Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

41,881 to 41,900 of 45,435 messages
01/07/2013 at 22:01

I know RB, which is why I made myself pause to take in the views. I've only really been up there in winter, so was great to see it all  without snow and ice. Quite a barren landscape in some ways but very very beautiful.

As I reach this evening my quads ache, my upper arms ache, my core aches and my calves ache - so I think I can say I gave myself a full-body workout yesterday!

Caro - don't think I can add to other ideas for five-year-old boy - I'd go for a water pistol if it was me, parents will loath, kids will love. Mine STILL love bubbles too.  And agree that must be weird re your sister vs new man vs ex-husband!!

VIXO: we got something very similar to this for putting up with our tent, I thought it would even work well with a people carrier over the side doors!! http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-zenobia-porch-p148804

01/07/2013 at 22:13
Wow, CC!

JT - hope all settles and is ok.

RB - sorry, meant to update my fb post. Legoland was, umm...ok. I definitely wouldn't rush back (ever, if I have my way!) but Isabelle seems to have enjoyed it. I was expecting it to be a bit more Lego-y and special somehow, but to me it seemed like a pretty bog standard theme park with a sprinkling of Lego - with absolutely masses of money-grabbing opportunities every way you turned. We went on a thursday and it seemed pretty busy, with up to 45 minute queues for some rides, so I imagine that on a weekend or in the school holidays it would be beyond hideous.

It's not signposted very well so I would spend a bit of time at the start thinking about where you want to go and if there are any rides you absolutely want to do and work out how to get there and when you're going to go - and then study the map carefully.

Definitely take food with you (although we didn't see any nice grassy patches to sit on to eat our picnic, it's very much organised around you eating from one of their outlets), but you could easily spend ???? on food, drink, ice cream etc.

It took us absolutely ages to get out of the car park, and even when we got out of the park there was a lot of congestion on the roads. The rides shut at 5, we made our way back to the entrance, went to the loo and then to the car, and didn't get back to the roundabout at the entrance to legoland until about 6.30, and then not back to the m3 until after 7 - it was a long day! I had packed plenty of lunch and snacks but we had to stop at the services on the m3 for some tea for the children as all the food had run out and they were understandably a bit fraught by then! The shop by the entrance stays open after 5 (obviously!), so maybe make sure you've got plenty of food in the car, buy a small pack of Lego as you leave, and spend a bit of time chilling out in the car park building Lego to let the traffic disappear!

There's a splash park with some slides so if that's LBs sort of thing take swimming trunks and a towel if it's a warm day.

The best bit of our day was from about 3.40 until 5 when the queues dropped right down and we went on about 6 rides, so despite the traffic nightmare I wouldn't be tempted to leave early - save a few of the popular rides for the end of the day and you'll get on quickly.

How you got through all that(!) and you both enjoy your trip!
01/07/2013 at 22:17
CC - the 'wow' was to your race! The porch thing looks like the ones we were looking at, and I think in the future we'll need something like that for more storage - particularly if we take bikes. We bought a tarp style shelter by vango this time, which can be strung up in various different ways with guy ropes and a couple of poles and works well as outdoor shade when it's sunny or some protection from rain.
01/07/2013 at 22:23

Thanks Vixo - we're going after LB's term ends (before other schools break up) so I hope it won't be TOO bad. That's a lot of useful tips! I'm slightly dreading it, but LB is counting the days. He's been wanting to go for about two years and his best friend has just been, so I'll just have to bite the bullet.

01/07/2013 at 22:24

Or do what we did and go to legoland at Easter. No queues at all. Empty park. Freeeeeeeeezing. But was fab fun. Older kids def helps. Much more preferable with 6+4 yr old than with 4+1 yr old

01/07/2013 at 22:27

it will be hideous RB. We went on 9 July for birthday when he was 4. It was mobbed and it was a school day 

right I am going to try an iPad post with autocorrect intact

01/07/2013 at 22:29

I am sick and tired of the iPad autocorrections she at I type son am just going for it and seeing what happens. I think tthinking is that when you correct stuff that you see you have typed wrong it actuallam ales it worse. Ipif you leave it and don't edit it at all by doing backspace acourtrooms to edit out typos it probably isn't as bad. Am now going to post this before I read it to stop myself from trying to edit it

01/07/2013 at 22:30

A well you see that was nowhere near as bad as I thought. Which proves my point that it is the backspace and edit think that you do when you see ou have made. A top that makes it worse. If you just type without looking t what you have typed it isn't really that bad (again - don't without checking my typing and here goes ... pOST!)

01/07/2013 at 22:31

We really like it there too. Know what you mean about lack of lego too Vixo.  Definitely take own food, there's quite a good deal (kids eat free?) at close I think in the main restaurant by the entrance but food is only ok. And we find turning towards Bracknell t the close really helps with the congestion issues as well as heading to back off carpark if poss to curb lots of queuing.

01/07/2013 at 22:33

I have the very same problem CM.  lwhat whaif appeyou if ou keep tryi g to eit.  That should say 'look what happens if you try to edit'!

02/07/2013 at 02:09

Well surgery booked for 31st of July. Totally freaked out by it and of course the logistics of recovering with a 2 year old but as my sister told me today - trying to approach it with a positive mind frame rather and nothing will be as bad as I think!

02/07/2013 at 06:23

Amazing race CC, loved the finish line!  I too have a filling issue, mine was replaced about three weeks ago, she has already ground it down a bit to see if that helped but I'm still getting some pain when I chew and a bit of heat sensitivity too, hope your dentist can sort xx

my kids have realised we live close to Legoland as we drive past the signs when we set out to dads.  Think I will save it for an inset day or Easter!

02/07/2013 at 06:34

Read back over your race report CC - sounds awesome!

02/07/2013 at 08:31

I believe LEGOLAND on the continent is much more lego-tastic from what I hear (Denmark especially!).  I'd definitely go like when CM (and I think MM) did - ie out of season and chilly, but so far we've managed to avoid and now we live to far away!  I'd happily take them to one of the European ones though I think if we were in such an area.

Hoggle, think you just have to 'go with the flow', stressing about it won't help you at all and the logistics will ultimately work themselves out, no matter how chaotic it may seem. It's just important to get you sorted for now (())

CM - my phone is like that, ridiculous and drives me nuts but agree with your theory about correction.

02/07/2013 at 09:07

oh hoggle - (()). you will manage it. that's very quick for surgery too. you'd be waiting months in the UK

02/07/2013 at 13:22

I am a legoland expert... we go at least once a week, but i go in the week before preschool starts or after school. leila loves it and I don't mind it either unless its busy. places to picnic are the grassy areas in mini land or find yourself a bench in one of the restaurants. if you buy a coffee they generally don't seem to mind packed lunch. Don't miss the pirate show, maybe you could time lunch around that and have lunch whilst waiting for it to start? 

Cc - brilliant race report! 

Jt - hope all ok with the bleeding. I had bleeding for 1st Few weeks with Evie. I never found out why. 

Cm - hope you get everything sorted with cough/bleeding too. Take it easy on your training.

hoggle - eek to back op but hopefully it will get it sorted.

auto correct is awful on rw... It is trying to turn correct words into goobledegook and doesn't try to correct typos. Annoying! 

Feeling a bit flat here. Not sure why but got a really itchy feet feeling and a longing to go away again. Not that it will happen as leila starts school, hubby's job, my uni starting etc etc. not to mention money. I just feel very hemmed in. I'm sure it will pass and I am just being a spoilt drama queen. 

Just seen ef on fb too  

02/07/2013 at 13:24

Going out for a 6 mile run when hubby gets home shortly... hopefully that ( and the rain) will clear some cobwebs. 

02/07/2013 at 13:26

Vixo camping sounds fab. How did you get on with the baby? did the light in the morning mean early waking? Tempted to book camping but don't fancy my day starting at 5!! 

02/07/2013 at 13:48

Hopefully so Anj! Lots of changes going on buy the sounds of things so maybe that's it too?

hoggle - it will be fine. Xxx

cc - sounds a gret race if not very hard work!

ok, one for you champion cake makers. Want to make si spider cake for Teds birthdayObviously fairly easy (in principle!!!) but, I don't have a dome cake tin. Can you get away with a pudding basin or will it go soggy? Just trying to save a few pennies!

02/07/2013 at 14:49
Huge congrats EF!

Anj - camping was great. The children actually slept really well and weren't up any earlier than at home. O woke at 5 on the first morning for a feed but went back to sleep.

JT - I use 2 tins, one smaller than the other. Stack the cakes and then trim round with a bread knife to make them rounded on the sides. Have tried in a bowl but it didn't work as well - was soggy in the middle and didn't come out of the bowl very well.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.