Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

43,601 to 43,620 of 45,822 messages
10/05/2014 at 10:08
Same grumpy hubby here too JG, and yes they don't seem to get that huffing about it makes it less likely to happen cos u feel pressured into it. TOTM here too as well as hubby works night shift and teenager home all day on study leave. Add to that I would quite happily b celibate for life and am constantly irritated by all the stupid things hubby does or doesn't do lol. Balances new toilet roll on toilet roll holder instead of actually sliding it on the holder, puts bowls in cupboard in the wrong order, puts plastic spoons in the teaspoon bit of cutlery drawer, leaves stubble on sink when he shaves, uses every cup in the house instead of rinsing out the one he just used, leaves computer and lights on when he goes to bed, leaves tea rings on the worktop etc etc etc I am very easily irritated I think lol.
10/05/2014 at 19:47

That sounds just like Ben, TT Seriously, I cannot be bothered nagging anymore because he doesn't listen to me. And ugly bumping - well, hmm, not very often! Both too tired 

Caro - loving the sound of your morning I have tried to have a chill-out day today - well, as chilled as I can be with two kids on my own. So we had a PJ morning with DVDs, then a quick trip to Tesco for essentials, like Oreos 

10K is tomorrow! Just had a big plate of pasta with roasted veg in preparation. Excited

10/05/2014 at 20:06

Good Luck TB.  Hope the wind dies down.  It's been blowing a hoolie here with torrential rain on and off.

Had fun in the olympic pool.  The kiddie Aqua Splash has lots of toys and inflatables in the pool, Eric is crazy and doesn't care that he can't swim and Matilda loved whizzing around on giant lili pads.  I froze and shivered lots, then we went to Westfield for thai curry to warm up.

10/05/2014 at 20:24

Good luck TB!! I managed a PB at park run in Belfast this morning. I knew I had a good chance of one as I was running with my little brother and the course is almost all on Tarmac footpaths whereas my local one is mostly long grass and mud! My bro is way faster than me but jogged with me and dragged me round at 8 min miles. I was about to die at the end but delighted to better my PB by over a minute! 24.40. That will take some beating on my local course. Anyway, despite my lungs aching and feeling dizzy over the last 200m sprint I felt ok mostly. But I know I underperform on shorter distances bearing in mind my marathon times. Goals are sub 50 10k and a sub 1.50 half. With a marathon PB of 3.58.11 that should be do-able. 

Best bit about today's faster parkrun? I didn't wee myself even when sprinting!! Yay!! 

Caro - sounds like a lovely day. Someone else I know went to th swimming today too at the Olympic park. 

Hubbies .... Well, I left mine at home when coming to NI so I always miss him when away as he doesn't annoy me!! 

Good luck again for tomorrow TB - hope weather is kind for you. 

11/05/2014 at 07:24

Hello strangers,

I've just popped on here to see if I could find exciting news from Sonya after a casual Facebook post...but instead I've just read about you Caro. What a shocker! I'd signed up to do the Gloucester Race for Life, simply because the date fits in with my training, but now I will do it with you in mind. You are young and fit, stay strong and positive (()) x

11/05/2014 at 08:31

Hello PP, lovely to see you. Don't know whether you found Sonya's news or got distracted by Caro's but yes number 3 on its way, as is number 3 TT. I'm going under the radar on Facebook like I did with Oscar!

Met up with 4 old school friends yesterday at my parents' house and also my cousin and his 2 who are similar ages to M and O. The kids have never met before and it was lovely to see them playing so nicely together. I had forgotten that my friends didn't know my news so was funny to see their faces when they arrived!

There must be a 'husband manual' that they all get sent!!  We need to find out who is sending it out and get some edits done!  Looking for a good soft play area for boys today. Need them to burn off some energy. Also have a grumpy husband. Is it the time of the month?  ;-)

11/05/2014 at 08:59

Blimey TT! Well, I personally think you and Sonya are  both mad! BUT, big congratulations to you both! That's really lovely news. So, when are you both due? 

Billy is 3 next month, I don't think I could do the baby stage again. I'm ready to move on to the next stage of our family life and will be starting my PGCE in September. I'm currently looking into my childcare options for Billy. Abi's easy, she'll be in school!  

I've been injured since running Chester Marathon back in October and have only recently started back running again. I'm up to 3.6 miles now and have 2 park runs under my belt. I saw JohBoh there last week which was really lovely!

11/05/2014 at 09:21

I think we're mad too!  Both due August. Billy can't be 3 already, wow!  How lovely to bump into Joh, say hi from me next time you see her. 

PG3
11/05/2014 at 12:40

Hello

I hope all the grumpy husbands are in better moods. We haven't fallen out this weekend yet but there is still time

Brookie I think your pbs should be more than doable with that marathon time. My marathon pb is 4.29 and tenk is 51 something and him 1.54. I think I would have lowered my marathon pb if I had made it to London last year but I am sure it wouldn't have been below fours hours. V exciting for Berlin and Abingdon.

I am feeling a little frustrated. I know its no biggy compared to what some of you are going through but I am dieting and exercising and the scales haven't moved for two weeks. I do paleo which was amazing when marathon training. Maybe I need to monitor what I really eat as maybe its more than I think. I'd be surprised though. I now train most days also. My belt keeps moving the right way and I am not too unhappy when I look in the mirror but the scales are bad. I have to drag that around running so it is important. Hmmmm

PG3
11/05/2014 at 12:41

How did the ten k go tb?

11/05/2014 at 12:54
Forgot about hubby's other annoying habits- always leaves a little dribble of tea in bottom of cup when he puts it next to sink so if it gets knocked over to goes everywhere, never rinses plate before putting in dirty dish pile, will pile plates on top of bowls, puts cutlery in rack with food still stuck to it ( who leaves food on their cutlery ffs) so it dries in and is harder to wash off. Those are legitimate reasons to want to murder someone sometimes right?!?!? Lol
11/05/2014 at 13:34

I'm getting a little worried about tomorrow's headlines TT; 'Scottish husband found stabbed repeatedly with dirty fork, wife heard screaming 'rinse it, rinse it!!''. 

Just back from taking boys to soft play area in Cirencester, wow!  Not been to one before, both had an absolute ball and are now snoring away upstairs.  Time to join them....

11/05/2014 at 15:12

What to do with myself? Andy and loulou gone to a duck race in local braidburn park, Fraser was yawning so tried my new technique of sticking him in bouncy chair in front of the patio doors so he can see the garden - and it worked -zzzzzzz. If only I had a scrap of food in the house I could sit and enjoy a coffee and sth scrummy in peace. Ah well coffee will have to do. 

11/05/2014 at 15:41

Found an easter egg. My cup of joy overfloweth. And the boy is crawling. Proper crawling. Slow but for how long?! 

11/05/2014 at 16:41

Hi PP!  I am so with you on the 3rd child thing.  No way.  And the funny thing is I have been around a few cute babies lately, have enjoyed a cuddle and then been very happy to hand them back with no feelings of broodiness whatsoever!  That door has firmly shut.

Thanks for good wishes.  Bit of a shocker indeed, but after a bit of a wibble a couple of wks to go I seem to be ok.  Maybe a bit too ok......part of me feels like I should be less ok than I am and that maybe the wheels will fall off at some point, but we shall see.

Manic day.  Drove 1/2 hr away to take Matilda to her ballet show rehearsal at the theatre this morning, then to my friends house nearby to wait with Eric before picking ehr up, then dropped her straight at a b day party before going with Eric to a friend's BBq nearby, then picked her up, came home, dumped kids and went for a run.  

Friend's who Ian told our news to yesterday offered to babysit so we could go out tonight which is nice, so better have a shower.

PG3
11/05/2014 at 17:51

I am also on the '2 and out' school of thought. I am really enjoying my baby now, as opposed to the total panic last time, but also because I know its the last. I am one of three and its nice having two siblings but I am totally done, mentally, physically and financially. 

11/05/2014 at 21:03

Enjoy your evening out Caro.

Wow TT, totally missed that one re: number 3! Mad seeing as we had baby no 2 at the same time.  I am not even comtemplating another. 2 and through!! When are you due, do you know what youre having? 

Hooray on the crawling EF - how did that come around so quicky. It's the climbing you have to watch out for. I found Evie on the kitchen side the other day  

Some great races. Good 10k CC, when did you get so fast!? 

I've been in uni all weekend, so limited running for me but managed to get out for an hour today around London. Nearly finished year 1, 4 more to go!!!

11/05/2014 at 21:22

Ah the TTs, you make me giggle!   Totally feel your frustration Tangy, these are the things that I have to just not think about but when I have PMT they drive me insane!

Yay to Easter egg and crawling EF!

I'm quite happy with 2 though I do always imagine what it'd be like to have a 3rd... I think emotionally I wouldn't cope too well though, especially given that both our children were hospitalised as babies .  Quit while you're ahead I say .  And there's the financial side too, and having to give up work again...and running!

Speaking of running (I think this forum has some vague connection ) I went out this morning after doing a slow half hour on Friday and just feeling a bit of tightness in my hamstring afterwards.  I decided to risk a slow 5 miles (1 hour for me!) and I didn't feel any soreness .  Could be because I can barely walk after riding lesson and butt workout yesterday so that masks any other pain(!), but I hope I am going to be able to run properly again soon.

11/05/2014 at 21:23

Oh and I got drenched this morning!  Is this May?!

11/05/2014 at 21:57

Lol jg, thank you for reminding us it's a running forum, but hey, the best bit is all the other gossip!! Haven't read back a page to read more about bloody awful husbands, I hardly saw mine this weekend given he came home Friday eve, snored all night so I decamped to spade room, got up early to go billing with boys for five hours but forgot to turn his alarm clock of!!! We meet in tescos car park to exchange bikes and car containing kids!! I raced, stayed for post-race cake/prize giving, biked home with a friend and had 20 minutes to shower and head out for evening at ballet with friends (no time for tea!!! Always good prep for wine and g&t ). Today I took kids to orienteering comp on my own this morning so he could get ready to go back south again ... Saw him briefly at lunchtime before he took j to a youth ceilidh band practice, I did the pick-up whilst said husband departed to airport ... Sorry, that was a major monologue, but I'm a bit peeved!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.