Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

43,081 to 43,100 of 46,364 messages
11/04/2014 at 21:01

It IS hard though brookie when you been hanging in there for it though.

11/04/2014 at 21:02

You need a headtorch, for after dark runs instead!! Not every ones cup of tea I know

11/04/2014 at 21:17
Funny I never minded running in the dark early morning and am happy to run in the dark with company but not keen alone.
11/04/2014 at 22:04

I don't mind up here, although I do spook myself sometimes, but back down south I would never run in the woods on my own in the dark, no way! Although, that said, I was bumbling along stretches of the SDW 100-miler and Lakeland 100km on my own in dark, but you do have the reassurance that there are others stumbling around somewhere too!

11/04/2014 at 22:05

knackered, off to norfolk tomorrow, no more puking, now just need to escape  

12/04/2014 at 09:04

Enjoy the escape caro, and yay to no more puking! Have you all had it now? So can safely relax in knowledge that is it?

12/04/2014 at 10:37

As long as my Dad doesn't get it..........

12/04/2014 at 15:25

Good luck in the tri camlo. 

12/04/2014 at 16:03

Ooooh, yes camlo ... Hope it's a lot less windy where you are.

12/04/2014 at 20:35

Boo to voms but hopefully we are all clear now and can enjoy easter hols. Pack some alcohol gel and get your dad to use it liberally caro. 

Tatty - JP looks so grown up in his passport photo! 

Good luck to chynah for tomorrow - hope i have linked real name with you! 

have spent the day swimming, messy church and running up and down a field watching motorbikes, just packed boys case for 5 days with sis in law and thrown shoes, towel, talc, goggles, sunshades and number belt in a box for tomorrow. Not exactly rested for it!  It is only a sprint tri so should be done and dusted in time to hear the finish of the mara. Would LOVE to see mo win it! 

12/04/2014 at 21:39

Good luck camlo!  Not chynah (who I think is yve on here) but Yvonne Linney who is running tomororow and I don't remember her name on here!  I met her last dec at a race I did, and she is in the same running club as my cousin.

now my dad is sick!  Argh.  I feel so bad.  He looked after both kids all day yesterday whilst we were at work, took them to the Olympic park, gave them ice cream, played with them, drive all the way up to norfolk and then started feeling rubbish.  Well it went through the rest of us fast so hopefully he'll be feeling better by the morning.  He can join me watching the marathon on telly whilst the kids and hubby go off and leave us in peace.

i don't think mo will do it though..........lbit you never know.

our cottage is gorgeous, so rural.  Have to figure out some running routes, and hubby and I have brought our bikes too.  

12/04/2014 at 21:52

The two yvonnes are chynah and Yve I'm pretty sure but can't remember which way round! 

Boo to your dad being sick. Fraser vommed all over himself and his high chair today - 5 mins after Andy left to visit his mum.  It was quite spectacular. I've just taken the straps out from steeping them in virtually neat napisan. Bleugh. 

12/04/2014 at 21:55

Chynah is Yve Gilding and is running tomorrow. Good luck!

12/04/2014 at 22:05

Hi all just having a quick read before bedtime.  The other Yvonne (L) is Yve on here and I am Yve on fb (just to confuse!!).  Think we are both running tomorrow.

Boo to all the sickness and Good Luck to Camlo and everyone else running this weekend.x

12/04/2014 at 22:30

Oops sorrychynah!  Good luck.to you both.  And I wished u luck on fb but thought I was saying good luck to the other yve! Mind u, it doesn't take much to.confuse me these days.........run well

12/04/2014 at 22:31
That saves me posting lol I have a written list of all the names cross matched with FB names
12/04/2014 at 22:33
I am quite sad aren't i lol
12/04/2014 at 22:38

MiL op is tomorrow now. Hope to god that means no early phone call. 6.45am she called today then she couldn't get it to work so it was silence but she left the line open and then she sent text to landline again. The other night it seems we got off lightly. We got a text to landline at 4.51 which was bad but andy's brother had her on for a chat at 4am and that's the second time she's done that to him! She seems to lose track of time in hosp and has no idea if it is 3am or 3pm. 

Edited: 12/04/2014 at 23:11
13/04/2014 at 09:35

Hi everyone, I was just hoping to pick your brains about your experiences of returning to running after having your babies and any advice as I attempt this?!? 

I went on my first run yesterday after having my baby 9 weeks ago. Prior to being pregnant I ran regularly (3-4 times per week) and have done lots of half marathons and one full one in 2012, but i stopped running during my pregnancy as I was sick up until 6 months and then was too tired and uncomfortable to start again.... So it's pretty much like I'm starting again! 

I had a normal delivery although a slight complication meant I needed a blood transfusion but I've been feeling fine in myself so decided to try a little run. I have a place in the GNR in September which suddenly seems not too far away!!! Also I had a place in VLM but have deferred until next year although currently no idea how il ever fit all the training in but it's early days I guess! 

yesterday was a bit of a reality check - had a stitch by the time I was only half way down my road (!) but kept going and managed nearly 20 mins very slowly, did about 2 miles. Since then I've had pain in my stomach area whenever I move which I'm guessing is due to a lack of abdominal strength now?!? 

Any advice or experiences would be much appreciated! Especially any advice on strengthening your core & pelvic floor muscles  thanks!!

13/04/2014 at 13:11
If u have discomfort in abs area just now I would take it very slowly with the running and core work. Would suggest a run walk schedule like a 5 k beginners schedule, altho u will find it comes back quicker and easier than when 1st started running. As for core work I would stick with tensing and pulling in tummy/abs, short bursts one after the other and holding for 30 secs a bit like doing pelvic floor exercises if that makes sense. And then when u r feeling stronger slowly introduce harder core/ abs work like planks.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.