Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

42,141 to 42,160 of 43,201 messages
12/12/2014 at 19:11
Weather not great here too, crunchy ice all over the paths and freezing cold wind that cuts right through u. Of course as soon as u leave my local area there is no snow, which is pretty typical, we seem to have our own separate weather zone.
12/12/2014 at 20:54

So Eric did have a temp later on so we went straight to Drs as I wasn't risking his chest inf coming back - fortunately his chest was fine, so calpol, bath, cuddles and bed.  He told me when Daddy goes back to Hong Kong he'll come into my bed again  So cute.

I am going to sleep on a towel tonight and take paracetamol before bed to see if that helps.

Eric has one line in his nativity on Sun as Inn Keeper no 4 - he has to say "Try next door" - so we are practising and he alternately comes out with 'God Bless you' 'Try Next Door' or 'Do a Poo'........so I look forward to Sunday with baited breath!

13/12/2014 at 19:00

Hello all 

i haven't read back yet, I will try and skim the last couple of pages..........

I am still here just not read the thread for a couple of weeks. Keep up with some of u on FB a bit though at least.

Caro my love I hope u are starting to feel better, sounds horrible. Massive hugs to u and also hope Eric is better and gets on good in his nativity play tomorrow. So cute what he has said about getting back in your bed when daddy goes back to HK, bless.

All fine here, the usual manic time of year as is the same for us all I guess. Freezing cold/ snow/sleet here this week. Road pretty icy today. First wee run outside this week this morning, did a 45 min plod in my old trail shoes with ice spikers on them. Was lovely. My 3 cycles have been on the turbo and my other 2 runs on the treadmill. Have got one 45 min swim in but really should have done 2 swims of an hour each. Oooooooooops already failed in week 1 of my training. It's 31 wks now until ironman UK, oh flip I am thinking I have bitten of way more than I can chew!!!!! 

right of to try n catch up a wee bit ????

PG3
13/12/2014 at 20:40

TT -  hope tummy bug has gone. No fun at all.

Caro - no fun for you either.  So glad hubby got back before the air travel chaos.

Hope all of you in Scotland aren't too cold or icy.

I have a half tomorrow (Milton Keynes).  Going to attempt a pb (also need to check what it is, i think its 1h54) so its going to hurt, whatever the outcome!!  

PG3
13/12/2014 at 20:52

1h54.44 - that's the pb and time to beat.  I have 8m40 written on my hand so i can't forget what pace I need to (try and) run at.

13/12/2014 at 22:26
PG3 - it is cold here in Scotland, but we're used to it, nothing new in daytime temps not getting much past 1 or 2! Good luck with the half tomorrow - hope the hand trick works!

Hoggle - hope nature doesn't keep you hanging on too long and we've got some baby news and baby pics on FB to see soon. Exciting times.

Caro - hope you and E both on mend. Ill now means fighting fit for christmas hopefully!

Usual pre-chistmas manic here. MiL just arrived for a 3 week stay so that's adding to the general stress levels. And must try finish the christmas shopping tomorrow!

Reading and just about keeping up with goings on, just never seem have time to post meaningfully. So christmas waves to everyone... ho ho ho
13/12/2014 at 22:29

Good luck PG3!  I'm running Bolsover 10k tomorrow morning and it's going to be chilly brr...maybe it'll make me run faster!  Been eating early Christmas rubbish and not exercising enough, so we'll see.

Caro - hugs to you, sounds horrible, never mind hubby being away and 2 small children to look after.  You deserve those Eric cuddles .  Hope his temperature stays down.  Nicky is ridiculously Mummy-orientated at the moment, it's cute but drives me nuts at times!

TT - boo to the tummy bug, well done on managing the school run even when you feel so rubbish.  When I have tummy bugs I can't get out of bed !

Sorry to anyone I've missed. I'm off to bed in a minute, too many late nights recently!  I was an elf at the Christmas fair yesterday and then attempted to count up the takings and have miscalculated somewhere, but we seem to have made around £1400!

13/12/2014 at 22:35

3 weeks monkey runner??  Hope you get on with her!!

now Matilda has a temp too and she is never sick!  She was drugged for her tap exam today and did fine( don't get results till jan but teacher said everyone passes ) and tomorrow she has gymnastics comp, so more drugs.  I'm not sure inn keeper no 4 will be up for his starring role but we'll see.  He just looks so sad  

good luck racers tomorrow, brrrr. Don't envy you!  

So the triathlon I want to do in July is open for entries.......

http://humanrace.co.uk/events/womenonly/womenonly-triathlon

i want to do the challenge distance, because let's face it, I may as well make it worth my while.......anyone want to join me?   

i just am not sure when to enter.  It's a lot of money if I can't do it but at the same time I don't want to miss out.

14/12/2014 at 06:46

Hope everyone is a bit better today Caro, B finally started being a bit more normal yesterday, and actually slept through last night for a change!!

Good luck Pip and JG!

14/12/2014 at 16:38

Well they both slept till gone 8 this morning and have been fine all day, on lots of calpol.  I also had the best nights sleep in ages and didn't sweat so much, and I wore a running top to wick away the sweat!  Gross.

Matilda did well in her gym comp and Eric was very cute in his nativity.  

Monday again........I really don't like Mondays.

14/12/2014 at 17:41
Still here, still pregnant! Fed up now????
Midwife this am for a sweep and am dreading being told that I can't because it's not favourable yet.
Feeling caught between a rock and a hard place - 18th or 23rd are my options for induction but 18th feels too soon and am worried about how it would go if my body isn't ready, 23rd would likely mean in hospital for Christmas which would be really gutting. Don't know what to do and am sick of mulling over it! I know in theory labour could start anytime before then but still need to decide what to do - childcare to arrange etc - sorry for rant, just feeling overwhelmed and no idea how things will work out.
14/12/2014 at 18:06

Go for the 23rd.  Then Matilda will be so excited by Xmas, presents, relatives etc she won't miss you as much, or be jealous by the new baby........they'll be other Christmases hopefully sweep will work.

14/12/2014 at 20:25

Sorry guys - one day I will talk about something else!! Had a good midwife appointment and feeling much better. After talking it through with her I have decided not to be induced on 18th or 23rd. 18th is just too soon and if my body isn't ready it could be bloody awful, then if I get to the 23rd and get induced I am pretty much guaranteeing to be in hospital on Christmas day so have decided to just see what happens and if this baby is meant to be born on CHristmas day then thats whats meant to be. Midwife is happy to let me go over 2 weeks if nothing has happened by then. She doesn't think the baby is as big as Matilda was which helps. Had a sweep and was favourable so she still thinks it could happen at any time - fingers crossed!!! Anyway feeling a lot better to have resolved it in my head I think. ANother sweep booked for Wed so will just wait and see what happens.

Off to the beach for a walk shortly - beautiful day! I need to find one last piece of driftwood to finish my driftwood CHristmas tree - sounds v random but I think its v cool! Obv we have a proper one as well (M would never forgive me) but this was fun to make - will post a pic when done.

Well done on half PB was it PG? How did you get on JG?

Caro Eric made a very sweet shepherd!! Hope all the family is on the mend now and you can get on with enjoying the lead up to Christmas.

14/12/2014 at 20:35

He was inn keeper no 4 I'll have you know 

glad you are happier Hoggle.  Eric was 14 days late and they were happy to leave me and keep monitoring me daily but once they examined me I was 5 CM dilated and his head wasn't down so there was a risk if my waters broke the placenta could have come first and then dire emergency.  But because I was so dailies all it took was the knitting needle trick which was totally painless, 2 hrs of pain and then out he came.

14/12/2014 at 20:55

Ooops sorry - Inn keeper!!! I'm impressed they manage to get kids to say lines! But did he come out with the right line on the night? I was personally hoping for the poo one!! Hubby was asking about nativities the other day - I don't think many schools do them in NZ. We certainly didn't when I was a kid.

My midwife is quite comfortable with leaving me longer as well. In the end I realised that if it ended up being a horrible/complicated labour as a result of being induced too soon I would feel really guilty about having made the decision based on Matilda's CHristmas. Anyway, it will all work out ok one way or another!!

Right - off to the beach!!!

14/12/2014 at 21:34

He did indeed, and then came for a quick cuddle before rejoining his friends.  So cute.  It is a Christian pre school in a Christian home that has been in our neighbourhood for decades, so they do the nativity every yr.  Matilda on the other hand is doing a show called hot shots and, among other things, is a dancing icicle......

14/12/2014 at 21:39

Spoty voting done. Gotta be jo Pavey. She's a runner and she's 40. I could be her Just about an hour later than her that's all!!

14/12/2014 at 21:48

Sadly it'll be lewis Hamilton or the footballer I reckon.

PG3
14/12/2014 at 22:02

Hello, yes I made it!  I did near 3.5 mins pb (1h51.20) so really pleased. Dont feel too bad or tired tonight.  I guess I need to think about targeting sub 1h50 at Wokingham in Feb.  

Caro - well done Eric and Matilda.  I hope the calpol has masked the worst of the illness and they are ok tomorrow.

Hoggle - poor you.  You are permitted to moan as much as possible.  The waiting is just the pits.  It could be tonight or it could be weeks.  I totally understand.  Btw, i think they allow you to have back to back sweeps in the UK.  I think i was booked in for one on the Monday and then another on the Tuesday.  Might help?  I ended up being induced anyway.  Try not to worry too much about christmas.  There probably isnt that much you can do about it anyway so just try and roll with it (says me who rarely just rolls with anything!)

EF - I would love Jo Pavey to win. She'll be getting my vote.  Sadly I agree with Caro that Hamilton will win, although the only prize he should win is the worst dressed one.  He looks like a waiter dressed up especially for NYE or something.

14/12/2014 at 22:27

I'll take Rory mcilroy but booo please not hamilton. Bollox that's me just seen third and second. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.