Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

41,961 to 41,980 of 45,453 messages
08/07/2013 at 21:16

Jt I hope you're ok. The emotional roller coaster is not fun for you. 

TT it's just his prematurity and size that mean he can't regulate his own temp. He's just puked all over himself, me, my pillow and followed it up with a nasty black poo. Hmm. Need to spk to midwife as they were yellow earlier! 

08/07/2013 at 21:31

Yeay Brookie, that sounds loads better, great to have positive doctors who make you feel better rather than worrying you more!

EF - hope you are out soon once Fraser is a bit more settled - love the name by the way!

TT - Martha had a spell of falling out of bed after we moved house, back to normal now though!

08/07/2013 at 21:32

Awww, poor thing .  Oscar has done some almighty pukes in his time.  Whereas Max was little and often, Oscar was more of a game of Russian roulette!  I'll post a photo on the running mum's FB if I can.  He seems to be over it now though.

08/07/2013 at 21:52

Great news about the scan Brookie!! I can only imagine the worrying you have been doing (I'd be the same!) so its good to have your mind put at ease!

Fingers crossed you are on the road to getting back into the outside world EF!! Such a titchy wee thing must have looked like a tiny dot with all those blankets!!

JT hope this is the last and you can relax a bit. Well done to Ted!!

Busy week here this week and need to make cup cakes for daycare birthday and then again for M's party with friends somewhere in the midst of it all. Still trying to work out logistics of time off after surgery. Most is sorted but a couple of tricky days! Although it will all fall down if daycare can't cover the extra hours I've requested!!

I looked at myself in the mirror last night and my whole upper body is significantly shifted to the right at the moment - I am standing leaning one way with hip pushing out the other way - weird!! Everyone keeps saying how great the surgery will be but I know that it's only going to fix the nerve pain, then I will have to deal with all the back stuff that I can't sort at the moment - so will be great but won't be a magic quick fix!

Really glad to hear you are getting some proper summer weather over there at the moment!! About time a good summer turned up!!

08/07/2013 at 21:53

yayAll yay Brookie! Great news!

ef . Yellow poo could be the jaundice? Seem to remember spectacular yellow poo from Ted. He was in the 'grey area' where they assess for treatment. Xxx

all seems ok again. Going back to work tomorrow, can't take the mick!

08/07/2013 at 22:44

JT - glad things seem to have settled down again. Yes, pregnancy is totally an emotional roller coaster! Hope work is ok tomorrow for you. EF - Fraser is deeply cute! Hope he continues to grow and keeps toasty warm. E had jaundice too as he was early. 

Higgle - hope you get the daycare sorted for your surgery. Your description of your posture did make me smile tho! I'm sure no one but you notices! 

Ttid - hope the land/house stuff gets sorted soon for you & that max is ok after his bump in the night! 

CM - another fab cake in FB - after RF's too! Am well impressed. And water fights sounded fun! Hope everyone else ok today too and enjoyingather sun! 

08/07/2013 at 23:30

Nat had problems with low temp when she was born 

but was fine after a day or 2, she was a titchy 6lb 7oz at full term tho, so not much body fat

09/07/2013 at 21:17

Fraser is skin and bone at the moment but he had gained 40g since Sunday woo hoo. 

Just gearing up to do my first shot at sterilising and expressing. Wish me luck - it's been a long time. Can I even assemble the breast pump?! 

09/07/2013 at 21:29

Argh turns out box marked breast pump has the electric pump in it but none if the attachments!! 

09/07/2013 at 21:58

Aw bless him. Hope you find the bits and pieces 

09/07/2013 at 22:14

Ahh annoying EF! Hope you are settling in at home and Fraser is keeping snuggly warm!

CM looks like you have had some fab birthday celebrations!! Liked your comment on FB about sending tired grumpy children off to their Dad!!

10/07/2013 at 07:57

Operation express aborted. cheap manual breast pump added to list of items for purchase today! 

10/07/2013 at 10:03

Depending on how much you plan on using it I would spend the money and get an electric one.......but then with Eric I hardly expressed at all, with M i did all the time, so I guess it just depends on your plans.

10/07/2013 at 11:04
I had a cheap manual one andit worked well, but I barely expressed with the second two - was more hassle than just feeding them myself! Useful to have though, for the odd time when you want to be out longer (and if you've got a child who will drink from a bottle!). Hope he's doing ok and has warmed up a bit. Isabelle was 5lb 12oz at full term, and I didn't really realise at the time how small she was - actually she was long and very skinny - but the difference a few more weeks inside makes is that she was fine on the temp front.

I think we just escaped having to go to hospital after O was born because she was a bit chilly - but it was 5.30am on Dec 21st and the heating wasn't on, so the very sensible midwives waited a bit until she'd had a good cuddle and was wrapped in blankets before checking her temp. In the rush when we thought we were going to try to get to the hospital hubby had put the bag in the car, so her temperature wasn't helped by him getting the bag out of the car and me wrapping her up in a nice chilled blanket - oops!

Brookie - great news from your scan, so pleased it all went ok and that you saw a consultant you trusted.

I'm enjoying the hot weather, but not the lugging around of children in it. I've had one of those weeks where I've had to get in the car every day so far and it makes me hot and annoyed (I don't do heat very well!), so I'm hoping for a few no-drive days coming up!
10/07/2013 at 11:51

Oh EF if only you weren't several thousand miles away!!  I just passed my pump (well, my friend's but she's having no more babies right now) to another friend last night. She has one but it's an older model. It's a good one too

Also, I know you are busy but would love to hear your race report sometime if it's not too stressful a story to tell. 

Vixo you would HATE Florida right now then. Is in 30s every day. I love it but the heat does drain you a bit.

10/07/2013 at 12:48

I love the warm weather, no complaints from me (sitting in an air conditioned consulting room as i type!)

10/07/2013 at 19:10

I'm kind of banking on all the bits for the electric one turning up. I'm sure I've seen them somewhere....and on plus side we found the old manual tommee tippee one today. It's thru steriliser and now all I need to do is put it together. Hmm! 

10/07/2013 at 19:13

Hoping to get on pc later and will do a race report! Need to do a mass Argos and marks reservation and order for Lou's birthday as rapidly running out of days! 

10/07/2013 at 19:44

glad you are surfacing EF. hope fraser is warm today. it is so ridiculously hot here.

as you will have seen, we camped in the garden last night! the kids slept so well - had to wake them at 7.30 for school. but the cats were a nightmare. one of them got in between the fly sheet and the bedroom compartment in the night and climbed up onto the top of the tent. the whole thing buckled and i thought it was going to collapse. not only that but there are now claw marks all over the bedroom compartment bit / mesh in the roof and all down the sides. ARGH! that was midnight-ish. and then at 4am the other cat started doing the same. so i had to catch the cat and lock it in the house each time! shan't be doing that again in a hurry - not without locking the cat in anyway!!

10/07/2013 at 20:38

Love the idea of camping in the garden!! I can't wait till we have a house witch a garden and we can do that! I love the heat too - even being pregnant. It was 30-32 in Italy wvwy day and I loved it. I love Florida heat too and even the humidity! You'd never guess I was from northern Irish parents! Maybe it's a reaction to all the cold am damp of Belfast. 

Good luck with the expressing EF. hope Fraser is keeping warm and cosy. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.