Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

43,001 to 43,020 of 46,364 messages
02/04/2014 at 12:04

I know TT!!  and I do think it's jolly unfair!  However possibly if the welsh govt didn't give out free prescriptions they wouldn't have 10 month waiting lists!

02/04/2014 at 12:17

Oh Brookie ((())). So glad you have an appt sorted - always the first step to getting better but definitely the hardest. I stopped bfing JP as I went back on Citalopram when he was 4 months old, but tbh the bf was contributing to the problems at that time. I have an idea (could be completely wrong!) that Prozac is OK??? I have been fine this time but I did have a very intensive course of CBT during pregnancy and was under the psych team. Guess that answers your question too, Sonya  I have had A LOT of counselling over the last twenty  years for complex depression /eating issues and I do finally feel that I have turned a corner It took twenty sessions though!!

02/04/2014 at 12:26

Continuing post now as I keep losing them so wanted to submit before it happened again!

CC, how was your night? There is definitely a reason why sleep deprivation is used as a form of torture. 

Hoggle, sorry to hear about hubby's back. Good news on fitting the running in though

Have had a busy morning - school run, then trip into town to get the ring! Pic on FB was taken in the shop - had to get it ordered in as they didn't have it in my size. I am very spoilt, I know Having said that, I think I deserve it for what I put up with - Ben worked every day in March apart from three (including three trips away). I have been a bit ratty and tired lately as this has coincided with Giovanna waking a lot at night (3 times most nights, always to feed). And when I get tired, I get anaemic (or should that be the other way round?!). Anyway, a few days on the. Ferroglobin and extra green veg, dark choc and I am starting to feel better And she only woke once last night, at 12, and then slept until 7 (has been 5.30, yawn). 

She is sleeping now as I have just taken her for her jabs She was really good though - only cried for about five seconds after the second needle. Going to make the most of it and put my feet up

02/04/2014 at 13:36

N has got an appt on 21 may in the NE.

our waiting times are absolutely hideous down here. was going to be a year for a counselling appt for me on the NHS.

not sure free prescriptions are what means our wait times are so long. i don't think it's that simple. it is horrific though. once i start my new job i won't have private healthcare any longer (although the kids still will as they are covered under T's). i shall very much miss it (but won't be able to afford to cover myself privately).

02/04/2014 at 13:38

anyway caro, i would rather pay for prescriptions and not have to pay £6.40 every time i drive over the bridge from England!! i used to work in Bristol but there is no way i could afford to do that any longer with the bridge toll being £6.40 a day!! and they are talking about building an M4 relief road through Newport which would be a toll road. apparently it would then make this stretch of road through S Wales the most expensive in Europe with the bridge cost and then the tolls. joy!!

02/04/2014 at 14:47

Caro - is there a number for the owner who you get the keys from?  I have rung the owner before and they told me everything that was there.  I think we went with Norfolk Country Cottages last year??  We did stay in a cottage last year (another one!) that didn't even have any washing up liquid - bit of an oversight I thought!

Pip - I think I missed Isaac's birth somewhere along the line!  Congratulations, sounds as though you are getting on well.

My students told me I look like Julia Roberts today 

02/04/2014 at 15:26

I am just being facetious CM - I am well aware that there will be more to it than that!  I don't object to paying for prescriptions, but what I do object to is people who essentially live in the same country as me (for the time being anyway!) and paying the same rate of tax not having to pay it.

£6.40 one way or rtn?  Wow!  Is there no discount for regular users?

02/04/2014 at 16:36

you only pay to come into Wales. and no - there is no way of getting a discount. you can pay for a TAG which works out cheaper if you do multiple trips in one day (couriers etc I guess). but there isn't any way of paying less than £6.40 a day...

02/04/2014 at 20:37

On computer for a change so will probably veer into waffling..... and will try to keep up with everything but apologies in advance for stuff missed.

Caro - have fun on hols - my parents rent a cottage and tend to leave some washing up liquid, loo rolls and stuff there for people.  There is also salt & pepper, olive oil, and they would leave some coffee sachets and tea bags so people can at least make a cuppa of sorts when they arrive - not sure what is standard though.  I would take small quantities of essentials (i.e. enough to last a night or until you can get to a shop).

Hoggle ((())) - you guys totally need some luck.  Hope your hubby is OK - back problems can be so debilitating.  But it looks like you did all have a nice time on the farm.

Sonya - people are so dumb when commenting on pregnancy.  As others have said, your bump will just show a little sooner cos you are so slim! On the FB pics I saw you didn't look pregnant at all TBH!  I knew a really tall thin lady at my work and with her 3rd she was showing almost immediately.  But then from about 6-7 months onwards she just seemed to not get any bigger and by the end she actually looked small for dates and was still skinny - just with a bump! I expect you will be the same.

Counselling - wow TB you've had a lot.  It never really seemed to do much for me.  I can't pinpoint my problems to any one experience or upbringing or anything.  I have just always felt this way.  Anti deps have such a marked effect on me though.  It is suddenly like "oh, gosh, is this how most people feel usually?"  I.e no pressing anxiety, no fear, no panic attacks, no insomnia, and my self esteem improves.

oh phone ringing - 

02/04/2014 at 22:49

Yippee to babies sleeping better but not to the insomniacs out there!! I refuse to engage in conversation at night - and that starts at birth and goes right through to hubby! i can pretty much change a bed, mop up vomit or give an inhaler without a whisper! 

Yippee to up and coming hols, guess flying may be more uncomfortable as you get further along TT So book as soon as easter hols are over.

Caro, I find cottages can vary from lots of things provided to NOWT so i always email ahead to ask too.

Yippee to vasectomy - we have babysat a 4 month old tonight and all of us (hubby and 3 boys) have all coo'd over him but still agreed we didnt want one to keep! 

Boo to threat of observed teaching- hope it gets done soon so you can relax JG. 

Yippee to parents coming to stay CC - I can well imagine how the company will be good for you. Hope night away goes ok too 

Pip - time flies when babies are settled but seems to drag when they are squealing!

Sonia - Dont be too harsh on the thoughless twits!! In a few months you will be slim but they will still be tactless.

Brookie - sending sunshine, hope clouds bugger off soon x 

hoggle - crap, crap, crap about hubbys back x 

I thought £60 for 6 months swim was cheap too, it is normally 2:80 a session so i only need to go once a week to be better off -And because i've prepaid i will want to use it! 

03/04/2014 at 12:58
Even ??2.80 is not bad, ??3.50 at my local pool.
03/04/2014 at 17:58

Quiet on here today. Didn't take G out for our run with the buggy as it is far too smoggy! Air is usually so clean where we are. Much worse down the hill in Stoke though - when I went to fetch JP, the car was filthy. Hope everyone in London isn't too smogged out! Anyway, went on the mill instead, which was pretty good fun - honestly, I had music on! 

Good luck with the big long run tomorrow Tangy 

03/04/2014 at 18:21
Going to b a wet miserable one by the looks of it Tatty Just hoping I get home in time to defrost, shower and change b4 school pick up. Won't b stopping to take pics like I did last wk, added an extra half hr on my run last wk stopping to take pics all the time.
03/04/2014 at 18:27

Yes, very quiet today.  What is the smog all about TB?  Glad you enjoyed your run despite being on the treadmill.

Planning to book flights later on today, not looking forward to all of the hassle but am looking forward to seeing the families again, it's been about 18 months already.  It will be their first experience of Oscar!

03/04/2014 at 19:09

smog is air pollution, TTid. combination of dust from sahara, air pollution from Europe and local pollution. Red sahara sand all over my car today!

mind you, it was 20 degrees when I left Reading earlier. only11 degrees (and raining) when I got home

can't believe your families haven't met Oscar. bit sad really... I know they don't come out to visit.

I am mid panic. I am remortgaging and haven't received March payslip. They want it because they need the whole year's total for tax etc (as I can't wait for my P60 because that won't arrive in time). It definitely hasn't been delivered. Work are saying it was sent... And they can't send me a copy. ARSE!! last year's P60 shows me working 3 days a week so the total doesn't tally up with what I am on now. WHY IS IT ALWAYS SO DIFFICULT!? I have a whole year of payslips, with the exception of June 2013. Why don't I have June 2013?? I don't know. But seriously - you would have thought that would be enough. But no - they want March's. WHY!?!?!? and why hasn't it arrived. I have been watching the post like a hawk...

03/04/2014 at 19:27

Boo to rain, Tangy But think how smug you'll feel once it is done. Definite bragging rights run!

CM, hope it turns up soon. So typical, it is always the one piece of paper you need that you don't have (yet!). Surely work could sort out another copy or are they just being awkward as per?!

TTid, how exciting that you're coming over! Bet the families will love meeting Oscar A move to the US may well be on the cards for us in the next few years as Ben's parent company is based in Kansas City. I would be worried about not seeing my parents (they wouldn't travel) but I guess you get used to it? Skype must be a godsend.

03/04/2014 at 19:32

Nasty, hope the smog settles/blows through/whatever it is going to do soon.  That's pretty unusual isn't it?

CM - really??  Work can't resend a copy of your payslip?  That's just stupid.  We would always just reprint one if any of our staff requested a copy.  Hope the March one arrives tomorrow.

It is a little sad about the families and Os (and Max for that matter, especially as he is so interactive now).  We are not really close with either set of families and I am sometimes actually a little relieved that we are not geographically closer as my family have a subtle way of sucking the confidence out of you if you let them.  They make little comments that feel too petty to pick them up on but they are just little confidence-eating digs.  I don't think they mean to do it but it really sucked the confidence out of me.

Just discovered that one of the boys' favourite daycare teachers (she currently takes the class that Os is in and Max is also very fond of her and she babysits for us too) is moving back to Seattle in May to be closer to her family.  I completely understand why she is going but am gutted.  Will definitely need to find another sitter.....

House build is stalled while the builders wait for inspections from the council and then bring in earth to raise the level of the floor.  We have so much stuff to choose for the house, eek!

03/04/2014 at 19:36

Cross post TB, you do get used to not having family around.  Are yours nearby where you are now?  We do feel a bit 'lonely' if you know what I mean.  We have good friends here now and one English couple we have got very close to would always take the boys for us in an emergency (she has already put her work on alert for our due date!) but it's not the same as dropping them off with family for a night away for work or just pleasure.  If you can't do that now then you'll not notice the difference but if you are close then that'll hurt.

Skype is excellent.  We make a point of speaking to both Grannies once a week so they are not complete strangers at least.

03/04/2014 at 19:54

We're about an hour away from Ben's dad and an hour and a half from my parents. tend to see my parents about once a month, Ben's dad probably less so (just because I am more inclined to drive to see Mum and Dad). It's quite nice in a way though, because we're not so close that we are always relying on them for childcare - when they see them, it's a lovely treat for all concerned. My brothers and sister have both relied heavily on Mum and whilst she enjoys seeing the children, I know she would like a rest sometimes! 

03/04/2014 at 20:03

An hour to an hour and a half away sounds perfect to me, just close enough that you can call on them if need be but as you say not so close that it gets too easy!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.