Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

43,601 to 43,620 of 47,519 messages
26/12/2013 at 20:42

26/12/2013 at 21:29

Agree on the shoes

i got a onesie. And I put the bins out in them tonight

we had lovely day today. Kids delighted with presents. Their reactions were priceless

parkrun was slow yday. But fun!

cornwall tomorrow with kids. Can't wait

26/12/2013 at 21:58
Hadn't realised how bad the floods were here until I realised how flooded my local Tesco was! The River Wey has exploded here and all the land is completely waterlogged so there is no where for any new water to go. It's not close to where we live but it is going to make life difficult for the next few days.

I am getting more running done, two runs this week.

Our house sellers changed their mind so we don't have a house to buy now. Something new has come on the market so Alan will try and see that next week, massive pain as I would love to get on with moving. Can't believe the sellers, they seem utterly bonkers, had random reasons for the change of heart (they didn't expect to sell, there is nothing on the market for them to buy...)

Loving the hats on fb Lotte!
28/12/2013 at 07:53

That is so annoying Kinsey, is there anything else suitable that you've seen?

Well after my last ranting post, hubby took it upon himself to snoop on this forum as he suspected I was writing about him - I'm so p***ed off with him .  Yes I was moaning, but I have a right to express my annoyance without having to worry about him reading it.  Anyway it upset him but he was more annoyed with himself for looking and says he won't do it again.  Grr! He's ok with it now but I feel judged every time I go on the laptop now .  If nothing else he now knows that women talk about men!!

28/12/2013 at 09:24

Haha that is a good lesson learnt then JG! I dont think they realise until someone else (or something else) points it out, and until then they just think you are nagging or not being serious. i was quietly having a nervous breakdown a few weeks ago and sold everything not nailed down in the house but hubby just basked in my newfound housekeeping skills without noticing some of the things were my prized possessions! I even let my mother come to the house on my 40th and walk off with the only gift I had been given.  Anyhoo hope your hubby realises a) you are a grown up and deserve some respect b) he shouldnt snoop!!! 

CM new onsie or new trainers? Glad you are enjoying your belated xmas! 

Kinsey grrrrrrrr, didnt expect to sell?? What kind of people are they? STUPID?? 

Off for a jog now, i have eaten 4 massive roasts in 3 days and tummy feels like a snake which has eaten a whole buffalo. 

28/12/2013 at 12:35

Hope you had a good run Camlo.

My brother was here for a few days and was nice to have 

a male ally who actually can't get his head round how men 

behave. He did most of the dishes and entertained Camryn . Hubby on the otherhand barely lifted a finger and rather 

than spend time with his kids before he went to work, sloped 

off with his Xmas voucher to dwnload games on his computer, nothing 

new there then.

28/12/2013 at 12:42

And of course I got the cliche black and red underwear 

that I would have to lose at least a stone to fit into. Why 

would a 40+ woman with weight issues want bloody underwear, seriously! 

Money for new trainers, a personal trainer or some other 

fitness related gift yes, not a bloody basque + thong.

28/12/2013 at 15:15

Tt ()

we got my brother in law a couple of pt sessions with my old trainer - because he's been going on about putting on weight and never comes up with anything he wants. Cost quite a bit. No thankyou just complained that he was too unfit to manage a pt session (he's not!) and he wanted to change the start date from 6th. He also spent all of Christmas on his ipad, asleep on the sofa or in a bad mood complaining about all the food he was being forced to eat (which my hubby spend 6hours preparing). this happened last year too and I'm inclined to tell him to stay at home next year and I'll take the pt sessions.

JG- hubby would never read this! He just wouldn't even think of it. 

Camlo () how can they be so oblivious! Buffalo eating snake is definitely how I feel too (sat next to heros tin...)

cm, hope you're now having a great time with the kids.

congrats to tt! I hope all ok and Hope the sickness bugs went away. 

kinsey - grrr to house!! How ridiculous those sellers sound! I thought you might be underwater too! Assume you been brooklands? the river mole had flooded by us but we were ok, had power anyway! And only affected our planned rainy Xmas day walk.

both girls have been ill most of Xmas but overall we had fun (except for BIL who I'm trying to forget about..). Ear infections and snotty colds - which has now delayed our trip up north to next week. So enjoying a few unexpected days only the 4 of us!

caro - glad he liked Cookie Monster and well done on that pb!

I've been running a bit as should have started my training for brighton marathon. Was getting concerned as itb playing up as soon as I upped long run over 8 miles. However had some very unexpected news on Xmas eve so I'm not sure I'll be doing it anymore..!

sorry for crap spelling etc, ipad nonsense! enjoying few mins of calm as hubby taken girls out to park, I am meant to be looking at sale tables online but got bored and kept looking at trainers

28/12/2013 at 15:38

Not at all intrigued as to what the unexpected news was 

28/12/2013 at 15:51

Come on Sonya...spill the beans!

28/12/2013 at 16:20

Yes come on Sonya, would I be correct in guessing your unexpected news is not dissimilar to mine?

28/12/2013 at 17:22

Ooh we like unexpected news 

28/12/2013 at 17:42
TT, grr to the underwear. I would always choose my own otherwise it would never get worn!

Sonya, don't keep us in suspense!! The floods made getting to Wisley tricky but apart from that it didn't affect us. I went over to M&S to pick up a parcel today and it looks like its all gone now.

Hubby has another house and two rentals to view in Ross on Monday so we might go and rent there as at least it will make it easier to do viewings!
28/12/2013 at 18:29

Is it u expected news of the turbo tid variety?! Come on....tell!

28/12/2013 at 18:30

unexpected even. 

We got a diagnosis for MIL Yesterday. Myeloma. Chemo starts today. She had to have 25 tablets for breakfast! 

28/12/2013 at 18:33

Bought new running top and tights today in the sales but seriously want new trainers. Want snazzy coloured ones

28/12/2013 at 19:17

Oh EF that's a shame, always seems worse when these things happen at 

this time of yr. Hope the chemo isn't to awful and she has a good 

outcome.

Would love nice bright coloured trainers but never have 

them in ones I get.

28/12/2013 at 19:30

Sorry about mil EF, do hope the chemo goes as well as it can.

yep, it is unexpected news of the tt variety! Been feeling odd for a week before so rather randomly bought a test, didn't tell hubby I'd got one as was sure it would be -ve. I was a wobbly mess when it was positive! Hubby was really excited though despite it being unplanned! Had to pull it together as mum staying and pretend to be normal (not drinking over Xmas was hard to hide!), we haven't had much time to talk about it until now. No idea of dates as i haven't had a period since June(!) but can't be far gone at all. I am happy but also scared to death how I'm going to cope with three!

28/12/2013 at 19:31

Yay!!! Congratulations! 

28/12/2013 at 19:50

Yipppppeeeeeee well done Sonia!! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.