Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

41,901 to 41,920 of 47,142 messages
02/07/2013 at 15:36

Brill thanks Vixo. Am going to try this cake http://www.bakedecoratecelebrate.com/projects/scaryspidercake.cfm could be adopted for wooly and tig I would think.

ef- hope you're doing well and scbu aren't too heavily involved. Xxx

02/07/2013 at 16:40

Wow JT, looking forward to seeing some pictures of the finished article.

EF - I'm SO happy for you, he had reached a good size despite being early, looking forward to hearing all about it when you get time, and he is BEAUTIFUL, congratulations.

Camlo, your extension looks absolutely awesome (sorry, very American there but no English words really cover it!).

02/07/2013 at 16:41

Anj, hope you are OK and the run helps you to get your head straight.

My head on backwards at the moment, business tough and we are struggling with the decision of what to do at our new piece of land.  Camlo, please can we borrow your husband to come and build us a house?  You and the boys can come too.....

02/07/2013 at 17:05

Congrats EF

02/07/2013 at 18:38

Anj - it's horrible when you feel like that, but not unusual, I think many of us can relate to that feeling at times!!! Hopefully the run helped, and I'm sure the starting of your course will help too.

Fantastic to see EFs news over on FB, so hope they are all getting on OK. He does look gorgeous.

02/07/2013 at 19:34

CC another great race and fab race report.  Can't imagine you as a nervous newbie somehow!  The finish must have been frustrating as hell having to dodge the Sunday potterers at the end of all of that.

02/07/2013 at 19:43

race results up ... 181 finishers, I was 100th, 41 women finished and I was 13th of them, so I'm happy with that

02/07/2013 at 20:00

Wow, well in the top half of the women and not too shabby overall either!

Someone please give me a kick up the arse, I have lots to do but keep coming on here and FB.  OK, going to write some cheques so I can at least cross a few things off the list even if not the things that are highest priority.

02/07/2013 at 22:06

Wow awesome news for EF!!!

Sorry to hear you are feeling hemmed in Anj - get your training done etc and then move out here!!! I need a good osteo!!!

JT I hope all is ok with you - very stressful ((()))

02/07/2013 at 22:21

great news, EF. well done. hope you aren't too sore and the wee man is doing okay. I assume you had a frantic evening after your quorn cottage pie situation

02/07/2013 at 22:37

Fab news EF

read back bur need to sleep now.

R"s 7 th birthday tomorrow so up late ( for me!) cake baking n present wrapping!!!

night

02/07/2013 at 22:38

Congrats to EF, can't wait to hear more but guessing she has more to think about at the moment!! 

Boo to feeling hemmed in, worrying about op and being too distracted to work!

Yippee to cake planning and scrummy newborns!!!! 

Spent an hour with the Physio earlier, he certainly hit the spot (in my butt) and now got  stretches to do to free sciatic nerve. Glad you liked the pics on fb, Hubby is quite handy building it all himself but I will be glad to get back to normal. It has been tough with him either holed up in our extension or out doing work for others most evenings and weekends. 

02/07/2013 at 23:20

That cake is incredible RF!! I love decorating birthday cakes (not that good though) but M's will be very basic this year as I am simply too rushed.

Flying down to Wellington tomorrow for the day for work and then driving down to the farm Fri am for the night for my mums birthday dinner and Matilda's birthday morning tea the next day then back home at lunchtime as we have a mid-winter Christmas party to go to (NZ thing where you celebrate xmas when its actually cold!). So much to do before then and am desperately trying to convince myself that I can get it all done and still go to bookgroup tonight - hmmmm why am I on here then.....

03/07/2013 at 11:07

Have arranged for my lovely friend who lost her son to collect me and take me out to the airport so that we can hang out for a couple of hours - makes the whole annoying work trip worthwhile for me!

03/07/2013 at 14:31

Am at work, been for a 2.75 mile run at lunch time - and am now eating vast quantities of Thorntons chocolates.......kind of defeats the point!  They're not even nice, they're just there........

Am dying to hear more about Fraser

03/07/2013 at 14:54

Ooooh Caro, Thorntons, yum yum,  Can't remember the last time I had them.

I think we all are desperate to hear more about 'our' new baby.  Come on EF, it's not as if you have anything better to do!

Hoggle, sounds good that you get to fit in some girl time with your friend, how are she and her husband doing now?  Will your Mum be able to come and stay when you have your operation to help out?

RF, I agree, the cake looks fab, well done.  You ladies all put me to shame.  Max's 1st and 2nd birthday cakes were shop bought.  I did make his 3rd but it was from a packet mix and the icing and filling all slid off in the heat so it looked pretty sad by the time we came to cut it!  She looked like one happy girl on FB today too.

03/07/2013 at 15:20

TT I think Thorntons are really bad chocolate - but then compared to Hersheys they're probably amazing!  Give me Swiss choc or green and blacks any day.

Yes....cakes.  I do enjoy making Matilda's cakes but I find it quite time consuming and stressful as well.  I do cheat a bit as I make a large madeira cake, and icit, but then put a cake topper on top - the one of this yr has Rapunzel on it at her request, and I have also ordered a Rapunzel doll to stand on top!  Hopefully it wont be too big.....

03/07/2013 at 16:00

I know I've been here too long as I actually enjoyed some Hersheys yesterday

03/07/2013 at 16:07

Hello!

Also waiting for more info from EF about her lovely new baby boy

Back from two weeks all inclusive in Corfu - it was overall quite relaxing (as much as can be expected with two toddlers) and I am tanned - from near 40C temps - and nearly 3kgs heavier! - from constant yummy greek food, puddings, baklava, icecream, dodgy cocktails and wine. Can no longer do up my skinny jeans but it was worth it  

Too much to read back on but skim read and hope all still ok JT. Sorry to hear op is necessary hoggle but sounds like it will all be worth it long term. MM - nasty fall and what a rude man for not stopping!! Rf- awesome cake!!

03/07/2013 at 16:08

And I still can't run either So looks like I'll have to eat less to get my jeans to fit again

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.