Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

42,541 to 42,560 of 43,202 messages
30/01/2015 at 02:10

Haha I had to look twice about the leaving hubby comment too!! No don't worry definitely not doing that! 

Hubbys last day at work today - will need to take a deep breath and be very patient (and non-interfering) next week!! I'm trying to decide the best time for a trip to the farm. Matilda is desperate to go and I may need a break from job hunting hubby!

Stinking hot again today but some cloud cover so not as intense. Braved the beach on my own (well as on my own as someone with 2 children in tow can get. Had a lovely time and managed a quick swim. COuld do with another now!

Yay for moving PG3 glad it has happened although its never fun while it lasts! CM well done on the run - sounds blinkin awful to me. I can't believe how much snow there is - hard to imagine as we are on hose pipe bans etc.

30/01/2015 at 09:20

lovely to hear that your weather is good, hoggle. we haven't had any snow really - there was a bit up in Cwmbran yesterday but only on one side of the hill. as I went over the top and then down the other side it disappeared.

I have an afternoon of presenting my strategy for improvement of the area i'm responsible for to the Director. i'm a bit scared TBH - not of presenting to her; that bit's fine. but my boss is so wet and weak that if she challenges me or things get difficult, he won't stick up for me. in fact, he's likely to make it worse just so that he doesn't look bad. I shall be glad when it's all over. but i'm off now to prep for it so that I have all my facts to hand and am as on the ball as I can be!

30/01/2015 at 10:39
I thought there was some kind of legislation that employers had to b flexible with working hours if u hav a child under 5???? Nooo????
30/01/2015 at 11:00

they have to consider your request - that is all!

30/01/2015 at 11:03

Day off so that means ordering archies catheters, sorting mothers debts, reading notes for work and normal emails, trying to get physio appt for knackered back, housework, updating welsh athletics with our running club members and sorting out the septic tank which is broken..... Would rather be in work. 

Yippee to moving, hot weather and birthdays

boo to cold wintery runs, job hunting and inflexible employers

30/01/2015 at 12:26

oh dear camlo. that doesn't sound like a very fun day.

and SCREEEEAM! i was busy prepping for the meeting this afternoon when my boss came in and said basically 'we may as well cancel it'. great. lovely. super. fine. whatever. we NEVER make any progress in this place. i'm heartily sick of it.

and breathe. it's Friday. i've got the kids. and nick is taking us out to TGI Fridays tonight (not my first choice...) but he has a voucher from work for 30 years' service and TGIs is on the list of places that you can spend the voucher. haven't been for years; kids have never been. will be a treat anyway. and am forgetting my diet for 1 night. have been sooooooooooo virtuous! have had no alcohol and am continuing that into feb also!

30/01/2015 at 13:34

Helloooooooooo all from a snowy highlands although there has been sleety showers so the bloody stuffs melting a bit at least. Its rather annoying now, not getting out on my bike at all, one hour turbo this morning and did 2 hrs 25 the other day, total torture!!! Need to do the treadmill this afternoon, would go out and run but the girls are all here so can't. Having a rest day tomorrow , cannot wait. Then Sunday is a 1 hour 15 run and a night shift.

Oh no Camlo that doesn't sound very exciting, What u done to your back??

30/01/2015 at 13:38

Stupid iPad wouldn't let me post anymor.e.

Anyway can't remember anything else...........enjoy TGI's CM later. Grrrrrrrrrr to your silly boss cancelling the presentation you were preparin, how annoying.

30/01/2015 at 13:40

Ok think I will give up trying to post at the moment!!!!

Yay to beaches, hot weather, running, nights out, moving house............

30/01/2015 at 13:48

Am I here now?!!!!!

30/01/2015 at 13:50

Yes!!!

30/01/2015 at 14:51

Yay, hello JT.  Welcome back.

30/01/2015 at 15:20

Hi JT!!  I had assumed that you were just busy as well - I can go a while without posting here as FB is much easier. We would NeVER ignore you so be at ease on that. You're our founder lol. X

30/01/2015 at 16:11

Welcome back JT!! 

Just been to see F in L in hosp - slightly bizarre being in a hospital and not being the patient for once!  He's very thin but chipper.  Hopefully due to have his feeding tube thing replaced this afternoon so he can go home.  Mentally he seems all there but he's a bag of bones.

parkrun in the morning - might be able to borrow my dad's car so might be a tourist somewhere new.

30/01/2015 at 16:46

JT - there is definitely something wrong with your old account. i think you've been blocked or are locked or something. all your posts have disappeared...

hilarious end to my 2 hour workshop. director turned up eventually - 90 mins into workshop. we then overran by 25 mins. at the end my boss congratulated me and told me i'd done a great job and he knew the director was impressed.  he then said 'you totally owned it'. i burst out laughing. he has no sense of humour, is very dry and awkward. he is the LAST person you would think would say something like that. am sure he doesn't even know what it means!!! i am still laughing about my control freak, sense of humour-free boss telling me i 'owned' a workshop.

30/01/2015 at 16:57

Yay CM, well done to you!!!

Welcome JT back, how strange that your posts weren't appearing.

30/01/2015 at 18:35

Hi JT xxxxx

get down with it CM!!! You will totally own his job one day! 

back is protesting at cycling i think - did an hour swim earlier without a hitch but i am tentatively eyeing the turbo now in a challenging way... Physio in the morning! 

30/01/2015 at 20:05

Hi JT! *waves*  Mine keeps going back to the posts from 30th Oct last year every time I log on, and often won't take me to "last unread post" which is very annoying!

31/01/2015 at 12:37

Hey JT - do you know ages ago when I reloaded page on my new (first ever!) iPad i noticed your post opening the thread had gone. I thought it was weird and nearly posted to say where has JT's opener gone - and if I had we might have realised sooner! Kicking myself now of course! But glad u r back. And yes. Would never ignore anyone. 

So pleased youve moved PG. Yes it's soooooo stressful. Can't believe I did it at 37 weeks. No intention of moving for YEARS YEARS AND YEARS now. They can carry me out of this house! I love it so much. 

Cold snowy parkrun this morning. My feet were skipping all over so didn't do that well. 

Ok so question been meaning to ask for past few weeks - I've just started a new Pilates course. Never ever done it before. Enjoying it. Main aim was to increase my flexibilty and core strength to try to stay injury free with my running into my twilight years! But...........what am I supposed to notice?! How do I know if it's helping me? How do I know if I'm getting any better?! What exactly am I aiming to achieve with It? What does Pilates do for you?

CC obvious person to answer but I know lots of you do it so all thoughts and help welcomed! 

Havent read back properly yet but nice hot weather sounds amazing HGoogle. Hubby's job situation less so. Hope yday wasn't too dull Camlo! 

31/01/2015 at 14:20

I'll leave CC to explain Pilates.  I have been doing it for nearly 5 yrs, barring a break for latter stages of second pregnancy and post birth, plus about 6 months off last yr.  it definitely helps my tummy muscles and flexibility, and I enjoy it.

20.33 at hackney marshes parkrun this morning, another 45 seconds off my post cancer PB, and only 14 seconds off my real PB.  I really, truly think tamoxifen must be aiding me in some way......oh well, I'm also convinced it's making me bloody miserable so if it's making me run faster then I'll take it! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.