Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

41,881 to 41,900 of 46,091 messages
30/01/2014 at 21:45
No I don't understand tax either. I am paye but for some reason always have to do a tax return and always end up owing money.
30/01/2014 at 22:06
I can't believe how much I pay in tax. I'm hoping my first pay slip since starting back has some kind of wrong tax code as over half of it was taken as tax and pension contributions! I should probably do a return but haven't ever got round to it - yet another of my procrastination specials!
30/01/2014 at 22:21

I'm PAYE so have never done a return, and we are still entitied to all our child's benefit.  I guess I just assume it is correct.....

30/01/2014 at 22:22

I am seriously regretting not just stopping child benefit as I will need to do a other return for this year. I want to cry already. I think I will get it stopped from march as I won't be entitled. I just had this crazy idea that cos I am on half pay for a few months that maybe just maybe I would be entitled to something. 

30/01/2014 at 22:26

i got to keep £43 of the benefit paid between jan and April 2013. It's so not worth the effort of a return when I'm otherwise paye!

30/01/2014 at 22:31

I don't pay tax still...haven't for several years now  other than the odd £100 or something.  Wish I earned enough to pay tax !  I should probably do a tax return for Avon but I earn such a pittance I know I still wouldn't need to pay any - not sure they'd accept that as a reason 

Nicky sucks his star comforter still, only started recently and I've told him how disgusting it is, and e has even now admitted that his star smells when he sucks it !  Hopefully I will gross him out of carrying it around eventually...

Feeling a bit crappy here and off to bed soon - a cold is doing the rounds in this household at the moment so I'm hoping I can shake it off without succumbing.  5 mile run planned tomorrow morning while N's at nursery, I just hope I don't get lost/stuck for any reason and don't get back in time to pick him up!

Caro - I am currently investigating the Christmas cards thing for next Christmas.  There's a website called PTA+ which I think is where I saw the link.  When I dig out the stuff I'll send you the details.  Oh and your description of bedtime made me laugh - so familiar!  Hubby regularly is rejected at bedtime, although a couple of nights a week (at least) he put them to bed on his own so it's tough!

CM - glad you've got some ABs, sounds very painful 

30/01/2014 at 22:39

Think hubby sulking that I indicated I was not in the mood for any "fun" tonight. Honestly why would he expect otherwise after a night of tax pish? 

30/01/2014 at 22:47

Men! They r a different breed

30/01/2014 at 22:56

Think I did my tax return in the summer hols, but probably 

should have double checked b4 now. Altho not had a letter 

from hmrc so guessing I did do it. Knew I would need books for 

various benefits when hubby was out of work, although all we got 

was council tax benefit. But it is so nice not to b doing the late 

January rush to get tax return in, I was always doing it at 11pm on last night.

30/01/2014 at 22:57

Owwwwwwwwwwwwww my whole head is banging. there is a throbbing in my ear which is so intense I could cry. Argh 

tell him he can have a night of fun next year if he does your tax return for you...

i think I have to do one as i have a fuel card thru work. 

Owwwww. How will I ever sleep?

30/01/2014 at 23:07

Ear pain sucks cm. hope you get a few hours sleep (())

31/01/2014 at 06:48
Waiiiiiiil my ear hurts.

Pain is making me heave
31/01/2014 at 08:22

Ouch CM, horrible. 

Sorry I know I have asked this b4 but why can't 

u take nsaids? Are you allergic or is it 

just tummy can't tolerate them? If not allergic u could try the gel. 

( sorry have feeling have suggested it b4 and it's a no go. It is awful 

my Dad is allergic to them, ended up in a&e with 

anaphalactic shock yrs ago, which means it has bn a struggle 

for him with arthritic hands/arms and back, my Mum can't take them either now 

because she is on blood thinning meds for heart valve but 

she can use the gels).

31/01/2014 at 08:40
I am allergic to them TT. Throat swells up. Gp says not to use the gel as he suspects there would be a reaction to that too
31/01/2014 at 09:29

Hubby did tax return at the bginning of January, glad didn't leave until last minute, very unusual for us I have to say!  Only had to do it because we're claiming child benefit and he earns over the threshold (I don't).  Think it works out that we actually get to keep two-thirds of our child benefit so it is actually worthwhile.  Agree online system is a nightmare though, much blue language from hubby when trying to use it!

JT, oh no - hope you're not going to have the whole reflux thing for a third time ...

Will back down on the gift tags - I thought they were something SIL had had done specially in her usual inimitable fashion!

Boo to the ear pain, CM, and a bummer that you can't take NSAIDs.  Hope the antibiotics kick in quickly for you and give some relief.

The grandparents of one of the children in K's class spoke to my mum at pick-up last night (Mum collects on Thursdays) to say that their granddaughter had had toothache at school the previous day and K had been incredibly kind looking after her and checking every few minutes to see if she was OK.  Bless him.  This is the kind of thing that makes me just as proud - if not more so - than any academic achievements.  Clearly although not Supermummy am managing to bring him up as a nice person

EF, lol at hubby sulking.  Mine does that too!

31/01/2014 at 09:46

i actually get a paper based copy of my tax return and fill it in and send it off. to avoid precisely what you are describing. plus i only have to fill a few sections in so it's easier to see and do on paper .that's a shocking confession from someone who works from a company which develops things like this on-line self assessment tool. we don't do that one but we do do other similar ones!

31/01/2014 at 11:52

Minks that is so nice when people tell u nice things 

about ur kids. The only thing I actually remember from 

Camryn's 1st parents night is that the teacher said she was a 

very kind hearted little girl, I nearly cried when she said that. 

So important to me that my kids r kind, caring people and 

would b horrified if they ever bullied anyone.

31/01/2014 at 12:45

Totally with you there, TT.  Kit is generally a very sweet and kind-hearted little boy - he must tell us he loves us about 20 times a day! - and I hope he stays that way.

31/01/2014 at 13:15

Aw he sounds like our Lewis. He is probably the sweetest child I have ever met... unlike his twin brother haha.

Nearly flung the phone through the window this morning, got so irate trying to phone HMRC. Couldn't get a human on the phone, queued for 20 mins then it just cut me off. Spoke to three advisers eventually to find out I have two online accounts, one is a ghost account?? anyway they are sending me out new details andI will have until 15th Feb to complete.

My legs are burning, got back from second run and decided to do squats and lunges. yowch!

CM - hope your lug is better. Sounds awful.

31/01/2014 at 13:37

oh god lotte - how frustrating

tears of frustration here today with work. not coping at all. feel entirely powerless and totally overwhelmed.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.