Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

43,061 to 43,080 of 45,770 messages
09/04/2014 at 07:45

Wow JG that sounds very nasty, hope they scab soon and she is able to come home. Just when you get back to normal Nicky will start! 

Had Archie screaming twice in the night with 'bad leg, bad dreams and sore winky' so he cooked in our bed until 6am then spewed in it.....nice. 

09/04/2014 at 11:53

Boo to spew.  We had a cot load of spew yesterday morning from Eric, 2 days after matilda's night time spew so must be a bug of sorts. 

I ran to work today!  Hubby has the day off to look after the kids and they are coming to visit mummy at work in a bit, and bring me my lunch and other stuff I need. I wouldn't be able to do it normally because I do bring quite a lot of stuff with me that I couldn't really carry whilst running.  Its 5 miles, and the route I ran looks easily cycleable so I might brave it and cycle sometime. 

09/04/2014 at 16:45

Oh god, now I am starting to feel a bit sick.....argh!  Have bee fine all day, had a lovely lunch with Ian and the kids in the park, had an ice cream, came back to work and now all of a sudden I feel nauseous.  Have got to survive 2 more hrs at work and get the tube home.....have just taken some anti nausea drugs so fingers crossed!

09/04/2014 at 16:56

Fingers crossed Caro!  Definite boo to spew!

I've finished for the holidays at work, yeay !  Feel shocking though, thirsty, headache, slight sore throat...boo!  It's my first free Wed night in 11 weeks tonight though so I AM going to circuits, though I may not enjoy it!

Just planning Sophie's party - first playcentre one, I want to cry at the cost!  Oh well, no stress for me I suppose nor any food costs other than a cake.  £120 for her and 7 friends to do a Bear World party (design bear's t-shirt, choose a bear and they stuff it for you to take home, plus play in the playcentre and food and party bags).  Or more if she wants more friends but the minimum is 8..!

Been utterly useless this afternoon!  Oh well, hopefully an earlier night than usual will help.  I went to see Matt Cardle last night (X Factor winner a while back) and he was fab, love seeing singers who can actually sing live and acoustic .

Physio on Friday if Sophie's better, otherwise will have to put it off a week.  Not had a chance to do much recently though, too tired to stretch or roller most of the time.

Right must get kids' tea.

PG3
09/04/2014 at 17:58

Caro And jg hope you are both OK. Caro I hope the tube ride is OK. I bet its quite warm today. Good one on running to work. Can you take stuff ahead ie on monday and then run in the next day? I used to keep my stuff at work and then run to work with a small bum bag with work pass, phone, oyster card and keys in it. 

Beautiful day today. I am still only able to walk but did about 2.5 hours today.

09/04/2014 at 17:59

Pip I only work 2 days a wk, and in 2 diff places so that wouldn't work.  But that's ok, it was just fun to do it once.  Still feeling sick but poss a bit better.  Only 1 hr to go.......

09/04/2014 at 18:12

Fingers crossed the spews stay away! The only thing worse than cleaning it is puking yourself.  

Yikes JG, that is expensive! Glad you enjoyed Matt - I had a bit of a soft spot for him when he was on X-Factor

Tried broccoli today. It was one of JP's first and absolute favourite weaning foods. G does not feel the same way! She likes baby rice though, and also banana. Butternut squash tomorrow!

09/04/2014 at 20:01

Well I survived until I got off the tube, then spewed in a flower bed next to our local mosque........I think I was discrete anyway!  Apart from the retching sounds........am now in bed.

09/04/2014 at 20:14

Oh no Caro. Hope it passes soon. 

09/04/2014 at 20:25

oh no Caro you poor thing!!!

09/04/2014 at 20:41

Oh no, guess it was inevitable Caro. Hope if i am going to have it that it starts today as  i want it gone by the triathlon on sunday! 

Great walking Pip and boo to not liking broccoli Tatty. I weaned mine on ready brek! 

09/04/2014 at 21:24

Eek Caro!! Hope it passes quickly. Least you got off the tube!!

Not .very motivated at work this week. Nice weather and want to be doing stuff with the kids. So tempted to quit before the summer holidays must admit. We do need the money though. Might make a more concerted effort to look for another job!!

10k trot yesterday at 8mm. 19 miles biked tonight. First ride of the year. LOVED IT!!!

Going to swim tomorrow morning and run in the evening at the club. Whoop whoop!!

Still sad about London but I do have the summer and if all goes OK the ultra. CC and Lotte any thoughts on minimum training for thus? 44 miles on Coast path, 6th June!!

Right time to organize for tomorrow!!

PG3
10/04/2014 at 11:17

Caro well done for making it off the tube. Camlo hope you don't get I'll or its gone by sunday. Mm - were you supposed to be doing London? I was but I me + London Marathon = disaster. Not sure I will ever do it. I have entered Brighton next year.

Another lovely day today. Hooray

10/04/2014 at 13:26

Hiya all!  Caro - poor you but it's going around.  I had it at weekend.  Totally wrote off Saturday and Sunday.  I felt OK at park run then mid afternoon felt a bit odd but thought maybe I was hungry as hadn't eaten anything..  Ate a scone, jam & cream then within half an hour was over the toilet.  Horrified as for a horrible second thought I had had a reaction to clotted cream and would never be able to eat it again.......then realised it was a bug. Phew!  In bed all weekend but better now.  Had a scone & clotted cream yesterday just to make sure and no ill effects.  Relief.  Saw off almost the last few lbs of baby weight though - 2 lbs to go now.  Almost so little as to not bother but i am determined to see the last bits go.  Then I want to lose another few lbs to get down to my happy "racing weight" ready for Berlin but if that doesn't happen I don't really mind.

Well done on all that walking Pip.  I will go out this afternoon as it's just a lovely day.  Walked yday too but no running yet this week.  Need to read back a bit to catch up.  MM is your ultra in Pembrokeshire or have a i made that bit up?  I know there is a coast path ultra there in November I think, 3 marathons over 3 days (so I suppose maybe not technically an ultra) which I would love to do one year.

Camlo -good luck for Tri on Sunday.  which one is it again? sorry for all the stuff I've missed.  Will try to keep up better.  My GP appt is next week thank goodness so hopefully she can help me with the pills.  I think the hope that she will is lifting me a bit too - light at the end of the tunnel so to speak.

Tatty - so exciting that they are on solids now too! I have started Isaac this weekend just gone (which was nice given that I felt HORRENDOUS!).  He has had sweet potato wedges, melon, banana, rice cakes, all the usual gubbins.  Interestingly, Ethan has eaten more veggies as a result - not to be outdone by little bro!  Good thing as he hasn't eaten veggies really since he turned 2!

Man, sunshine really makes everything seem better doesn't it?!

10/04/2014 at 14:00

Oh no Caro - hope you're feeling better?  Thanks for the company on Sunday - hopefully we can do it again sometime in drier conditions!  Funny that you ran to work yesterday - I ran home.  With Eye Candyman   We met at Liverpool Street, took train to Tottenham Hale then got straight on the River Lee Navigation towpath and followed it back to Cheshunt for 9 miles.  His car was parked there so lift home.  Started run at 6pm and was indoors by 7:25pm - great way to get a slightly longer run in and still have some evening left and perfect run now it's lighter.  Think we'll be doing that a lot over the next few months while his runs build - the great thing with the towpath is we can just start further back depending on how far we need to run.  It was a lovely evening for it (apart from the flies - think I swallowed tons!)

MM, really hope you make your ultra and salvage something from all your training.  I would love to do London again - maybe next year - and am also considering an ultra next year: Royal Parks Ultra which is 50K mainly on Thames towpath but starting in one of the London Royal Parks.  Hubby is against it - he thinks that kind of distance puts too much strain on the joints, even though I pointed out it's only 5 miles more than a marathon.  We shall see

Have read back but forgotten most of it!  Brookie, glad you're seeing GP and I hope it helps.  CM, hope you found the offending payslip!  Hate it when that happens!

Currently in throes of organising a party for hubby's 40th next month.  Cocktails and karaoke theme - have booked karaoke, in negotiations with bartender to come and make cocktails, hopefully should be a fun evening!

Will try and catch up properly but at work at the moment and need to crack on!

10/04/2014 at 22:30

Hi folks. Caro hope you're on the mend. 

Yay to all the weaning. I'm being mega carp mum and using way too many pouches instead of cooking. No time! 

Andy's mum got home about 1 1/2 wks ago. Her twin sister left on Sat. And yesterday she got re admitted to hosp.  Infirmary this time. She fell going to the loo at 5am and has broken her hip. It never rains.....

So life a bit mental but kids are great. Still in dire need of a lotto win so can quit work and stay at home. 

11/04/2014 at 08:06

Sounds mental indeed EF, hang in there and keep hoping for that lotto!! I definitely used more shortcuts on Scarlett. Second babies and all that. Reading, not posting, bit manic here, planned to run this morning but have over slept! Darn it!! Parents go today, fantastic week, even if a bit full-on after 9 days of parents sharing my house!! Fabn trip to Culloden yesterday, lots of beach walks etc, kids have had a ball + mum and I had great girlie shopping day in Inverness   Training schedule ... Ha ha, what's that? But good speed session Tuesday and managed to equal spores of the girl I was paired with who is half my age and one of the quicker girls in club - yay! Didn't break myself but oh boy did my side muscles age - shock to system is fast running!! Mm - am sure you will be fine ... I am doing 73 mile great Glen way several weeks after your race, and your under training will likely be more then my best training efforts!!! Am always under trained. Ultras are a lot of mental strength a well as physical. All depends on expectations you set for yourself too. Training is trial and error - diversity in training schedules way more than you'll see in marathon training. For shorter ultras (is under 50 miles) I've never run further than 23 miles as a long run, 100 milers a bit different.

11/04/2014 at 09:35

Mil texted during night to say that her op was going ahead today. Only she sent it to our landline so phone rang in middle of night. That was pleasant. Not. Then of course it's apparent that she's just totally confused so text this am to say op cancelled. It can't go ahead yet, her INR (some sort of clotting measure) is 14! It needs to be 2. She's off her warfarin so hopefully will come down soon. 

11/04/2014 at 10:00

Oh EF, hope she stabilises soon , midnight calls never good either

11/04/2014 at 19:58

Golly EF. You got it all going on right now. Hope she's ok. And I agree, midnight calls always make my hairs stand on end with thw dread of something awful. Hope your weekend is ok and your MiL's clotting level thingy comes down soon. 

Hubby has to work this wkend. Bit gutted as I crave the weekends so much because of having some hlelp with the kids so when I know he won't be around much it's gutting. Means no long run either probably. Well, know I'm luckily really so mustn't grumble.... 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.