Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

42,501 to 42,520 of 46,070 messages
28/02/2014 at 23:12

Ha ha pip. Can well imagine! Screen your calls??! Or record a voicemail message "I'm sorry I  am unable to take your call right now. I have still not had the baby. I am fine. I will update you in due course. Leave a message. Thanks !" 

01/03/2014 at 00:21

Yippee had an annual leave day so worked from 8 until 1 then skipped boys to cinema for a film and then had to babysit for my sis so took my paperwork and did another 4 hours tonight..... am i the only muppet doing 9 hours work on a day off????? 

Yipppeee to seeing the lights - are they random events or do you kind of know when they are likely?, happy birthdays E and M and to eye candy. 

Boo to niggles, GD, preg puke and going overdue. 

01/03/2014 at 12:42

Totally feel your frustration Pip - I was 10 days overdue with Sophie and it got to the point where my MIL was emailing me DAILY !  Makes you not want to say anything when something does happen 

01/03/2014 at 13:16
Happy St David's day from the parade in Cardiff. Is sunny and warm and atmosphere is great. Almost makes me wish I was welsh lol!
01/03/2014 at 20:01

Oh how frustrating Pip. I would do the answer phone message!!!! 

Hope you had a good St David's Day 

camlo- 9 hrs work on a day off, no way. Luckily with my job at least you don't take your work home!!

01/03/2014 at 20:04

Lol to the tasty Asda delivery man & mountain man!!!! Nothing wrong with looking at something nice eh!!!!

ah no to injuries CC and Caro. What a big pain for ya.

lovely spring day today, sun was out for a while. Had to take our hats n jackets of when we went up the hill!

01/03/2014 at 22:56

Hope everyone enjoyed sunshine today. I'm getting my stuff ready for tomorrow's half. Ridiculously excited even though I'll be soooo slow. Just pleased to be partaking really. And feeling so lucky with my family right now - hubby came home one night this week with a "present" for me - a pair of Skins 3/4 length running shorts! Never tried compression leggings before but wore at parkrun today and felt v comfortable! So touched as no reason for a present - not birthday or anything. 

Then my dad said he'd come to reading with me tomorrow and look after Isaac! Makes life so much easier as no need to express and leave bottles at home etc. and means i will have one supporter! Bless him. 

Had friends over today so just in bed after a nice dinner with them. Made them all eat pasta so I could have it night before my run! They all washed it down with champagne while i drank orange squash and looked on enviously. Anyway must go to sleep or tomorrow will hurt even more than it's going to anyway! 

01/03/2014 at 23:29

good luck tmrw Brookie

yes rf,  beautiful day today. kids were paddling in sea today in Findhorn and three seals came to watch/play.

shame my husband is in such a vile mood this weekend, and was last weekend too, such a lovely way to spend the two days with the family!!! j away at cub 24hr camp in but up in town, very odd having just one child. anyway, here's hoping husband is in better moods tmrw kit I will be bundling him off to Aberdeen airport before time!!  obviously a good run would allow me be a little more calm with him, hey ho!!

night all

PG3
02/03/2014 at 09:13

Good luck Brookie.  Looks like the perfect day for it and even better that you have a supporter.  Dont worry about the time, just getting out there and doing it is great.

02/03/2014 at 09:39

Good Luck brookie!!! Love it ehen hubby (or anyone really) does something nice for no reason.... It is getting less frequent. I had lots of stuff given to me when i had the boys and in return i passed them all on but now I see people selling every last item down to secong hand bottles or stained tops for 10p, 20p and the like. I couldnt be harrised! 

Tip of the day - Check your tesco vouchers!! I found an envelope in my work bag yesteday (yep wirking on a saturday too) which  had shoved in there ages ago and there were £23.50 of vouchers which expired on FRIDAY!!!!!! Literally a day out and says they cannot be extended. Thankfully I called tesco and they were sympathetic and will renew but i would have cried if i had lost that much just because of my stupidity.

Pip - i love isaac but am fond of other biblical names too like Caleb and Noah. Hope baby Pip makes an appearance soon as you must be so uncomfortable. 

Rf glad you enjoyed the sunshine, it is better than any medicine! 

CC boo to rubbish mood in your home, hope it improves before he goes back tonight x

Sat in bed watching Judge Judy - I love it!! Have a few relatives coming over later for a wee party for Tom's birthday (7 tomorrow) but he is going to be gutted when he sees a few sausages and the like and no actual plan for games or anything. I am crap!

02/03/2014 at 14:30

Camlo, really??  I don't think anyone could say you've really had time to plan any more. Hope work settles down for you soon. 

Brookie, hope race went well today. 

Pip, hope all ok with you. It's funny but until you know someone who has been through it you can't imagine how annoying it is. Thinking of you and look forward to hearing from you whether there is any news or not. 

Well we did it!  Mr TT in mourning as we traded in my convertible Volvo for a Honda people carrier (Odyssey but don't know if they call it the same in UK). 8 seater and very comfortable and roomy. We are actually very happy with the decision but not so happy with the Honda dealer trying to screw us!  Was a 2 year old and they tried to fob us off with one key and one valet key rather than 2 proper keys. Also had no headsets for the dvd player.  Mr TT called sales manager who reluctantly agreed to give us headsets and only agreed an extra key if we paid $50 towards it. We went back up there yesterday and the service manager confirmed we should have got an extra key anyway. Grr. Max loves it anyway. 

Any suggestions for games for 4 year old party?  We have a beanbag toss game and I'm going to print some ninja turtle coloring pages and have crayons. We are going to be at pool if weather is nice or indoors if not so need some back up ideas. 

02/03/2014 at 14:32

CC, hope Mr CC happier today. What you guys do is so tough, I hope you can find a better work/life solution soon. 

02/03/2014 at 15:10

Thanks for all the good wishes guys! I finished!! I didn't walk at all! I did a negative split! I didn't wee myself!!! I am so happy!! And I forgot my garmin so ran "free" & managed 2.03.54!!! Well chuffed with that! proper race report to follow but had a lovely time! Thx for thinking of me! 

02/03/2014 at 15:17

Well done brookie! That's amazing so soon post baba. 

02/03/2014 at 18:57

Well done Brookie!

My cousin also did Reading today - her first ever half and she did it in 1.53 something.  She was morbidly obese this time a yr ago, and could barely run to the end of the road.  Thanks to running and weight watchers she has cracked it, and thanks to running I really think it will stay off this time.  So chuffed for her.

02/03/2014 at 18:59

And I am about to enter my 1/2........have to do it by midnight tonight or enter on the day and I CBA with that.  I had a great run this morning, 10.5 miles, started really slowly and had no idea how far I was going to go, I was just testing the waters to see what everything felt like.  Anyway, the sun was shining, there were lots of friendly runners out there and it felt good.  I did one lap of the 1/2 course and added some on the end, and really ramped up the pace in the second half so overall I did 7.57 pace, but the last 2 miles were sub 7.  Ad the best thing.....nothing hurts!!  

02/03/2014 at 20:26
Great running Brookie. And caro too

Hope Tom has fab birthday

B4stard boss emailed me to say I have to work my 3 month notice. I have worked for my company for 10yrs this year and have never known them hold anyone to 3 months. I offered to work 2 months but they said no. I am gutted. Obviously. I now won't accrue enough holiday in my new job this year to cover summer and autumn / Xmas hols which is gutting.

Then he emailed me asking me to ensure I take all my holiday entitlement. He can eff right off. If they are so resource constrained that they need me to work my full notice period then how can they want me to take 2 weeks off during that time?? I have told him I won't take any more holiday than I planned. Instead they can pay me the 2 weeks they will owe me and I can then find some unpaid leave in my new job to get through the year. I am soooo pissed off with them. Boss knows that I have been under loads of stress thru work and they are keeping me there. I can't risk going off sick because I am worried they will pass a negative medical record to the uni. God I am mad at them.
02/03/2014 at 20:39

Jeez CM, they are determined to make your life miserable right until the very end aren't they?  Can you appeal to HR department?  What a c@ck!  I think I remember you having a project you said would finish at end of March so he's really just being awkward. They should have valued you more when you were still there. 

02/03/2014 at 20:58

Just about managing to keep up with reading this thread!

So popping on to say happy (belated) birthdays to Kit, Martha, Ellen and Tom.  

Welcome Pip - hope things happen soon!

And yay Brookie, thats great result. Well done you!

02/03/2014 at 21:00

Bet he has a really small di*k.  What a prick.  Try not to let yourself get stressed about it CM.  you are out of there, it will happen.  And they absolutely cannot force you to take all your holiday.  And you certainly don't need to work really hard, or drive to Hemel at the drop of a hat.

happy birthday Tom indeed!  How old is he Camlo?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.