Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

41,941 to 41,960 of 43,501 messages
22/11/2014 at 22:07

I had about 15 packages from amazon arrive this morning.  I am playing the ' I really can buy everything without leaving the house' game!  And I I am being organised for once!   We had the Xmas fayre of the other school today- not nearly as good as ours will be of course but still fun, and the kids went to see father Christmas and Eric didn't freak.  

I just wish I could stop coughing.  Fed up with it now.......

yes v quick turnaround icklem maybe maybe they want to get it out the way before Xmas!?  Hope it doesn't scupper plans too much though.

23/11/2014 at 09:16
I do loads of my Christmas shopping online, saves on fuel, parking and time and u can often get stuff cheaper.
23/11/2014 at 09:22
Hubby did good, after I told him not to get me a birthday pressie as we're going out to dinner, he got me flowers, green & blacks chocolate ( those were from Cam), a bottle of champagne and one of those fancy decorated wine glasses. I have bought them for other people many times and never had one myself.

Cam is going to a Build a bear party this morning so Nat & I R off to wander round the shops and drink calorific coffee for a couple of hrs while she parties.
23/11/2014 at 09:32

errr Tangy did you keep your birthday quiet on here? 

Old toothbrush went ZZZZZZZZZZ ZZ ZZ ZZ new toothbrush goes EEEEEEE beep EEEEEEE beep EEEEEEEE beep EEEEEEEEEE stop. Its a sonic one!! 

Did my race and ran like a demon. Had a few beers but didnt enjoy them really and feel bloated this morning 

Hoggle hope you can rest a bit too and enjoy the last bit. it is lovely when kids get excited about xmas isnt it. 

Ikkle - at least it will be sorted but I guess lifting will need some thinking about.

Caro- i like shopping on line - you can still go to the shops to look and enjoy the atmosphere without having to suffer till queues and carrying bags, all good!  

23/11/2014 at 09:35

Hahaha tangy cross posts!! I thought it was your birthday too! Glad you got some nice  treats. 

23/11/2014 at 13:07

Barnsley 10k done   Near-pb time and pb for that course so I'm happy!  Just been told to have a shower by Sophie...!

My mum's got an infection in her wound so is on ABs now, staying at my sister's.  Other sister is being all arsey about everything, basically because she's knackered and can't cope with looking after my mum anymore (she had her all week I think and had to do 2 long trips to Norwich hospital) but taking it out on the rest of the family is really not helping!  I might have to go down and collect her tomorrow, possibly bring her back here or go and stay with her for a few days.  Depends if they take her drain out or not - I imagine not if it's recently been infected?  Wish I could help more but I'm too far away and my sister making me feel bad is not helping!  Sister now says she is suffering from SAD and is knackered - I do think these things coincide with TOTM with her though!

Well done Camlo on the run and happy birthday!

23/11/2014 at 14:12

Well done jg and happy birthday tt!!

PG3
23/11/2014 at 14:48

Hello

Happy bday Camlo and TT.  

JG - good running but  about your mum.  It's a tough situation and its bound to cause tensions between family members.  I guess all you can do is try and be tolerant with each other.  Not easy though.

Caro - hope you the fog is starting to clear for you.  Hopefully the taste buds will be back for Dec when you really need them to be ok and you can indulge in everything.

Still waiting to find out if the bank will loan us enough money to keep the flat and still buy the house.  The lady who offered on our flat is probably getting annoyed by our evasiveness by now (she offered on Monday).  We are both now really set on trying to keep the flat so i hope it works out.

8.5 mile run yesterday.  Just over 2 weeks of mat leave left and then its back to work.  I am hoping that i can get some more runs in when back at work as its tough now, although i do get every thursday to myself and i do a long bike ride.  I will miss that.

23/11/2014 at 18:32

Chip time provisionally has me 19 secs slower than my Garmin - not sure how the times ended so different!  Good job I didn't look at my watch in  the last mile anyway 

Happy birthday TT - sorry thought I'd misread it earlier! 

Yay to the run PG3 - you might just have to juggle things but you WILL fit in your running!

Hope the tastebuds and all other side effects are improving Caro.

23/11/2014 at 21:08

Well I queried it with the timing guy and it was a mistake so I'm back to the time on my watch, hooray  Not quite sure how they missed me though...!

23/11/2014 at 21:08

Happy birthday I think it was TT and Camlo? 

24/11/2014 at 00:43
Thank u everyone for the birthday wishes, had a lovely day. Shopping and out for lunch and dinner. Out for dinner with my best friend tomorrow too, got kitchen full of wine and champagne and lovely gifts.

I did try to post yesterday and lost the whole bl**dy post grrrr. Thankfully ditching our crappy 1.5-2mb Sky broadband for 150mb Virgin in a few wks yeah.

Had some good news on Thurs after shitty morn with smear etc, my little bro went to doc and spilled his guts that he might b bipolar. He told me about a month ago and can't believe I didn't see it b4, but he was refusing to go to doc as he's lived with it for 25 yrs and wouldn't admit it was a problem. He goes for days without sleeping, has never held a job dwn, hasn't had a relationship in 15 yrs and he is the most intelligent loveliest person I know. It's so sad that he has had life pass him by because of this and has bn secretly struggling with it on his own. I see him loads sometimes and then he just goes off the radar for months because he has hidden away when he is depressed or extra manic. Mad with myself for not seeing it, I often thought to myself that Russell Brand reminds me a lot of him as he has a similar ability to talk the hind legs off a donkey at super speed with superb wit and intelligence, which makes it all the more bonkers that I didn't see it. He often takes jobs that involve heavy labour and works 12 hr shifts just to exhaust himself enough he can sit still without shaking. It's huge weight off my mind that he has gone to doc and they r doing a load of blood tests to rule out things like thyroid issues and to check his liver and kidneys as he's admitted he uses alcohol at times to sleep and he's bn referred to psychiatrist. Just hope it goes well and they can help him. I know he's not keen to go on meds and I can understand that esp as he has never bn psychotic or suicidal so hopefully suffers from milder form of bipolar, but if they can help him to sleep regularly that would b a huge thing.

Well done on the 10k JG and can't even imagine doing all that training when just coming to the end of maternity leave PG3, fantastic!
24/11/2014 at 16:52

TT - hugs to you, that must be very tough for your brother to admit after so long.  I hope they can give him the help he needs.  My BIL recently admitted he suffered with depression a couple of years ago, and none of us ever knew.

24/11/2014 at 16:54

Oh and my mum has now been readmitted with an intravenous antibiotic drop as the infection isn't going away properly.  So easier for us all and maybe when she comes out I can actually go down and take her home and she'll be able to manage.

24/11/2014 at 17:20
((JG)) hope she improves quickly so hard when ur parents r sick
24/11/2014 at 21:38

Happy Birthday TT - glad your brother is getting help, hopefully life will get better for him now xx

JG - hope your mum is better soon too, sounds stressful also xx

I had Sunday off to try and shift whatever I've got, felt a lot better this morning, hopefully will get out for a run on Wednesday.  Had an enjoyable morning at a craft event school organised learning how to crochet!!

24/11/2014 at 21:55

TT - great news that your brother has been to see someone. Hopefully now he can get the right support to help him. Going to the docs is always the hardest part, I think! 

JG - hope your mum is better soon Well done on the racing though - speedy!

Kinsey - I fancy learning to crochet but I'm quite daunted by it! I enjoy knitting when I have the time/inclination! I did loads when I was pregnant but I've got a scarf I still haven't finished since just before Giovanna was born. I should finish it really as it is to go with a hat. Is it easy enough or is it as complicated as it seems?!

Legs feeling pretty tired today on a six miler so think I need an easy day tomorrow. Or maybe a rest day! What's one of those, I hear you all say 

Sent my PhD off to the publisher today They really liked the sample so hopefully they'll like the whole thing. I've also got a little project (hmm, well, actually quite big!) editing a collection of articles - it's really good because that'll be another book with my name on. Have decided to try to raise my research profile while G is little and I can then apply for academic posts once she is in school. Ben is so wrapped up in his work that I need something else apart from the kids to focus on - but that's another (very long and boring) story!

24/11/2014 at 22:24

Sorry butting in yet again after months of 'lurking'!! Happy Birthday to all celebrating - I've been with my hubby for over 20 years & in that time have only ever had 4 birthday/christmas presents - two of which he sold!! lol!!!

So lovely to see all the old names still keeping this thread going - am in awe of most of you juggling work & home commitments as well as being amazing runners/sportswomen - puts me to shame to be honest!

Anyway, I came on to here to say to Caro to hang in there - i know my sis at the end of her chemo & then radiotherapy was in a state of anti climax - bald, feeling shite & without any prognosis for the future - I'm not sure how she managed it (similar circumstances to yourself - young children etc) but somehow she came out the other side - 6 years on she is well - all clear - and now on 12 monthly check ups. We look back now and suddenly realise how poorly she was, when at the time you just get through it - but thats the point Caro - you will get through it. So easy for me to say i know as its not been me experiencing the shit, but i just wanted to say what an inspiration you are. Sorry to waffle on about such non running related issues, but there aren't many times when what i have to say is worth it - but really felt this waffle was worth it  xxxx 

24/11/2014 at 23:38

Wow TT that is great but scary at the same time. Was there something that pushed him to go and see a DR after all this time? 

JG sounds like your mum is in the best place - hope she comes right very soon.

TB - exciting re. your PHD and research project ideas!

I've just spent a morning dashing round town getting little jobs donw. Feel like I've accomplished loads before 11am! I love living in a relatively small place where it doesn't take ages to get from a to b. I also love that I can disappear off and do that because I did some work last night to free up some time while the shops are open. I am now pretty much all sorted for Christmas, just my sisters birthday present (19 Dec) to do and I'm done!!

PG3
25/11/2014 at 00:02

TT - better late than never.  I hope he gets help soon.  Poor guy living with a tough situation.

JG - sorry to hear about your mum. I hope she is better and home soon.

Kinsey - hope the lurgy passes.

TB - I have lots of respect for anyone who manages a PhD.

Hoggle - I was actually thinking about you today as I was feeling a little sad at the thought of going back to work in a few weeks, and i didnt feel like this the first time round.  There are plenty of reasons but i think a big one is that the first time, I sometimes felt a little lonely with just a baby but with 3 of us (my daughter does 3 full days in nursery so its not like i  have them all the time), its more fun.

I ate and drank far too much rubbish at the weekend and have been wanting to carry it on today, arghh.  I fall off the wagon so easily.  I haven't been too bad today so hopefully I wont look at every shop with a watering mouth, thinking about biscuits/crisps/anything bad.  A few days is fine, but i cant let it go on and on as I have a half marathon in a few weeks.  My arse wobbles enough at this weight!  Whilst out cycling on Thursday, I was called a 'big arsed lady' by some fat twat in a car.  Yes, it's true but he was a heart attack waiting to happen!  Cheek!

best head to sleep, its 12!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.