Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

42,481 to 42,500 of 45,793 messages
27/02/2014 at 22:37

ohhhh CM - romance over a caterpillar cake .......

28/02/2014 at 00:39

Or just ogling! Hmmm would certainly make home delivery more interesting!

28/02/2014 at 09:12

LOL CM! Happy birthday to E too. We must like the same names. E was on my list for a girl if we had one. (& may yet if I manage to persuade hubby!! another blue one would be fine too tho....)

pip - will post properly later - never got my "me" time on computer y'day so still on phone.... Go for it with Isaac!! Sounds fab with Georgia! Also, I think if one of my good friends had called her baby Isaac before mine was born, i would actually think it was kinda cool we'd called our kids the same thing! Would be possibly more of an issue if it was someone I didn't like..... But then I probably wouldn't care anyway....

funnily enough I knew no ethans or isaacs when in london. I'd heard of other kids called that but didn't know anyone personally. Then we moved to oxfordshire and come across a few of both! There will be one other Ethan on his schook year and there is another Isaac at one of the playgroupa we go to and another at church. But I was one of 5 girls with the same name in my class so I guess I'm used to it!! It's popular but less so probably than some other "top 10" names. Agree with everyone else that if you like it- go for it! We have a couple of middle nAmes for each boy too so they can always pick another if they like when they are older!! 

28/02/2014 at 12:31

I can safely say that Kit is the only Kit in his school and to date I have not come across any other children named Kit.  Hubby and I had come up with a few names when I was pregnant but nothing either of us was sold on.  Then I happened to be reading a crime novel and the central character was called Kit.  I really liked it and mentioned it to hubby and (amazingly) he was also enthusiastic about it.  When Kit was delivered by c-section I apparently told hubby point-blank we were calling him Kit (I don't remember this; must have been all the drugs!)  I like it because it's quite unusual but not weird or outlandish, it can't be shortened and it's easy to spell.  Got a bit worried when Sophie Ellis Bextor named her second child Kit but I guess she's not enough of a celebrity to spark a whole following of baby Kits!  His middle name is Thomas so a more ordinary name - I guess if he ever decided he didn't like the name Kit he could use that instead.

Boo to the quad Caro - but don't panic.  You still have a week before your half.

Happy birthday to Martha and Ellen - and lol CM at ASDA delivery guy!

Thanks for all the FB wishes for Kit yesterday - he had a lovely day.  As well as presents he ended up with £60 of Toys R Us vouchers (to add to the £25 he has still from Christmas) so there will be a few shopping trips spread across the year!  I usually let him spend a few vouchers each school holiday - that way, as his birthday is early in the year, it breaks up the time between his birthday and Christmas. Looking forward to The LEGO Movie tomorrow!

28/02/2014 at 12:46

One of the actors in game of thrones is called Kit. He's quite handsome too ( although probably waaaay too young for me!) 

28/02/2014 at 12:50
Thumbs up to dreamy Asda delivery man, I had a gorgeous electrician helped fit my new boiler last yr, love child of Callum Best and Jude Law with striking light blue eyes, made my week

Thumbs dwn to sore quads ( ice, ice, I've, anti-inflammatory and more ice then get that foam roller on it and a tennis ball ), feeling ill, waiting for baby to arrive.

I love old bible names for boys but had two girls so never got to use them. Although Camryn's middle name is Eve.
28/02/2014 at 12:51
* ice not I've
28/02/2014 at 13:01

lol at the asda man  nothing wrong with appreciation ... I can honestly say it was no real hardship out on the mountain last week (apart from the frozen hands), because the guy being assessed, that I was being a mock client for, was very easy on the eye and really good fun despite being assessed ... he was definitely 9 years my junior, but I didn't focus on that too much, was having far too much fun!!!

finally got to see the northern lights last night. awesome display - they were everywhere. hubby rang me on his way back from airport as I had no idea they were going for it, so I went crashing out into the darkness and there they where. once hubby arrived home he got camera and tripod out to record the event. we were so chuffed.

right, of for a power stomp in lieu of a ru   double as also pulling out of highlander mountain marathon, by**er. if I'm not sorted soon then I'll be out of the great Glen way race too...

28/02/2014 at 13:24

Minks you're not supposed to say that, as that makes me think 'maybe I can still do it......'  I just don't want to do it and end up longterm broken again!

I am fairly sure Matilda is the only Matilda in the school - don't know any local ones that's for sure.

28/02/2014 at 13:32
Aargh just lost my post
28/02/2014 at 13:40
CC I was thinking of you while out running the other day. It seems unlikely to me too that your gait/ trainers are causing the problem, given the miles you have run in training and on ultras injury free. I would think ur injury far more likely to b caused by ur habit of missing training runs due to childcare issues during school hols etc and then knocking out long runs without the gradual build up you should have had. I think a lot of us who have been running for years and have run marathons or ultras are guilty of getting it in our heads we can knock out 10 miles+ without any bother cos it's nothing really. It is when you are running 20+ miles while training for a marathon/ ultra but when training is broken up + sporadic 10 miles is a long way and hard on ur body.
28/02/2014 at 14:13

Wise words Tt!

apparently could see aurora all way down here. Well Essex anyway.

ttid- hope you feel better today, how horrendous to be so sick when pregnant. I have only just started to get over my morning (all day) sickness so would hate to be ill now! Maggie is being so cute about the baby, she tells complete strangers there's a baby in my tummy and has to kiss my tummy every day. Plenty of discussions about how big it is etc, today's was "will it just pop out?" To which I replied "probably! But not too fast I hope!" then she said "it would break your tummy if it came out too fast", she's kinda got the right idea, smart 3yr old  

forgot to ask Ttid, have you had diabetes test? Or just following diet anyway? I have now got to be tested as my dad (and uncle, grandad) now has type II. midwife didn't say at what stage it would happen though. (And my dad is fit, stick thin and doesn't like sweet things, in the genes unfortunately)

Pip- I have just added Georgia to my baby names list! No boys names on it... I have met plenty of Margaret's (some known as Maggie) but none of them under the age of 50! Rosie obviously more popular although don't know if many are Rosemary. As others have said I wouldn't worry at all who else has used the name (even simon cowell!) if you like it it'll work. 

Funnily Caro, around here I've met Matilda's and Eric's. Really hope your quad sorts itself. Dilemma of whether to run always hard. I am still plodding but being very careful so as to not get problems like last time. Pilates still going to, but think lady will want me to move to a pregnancy one at end of this term (which is on at the stupid time of 11am on Sat, not designed for 2nd/3rd time mums!). Also will stop the running when get bigger to protect my pelvic floor, realised how fragile it is getting again after a coughing fit today 

CM, well done on the birthday prep! And gorgeous delivery man so pleased your resignation had the desired response. In general universities are definitely good places to work (my problems are due to being in a male dominated research science division not the uni per se), good for flexible working, holidays etc, pensions are great too!

gosh must stop dossing. Got a birthday party to get the girls to (hard life- eating cake all afternoon while kids play ). 

28/02/2014 at 15:43

CC, am so envious you saw the lights, great pictures too. 

Sonya, the docs want me to do the glucose test now, as I had GD with both boys it's almost nailed on that I'll get it this time too. I'm already testing 4 times a day and following a low carb diet. I don't want to do the glucose test as it just seems a waste of time and money at this stage. I think normally you don't do until about 24 weeks. 

Still not 100% but have come to work. Mr TT drove though as I'm getting dizzy spells. I think I'm just dehydrated so have low blood pressure. Will only stay a few hours. We'll probably go and look at people carriers later, never thought I'd see the day but they are so practical. 

28/02/2014 at 16:27
Gutted I never even looked out window at sky last night, never thought for a minute we would see them this far dwn, but have seen pics of them over Grangemouth which isn't far from here.
28/02/2014 at 17:37

u might get another chance TT tonight as I think it's possible they will be out again. I nearly didn't see them, only because husband saw them on his way home from airport and rang me .

tt thanks for thoughts re injury, I think you've hit nail on head, had reached same conclusion. am going to go right back to basics and build back up properly and see what happens, and if I have to basil on other races, so be it, need to be mended and strong. I think when you are mentally stressed it effects you too and makes you more vulnerable, and sometimes I get very stressed!!

28/02/2014 at 20:32
Hope Martha had a lovely day Kinsey

E had a fab time. She woke me at 6am asking if she could have her midnight feast now. I said she was welcome to it but that it was basically morning. We went swimming with friends and T (bikini line etc seen to in advance lol). Then out to an all you can eat buffet. And then back to play with friend's kids. E made me up with Disney makeup so I looked like aunt Sally. Then we came home and off to bed for them

Bought e a furby and she bloody loves it. Sodding thing doesn't shut up tho lol

St David's day tomorrow so we are off into Cardiff to see the parade and then back here for a pizza party tea for some friends.

Hope the injuries all improve. Wise words indeed from TT

I am still dreaming of my asda man. Do you reckon I would get him again next week
28/02/2014 at 21:12

cm, i was dreaming of my mountain man!!

28/02/2014 at 21:46
Lol what are we like?

Went to premiere of midsummer night dream tonight, Camryn goes to a club afterschool called Little shakespeares. They have spent last 6 months rehearsing and filming and big premiere was at local high school theatre. After the performance the teacher gets up on stage and says she has bn asked to make a special announcement by Camryn to tell Ben that she loves him. Dear Lord just about ended me, Natalya is utterly mortified that her 5 yr old sister has a boyfriend. While she has no interest in getting a boyfriend at almost 18 lol. Ben is in Camryn's class and they are the big class romance, he 'loves' her too and talks about her non stop according to his family lol. He made her a valentines card too, so sweet but also slightly worrying :-S
28/02/2014 at 23:05

E's day sounds lovely CM. No pics of u as aunt Sally??!! 

Lol to Ben and camryn! Cute/slightly worrying at same time! grinning at the dreamy delivery drivers and fit mountain men.... sadly bereft of eye candy in my village at the mo..... ! Glad to hear sickness has passed Sonya. And hope u continue to get well soon TtId. Bummer to miggles Caro and CC. Hope u can get them sorted. When u say go back to basics CC what do u mean? I'd have thought your body was strong and fit enough with your orienteering climbing and Pilates to cope with long runs without much inbetwern? But I'm no expert - I hope it sorts itself out. 

PG3
28/02/2014 at 23:05

CC - I can't believe you saw the lights.  It's a lifetime ambition of mine to see them. We went to Iceland for a long weekend a few years ago and just missed them.  I will see them one day, I am determined! Hope the injury worries clear up.

Sonya - Great about adding Georgia to your list.  I've heard of a few other little girls called G but not many.  I think it was quite popular about 12/14 years ago and George is obviously quite popular now, not just with royals  Do you know if you are having a girl for sure?  I was so shocked when I found out i was having a boy.  I was so sure I would only have girls.  Also I had to do a pregnancy diabetes test as they apparently do it for everyone over 35 now.  Not sure if thats in my area or a national thing.  Drinking old school, room temperature lucozade on an empty stomach wasn't the nicest start to the day, but it's a nice chance to sit still for a while and read a magazine.

There is no point in me trying to view the Northern Lights in blummin SW London.  Far too much light pollution.

I know I sound horrible, but I am getting sick of constant calls from family asking 'any news' or 'just to see how I am'.  I have very little to say as I am doing so little with my life and when there is news, they will be told.  Arghh.  I could have almost 2 more weeks of these phonecalls!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.