Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

42,461 to 42,480 of 45,534 messages
27/02/2014 at 07:18
Oh dear what have I done buying epilator??

J slept in my room (on the floor) as a treat at his request last night. So when he got up twice in the night with diarrhoea that was nice. Not. However that now puts Ellen's birthday treat in jeopardy. Swimming and then buffet meal out. Unless he has no more episodes today we will have to cancel that. Boooo.
27/02/2014 at 08:10
Postpone CM not cancel, will b fine. Epilator does hurt like hell when 1 st start using it but after u have gone over a bit it gets used to it. Although I was used to waxing so that helps, hair follicle tends to b a bit weaker if it has bn pulled out many times previously.
PG3
27/02/2014 at 13:30

Brookie - love that story.  I have been tempted to get a wax but decided to attack with the razor the other day.  I can't see what I have done but hopefully it's an improvement.  I am hoping my husband doesn't look down there during the birth anyway.  Please no!!

CM - great news about the resignation.  Companies seem to mostly be so short sighted.  They would sooner loose people and go through the hassle and expense of recruiting new people, rather than face what the hell they are doing wrong.  My work have been trying to recruit a team member/cover for me for a good few months now.  They still can't find anyone.  It's nice to realise I am apparently not that easy to replace (I am only a Business Analyst btw, nothing flash or too difficult).  CM - I also hope the birthday celebrations go ahead ok.  Swimming with diarrhoea is probably not a great idea for anyone involved though!!

I am envious of all this running in the sunshine.  It really feels like the weather has started to turn and I want to get out there.  Due date today but that's about it.  I was induced last time so no idea what to look out for.  Feels like my ligaments are hurting all around my upper leg/inner thigh area but that's about it.  In the meantime, I am surprised at how much I am enjoying the peace and quiet at home, just watching tv and films.

I've never tried an epilator. There is a cheap as chips waxing place at the end of my road so I usually go there.  Waxing hurts a lot less than it used to though, i guess it's the same thing.

27/02/2014 at 13:34

Never tried an epilator so can't comment but I did try waxing myown bikini line ONCE. Never. Again. I was used to getting it done professionally but not ready for the balls it would take to pull each strip off myself. 

Hope J is ok CM. I spent the night with my head down toilet

Maxhad got back up at about 9 last night saying he felt sick but thankfully wasn't. 

27/02/2014 at 13:37

Hang on in there Pip, can't be too long now. Glad you are managing to enjoy the rest. 

Mr TT is downstairs getting boys ready for school so I can stay in bed. I was supposed to be taking O to get his shots today, already 6 months behind. Will have to call nurse and tell her I'm not coming. 

27/02/2014 at 14:08

Opp get well soon TTid. Horrid. When pregnant too. Even worse. Hi Pip! Yay to resigning CM. Can't believe N there at time. Just brilliant! Quick post as babies both waking up now. Hi to everyone. run sounded lovely CC. And I looked up your race.....OMG. Proper hardcore that!! Loved reading about it and know what pip means about race envy. But actually I think I'll leave that particular race to you!! 

I am trying to work out logistics for my half on Sunday. We have friends over so I'll be going solo and that means I can't take Isaac of course so will jave to leave him with hubby and bottle. But I'm trying to work out how many hours I'll be away cos I fear I'll be like Dolly Parton by the end of the race even if I express and feed him before i go ! Oh well. Sure I will figure something out. Massive sports bra being one element! 

27/02/2014 at 14:10

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTHA AND KIT!!!! hope u both have fabulous days and are totally spoilt. 

27/02/2014 at 14:17

CM you've spent money on it now so you HAVE to use it....rather you than me though!

Pip now is probably not the time to tell you I was 14 days overdue with no 2.........and I tried all the tricks in the book and nothing worked.  So just sit back, relax and it will happen in its own time  

PG3
27/02/2014 at 16:03

Brookie - Hope you dont mind me asking this...quick q for you re baby names, it looks like you have an Isaac? Assuming I am right...  It's our fav name but a good friend just called her son Isaac, born a few weeks ago.  Do you know many Isaacs?  I love the name and it doesn't look like it's too popular on the charts, but i dont know many people with little boys so not really sure how popular it is.  I am not after something really unique, (our daughter is called Georgia which also goes quite nicely with Isaac.  My OH wanted Elijah but doesnt go well with Georgia).  I quite like being Pip/Philippa, there are a some of us around but not loads.  Oh and good luck on Sunday with the race and logistics   

Edited: 27/02/2014 at 16:13
27/02/2014 at 16:16

One of the boys in my baby group 1st time round was an Isaac -  he is Jewish so now whenever I hear the name I assume the parents are Jewish!  Half the mums in my baby group were Jewish and between them they now have 4 boys called Isaac, Ira, Aron and Noah.

Do you know you're having a boy?

I now have a sore quad.....argh!  Did my lunch time run at work yesterday and my right quad hurt every step I took.  I did eventually give up but not as fast as I should have done.  Was meant to do 5x1 mile reps with recovery in between and I quit after 3......So now it hurts to walk up and down stairs, and I have just put a self made compression bandage on using vet bandages and it actually feels much better - but I have a feeling it may be a bit tight so might loosen it in a bit. 

27/02/2014 at 16:17

I know an Elijah too - his parents are devout Baptists so again I associate the name with a particular religion!

27/02/2014 at 16:23

if you like the name Pip, is stock with it. you can guarantee once baby has arrived that suddenly lots of children appear with the same name ... my daughter is a Scarlett, at the time I didn't know a single other child with that name, fairly soon  I came across at least three!

TT - hope your fettling better soon,  just horrible, esp. when pregnant too.

another glorious day here, except for the wind of course, no escaping that up here!  osteo first thing, needles inserted along with the usual digging and kneading - most other niggles gone now, pretty much down to the main pain (psoas/tfl) so hopefully get on top of that very soon. am defiantly walking around in my minimalist new balance trainers, working the soles of my get etc.

helped at school masterclass this morning - orienteering - so much fun had in the park.

how j is feeling better cm.

minks - great pictures of k on fbook. hope he's having a great day.

27/02/2014 at 16:24

never used a home epilator, good luck!!!!

PG3
27/02/2014 at 17:00

Yes, it's a boy!  Thanks for the feedback.  I had never thought of Isaac as a Jewish name but it makes sense.

Carovet - sorry about the quad.  Do you have a foam roller?  If so, it might help to get on it.  I hope it passes quickly.

CC - I love the name Scarlett.  It's funny, loads of the names that I always loved, even from years ago, ended up being the most popular ones.  I guess we aren't as unique as we think   Hope the osteo appt worked its magic.

27/02/2014 at 17:07

I'm definitely not as unique as I thought (Simon blo*dy Cowelll!)

I think Elijah and Georgia work fine.  A friend of my has 4 girls, and wanted them all to the  'a' at the end so they are Sophia, Olivia, Daniella and Gabriella!  We didn't know Eric was a boy, but we had picked the name before he arrived, and it definitely suits him.

And indeed - if you like it, go with it!

I do have a foam roller, but I feel it is bruised and battered enough and that foam rolling is making it worse not better for the time being.......

Happy b day to Kit, Martha, Ellen, anyone else.....and also good luck Brookie for the wk end.

27/02/2014 at 18:03
Well J hasn't done any more squitting since this morning and is fine so we think tomorrow is back on again. Phew.

Ellen and I have been to Wookey hole today and it was every bit as awful as I remember. Sooo tacky. E spent 2 whole hours in soft play with some older kids who came from about 5 miles from us. How typical is that?!

Brookie - good luck for Sunday. And pip - stay sane. At least it isn't hot at the moment!!

Can't believe my baby is 5 tomorrow. She has planned a midnight feast. She has taken a bowl of leftover sweets and chocolate upstairs in a bowl and put it by my bed. She is coming through at midnight to wake me up so we can have a feast. I can't wait lol!!!
27/02/2014 at 18:04
Oh and I wanted Isaac for E if she was a boy. But surname is Howson. Say Isaac Howson repeatedly and you will see why we couldn't have it. Also Ike Howson gives us same problem.
27/02/2014 at 18:07

Owie Caro. Hope it's better soon. 

OMG You Tube is incredible, watched the first couple of episodes of hotel Babylon on iPad earlier, then for some reason Rentaghost, what a blast from the past. Suggestions gratefully accepted for anything else to try as am bored again now. Still not braved any more than sips of water but Mr TT coming home soon so will get him to get me a pedialyte ice pop out of the freezer. 

27/02/2014 at 18:17

Cross post CM, how sad WH is now so tacky. Was good in my day. My friend's dad was a part owner. Glad J better now. Now have ice pop and it's lovely. Probably a bit sugary for my low carb diet but essential for hydration. 

27/02/2014 at 21:47

Hope you are feeling better TTid. And also Caro and your quad. Gah. 

It is so much easier with just one child. E in bed, lights out at 7pm. Have spent the last 3hrs blowing up balloons, baking birthday cakes etc. and had Asda delivery also as having party on sat night for E and friends at home and out all day tomorrow and Saturday so no chance for shopping. The bloke who delivered was so Irish and blue eyed. I didnt want to let him go! I came over all stupid and told him the crappy caterpillar cake was a backup in case mine failed. It was but will get used tomorrow to take to restaurant as tokeN birthday cake which no one will eat. Mine was a success fortunately. He then justified being an Asda delivery driver saying he did a degree over here in mechanical engineering 20yrs ago and never went back. Do you think if I book the same slot next week he will bring me my shopping again lol

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.