Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

41,741 to 41,760 of 43,664 messages
23/10/2014 at 20:20

Oh god Lotte - I would have lost it if there was a rat on the loose round my house!!! I'm literally cringing in my chair at the thought!

Much better night here - got hubby to agree with me on way to deal with bedtime and there was fuss and ridiculous attempts at attention (no I am not changing your bedsheet to another with a more pleasing design....), massive wobbly resulting in falling asleep on the floor but only took about 20 mins from good night to asleep compared with well over an hour previous nights. We are off to the farm this weekend for a long weekend so will prob all go to pot but I can't wait anyway!

Haha TT glad you are finding good ways to fill in time!!!

PG3
23/10/2014 at 22:11

Just lost a massive long post - arghh.  Need to go to bed so cant face writing it again.  Waves to everyone.  Damn laptop...

23/10/2014 at 23:38

Only £1?!?! Is £2 here.. Hope you found pictographic evidence

23/10/2014 at 23:41

But at least can still get British strawberries in Aldi. Not sure if that is helpful. Think they are a bit ropey at this time of year. ok on day of purchase. But thereafter. Hmmmmm

24/10/2014 at 14:45

I'm not sure "wonder woman' is appropriate - or maybe it is because now I just keep singing the song 'Jingle bells, batman smells, robin laid an egg.  Wonder woman lost her bosom....' ok I'll stop there.  Please tell me I'm not the only person who knows that song!

Anyway, just back from hosp, met clinical oncologist for first time.  Been offered radiotherapy to start after xmas, which is a pain as I really wanted this over by the end of the yr.  15 daily treatments.  I am seeing her again in 3 wks so have 3 wks to make up my mind......

Edited: 24/10/2014 at 14:45
24/10/2014 at 15:10

have you had the results of your gene screening? I know you want it all done by the end of the year, but maybe you will have to celebrate it as the Chinese new year instead?

24/10/2014 at 15:56

just posting to turn off email notifications which got turned on accidentally!

24/10/2014 at 16:05

That will definitely be next year CM, but I am trying not to even consider that I may be a carrier  - if I am then this aint never going to be over!

Camlo    pirate
24/10/2014 at 20:49

Yipppppeeeeeeee it is the weekend......... That is all.

PG3
24/10/2014 at 22:02

Ok going to try and post a real post here (might do it in stages).  Caro shame it doesnt look it will be over by the end of the year.  Like CM says, maybe the Chinese new year.  Re the song, I know "jingle bells, batman smells, robin flew away" and then i cant remember the rest.

CC - Hope that knee holds up.  Are you doing plenty of strength stuff for it.  I am sure hubby know how hard you have been working, he probably just feels bad for not helping much.  I read your packing comments and my pulse starts to race!

CM - hope that blummin bully has stopped. I felt so sad reading your comments.

Can anyone tell me what 'Jog Scotland' is?  I have images of old people trying to jog across Scotland.

PG3
24/10/2014 at 22:06

First post successful

I had my second childfree day yesterday.  It was heavenly.  I ran a lap of Richmond park and then went to the cinema to watch '71 (great film but hard going). I then shot home to do some tidying and cleaning before picking the kids up.  Isaac was in bits when I went to get him at 5.15.  I guess 8-5.15 is a really long day for a 7 month old.  He'll have no choice when I am back at work but I will try and pick him up earlier next week.  He slept well at the nursery but i guess its all very stimulating.

Off on a long bike ride tomorrow morning with a friend.  Will be having a flapjack at the top of Box hill.  Brilliant.  I have some serious bike fitness to sort out before my half ironman next June so I am trying to start now.  Not sure how i will train for a half ironman and marathon and work and do childcare next year, but I guess I will do what everyone else does and just do my best.

25/10/2014 at 07:13

How much have you thrown away CC?  I found a box to unpack yesterday, and there is still a box in the playroom full of books we don't really have a space for.

Benedict slept through, still a rare occurrence here!

I don't know your version of that rhyme Caro, might have to google to find out the rest!  Frustrating that the treatment is lengthening into next year, is it 15 days in a row or is it spread out?

Think we really need the half term break, the kids are tired and a bit obnoxious.  Of course they were up at 6am and are playing trains on the dining room chairs now!

Pip well done on a lap of RP and a child free day!

25/10/2014 at 10:00

Jingle bells, batman smells, robin laid an egg, Wonder Woman lost her bosom in some lemonade

or in this case ' wonder woman's' bosom in the bin........which is what Matilda thinks anyway

yes 15 days in a row, not incl weekends.  It should start 3-4 wks post chemo, but last chemo 18th nov so they don't want to start right before Xmas as too many bank hols etc. 

25/10/2014 at 10:00

Of course that would be the top post of a new page!

25/10/2014 at 22:05

Funny it's not top of my page. Wonder if I'm inadvertently ignoring someone. According to my listing this is post number 45,810. 

25/10/2014 at 22:45
Not the top of mine either but 45,826 posts on mine? I am now a qualified Jog Scotland Leader! Really enjoyed the course today just need to have confidence to start a group. Will read back properly tomorrow. Got ??198 compensation from flybe/loganair after the chucked me off my flight last weekend, impressed how quickly they have sorted it. Now trying to persude hubby to let me do a wee December ultra...
25/10/2014 at 22:55

Well done Lotte. Have fun fitting that into your week!  ;-)

Very impressed with your compensation. It would be rude not to put it to use for a wee ultra. 

Camlo    pirate
25/10/2014 at 23:12

Post 45,828 for me. 

Yippee to compensation, courses and packing

Boo to not getting it all completed before xmas Caro, you are doing fab though so hang in there x

Think i am going to do a mountain half tomorrow, not really prepared but it is always a tough beautiful run so dont care if i walk half (took 2:31 last time as have to walk a tonne even if you are fit!) 

25/10/2014 at 23:15

Funny, I just checked and I'm not ignoring anyone. 

Go for it Camlo. 

Camlo    pirate
26/10/2014 at 11:20

Changed my mind as need to think long term about my ironman and also didnt want to ruin the whole day as the race would have meant leaving at 9:45 and getting home about 3. Sooooo up and out on the BIKE, yes indeed ladies, that dust gathering washing horse actually went outside.... 

40 windy, hillyish miles in 2hrs 37 mins. Legs trashed but breathing was fine so think fitness is ok, just need to get the distances up! How is your biking RF? 

Tom wants to go swimming now so i may even get a double session day in! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.