Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

43,581 to 43,600 of 46,087 messages
09/05/2014 at 07:00

Power nap?   Oh god to the climbing, but secretly I love it!!

09/05/2014 at 08:23

Oh gosh Caro, much love coming your way (()). I have nothing to add other than luck and positivity. As all have said, you are a strong woman, and happy to have you vent or just chat how ever much you need. Wish we lived closer to help! Fab to no mortgage though. And yes a hard conversation to come with Matilda for sure.

Hugs for Chynah too, what is the situation now? 

55 miler, glad you changed your mind CC!!

I am off for an easy 20 today, had a good quick-ish blast at club last night, still struggle with running fast, but will tackle that come June. Hen weekend for one of the running girls this weekend, it's going to pour with rain and we are staying in a yurt in a field!!!

I figured I should run a 30 miler next weekend, that is 3 weeks to go, no need to go further than that? Feel pleased with efforts last weekend, and not sore at all, just a wee bit tired.

Lol to fook doc Janie!! 

09/05/2014 at 09:21

caro - you will cope at work today. you may find it's not too bad, but if it is, then you need to tell someone. i don'[ think anyone would blame you for being under par today.

it is brilliant that you have paid off your mortgage! i have critical illness cover which i pay for privately. it also covers the kids (by default). it's not cheap - 30ish quid a month - but i decided it was worth it. because i'm on my own and have no contingency.

i'm sure you can get advice about how to tell matilda. do you have a nurse you can talk to about it?

09/05/2014 at 10:32

There is critical illness cover for vets but never bothered.  We do have life insurance.....but I'm hoping it wont come to that!

Have ordered a book called 'Mummy's lump' from breast cancer care and also a booklet on telling your kids about it.  One of the dads I walked to school with is recovering from a brain tumour and he said the school were really good with his son so will find out who he spoke to.

Was bombarded with questions as soon as I walked in the door as my manger had told the head nurse at this branch that I wouldn't be in first thing as I had to go to hospital.  I was going to tell her anyway it actually just made it easier as she had already broached the subject.  I have told her she can tell the others I work with but next wk, not when I'm about. 

It is nice not to have financial worries.  We save a lot, mostly for the kids future I guess, or a rainy day.  I think I am by nature quite tight I always say if we won the lottery I wouldn't move house and I still wouldn't waste money on first class flights!  We had just got someone round to give us a quote for an extension and new kitchen, with the work to start in the new yr, but we'll put that on hold now until we know exactly what's going to happen.

09/05/2014 at 10:34

Another irony - when you have cancer you get free NHS prescriptions for 5 yrs - just as I was moaning about the cost of my asthma inhalers and the 'unfairness' that the Welsh and Scots get theirs free.  Now I will too.....for at least the next 5 yrs.

09/05/2014 at 14:50

Passing through to say (()) Caro. Seems a little crap to just offer virtual (()) but I hope having us all here thinking of you and ready to listen helps. You are so strong both physically and mentally that I am positive you are going to kick cancer super fast. Keep up the running and don't forget to eat (a lot!) to be ready for that surgery. 

I've never known a friend or relative to have cancer at a young age, but suddenly remember celebs like Kylie, Anastasia, Watchdog lady(!) and randomly was just listening to radio 2 who had their gardening man on - wasn't he diagnosed last year with cancer?!

back to playing with my lovely girls - who I am trying to appreciate more and not shout at (as much )

09/05/2014 at 15:03

caro - you are in a great position to focus on getting well.  you don't have immediate money worries; you have a job and they are being supportive. you are fit and well (other than the obvious) and you are young. you have a supportive hubby and your family sounds like they will also rally round. did you speak to your mum in the end? you've got supportive childcare, which is also a big relief. you are being immensely practical about everything which is great - keeping positive is going to be a major factor here. and once you have clarity over the procedures and timings, i'm sure you will plan it all and it won't be as bad as you fear.

still no cat turned up. i have leafleted the area and put up posters. going to expand the area later and put posters up further afield. i'm fairly sure he's found a new adoptive family. he was suspiciously fat for a cat that only had measured portions of dried food. i suspect he's found somewhere with a steady stream of tinned food. my other cat is settling down a bit. not coming out of the wood yowling quite so much now. it's sad though. especially for the kids.

09/05/2014 at 15:13

Sad about puss - don't give up yet.

So my sister is staying with mother for the wk end so she has told her.  Apparently she took it well.  However she has already been making negative comments about 'looking after the kids' and doesn't think she'll be able to change her flights.  Well quite frankly if that's her attitude then I don't want her here any longer than she already is thank you very much.  The kids will need someone loving and supportive to be kind to them and give them cuddles when I cant, not someone who resents having to look after them.  My dear sister immediately has offered to come over.  I'm holding her off for the moment till I know how extensive the surgery will be and whether I will need any additional treatment.  If I need radiation or chemo later on then I'm sure I'll appreciate the help and support then.  And my dear Dad would always fill any gaps - but he's not getting any younger.......

09/05/2014 at 17:57

Just had a call, next appt is on Wed, presumably for the MRI results and to plan surgery.  So have e mailed managers and told them, not much anyone can do about it.

Weather looks dire at parkrun o clock tomorrow, so I think I may take my sister's advice and stay in bed........hubby will take kids to gymnastics as usual.  I may see if I can convince him to go and buy me the paper before he goes.......

We are going to aqua splash in the Olympic pool in the afternoon which the kids will love, and I am excited about swimming in it too.  Plus I am going to see if I can find shoes for the wedding.  I have my outfit but still need shoes.

09/05/2014 at 20:54

Glad you have stuff planned Caro and pr avoidance sounds wise. sorry about your mum. But i guess you aren't entirely surprised. Sad tho

09/05/2014 at 21:22

Oh Caro it was no surprise given the last two weeks but still one hopes. Anyway you have your diagnosis and it's definitely not the worst news plus they are getting everything lined up super fast which is good.  Huge hugs. Your mum - what can we say. I'm just glad you have your sister and your dad both willing. 

Sorry I've not been on much this week - work mental. Had to work all day yesterday and got home 10.20 (ok it involved a dinner out but it's still work!) then today I had to be in sharp in Glasgow so feel like I've hardly been in. 

New bank card card arrived yesterday. Hurrah! 

09/05/2014 at 21:28

You go JT!

So I have this polar activity tracker bracelet thing that I won a while ago and I now wear just for fun.  It tells you how much sleep you get, as well as how active you are during the day.  So I had 3 hrs 57 minutes sleep last night........

Good Night!!!

09/05/2014 at 22:11

Go JT!

Sounds as though you're dealing with any immediate practicalities Caro, no need to think any further than that at the moment.  If I was talking to Sophie I would tell her Mummy has to have an operation to try to make her better, you don't need to say any more than that at the moment.  Kids deal with the here and now, not the what ifs and maybe in the futures - just tell her Mummy feels a bit sad and needs lots of cuddles (even more than usual) .

I have that suspicion about both our cats, CM, fortunately neither has left us yet!  I hope your puss comes back soon.

Night in on my own = wine and Sex and the City DVD!  I'm having a bit of a spring clean and actually enjoying it - had the kids chucking out teddies and toys before bedtime tonight, to hopefully sell at our school summer fair as a car boot.

Eurovision tomorrow night - anyone watching?!  Has to be accompanied by alcohol though, tried it sober when I was pregnant and it was terrible .

09/05/2014 at 22:38

Oh goodness me yes JG. I love Eurovision. Get my scorecard ready. 4 categories - looks, dress, choreography and song. Song least important. will watch on the red button though so I can get the translated lyrics  

10/05/2014 at 08:26

Spoke to my mother last night, so she will see if she can change her flights but I'm not holding my breath.  Also don't want her to do it if its going to cost lots.  Slept better, going to have a day off running, currently in bed with paper and coffee.

Girls night out organised for Wednesday  

10/05/2014 at 08:34

Caro,  that sounds a lovely way to start the day and glad to hear you slept better too.I live Eurovision but am off to see the ballet at Eden court with girlfriends so am going to miss it, however am excited about night out with girlfriends .  Go go go jt

10/05/2014 at 09:10
Hello from Greece, last day of holiday here. So sorry to hear it is cancer Caro but hopefully getting the correct treatment now will mean you are back on your feet more quickly. Stay positive xxx
10/05/2014 at 09:53

Same categories here too EF I think - might print off the scorecards now in fact .

Lovely relaxing morning for you Caro, enjoy!

Hubby grumpy because he couldn't sleep (seems to happen a lot at the moment ) so not exactly a relaxing lie-in for me.  He flipped at the kids squabbling and shut Nicky in his room and told him he wasn't coming to watch Sophie swimming.  So I had to get up and help sort it out - Sophie had hit (or squeezed!) Nicky too so not entirely innocent, and I said I needed to do work this morning so he took him in the end.

Hubby's brother and girlfriend are meeting us later with the new Rottweiler puppy...as long as they don't try to bring it into our house, I can see the cats being seriously unimpressed if they do!  Just can't bring myself to like a Rottweiler, he's going to have to be very cute...

10/05/2014 at 09:54

Oh and I forgot to mention hubby is also grumpy because no uglies have been bumped recently...doesn't exactly make me want to, out of guilt!  In my defence, I've had a tummy bug and then period!!

10/05/2014 at 09:55
All puppies are cute, so that should help
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.