Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

42,201 to 42,220 of 42,872 messages
18/12/2014 at 13:26
Nope not me, I am 5' 7". CM is much taller. I always thought of u (Lotte) as titchy like CC funnily, never pictured u as tall.
18/12/2014 at 13:29

Haha defo not titchy and I am big boned! They used to sing, "Here she comes now singing mony mony, she's got legs like a Shetland pony" !

18/12/2014 at 13:37

i'm not much taller, Tt - I used to be 5'9" altho I think I've shrunk! unfortunately only in height!

you look titchy to me, lotte - you definitely don't look big boned!

nurofen - hope the change of heart is genuine. and not because someone else is suddenly not blowing as hot...

18/12/2014 at 20:31

5 foot 4, similar in stature to minks I would say.  Definitely not much of me these days......need to build myself back up in the new yr.

18/12/2014 at 20:38
Yaktrax R great, my running buddy bought me some yrs ago but they were ones without the velcro strap across top and I lost one. Searched everywhere for it. The supermarket versions R rubbish in comparison. Def worth spending xtra on Yaktrax.
18/12/2014 at 20:38

4 foot 11 (and 1/2?).  Midget gem!  Probably weigh more than most of you at the moment too.  Oink!

PG3
18/12/2014 at 21:55

Ttid - you're like Kylie!!  I am 5ft9 and am big boned. Lotte - i refuse to believe that anyone 'big boned' could run as fast as you!  CM - surely you haven't shrunk?!  Can anyone beat 5ft9 then?

Ttid - i really feel for you. I hope it comes good.

Caro - dont worry about only breathing to one side.  I breath bilaterally in the pool but if i try it in open water then i zig zag all over the place so i breath every 2 in OW.  Did you say that your triathlon is at Dorney?  If so, you dont even need to learn to navigate. They have ropes under the water that secure the bouys and you can just follow the ropes.  Easy peasy.

Camlo - good work on following your plan.  Dont stress about the smaller sessions though if you have to miss the odd one.  Just try not to miss the long rides if possible.  If the weather gets too bad then its a long turbo session (yawn).  You are doing really well though.  Sorry to hear about the continual problems with your mum.  She sounds like she cant take any kind of responsibility.

CC - that race is nuts!

I managed 4 straight days at work but looking forward to a day with the kids tomorrow.  I've actually enjoyed being back working although the project I am on is a steaming pile of poo.  My marathon plan starts from Monday (and yes CC your comments on a plan were right.  I get too obsessed with needing to tick every session and its a major issue in my head if i miss one.  I need to take a leaf out of Lottes book and chill)

18/12/2014 at 22:00

'Only' 5ft7 here Pip.  Lotte, i refuse to believe you ever had legs like a shetland pony!!

Just started to wrap presents and ran out of paper after three, oops!

18/12/2014 at 22:33
I'm 5 ft 9.5 - feeling like a giant compared to most of you!!!! Currently I'm 95% boobs!!!
18/12/2014 at 22:49

I wish I had boobs. I tried a dress on yesterday and my  belly stuck out further than my boobs! My legs were always the family joke! My wee sister was a skinny titchy wee thing and I always felt chunky next to her. Mum actually took me to the doctor once because I had one leg thicker than the other. He asked if I spent a lot of time on a scooter - I didn't have one! (And I think one leg is still thicker than the other.) The nicest thing I could say about my legs is they are 'strong' and they mostly work so that will do! The perceptions we develop in childhood are well ingrained.

CC - I really fancy the Highland cross one day. Me you and RF could be a team All the logistics of transporting bikes seem a bit of a nightmare mind you.

So I have finished baking 50 cupcakes and waiting for them to cool. Dylan  has a baking fundraiser on Sat morning and I am out from lunchtime tomorrow on work Christmas party. Could be messy!

Dylan and I (and another boy from our club) got selected to run in Edinburgh for the North District at the Inter-District XC races in Holyrood Park on the 10th Jan. Not looking forward to my race as I will probs be last among those whippets (to many miles and no speedwork in the legs). But I am looking forward to seeing Mo et al race in their races, and have a wee weekend in Edinburgh.

Anyhoo that's my eldest party animals arriving home so better go and get the goss

18/12/2014 at 22:57

'I wish I had boobs' - you have more than me Lotte  (and your comment made me laugh so don't worry!) 

18/12/2014 at 23:12

Haha sorry Caro, that wasn't the most thoughtful comment on the thread was it! Can't believe I said that.

Edited: 18/12/2014 at 23:13
19/12/2014 at 00:14

Oh Caro, you made me chuckle! i felt terrible once when i asked a lady in bed how she was on her pins and she pulled the sheet back to reveal one leg! 

Mother will be home for xmas..... will be sorting this mess then washing my hands of her if she doesnt change. 

Only 5ft of me so not the shortest and defo not the tallest - PG you may be the winner! 

Fab on the selection Lotte - do they help towards all your travel though? 

Only just finished paperwork, hate it when one days work spills past midnight into the next day... Only 8 hours and i will be back on it.... 

Day 4 of schedule and my right hamstrings (back of thigh?) are killing.... Grrr

19/12/2014 at 07:13

I have one thigh bigger than the other too - was more noticeable when I used to do weights for rowing.  

Hope you get your parcels sorted CC - annoying they don't have a pick up and it wasn't obvious.  Sometimes the internet doesn't make life easier!

Kids up too early here!  Hope they aren't too over excited today and we can have a calm time.....

19/12/2014 at 07:42

morning folks

glad to hear you are having a lovely time with Freya.

love trying to picture the busy and manic household of Lottie - with its random teenage visitors/cousins/neighbours/hobbies. it must just be buzzing. all the time. brilliant.

good luck with the triathlon training. hope your swimming coach buddy is able to help you plan in how and when the swimming training can fit in. hope your wee ones are feeling better too.

what a bloody sod about the visas. I hope there are ways round any issues that you are having. it sounds like you are putting a fair amount in to the economy and  loval area - I hope that is recognised and appreciated

hope you get all your results and things back from tests with good news soon. glad to hear hubby is changing his attitude a bit at a time when it might make things a bit easier. hope that sort of change continues.

am off work to recouperate from shoulder surgery. have had my folks up from 350 miles away darn sarf to help with kiddies but they go home today. have, of course, completely over done it with shoulder as it was feeling good and now in pain. am a dooooofus. no physio offered at hospital but can self refer for NHS treatment through work so think I might investigate that.

19/12/2014 at 20:02

Yay Hoggle!!

camlo - I walked past the wonderland today. I work opposite the museum on park place. There were people in the swings!! I'm not sure I would chance it! No tips really. Cardiff is a mad place at the moment. So busy!!

yes I have kids Xmas Eve and Xmas day but not then till Nye. work is awful. I can't stand all the issues with people. I am drowning!

19/12/2014 at 21:41
Ooh Gremlins
19/12/2014 at 21:44

Weird. No idea how that happened. I have smashed my phone. Completely. Waaaah

19/12/2014 at 22:04

Nooooo CM, hope you can get it fixed! 

IG - did operation go as planned? Will it bad enough to save you from cooking xmas dinner? 

My legs have always been well different - thought it was something to do with leg length So one works harder than the other?? 

Busy day which has ended on a high with me and hubby totally blotto on red wine! We laughed until we cried at Archies santa letter (he wants a mocuntrol car and a cwod). 

Off to Cardiff in the morning for a weekend of shopping, ice skating, nutcracker and food. Cant wait to actually find some xmas spirit. 

20/12/2014 at 00:43
Sounds fab Camlo, Nat and I were in tears of laughter tonight remembering when Camryn called the pouffe a willie. Kids r fabulous

We went to George square in Glasgow tonight & went on big wheel, was lovely. Our schools R still in Mon & Tues next wk tho, bummer, and I am working both days. So want to wind dwn for Xmas.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.