she wants (and hide away things that really don't want her to wear/trash at daycare - not that there is much of that anyway!).

24/06/2013 at 01:47

Thankfully not got this problem with Max. Yay for boys!!  ;-)

Are sitting by pool listening to ocean at the moment with delicious cocktail. Bliss. Way past boys' bedtime but too nice to go home. Had to evacuate main pool as a small child put the 'poo' in 'pool' earlier and lifeguard declared 'biohazard'.  Glad it wasn't one of ours!

24/06/2013 at 13:24

to poo in the swimming pool TTid. Aside from that it sounds like a fabulous evening, I'd love to be spending our evenings by the ocean.

Loving the talk of little madams and their ridiculous clothing choices. Anna not too bad so far although she's a proper girly girl so will often want to just wear dresses. Issie was the same and went through a phase where she flat out refused to wear anything other than dresses (although they had to be seam free as this coincided with her anti-seam phase so anything empire line style or with any seams other than those on the sides was also out).

Funny to now be entering different kind of clothes debates with Lily; like when she wants to wear really short skirts and we keep telling her to put leggings on underneath them. Not that we're buying her short skirts I should add - but over the last 3 years she's grown upwards but not outwards so the small skirts still fit her!

Caro - what are the lessons like at Larkswood, are they run by GLL? We had a really bad experience with GLL swimming lessons at LLL when Lily was little and we had teachers who basically just dragged the kids from one side of the pool to the other for 30 minutes and didn't actually teach them anything which is part of the reason I hadn't pushed Issie to do lessons before.

My mum will help out with the kids but then when she's had enough she just goes into another room and either reads the paper or plays games on her iphone! I just don't understand it, it's not as if we see her that often (maybe once every 3 or 4 weeks) so you'd think she'd want to make the most of the time with them? Hubby's mum on the other hand is fab with the kids, always making up games to play with them and talking to them. She totally wears herself out with them when she comes to stay but she loves it and they love her to bits.

24/06/2013 at 13:40

Lol to biohazard!  but also !

Mine have always been pretty reasonable about clothes - if anything Nicky is worse than Sophie!  She often complains that she doesn't know what to wear and wants me to help her choose, whereas Nicky will invariably want whatever item of clothing he sees that you haven't chosen, but fortunately we are able to just jam it on him and he gives up!  I love how CM's E has always gone out in crazy outfits - she sounds such a character!

Last ever playgroup this morning  and  - I haven't enjoyed playgroups with N so much because I couldn't be bothered to get to know anyone properly, as I already had a group of mummy friends from when Sophie was little, so they've just involved a lot of polite chat really.  Anyway, it's sort of sad because it's the end of an era.  The reason is because I'm starting my summer (July) job on Friday and will be working Mon-Fri, then N starts nursery in September every morning.

Hmm N is supposed to be having a nap but I think I can hear him pottering about upstairs...!

I felt like carp this weekend after a dodgy tummy in the night on Sat night, so had to miss my run yesterday .  Fell asleep on the sofa at 8pm last night!  Today I'm just full of cold and not very hungry, but ok otherwise.

Trying to get through Royal Ascot so I can get on with watching Wimbledon!  Now how much tennis do you think those 2 are going to let me watch...it is getting a bit ridiculous how much they monopolise the tv (currently with Thomas and Scooby Doo) but if I try to watch anything I can't hear it anyway!

I got home earlier to see a For Sale sign in our garden - we're being sponsored by the local estate agents for our PTA school summer fair, and this is a way they want to help us advertise.  It doesn't say For Sale but has details of the fair instead, but I can just imagine how much it will get the neighbours talking!

24/06/2013 at 13:44

Yes it's GLL but they are fine.  Eric has the same teacher as Matilda had for 3 yrs which is great as she is lovely, and now Matilda is in stage 3, having skipped stage 2, and also has a nice teacher.  Yes the classes are busy, I have no idea how anyone ever manages to get their child on the programme if they havent started as a tiny one and worked their way up.  They teach 50 wks a yr, and you have the option to pay annually, so I have just pid £193 for a yrs worth of classes for M, which I think isn't bad really.  Worth pursuing, esp if you could get the older 2 in classes at teh same time.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.