Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

41,941 to 41,960 of 47,552 messages
07/07/2013 at 06:02

Ha ha JT, rather hot restless night from Benedict unfortunately.  Loving the sun, was at Henley yesterday on the Progress Board for the morning which was good fun and I'm finally getting some child free time too!

We are all going today and Alan is going to have to shepherd the kids for a couple of hours while I do Commentary stuff.  This is the first Henley where I can remember the weather being this sunny - hooray!

07/07/2013 at 20:48

Wow it's been mega quiet on here, where are ya all????

hope Frasers temp is coming up EF & you get back home soon, he is a wee monkey isn't he??!!!! How's he doing otherwise and how are you recovering??? Hope getting a few hours kip

yay to a few hours child free Kinsey

did you see the tennis, wow I was nearly having kittens, awesome result and so pleased for Andy Murray to at last win.

Busy night shift again, no break in the 12.5 Hrs, grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Had 3 hrs sleep, bit of breakfast/lunch then did a 13 mile MTB ride. Was nice. Then watched the tennis. Working again tomorrow, but a day shift so have to be up at 5.45 aaw yawn, think I will be tired.

hope all well with everybody else

07/07/2013 at 21:30

hope Lotte got on OK, yippee to commentating at Henley and open water swims but boo to busy shifts, little sleep and poorlies! Missed the bit about our new baby being a bit cold? Hope he is OK EF. 

Goodness knows how people are managing to race in this heat! felt so sorry for the players inWimbledon as they looked like they were suffering from sunstroke! 

Sciatica bit better so up early for a slow 8 miles. Hubby was supposed to work but we thought stuff it and took the kids down to the river and had a little swim instead,  laughed so hard I nearly inhaled the water! Fab afternoon with the tennis and a BBQ and spending my 2nd night in my new bed........BLISS! 

07/07/2013 at 22:24

I can't imagine being cold, our bedroom is 25c tonight.  Hope the electric blankets do the trick soon EF.  Bet you're glad you listened to the hospital about the blankets though.

fab wk end, spent the afternoon in the gdn drinking fizz having a small family party for my sisters 40th which is in a couple of wks.  Kept going in to watch the tennis-fab result, the dour scot has grown on me over the yrs

07/07/2013 at 23:09

Sounds like lots of lovely weekends had by all! Possible exception being EF - although hopefully you are doing ok! Hope Fraser is warming up nicely now!!

I'm opposite of you Caro - can't imagine being warm! Actually not been too bad but another cold snap coming through!!

We had a lovely night down at the farm. It was my Mum's 65th birthday so we had a dinner on the Friday night (they currently have not kitchen so we brought the main and my sister the dessert and my brother brought the bubbles. Mu doesn't want presents anymore so we have decided this is the best compromise. Mum was thrilled to have the whole family there to celebrate on her birthday for the first time in 15 years or so!! On Saturday we had a wee party to celebrate M's birthday (this Thur). She loves the farm so much that no party was really necessary!! When we pulled up on Friday she sighed and said 'So happy'!! Several trips out in the truck with Grandad, playing in a digger and plenty of animals equals one very happy little girl!! We are having a small party on Saturday with a few little friends but very low key!

I've decided that the silver lining to my operation is that I have to go off the pill now and stay off for 2 months after surgery - blood clots I guess?? not sure. Anyway hubby and I have agreed that I will stay off so that hopefully we can start trying for baby no. 2 in the new year. Just need to get myself mended by then!!!

Man I have a HEAP of work to get done today and I am playing around on the internet - MUST STOP PROCRASTINATING.....

08/07/2013 at 00:29

Just wanted to say well done Andy Murray and what 

an amazing day for the people of Dunblane, it will b nice for them 

to be known for something other than the awful atrocity 

that wounded their town (although they are officially a city I believe, but it's tiny) 

08/07/2013 at 05:08

Well said TT. I agree the guy has grown on me over the years too. He was very gracious in defeat last year and deserved it this year. 

so lovely to come back from holidays to all this lovely sunshine! I have another growth scan today (can't remember if I told you all that my 20 week scan showed baby was titchy - not even on the centile scale for some measurements). We obviously panicked that it wasn't developing properly and the consultant wouldn't speculate or tell us anything (v cautious lawyer of him!) just said we had to come back. Really hope it's all ok. I've spend the last few weeks worrying. 

08/07/2013 at 07:26

hope all goes well Brookie 

08/07/2013 at 07:54

hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go....... bed lush but black outs aren't quite enough so awake from 6 (yes, that's too early for me...)

Hope baby has grown for you Brookie xx

08/07/2013 at 12:00

Hope all is good today at your growth scan Brookie. Please let us know all is ok. Shall be thinking of you today.

08/07/2013 at 12:40
Yes, thinking of you Brookie, and hope it's all ok.

EF - about 10 minutes outside down here today and your little man would be toastie warm and definitely not in need of any jaundice lights. (might have to overlook a bit of sunburn though, so maybe not such a good solution!). Thinking of you too and hoping you're back home soon. Can't remember when Lou's birthday is but hope you make it!
08/07/2013 at 13:47

Hoping everything is ok for you Brookie xx

08/07/2013 at 13:59

Brookie I hope it goes ok. Xx 

08/07/2013 at 15:46

Hope it goes ok too Brookie. And EF, hope your lovely baby boy has warmed up a bit.

08/07/2013 at 16:42

We're out the incubator and now monitoring how he goes. Last temp check 36.7. He has crazy amounts of clothing on! Plus 4 folded blankets now one of which is swaddling so that's 10 layers of blanket! 

08/07/2013 at 17:32

Oh bless EF! There's nothing quite like the road to going home is there? I'll never forget being so glued to Archie's sat level that they turned the machine off and did bi hourly tests! How are the bilirubin levels going?

brookie - thinking of you xxx

sounds like some lovely weekends were had by all.

ted come home delighted today as he is going on the 98%+ attendance trip. It's to the cinema and as a double treat its on his birthday! I on the other hand ended up down RGH again (I now have open access to the gynae ward!) as yet another small bleed. It  

08/07/2013 at 17:35

Was old blood so they think the remains of last weeks bleed. It was the infamous obs &gynae Consultant today who usually is doom watch itself and she was fairly positive and scan was fine so hoping that may be the last.  Don't really want to bolt from work again!

08/07/2013 at 17:45

howJohn long will it be until he can regulate his temperature a bit better EF, hope you are doing ok too xx

08/07/2013 at 18:04

Hi all. Thank u all SO much for the kind comments. Scan and appt with consultant went better than I'd ever have hoped for. Saw a different man who was lovely and so matter of fact but so reassuring at the same time. He said my baby was still small "you aren't going to deliver Arnold Scwarzeneggwr") but was growing normally. It is tracking just below the 3rd centile but is fine. He was not worried at all. 

Then he discussed delivery. The consultant I saw last time said he wouldn't advise a cesarean and made me go see more midwives to discuss a natural birth. This consultant was like, no way, unless you are hell bent on a natural birth, c section is the way to go! I said I was happy with that and he booked me in there and then. HUGE weight off my mind! Best do tea for E now. More later. 

08/07/2013 at 20:38

Brookie, that's fab news, so happy to hear it.

((JT)), this little one is really putting you through it too, please let that be the last of it now.

EF - poor little thing must be smothered under all that weight!  What is the reason for his low temperature?  Do they know?  I've never heard of that before.  Hope your room mate is nice and quiet for you tonight.

CM - fab looking cake on FB and sounds as though J had a great birthday.

JT, so nice that the school rewards the ones who don't miss classes.  Hope he has fun.

Was woken at 4:20 last night by Max falling out of bed, we took the side off his bed a couple of weeks ago (was a top bunk from a bunk bed).  I couldn't tell in the night but he had quite a bad graze on his ear which I noticed this morning.  Then shortly afterwards Oscar started fussing for food so I got up to feed him then.  I think he is having a growth spurt as seems to have increased his intake suddenly this last week.

Unfortunately I now have a cricked neck, either from sleeping in Max's bed or on the sofa where I stayed after feeding Os.  I'm sure it'll go in time but is painful at the moment.  Grr.

Still nightmare stress about our plot of land.  Wish we could just get a mortgage to build on it, would make life a lot more straight forward.....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.