Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

43,041 to 43,060 of 43,201 messages
PG3
18/03/2015 at 14:58

Hugs everyone.

Nurofen - big hugs to you.  Non of that stuff will be easy but i would imagine its very important if you are to get through this.

Caro - so sad about your FIL.  I remember when my Grandma died, she told me Dad she was ready and he said 'no, no. no' and she said she had had enough.

Hugs to all those with relationship issues, big or small.  Relationships are so hard.  Mine feels like a ticking time bomb sometimes.

I cant really focus very well as i have 30 mins until my big call at work.  Am scared.  My mouth is dry and i just want to do myself justice but get it over with.

18/03/2015 at 17:41

Have been thinking about you this afternoon, PG - hope it was ok xx

18/03/2015 at 19:41

Hope it went ok PG - thinking of you Too. Having been there with work myself, and having found that anti deps were the only thing that helped me cope even enough to go in some days, I know how you guys (CM etc too) must be feeling. It is the worst thing. 

Lolmto quiz night Caro. I love a good quiz and your telling of it at least brought s smile amidst all the pain around right now. Hi chynah! Good to hear from you. Hope all turns out ok. Sounds like a stressful time for you right now too. Echo what others said about getting mojo back  CM helped me by saying justbtry 20 mins  that's reallybhelped me  so some days all i do is 20 mins but cos it's short it doesn't hurt much and I usually enjoy it then feel good for having gone. 

Nurofen and CC - dunno what to say really. When your relationship isn't going well it just pervades everything With this horrible gloom and anxiety. Hugs and thinking of you. 

I found a friend to run with this morning - a mum from preschool. We were both in our kit at drop off so I asked where she was going and when and we ended up doing 4 miles together around the copse and the village. Not far but it was so nice to have company. Anyway, I might rest up a bit now before Reading on Sunday. 

18/03/2015 at 19:42

Oh and glad it was just a cyst TTid. Phew! 

18/03/2015 at 20:34

Yes TT glad it was a cyst.  amazing you had the procedure and results so quick....when I think of how it took me 6 wks to be diagnosed.......but I'm assuming you paid for it so I guess that's the difference!  

PG3
18/03/2015 at 21:08

Ttid - i missed the post about the cyst earlier today - i was too nervous and couldnt focus great news

Some of you saw on FB but it went well.  Not sure what will happen but feel much better for doing something.

Brookie - great news about the running friend.  Nice to have something in common with another mum, not just being a mum.  Good luck for Reading.  I think you might surprise yourself.

I went for a swim this morning.  I think my blase attitude about my half IM only being a 1900m swim and I dont really need to train for it is a bit foolish. I was flagging at 1500m this morning.  I think i have only swum once in about 3 months though.  Might need to do a bit more!  Same applies for cycling!

On the subject of running, my legs feel like dead weights.  Please tell me this is normal 3.5 weeks out from a marathon?  I am going to do 16 or 17 this weekend then start tapering.

18/03/2015 at 21:21

Glad it went well pg. Also relieved for TT that just a cyst. 

I spent the whole day in court. Probably the main positive was that I couldn't stuff my face for the majority of the day so I was relatively healthy today!  

18/03/2015 at 21:48

TT so glad just a cyst - still not pleasant tho.x

18/03/2015 at 22:03

I love how we find humour in crap situation. EF pleased she couldn't stuff her face cos in court all day. Caro chuckling over the booby prize. 

Life is hard gals. most of us have relationships to work on all the time. Some of us have relationships which are not what they should b and don't help how we feel. (typos courtesy of iPad btw). 

Lotsof of us have family members and friends with health issues  Lots of us also have nutty and complicated family members

god many of us have health issues of our own

we all have kids. Most of us have young and very dependent kids. Some of us have older kids with their own woes and challenges 

Most of us are juggling some kind of work along with this or trying to facilitate partners' work or trying to fathom out how we can return to work if we're not working now and how to balance this with the family demands. 

and all of us like running. Some of us do loads. Others do next to none. But we probably all think we should do could do must do more / better / faster etc

weve all got shit loads on. We all deserve a cocking big Pat on the back and a massive group hug for just being all round great lasses and doing our level best to get by

and I'm not even drinking alcohol these days lol

18/03/2015 at 22:19

CM - you're ace! 

PG - so pleased it went well Definitely normal to have sluggish legs a little while before marathon. I ran a very slow 6 miler 5 days before the ultra and thought there would be no way I'd get round! Not great for the confidence but I guess it is your body's way of telling you it's taper time

Feeling better tonight. Have been doing lots of reading about self-compassion and some meditation too. In fact, the meditation was so good, it sent me to sleep before when G was napping. Probably should have been doing something more constructive but in my new self-compassionate mode I forgive myself for this

18/03/2015 at 22:25

All snuggled up in Bed. The realise I haven't hung the washing up. Gah. Gotta get up again. 

18/03/2015 at 23:04

Nah. A quick rinse tomorrow night and do it then. 

18/03/2015 at 23:05

But I'm a clart as you know. 

18/03/2015 at 23:07

Quick question - if I have a sort of numb feeling in my bum/thigh crease and a numb with weird tingly feeling in my right shin plus slight numbness on top of right foot into big toe......should I be worried or have I just overdone it by running a whole 10 miles at wkend

18/03/2015 at 23:09

Caro. I've been meaning to say I totally know what you guys are going through with FIL as of course we had it last year with my MIL. I'm thinking of you all. 

18/03/2015 at 23:10

CM, I loved your summary, so well put. We are all pretty ace and life ain't easy

18/03/2015 at 23:44

Hurrah to CMs fabulous synopsis of our crazy chaotic lives - we are all totally awesome, and must remind ourselves of that, because often nobody else will!!

Chynah - great to see you still lurk, and are now back posting a bit. Hope you found the ooomph to put those trainers on and 'just see what happens' ... it often does the trick for me (())

TT - knew you were getting lump checked but didn't see outcome, massive relief for you that it's *just* a cyst, health worries are not what you need on top of life stresses (())

PG - sooooo pleased you got through today, and majorly important, that you have a boss who actually seems to understand

unlike CMs place that seems like a total crock of sh1t!!

Nurofen - lots and lots of hugs to you, and don't go taking the weight of the understanding all upon yourself, as someone reminded me the other day (I think it was Hoggle) it takes two to make a mess!!  Well done for being brave though (())

Caro - LOL at the booby prize!!! I love quizes but am crap at them, mind always goes blank.  and yes, re FIL, reminds me of when hubbys mum died - I didn't see her but he was going to visit and I can remember when they were just upping the morphine and waiting, was same with my great aunt ... all really

18/03/2015 at 23:50

I'm a clart too - tonights washing up is still on the side but I did sort the washing after teaching my class tonight!!! Haven't had my post-run shower yet though that will be tomorrow morning - how vile am I!!!  CM - you won't want to come near us now - you probably think we are living in a hovel!!

I really do need to get a grip with some meditation of sorts and the self-compassion ... I started to read some of the things Caro has recommended, but then have become bogged down in the current nightmare and it's all a bit out the window again - feel like it's all a bit out of control really !!

I think Brookie asked if we were going for counselling - we had a session the other week when hubby was home, and have one again this week too. Is very very hard as we are not coming at it from same angle - ie hubby = reconciliation; me = there to have someone make sure hubby is actually listening to me, but not wanting to facilitate reconciliation!! So you can vaguely imagine how the atmosphere is in our house at weekends ... already dreading Thursday night return and it's not like he's being vile to me at all, the total reverse, would be easier if he WAS being horrible!!! Last weekend neither of us got much sleep.

and on the subject of sleep, I really ought to be off of here and on my way to bed ...

whooops - EF and the numbness - hmmm, not sure, but doesn't sound ideal ... has it worn off? or is it constant?

19/03/2015 at 00:25

Shit CC, do you really not see a happy ending to this?  

Really should try some of that meditation myself. I seem unable to fall asleep in bed at night without some distraction so I tend to listen to something on the radio (usually The Archers podcast ????, I think Caro is a listener too?) on earphones. I never had problems falling asleep when I was younger, used to do it literally everywhere (restaurants, nightclubs, cinemas....!). 

bum, was going to say loads but am too of a page and daren't go back to read as I'll lose what I've written...

19/03/2015 at 03:37

*top* of a page, obviously.....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.