Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

42,141 to 42,160 of 47,221 messages
18/07/2013 at 09:00

Ha Camlo, glad its not just me who forgets to be tooth fairy. Just tell him when they are too busy to get to everyone its double pay the next night

I spent the whole day in bed yesterday. Thankfully hubby off on a couple of weeks holiday. As I went through to bed about midnight on tues I commented to hubby my belly was a bit sore, tried to sleep but couldn't then ended up spending a ll night back and fore to toilet with the most horrendous diarrhoea. I've never had anything like it! About 4am I got up to go again and just knew I was going to faint as I had almost done so the time before. I yelled to hubby to help me, and he caught me as I went, I then came around to find that I had spewed on the carpet just outside our ensuite door. Bloody hell! Anyway slept for 10 hours straight last night and trying to eat something now. Got such a lot to do today so better be ok! I just hope its not a bug that the rest of the family get, that was awful.

18/07/2013 at 11:01

Oh no Lotte, that sounds terrible, hope thats the end of it and you feel better soon.

Think I will comb again tonight although Martha won't be pleased, need to get some tea tree oil as well as apparently that helps.

18/07/2013 at 11:14

oh dear lotte - not good. at least hubby was at home, and fingers crossed no-one else gets it!

no nits here yet - although i have NO idea how as E has long hair and it escapes from its bands all the time!

18/07/2013 at 17:53

ooo - SATs results out for my Y2 fella. He has done well by the sounds of it. Haven't read it as T telling me over phone and he was driving. He was 6yrs 10 months when he did the tests and scored 8yrs 2 months. Whatever that means. But is good news anyway. little star really - he has tried so hard this year

18/07/2013 at 18:08

Aw thats so cool CM!  Well done J!

Bastard nits, just combed for the second time in 2 days and found 4 big ones but no little ones so are they ones I missed or has she been hanging out with someone v nitty!!  I tried olive oil and tea tree tonight for a bit of variety but tea tree doesnt kill them as I put a whole drop on a captive one and it was not bothered in the slightest!

18/07/2013 at 18:10

Poor you Lotte, sounds awful - keep your distance from everyone for a day or so!

18/07/2013 at 18:36

Ugh Kinsey!

lotte - hope you're better, just what you don't. Need in the hols!

cm - usually for end of key stage assessment it's an outcome level, 5 being average and 6 being good. Think Newport has an 'a' too which is excellent. Donhave e that in Cardiff though. Ages might be reading and spelling ages? Still very good!

working today, hard wok in this heat! Covering year 6 teacher and she seems o think I'll o lots of jobs for her that she should do in th hols. Erm no, I hav lots to o too, bog off!

18/07/2013 at 18:54

JT - we had those outcome levels in his report. He got 6s then across the board. but these were the SATS results, i thought - we had to wait for these to get published - where he got 120% or something (with 115 being above average - not sure T hadn't read it properly and was in the car). Anyway, seems like on both the assessment and SATs or whatever it is, he has come out above average, which, for a lad who couldn't hold his pencil properly when he started reception and whom i wasn't convinced could read anything other than 'the', 'at', 'he' etc at the end of reception, really is better than i could have expected! he was rather full of the fact that he had won a prize for his dancing at afterschool club though. that was more interesting than his SATS results. obviously.

nits sound like an absolute bu33er. maybe teatree causes them a slow and painful death? have to hope so...

18/07/2013 at 20:10

Ah that will be the standardised scores CM. basically they work on the range of 90-110 being average so anything above is a bonus! They take into account the score achieved compared to children of the same chronological age and work out how they compare.we only had 3 out of 41 children achieving 120+ in maths and 9 achieving 120+ in reading so I think that gives an indication of where you're at. Guess what I've been doing this evening... Got to love data analysis...  (actually, I do! ). 

18/07/2013 at 20:55

Ah thanks for that. So basically is is doing grand then. They have already flagged that he is good at maths. Does not get that from me!!

spent a lovely hour looking for j iPod shuffle charger. Great. Can't find it. Gah!!

18/07/2013 at 22:16

Camlo - your headline was great! Made me laugh. Head live sound a nightmare. Funnily enough I had coffee with some mummy friends today, and one, whose kids are about 5-7 ish asked about Nits. I was able to give them all the low down on treatments etc just from reading your posts! But given that E is only 2 I think they wondered at my knowledge so I was trying to reassure them that I hadn't had them, it was all from this forum.... ! 

Not much else to report here. All quiet really. Nice to see EF out for a walk! Oh and Lotte - that bug sounded horrendous! You poor thing. Hope u r ok now and kids/ hubby escape it. Could it have been something uou ate? Hideous. 

18/07/2013 at 22:17

And well done J on your grades! 

18/07/2013 at 22:26

Kinsey I am cracking up at the thought of you conducting scientific experiments on captive nits!!!!

Gahhhh Matilda is getting more and more ridiculous about food! It's not that she won't eat different things so much as she asks for something for breakfast and once produced refuses it saying "I don't like it..." GRRRRRRRR

I'm being pretty mean about it and she gets what's on offer or nothing but man it's tiresome!!! I know its all just a control thing for her so I just make sure it's a meal that she likes at least part of and put no pressure on her to eat it but give no other options.

My other rant this morning is that it's hubbies day looking after M (he has Fridays and Saturdays off and looks after M on Fridays as I work). But as usual I have given her breakfast, made her a packed morning tea and lunch and got her dressed. Hubby has had breakfast and a shower - grrr

Sorry I am clearly a crosspatch this morning!!

18/07/2013 at 22:35

Don't worry Hoggle, I was a cross patch this evening!  Hubby caught me in a bad mood,  as I finally got to grab dinner at 8.50 pm and it was the first time I'd sat down all day.  I accused him of not showing an interest in M's b day party, and that I'd done all the hard work and all he was gong to do was show up and enjoy it!  Of course it is true.....

its 10.30, the cake is finally cooked, been in the oven since 8, so time for bed.

so silly question, if they have nits do they really scratch?  I've never really looked for them but I'm assuming I'd know?

18/07/2013 at 22:56

Glad its not just me Caro! Hope the cake turns out well and M has a fabulous birthday party!

19/07/2013 at 07:55

No they don't scratch really Caro in Martha's case anyway.  It sounds like its only itchy if you have a reaction to them biting you and that doesn't seem to be an issue for us.

Have done plaits today to try and stop the buggers head hopping onto Martha.

Glad to be informative Camlo!

I have the same thing with Birthday parties, I do everything then get told off for making a fuss when I get no help!

19/07/2013 at 09:08

Now I have the report. J off scale for reading - reading age of 11.11 at 6.10. He is 120 for maths and 8.2. I think we can be pleaseof with that

19/07/2013 at 09:49

Jacob!

19/07/2013 at 09:57

You should be very proud CM!!!

19/07/2013 at 11:46
Well done Jacob!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.