Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

43,581 to 43,600 of 47,108 messages
23/12/2013 at 22:00

Camlo, also very impressed by the laptop abandonment, well done.

Sadly Brookie, I did not avoid the bug.  We took our friends out to a local British pub for lunch yesterday, Max was feeling a bit better but had to run off to the toilet before he even had a bite of food and was sick then I ran to the toilet a little later and had it coming out of both ends (sorry TMI ), felt like death so texted Mr TT from the toilet saying 'feeling really bad' and he came and rescued me and got everyone ready to leave.  Our poor friends then both succumbed during the night last night, just in time to drive to Georgia to spend Christmas with his family, oops.  I feel awful that we have ruined their holiday.  I feel a lot better now but Mr TT has been feeling bad all day.  Just ran out to do some Christmas shopping so will just go to buy food tomorrow then we should be done.  Shops are nowhere near as crazy here as they are in UK so will not need to get up at 4:00 to go to supermarket.

23/12/2013 at 22:43

only a skim I'm afraid, but hopefully catch a few things:

Brining the turkey - have done it several times and used one of those big plastic garden trug things (the big buckets that JT used to use for washing wetsuits in!!!).

Don't get me started on the habits of men ... have just endured 3 days of husband being shattered because of all his traveling (very little input to anything here), and then he wondered why I looked/was feeling totally wiped and shattered ... 'cos I do nothing obviously!!!

Anyways, moving swiftly on ... to be fair, he can be VERY helpful but really does depend on frame of mind and levels of tiredness which is not especially helpful; and I have no choice but to do what needs to be done regardless of how tired I am ...

No Christmas cards sent out by post by me yet - there are a few folks who will be receiving Happy New Year cards I think!! Hubby has sent out ones to his dad though - how thoughtful!  We have shared the kids present buying - mainly 'cos most of it came from Amazon anyway so he can do that very easily when twiddling his thumbs in his hotel room in the evening.  Will be interesting when we put it all together tmrw night to wrap!

TTid - hope you are all better soon, sounds grim, is doing the rounds world-wide I think

Yay to park run PB Caro, you speedster you

I did a totally pants 4-miler tonight, felt so spaced out I nearly didn't go, except for the knowledge that the forecast for tomorrow looks 'interesting' RF - how is it with you, being more West than us I think you are having the full monty??  Anyway, predictably it was a blo*dy awful run but felt good sitting on top of the dunes listening to the waves crashing for a while and trying to find some inner calm  It wasn't helped by the fading batteries on my head torch and the fact the beam reflected off my glasses which made it all a bit weird - so was stumbling all over the place along the coastal path in the dark

Did go to see Frozen today though with friends and their kids, we all loved it and I would happily watch it again.

Hoping to try and fit another run in tmrw if possible. So glad this week is meant to be an 'easy' week as otherwise I'd be well behind! 

Will try and read back properly, but please try not to strangle those useless husbands!

Edited: 23/12/2013 at 22:44
24/12/2013 at 21:05

Merry Christmas everyone as I doubt I'll get on here tomorrow!   Hope you enjoy your Christmas run if you get one.

24/12/2013 at 21:08

Merry Christmas everyone! My house is a bombsite, I am actually washing stuff we need to wear tomorrow.  The boiler is leaking.  But the presents are wrapped so all is good! Have a wonderful day. Sadly andy's mum is still in hosp and got moved today to one which is on the other side of town.  She had a bone marrow biopsy today, results in 3 days. We're a bit scared really. 

24/12/2013 at 22:44

Hope all ok with Andy's mum EF. can understand you being scared. Waiting for results is so hard. Will be thinking of you all over christmas. 

loving everyone's pics on FB. HAPPY CHRISTMAS ALL OF YOU! hoping for my lengthy 40 min tomorrow. This mornings was spent mostly dodging the flood waters! Have wonderful days all of you with your friends and family. 

24/12/2013 at 23:01
Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.
Hope everything is ok with Andy's mum EF.

Our house fell through, they decided not to sell. Bloody annoying.

Far too many pressies for kids under our tree but can't wait for carnage of unwrapping!
25/12/2013 at 00:31

Merry christmas from soggy Wales xxxxx 

We saw Santa flying over (thanks for the tip guys), kids in bed by 8:30 but coughing like mad now..... 

Hope everyone has a peaceful day xx

25/12/2013 at 07:37
Happy Christmas everyone! Hope all the kids are happy

I am just getting ready for parkrun... Won't be a pb. I shall blame the Santa hat
25/12/2013 at 21:15

Merry Christmas all!!  Hope Santa brought you what you wanted, the children behaved and someone else did all the tidying up!

25/12/2013 at 22:02

Hoorah Caro, glad it was stress-free in the end!  Hope you had a good parkrun CM   I'm hoping to get out for a run somewhere tomorrow.

25/12/2013 at 22:08

Hope you enjoyed your run CM and have N with you now xxxx

We all woke at 8:30 so not too early and it was snowing heavily which was perfect. Traditional run to my sis and back gave me 4 mile of extra calorie allowance, had fab day and kids have gone to bed saying it was the best day ever. 

Hope you all had a lovely day and the weather didnt spoil any plans. 

25/12/2013 at 22:36

Happy christmas girls! hope all had a great day! We are penned in by floods and fallen trees but luckily weren't going anywhere anyway

25/12/2013 at 23:41

Happy Christmas ladies. Hope you all had lovely days. echo Caro's words - put very well. I did my 40 min run so delighted to have got there by Xmas as planned. Sleep well all. 

26/12/2013 at 09:27

Sonya Eric loves the cookie monster!  But sadly we lost one of the cookies already......hopefully it will turn up somewhere.

Off to do a 5k race at 11, normally several members of the Ohuruogu clan run it so I don't expect any prizes!

26/12/2013 at 09:29

belated happy Christmas from me ... lovely day here - no wake-ups until 7.45, very breezy pre-lunch coastal stomp, hubby did the lamb roast, everyone spoilt. off in search of sledging down in aviemore today.  hope you all have a great boxing day too and Sonya doesn't get flooded!!

26/12/2013 at 18:41

Managed a quick 3.5 mile run this morning while hubby fed the ducks with the kids, but he had a right face on by the time I caught up with them because he has no patience basically.  And now he's just had a fit at the cost of my new trainers (£95 after using £15 off voucher!) - it's not like I buy them very often and I have very wide big feet so there aren't many in the shop that fit!  Grr, feel like I've been told off .

Off to Suffolk tomorrow so I hope this storm blows over quickly - hubby of course thinks they're over-hyping it and there's no need to worry...!

26/12/2013 at 18:42

Mizuno Wave 17 by the way and so far they are fab, though I only had a quick jog on the treadmill in the shop! 

26/12/2013 at 19:45

Yay to new trainers JG! And well done on park run Caro! Spuds like a lovely day CC. 

26/12/2013 at 19:46

Sounds not spuds! Oh and sorry about the house Kinsey. That's a shame. Hope u guys find something even better soon. 

26/12/2013 at 20:13

I need new shoes, they are a basic right NOT a luxury, like food, heating and electricity

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.