Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

41,901 to 41,920 of 43,609 messages
19/11/2014 at 11:20

Eek TB - that year has gone quickly!

Caro - hope you are ok today xxx

Hoggle - my 3 have to pack onto a 10ft trampoline - its still pretty big!

EF - hope the case gets sorted!

Think I have a sinus infection, vile bunged up nose and awful snot.  Did 3 miles this morning anyway which cleared it briefly!

19/11/2014 at 13:21

It is ages since I managed to post so no chance of name checking everyone from me either.

Last week was completely mad busy. Had to work everyday last week, plus friday night from 5-9 and then for a few hours on Sat. Add that to all the after school kids stuff and running 75 miles and it just gets a bit much! Was at XC on Sunday, organising and competing. So by Monday I was so glad of a day off and a long off roader instead of catching up on the housework! This week is a bit less hectic as only working my normal 3 days but do have to do another book launch on Friday night, then an all day athletics level 2 track officials course on Saturday.

Running going fine but serious spaegie (DOMS) after the XC. It was more like a fell race than a cross country I think. Ended up racing with 2nd place guy, I would hurtle past him on the downs and he passed me on the ups. Good fun! (Small field here so men and women run at the same time but men do an extra loop!)

Sophie's home economics class are doing a teenage takeover night in a local restaurant so looking forward to a 3 course meal instead of my track session! Taking Emily with me since hubby will be coaching football.

Interesting hearing about flooding. I have no other symptoms but do flood which I think doesn't help my very low iron. Was thinking about going on the pill or coil to help that. The flooding only lasts a day and a half but the low iron I think is having a real impact on my training. I just have a huge doctor aversion so never quite manage to get around to making an apt!

Sonya 4 is great! We thought our family was complete with 4, then had a nice little buy one get one free accident! So now 6 is perfect!

Anyhoo at work and everyone can see my computer as they walk past. Better get on with checking corrections on a book about the great war!

Hope you are doing ok Caro. x

19/11/2014 at 14:01

thinking of you caro x

and EF - that sounds stressful... I have stupid situation here at work too. we have a laptop clinic in the Students Union, which is for students to drop in at when they have IT issues... the space belongs to the SU tho and it's noisy, sometimes lots of music on. generally bit chilly as it's a big venue they use for gigs etc. and the area they carved us up isn't really fit for purpose.

anyhooo the woman who works there is a right drip. she cries at the opening of a crisp packet. we have just had a load of work done in there - the clinic has been closed for several days while we replaced desks and generally tried to make it a bit more suitable for them.

she barged into my office just before lunch, shouting, ranting and crying at me saying she will NOT work there, the desk is too small. 'it's the size you would buy a 7yr old to do his homework. I want a BIGGER DESK' etc etc.

tears, drama etc. then she stormed out.

marvellous... I just love it when this happens. of course, we've just paid for new desks because the previous set up wasn't good enough. and now she's ranting that she doesn't like the new set up either.

so now she'll go off sick and I will have to try and find someone to cover....

tbh she just needs sacking. she's so unreasonable about EVERYTHING. but obvs I can't do that!

19/11/2014 at 14:19

God CM some folk obvs don't have enough going on in their lives if all they can stress over is a desk! Or maybe she does have so much going on that this has pushed her over the edge. Either way I am glad my co-workers are all a very normal, down-to-earth hardworking bunch!

19/11/2014 at 14:26

lotte - she's a fruitcake. totally bonkers. I had a 1:1 with her last week and she cried twice in half an hour...

19/11/2014 at 17:56

Arsing sheriff decided she wants addressed on my motion to put off the hearing. On the day of the hearing. I cannot begin to express my frustration and stress over this. Luckily chap on other side is reasonable and we have now agreed that if She says she won't put it off then he will chuck the whole thing and we will start again. It is a ridiculous situation and only this one woman would allow it to happen. I tried to get the case called tomorrow or Friday instead but court refused. 

And tomorrow I go to London for partners conference and do my presentation on Friday. Slides are done. Actual spiel is not!! 

19/11/2014 at 18:01

Blimey, CM, a definite fruitloop there! 

Lotte - I love it that your day off is a long off roader instead of housework Sounds like what I do with my day off but my long run probably isn't as long as yours I love the word spaegie. I have spaegie ever so slightly in my right quad after 8 miles with the buggy today. Need to do a shorter one tomorrow before Friday's long run. Aiming for 17!! 

Right, best do the baths etc. JP is currently entertaining G with what he calls the 'backwards ride of terror' followed by the 'forward ride of doom' - basically he pushes her highchair around the kitchen at top speed.

19/11/2014 at 18:02

X posts EF, aaargghhh!! Not liking.

19/11/2014 at 18:32

Eek to picky sheriff, spaegies, sinus probs and wimpy, pathetic staff (perhaps you ought to remind her she works in a uni where NOWHERE is going to be quiet!)

Yippee to Caro kicking ass with the chemo, 1st birthday to G (where did that time go) and fab running. 

Our trampoline is 14 ft and it does swallow up space but the kids LOVE it so it is a worthwhile trade and you do get used to it. 

Managed a dash to the pool and did the IM distance again (3.8k) in 1 hr 40. Not quick and arms were very tired but at least i did it. How is your training RF? Are you ready to start a training plan? I am generally building anything and everything with the hope to add structure and bricks in the spring. EEK! 

19/11/2014 at 19:59

Aw TB - the big kids teach the babies so many naughty tricks, I caught Martha showing Benedict how to wiggle out the side of the trampoline net this afternoon!

Well done on the swim Camlo!

Lotte - just boggling at how much you get done as always!

CM - gawd, some people don't realise they are lucky to have a job.  She sounds like a fright.  Is the kitchen almost finished?  Is your new tap good??

So glad the chemo stage is over for you Caro!!

EF - hope you can get the case sorted out, extra stress you don't need either! xx

20/11/2014 at 03:33

Wide awake, coughing my lungs up.  It's now been at least 5 wks of coughing.  Think I'll make a 3rd trip to my GP tomorrow.  Not sure they can do much but its worth a go.  Chemo brain, no idea what any of you have done ( been swimming with crazy work  colleagues and drowned them......or maybe that's just in your dreams CM )   My sister is cooking lovely meals and they all taste wrong and not very nice.  

Now to try and get back to sleep......

20/11/2014 at 07:56

oh dear, caro. I hope you can get some sleep. coughing is the worst thing at night.

I am anticipating the fall out today of the woman's strop yesterday. I doubt she'll come in...

have to present to director this morning. not looking forward to it. she'll tear me to shreds and then spit me out no doubt. and my boss will be bog all help.

20/11/2014 at 13:33

So hows your day going CM, did she turn up and are you in shreds?

Hope you are feeling a bit better Caro (()) if you get a chance PM me you address and i will post that jacket.

Happy birthday G.

Been at chiro this morning. Some clunking of bits to straighten my wonky pelvis and needles stuck into my groin!! Hopefully that will help the groin niggle I have at the mo.

20/11/2014 at 13:43

surprise of surprises - she did turn up. and what's more the director didn't chew me up and spit me out. she did do that to my boss, though, in a completely unreasonable manner. I think she's slightly psycho...

am now going to have to tell one of my team members that someone's complained about him. ha! that's always nice to do.

happy birthday G! can't believe how fast that year has gone!

20/11/2014 at 19:12

Messaged u on FB Lotte.  Feeling pretty poo.

Quick question, what do people do for kid's verrucas these days?

20/11/2014 at 19:35

Take that as a massive win for the day CM!

Hope EF's presentation went well in London and not too many nightmares were caused by that freaky painting on FB!!

How long is your sister still with you Caro? STink that you have the bonus of someone doing the cooking and you can't even enjoy it though!

I am feeling a bit broken today from overdoing things yesterday. Flat out with work etc then took M for a bike ride along the coastal path in between daycare and birthday party yesterday but didn't agree on how far she could go before stopping and waiting - nearly had to flag down a passing cyclist to go after her!! SO ended up walking much further/faster than I prob should! Birthday party was fun and M so knackered that when we got home at 6 she had a bath and bed with no dinner and no fuss!! Cold still sticking around - coughing constantly is not compatible with being 37 weeks pregnant my poor pelvic floor is clearly useless!! ALright after that TMI I best go and get some work done!!

20/11/2014 at 19:49

for both of mine I have used some scholl verucca removal stuff. stings like hell apparently but both kids have tolerated and it works well. J had one for about 2 years and It was starting to really bother him so I decided to treat it in the end. so when E got one I treated it straight away and it cleared up after 2 applications. think they might have to be 5 though.

20/11/2014 at 20:19

Archie had a foot full of verucca, tried all sorts of paints but then used duct tape and it cleared most within a few weeks. One is being stubborn and a friend told me to use a dab of cider vinegar which i am not sure is helping yet! 

Hoggle - Mums who keep up exercise have easier births! Go Girl X

Caro - hope taste buds recover before sis goes.

CM yippee to boss copping it rather than you! 

20/11/2014 at 20:52

I was at uni with a girl whose mum told her to tape a piece of banana skin to her foot over the verucca - it was MANKY!!!

20/11/2014 at 21:09

Lol Hoggle! I bet that was an interesting smell after a while...

CM - glad today was a better work day  

Hope the cough is better soon, Caro I think we used some kind of freeze thing for JP when he had a verruca. It worked a treat. 

Have had a good birthday with G, although she has had a bit of a grumpy day today. Think she might be having a growth spurt as she is eating everything in sight! She doesn't seem to be as interested in my milk now though - don't think it'll be long before she finishes. Quite sad about that but then it will mean the end of nursing bras! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.