Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

42,561 to 42,580 of 47,208 messages
03/09/2013 at 20:19

Urgh CC - sounds like you are having a tough time.  I try to not take too much on with mine as the running around does take its toll.  My FIL was talking about 'when you go back to work' recently which bemused me as I find my kids more than a full time job at the moment!!

We are also contemplating moving away from the SE as its so expensive here to buy a house and we don't really need to be here anymore.  Might go to Herefordshire, so nearer my family, but also not that close to Bicester where Alan is working.

Lotte - hope you can get Dylan checked easily.  Sounds worrying but hopefully its just a growth spurt, of his blood being busy digesting or something?

CM - urgh to the gammy toe too!

03/09/2013 at 20:21

Rah cc! Men!

just a Quickie as mental and shattered with oing back to work. Three potential statements or behaviour in my class. Omg! 

Scan went well, it was asleep ( or so they think!) sucking its thumb! coukdnt  measure spine or see kidneys as was not shifting for anyone so gt to o back Wednesday. They're nt concerned just need to put a tick in the box. Right, back to it!

03/09/2013 at 21:54

thanks for putting up with my grumbles!!!

Kinsey - hadn't realised hubby was working in Bicester, is that a permanent job now or a contract? Herefordshire is lovely (from my brief drives through it on ways to other places etc, and spent a little time not far from Ludlow).  LOL at going back to work vs full-time job at home ... easily overlooked by many that fact!!

Really did mean to mention Hoggle and the stair-climbing. That's really fantastic news.

JT, not surprised your shattered ... sounds like a delightful class - not! How many in a class?

So this is a laid-back but determined baby then? What with thumb sucking and refusing to be moved

Lovely 1:1 class so feeling a little bit more chilled now, off to bed - earliest night for a loooong time!

03/09/2013 at 22:28

Hope I can remember everything - yay to scan JT. and the description of a laid back but determined baby made me smile CC. glad your class went well. Hope the black clouds stay away. 

Funny about your toe CM - feet are weird. I had e veil verrucas for years and chiropodist tried everything short of soaking my feet in neat acid to get rid. Then randomly, when I was pregnant last time, they all vanished! Laughed at J's dancing. Good on him! 

Hope you get houses/move issues sorted soon kinsey. Deciding where to live is such a toughie. Boo to pools closing and expensive lessons and clubs. I haven't had any such costs yet really but sure they will come before I know it! Glad work ok and routine shaping up Lotte. I am such a creature of habit I love routines! (For me at least, never been keen on strict baby routines howevwr). 

Yay to physio Hoggle and started to train again. bet that felt great! 

Main news from me is that we exchanged on our sale and purchase on Monday! So we move 27th. Baby has to stay in until then!! 

03/09/2013 at 22:51

Big hugs CC - have had many similar conversations in the past with hubby! Fingers crossed he seems on track now and is a LOT happier! Of course now I start feeling anxious about him finding a job as soon as possible after his course! However am sure things will all work out - head in sand! I can really see why you wouldn't want to shift from where you are though! Going out and actively promoting your classes when you have black clouds is nigh on impossible! Can you postpone?

Great that scan went well JT!

Umm who else - sounds like RG's cat is settling?! Hope so!

I'm at Regional gymnastics schools festival all day today helping out. Organisation is chaotic to say the least and on Fri I was lumbered with the job of scoring which is really complicated - fingers crossed I don't stuff up! Friend is picking Matilda up - hope she survives with 2 2 year olds and her 6 week old! Felt terrible even asking but no other options as childcare couldn't take her for extra hours!

Gah - can feel the hamster wheel starting up.....

03/09/2013 at 23:06

that's funny Brookie cos my verrucas all cleared up when pregnant too and the dr laughed when I connected the two! but I'd had mine for 10 yrs by that point so it was a big deal. 

Hello to you all. Sorry not posting much as I phone has gone mental with the changes again and it's a right faff. 

04/09/2013 at 10:02

Can I ask the teachers a question?  Schools in Scotland went back a while ago - Lou started on 14/8.  They were assessed at the end of P1 for reading etc but it has taken 3 weeks before Lou says they did any reading and she still doesn't have a reading book home.  Does this sound acceptable?  as you can probably gather from my tone, I don't!  I asked her every night if they did any reading and she would say no they did number work or whatever (usually whatever!) but then yesterday she volunteered that they did reading and it is Biff and Chip again (oh joy) and her book is called The Bully.  I googled it and she has skipped a stage cos she was on stage 5 at the end of  P1 though she'd breezed through it and then they got these extra stage 5 books and I was going mental because she was reading stage 6 at home ones with no problems - I know it was only 3 weeks til the end of term but I felt she could have been most of the way through stage 6 by the end of the summer term.  However the Bully is a stage 7 so I feel better about that but I still think it's a bit shoddy for them not to have had a reading book home at 3 weeks in.  We have meet the teacher tonight so do I say something or do I let it go now that she has a book at school at least?  Though Lou said it's not at all tricky, it's dead easy to read so should I ask for her to zip through the stage? Or move to stage 8?  She pretty much reads anything you put in front of her now. 

sorry re grammar - seems a bit rich for me to be moaning when I write like that!  All thoughts welcome!

04/09/2013 at 11:56

EF - I only got a book for S back at the end of last week, after nothing for two weeks. I was getting worried as S is not a natural reader, and although we did a bit over the holidays it wasn't a lot and she's definitely lagging at the mo (she's on stage 3!!), so was very relieved to get something back. Think this week things seem to be settling down a bit ... BUT ... our school is reviewing homework and how it's done so we are not getting anything else set except the reading (which is fine for S) but J has absolutely nothing coming home - not even spellings at the moment and he's P5.

I've definitely got some work to do with S, we are rehashing phonics all over again at the moment to try and get the cogs whirring again!!

Hoggle - beware the hamster wheel!!!

Feel much brighter today - funny isn't it how the black clouds swoop down and then circle away again ... only one lady pitched up this morning ... is tricky as another lady has also started up in church too this week so we will see. Am going to promote it as much as I can and run with whatever I have up to half term and then make a call. I still have my 10 regular ladies coming to my house.

Have to take back all nasty rants about husband as this morning a package arrived for him, then he rang me asking how class went and said package was a present for me - and I am ridiculously excited as they are top of the range poles for running with  ... he must have read my mind (or J told him I'd been eyeing them up on the web the other afternoon ...)

Anyway, have lots and lots of domestic stuff to do, having a running rest day but itching to get out with poles tomorrow ... how sad am I???

Oh, and other miracle this morning - my kids were up by 7.30 and they breakfasted and got dressed and did teeth all by themselves!!!! We were out of house by 8.30am - this is the first time ever in the five years of school runs this has happened ... someone is truly smiling down on me today ...

04/09/2013 at 13:22

Wow that is SOOOO brilliant CC. what a fab husband!! Bless him. That's the sweetest thing I've heard in ages! Who'd have thought walking ppled could be so romantic?!  

04/09/2013 at 13:22

Poles! 

04/09/2013 at 13:28

given presents in the past have included ice axes and climbing rack stuff ... but yes, he is romantic really, it's just a bit random and rare!!

04/09/2013 at 14:37

EF I think it depends on whether you trust the school/teachers or not. LB was in reception last year and the teacher he had has 15+ years experience of teaching 5 year-olds to read. Sure, there were time when I thought that the books he brought home seemed too easy for him. Or other times when he didn't seem to do much reading at school. However, I just had faith in the school and the teacher and, low and behold, his reading developed and continues to develop. Proof of the pudding and all that ... Sounds like Lou is doing well, so I wouldn't interefere (personally). Instead, I'd just make sure that she is reading plenty of stuff at home and then you can keep an eye on things.

04/09/2013 at 16:48

A client is getting bitten and has brought in a jar of insects for us to identify - she thinks they're lice...........They're not, they're bed bugs!!!!  Ugh ugh ugh.  I now have bed bugs in a jar in front of me whilst I am eating my lunch.

04/09/2013 at 17:15

eugh eugh Caro ... late lunch!!

04/09/2013 at 17:37

04/09/2013 at 17:38

Thanks Rb. I think that's exactly it, I don't know this teacher at all and no one does as she's been off for 2 yrs pretty much straight on mat leave. I will see what I make of her tonight. 

04/09/2013 at 17:40

Yuck!!! Mind they don't bite 

CC, sounds like hubby has just about made up for things with the pressie! Love it. Amazing how the kids got ready so quickly this morning too. JP was back in for his first day today, and was really enthusiastic and speedy in th getting ready department. It won't last, i am quite certain.

JT, what a naughty baby Hope the repeat scan is OK! 'Frances' needed a really good poke to get her to move at my 20 week scan so I am certain we have a strong character in there...

Went needle-tastic today. 28 week bloods plus shot of Anti-D. And I have a GTT plus whooping cough jab tomorrow! Sob. I keep trying to tell them I don't have sugar issues, I just grow big babies, but they are not having any of it Still, at least it was my first day of being part time (I.e. day off ). I work next door to JP's school, so It was really funny dropping him off this morning and seeing colleagues going in to work, hahaha  

He is really tired tonight so we will hopefully get a nice quiet evening.

04/09/2013 at 17:45

EF, I would definitlely keep an eye on how it goes. I wouldn't personally be happy with not having a book sent home for 3 weeks either, but I am with RB on having easier books often being a good thing. If she is happy reading more challenging things on her own at home then she is getting a good balance of material that will both stretch her and build her confidence in securing the basics. 

Oh, and my verrucas went when pregnant last time too. Weird!

04/09/2013 at 17:49

Fab present CC!!

04/09/2013 at 18:04

and the worse thing is - they're HUGE!  I thought they were tiny, microscopic things, but they are at least 5mm and clearly visible to the naked eye - I can't imagine having them in my bed!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.