Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

41,921 to 41,940 of 43,686 messages
20/11/2014 at 23:15

TB - well done on feeding her for a whole year!  Yes bras are just the worst - I remember buying my first normal bra again and was so excited at how pretty they were !

Boo to the cough Caro, is that a side effect or unrelated?  Not nice anyway.  Roll on the next couple of days until you start feeling better.

Exciting news of my day is that I went for an interview today and GOT THE JOB!! I still can't quite believe it .  It's not the most exciting job in the world, but most importantly it is part-time and permanent, and at the University as a bonus.  2 days a week which is fine at the moment - means some regular income, more than I've been earning recently (not hard!) and some recent admin experience  for me.  They said they thought I would fit in really well .  It's a new role job-shared with someone else, so who knows how it'll turn out but a job's a job and I'm very happy .  I start in January.

About time too seeing as I'm spending for Christmas and we are running out of money constantly already!  Could be credit card time...

20/11/2014 at 23:16

That should say nursing bras are just the worst - I'm not a secret naturist or anything 

21/11/2014 at 03:33

Jg - fantastic news!!

ive heard of the banana skin thing too. 

Wondering if caro is awaKe. I have hideous sore throat and can't make tea as kitchen out of bounds due to floor having been latexed so I can't get to fridge. Bit stressed about throat as am rerecording all the outgoing messages on the service desk today and have Welsh speaker coming in to record them with me as they have to be bilingual. I have such a sore throat im not sure I'm going to be able to do it!

21/11/2014 at 06:55

Hope you feel better CM xx

Martha has a verucca, I am mostly leaving it alone as personally mine have only gone with time rather than treatment, but I have heard the duct tape, banana skin and vinegar solutions.  The odd thing is that she really dislikes me treating it so I am ignoring it!!!  I'd have thought a dab of vinegar wouldn't upset her but she makes such a fuss!!!!

JG - great news about the job!!

TB - well done on feeding for a year, it was so nice to get back into normal bras when I finished!!

21/11/2014 at 09:17
Both mine have had verrucas and tried the freeze spray and the bazuka gel but it's hit & miss. Sometimes works well sometimes doesn't and as Camryn only has one and it's not spreading I have chosen not to go through the trauma. She wears swim socks at swimming, not the rubbery ones but stretchy Lycra ones and I am just waiting for it to run its course. As it's not spreading or getting bigger I assume her body is fighting the virus quite effectively. Have read if u let body destroy it itself then u won't get them again but don't know if that is true.
21/11/2014 at 09:29
I am tentatively making a pledge not to run til January. Had eleven days of no running and then ran again Wednesday and all niggles were still there so it's exercise bike til New yr. Have a groin strain (hip flexor thing?)I think, not bn right since Antonine trail race and hurts when lift knee, when knee lowers and esp when leg goes back into push off, doesn't hurt at Pilates or on bike. So lots of biking and stretching if I can hack it and hopefully b back running pain free in January. Don't know if I can do it tho.

Got Doc app to discuss the sweating/itching/fatigue thing on 3rd Dec but just to worry me more I had smear yesterday and cervix bled and nurse said there was what looks like a polyp so have bn referred to gynaecologist and now I'm wortying sick it's something bad even tho it's probably just a benign polyp which I assume can b triggered by perimenopause as women in their 40s/50s are most likely to get benign polyps. Haven't even told hubby as can't bring myself to explain what it might & might not be.
21/11/2014 at 09:41

Tt - I never managed to fight mine off. had some for about 7 years... in the end I had to have them removed as they spread all over the ball of my foot and I couldn't walk normally!

21/11/2014 at 09:42

oh tt - hugs. it's probably nothing to worry about. how long do you think you'll have to wait for a gynae appt. have you had anything like that before? xx

21/11/2014 at 15:40

Hugs TT ((())) Hope you don't have to wait too long for your referral. And boo to not running. Just boo. If you did a teensy bit in your lovely new trainers though?  

Hope the throat is better, CM

LOL at the bras, JG! And fab news on the job - it sounds great. Every now and again I get a little pang to go back to work (not teaching though) but then I change my mind! I think something part-time would suit within the next couple of years. I don't think there will be any more babies so it would be good to have something once G goes to school (can't believe I said that!!). I'm currently in negotiations with a publisher about my PhD so that's keeping my mind occupied. They loved the proposal and sample chapter so have now got to send the whole thing. Fingers crossed!

17 miles done this morning and I am now pooped. Good job it's the party for G tomorrow as it means we have loads of food in the house...Hope I manage to save some!

21/11/2014 at 19:55
No idea how long referral will b CM, but am kind of thinking if it's a while then it's not likely to b anything to worry about. If comes in quickly I will b more concerned but at same time I'd rather know whether it's something to worry about sooner rather than wks & wks away. Never had any polyps or anything before but did have laser treatment for precancerous cells when I was 18 and had yearly smears for 5 yrs after that and have had every 3 yrly smear since. I got recalled once, think it was after had Camryn but 2nd smear was fine.

Ooh have a fabulous party tomorrow TB could do with filling my face with party food right now, haven't bn buying sweets or biscuits so house is 'stuff ur face' free zone
21/11/2014 at 20:18

TT it depends whether they put you down for an urgent referral or not.  If the dr even mentioned the C word or said anything about ruling it out, then you have to be seen by a consultant within 2 wks, according to the guidlines.  If you're remotely worried, which you obviously are, it's worth chasing it up next wk, finding out what kind of referral it was, why the dr made that kind of referral and when you can expect an appt.  

hope G had a fun b day.  I have been in bed most of the past 3 days, still feeling pretty poo.  Big sis leaves on Monday, which in a way is good as it means it's over, but it certainly doesn't feel over.  I don't feel like celebrating.  You celebrate good things, not the end of bad things. 

Made my Xmas cake today hope it turns out nice.  I pity the poor people who have to have chemo right before Xmas, hopefully my taste buds will have returned to normal by then and I'll actually be able to enjoy food again.  Have gone amazon crazy in my shopping, can't be bothered to go anywhere but desperate not to leave it to the last minute.

anyway, have nice wk ends everyone.

21/11/2014 at 23:29

Yes sad to see your sis go but for all the right reasons .  My mum still has a drain in her leg and it keeps leaking everywhere (clear stuff though apparently - sorry TMI!).  She was in Bedford with one sis but had to go back to Norwich today so my other sis took her and I think she's not back with her in Oakham - I lose track!  Hopefully she can have it removed on Monday, but apparently it's still draining too much.  Not sure what it drains - is it just the wound healing or something Caro?

In-laws moggy was put to sleep today  She was about 18 and had apparently not eaten for days and just didn't seem happy.  The vet said there were loads of things wrong with her so they decided to end it for her there and then.  Sophie is a bit sad but I tried to explain that she's happy now she's gone to sleep and to moggy heaven .

Anyway, I am shattered and we've got crack of dawn swimming tomorrow followed by my probably freezing soggy 10k race on Sunday!  Yawn...

22/11/2014 at 00:41

Not read back much but I survived presentation. Some decent feedback from managing partner who wasnt there as he's in a different sector but said he was told it was a strong performance so that's nice. 

Just in bedrm. Knackered. Too much wine. Now scoffing biscuits and drinking tea! 

Camlo    pirate
22/11/2014 at 08:55

Hope you arent nursing a sore head this morning EF?! 

Smears are funny old things, the majority of concerns turn out to be fine but very worrying until you have that confirmed ((((tt)))). Will you be able to hold out until January?

JG - Moggy heaven is full of purring, stretching and snoring.... Good that it is clear and not bloody (I think). Well done on job! 

Fab running Tatty, you are racking up fair mileage this year. 

Yum to getting xmas cake made Caro, i agree it is a bitter sweet time. 

10 miles to trot later, just opened my birthday cards and got a toothbrush off Hubby. 

22/11/2014 at 09:19
Erm is that a good present Camlo? Like some fancy gizmo toothbrush that u hav wanted for ages or oh dear?

Many happy returns either way ( I would do party hats and streamers if I could but phone doesn't let me) x
22/11/2014 at 09:40

Happy Birthday Camlo!

22/11/2014 at 09:52

happy birthday! (have a hope for you that the toothbrush is electric and whizzy - and not just an unsubtle hint )

good news on the new job, and the presentation, and the lady not kicking off and bosses being fairly reasonable.

no idea bout verrucae (spell check insists that's how I pluralise it!). have never heard of the duck tape solution but will file that information at the back of my head should it be useful.

hope the gynae referral comes through quickly so that there isn't a long wait for answers.

well, I've got a date for a shoulder op. 12th dec. which is a bit, ummm, quick. i need a bit of bone (about the size of a big conker) removed from my left shoulder. i only saw the consultant bloke about 3 weeks ago. I'm off to chat to them on Thursday to find out what the post-op deal is. OH drives taxis and Christmas is his bumper time of year, so i am really hoping that i am back and all parts are working within 48 hours so that i can manage the kids and he can go to work.

22/11/2014 at 14:22

Happy birthday camlo!

hugs TT. Difficult time. 

I am soooo tired!  Head not too bad. Meetings started again at 8.10am. Yawn. Now on train home. Zzzzzzzzzzz. 

22/11/2014 at 17:15

Happy birthday camlo!

man we are a healthy bunch on here......not!

22/11/2014 at 21:12

Blimey Ikkle that is a quick turnaround for surgery!! Always tricky when you have logistics of family esp at Christmas

Well I have FINALLY started to get off my butt and get organised for this baby! Have inherited a set of drawers from a friend so have somewhere to put clothes and am now in the washing and sorting process. Lent a lot of clothes to my sister and her first was a bad reflux baby so a lot of them are pretty ruined - its those horrible yellow stains that don't show up until later so she would be a bit mortified I think if she saw the state some of the stuff has come back in!! Luckily I have a lot of hand me downs this time around. Moses basket also borrowed and carseat out and cleaned so if nothing else gets done at least we'd manage for the first wee while.

Had planned a lie-in and relaxing morning yesterday while hubby spent time with M but she was obviously under the weather and in a nightmare mood so we all just suffered through it all day - thank god she's not like that often! Today she asked if they could go to the walk they had planned for yesterday so off they went at about 7.30 and I got my lie-in - yay! Feeling much better as a result. Now just need the rain to stay away so I can get some outside jobs done and washing dried!

TT I hope you get your referral soon. I've had lots of treatment for bad smear results so know how stressful it is. Got sent a letter after a LETZ saying they wanted me to come in to discuss my results - freaked out totally but when I phoned them they said oh its just standard procedure all is fine - I complained and they have since changed the wording of the letter so as not to insight completely unnecessary panic in other women.

EF well done on the presentation, glad you have that ticked off your list!

M came in and asked how Father Christmas would get into our house yesterday - first real discussions about Christmas and I am EXCITED!! Can't wait to do Christmas with a littlie who 'gets' it now! She is going to love all of it and it will be a really nice distraction from everything baby that will be going on as well!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.